The Chateau Diaries #193 It’s time to put photos of the accountants on milk cartons & c if they're found

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he prefers his gowns to be flowing, beaded, with sequins. Then of course there's the matching accessories. Shoes wouldn't be a problem as we know he cherishes his heels. Playing dress-ups with Fanny for the camera to the delight of his delusional fans. He must have felt orgasmic going through Mummy's wardrobe. For him, Fanny's overly extensive wardrobe must be a wet dream.

(Incidentally, I've just returned from clothes shopping with my husband. So I'm not feeling generous. Such a freaking trial! He doesn't like anything! After three hours of trawling through menswear stores with him, I don't know if he needs a bullet in the skull, or I do).
I feel your pain. Mine doesn't believe in getting rid of stuff. He still owns some horrors that have now been designated to gardening clothes. His father was worse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Jack Spratt
'Mine doesn't believe in getting rid of stuff.'

My husband finds it hard to let go as well.
It really does my head in sometimes.
I need an emoji with steam coming out of it's ears.

• Haha
Set your sights a little lower. There's lots of beautiful properties waiting for the right person to bring them back to life. And research areas. Seriously, this is the most important thing. Don't just buy a place because someone, somewhere has a place there and it looks idyllic. Lwocation, location, location. Think about what YOU want. What YOU want to find in the locality and, most importantly, what interests YOU.
Exactly, sound advice. A chateau would never be on my list, a money pit. I'm so glad when we came over to look 20 years ago, we were open minded. We wanted to be in the middle of nowhere but ended up in a little hamlet with the best neighbours/friends ever. You want somewhere that will feel like home and not feel like an expensive mistake.

Off topic: Yes, that’s so true! Yet, when I wore a suit every day to work, it was actually much simpler for me than business casual. I had multiple, nice, gray and black suits, and plenty of white button down shirts. The only “hard decision” to make was what tie to wear (I had about 100 ties in my wardrobe). Getting dressed for work was pretty easy. Suits really should make a comeback for men in the office. But I feel bad for women because they really don’t have the same option as men. I think women have to buy multiple outfits and spend so much more money on clothes than men in a corporate workplace.
So true. Most of my working life keeping a wardrobe of suitable clothes for work was an expensive nightmare. Luckily the last six years I was in the uk, I was in uniform so it was a breeze. After moving to rural France, the amount of clothing and shoes that got donated (no need for any of those here in the sticks) was obscene. Much more casually dressed these days.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Bettina H
15 hours ago
The patreon card i got ages ago still smell amazing

RowanDrift
21 hours ago
My patreon card arrived this week, I think the whole street knew I screamed in excitement, its got pride of place on the dresser and smells lovely Xx
I've heard of card carrying Democrats.
Card carrying Republicans...
Card carrying this...
Card carrying that...
Now there are card sniffing tralalanders.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I'm wondering if it may have something to do with Percy's health. Maybe Fanny has orders to stay put in case Mummy needs her.
I think the same. Mummy was certainly a lot less feisty than normal she seemed concerned all of the time. Could be a combination of Percy's health doubled with the current state/financial situation at the chateau. I don't think all is as it seems.

Jack Spratt
'Mine doesn't believe in getting rid of stuff.'

My husband finds it hard to let go as well.
It really does my head in sometimes.
I need an emoji with steam coming out of it's ears.
Mine still has bloody jumpers from the 80s (collectable vintage now, that he's hidden so i can't bin them😆). He still had clothes in boxes from when we moved here 16 years ago. I've been very slowly Emmausing stuff over the years, he's not noticed so it proves he didn't need to keep them in the first place.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I think the same. Mummy was certainly a lot less feisty than normal she seemed concerned all of the time. Could be a combination of Percy's health doubled with the current state/financial situation at the chateau. I don't think all is as it seems.

Mine still has bloody jumpers from the 80s (collectable vintage now, that he's hidden so i can't bin them😆). He still had clothes in boxes from when we moved here 16 years ago. I've been very slowly Emmausing stuff over the years, he's not noticed so it proves he didn't need to keep them in the first place.
Same! Same! Same!
Except he notices when I try to 'declutter' for him. 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just back from daut's house .... it is my birthday today so I am about to catch up. Daut did a lovely lunch for me and my grandson played "happy birthday" on his guitar. He is just learning and did good!

OK .... I have a husband that has lots of things in the garage that "we just might need some day" !!! That day will Never come.
Will not throw anything away. :devilish:

My heart goes out to you both MadameChat and Beachgirl . ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Just back from daut's house .... it is my birthday today so I am about to catch up. Daut did a lovely lunch for me and my grandson played "happy birthday" on his guitar. He is just learning and did good!

OK .... I have a husband that has lots of things in the garage that "we just might need some day" !!! That day will Never come.

I have lost count of the number of times that I have heard, 'I knew we shouldn't have thrown that out. Now I need it.'

And . . . a very happy birthday to you! 🎂

• Heart
  • Haha

Happy Birthday @Pekey 🥳

• Heart
I watched Billy’s vlog from yesterday where he discussed his insurance woes on the convent. First, I had to get over the way he said “everythink” throughout the vlog. 🙄 once I got over that…😆 In the US, if a bank lends you money (a mortgage) to buy a structure, the bank requires insurance on the property. If the property isn’t insurable, the bank won’t lend you the money to buy it. Billy said he had an extremely hard time getting the convent insured. So, either the laws or rules are different in France, or he paid for the convent “in full” and didn’t need to borrow money to buy it. I recall he said they spent $500K to buy the convent. If they paid that total in full, with no borrowing, they could have easily funded the gardeners cottage restoration. Michael’s gofundme account claimed that Gwen and Billy didn’t have the money to spend in the cottage. My guess is that was totally untrue. They just didn’t want to spend money on Michael’s folly.
These words drive me nuts, 'everythink' ' 'somethink' 'anythink' It's surprising how many people use these non words. So annoying.
I also note Billy mentioned how the cost of rebuilding after a fire would be millions. Was this also referencing Dopey Dan and his Folly?

• Haha
  • Heart
These words drive me nuts, 'everythink' ' 'somethink' 'anythink' It's surprising how many people use these non words. So annoying.
I also note Billy mentioned how the cost of rebuilding after a fire would be millions. Was this also referencing Dopey Dan and his Folly?
It's his regional dialect associated with where he comes from in England.
Wikipedia explains it better than me.

Wikipedia says:

[Lack of NG-coalescence] is particularly associated with English English accents in an area of Northern England (especially Lancashire), the West Midlands and Derbyshire in the East Midlands, and is also present in north-east varieties of Welsh English. This includes the cities of Birmingham (see Brummie), Manchester, Liverpool (see Scouse), Sheffield and Stoke-on-Trent. This also occurs in a small area of Kent. [...]

• Heart
  • Wow
I absolutely HATE the fancy white tiles Billy Petherick is putting up as a backsplash in the Convent office kitchen. They are gross and totally unsuitable for a kitchen, so unhygenic. And then he uses BLACK grout. WTAF?
Look, you guys kept saying the Trotters and Gwendoline have well established plans, that she wouldn't spend that dolla without a well thought out plan, that she's very financially savy. I think that is all a load of bull and that going by what they have done with their Dracula chateau, while miles ahead better than Fanny, shows they have no plan or idea about what they're doing but quite a bit of money to be stupid with.

Reactions: 8
It's his regional dialect associated with where he comes from in England.
Wikipedia explains it better than me.

Wikipedia says:
Oh dear, most of my family's origins are either Kent or East London so there's no hope for me is there. I'll hold my hands up and say sometimes (depends on the company and how animated the conversation) it can slip in. Most of the time I'd say I have a Surrey dialect (if it exisits) or for special occassions I do have my 'posh telephone voice'.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh dear, most of my family's origins are either Kent or East London so there's no hope for me is there. I'll hold my hands up and say sometimes (depends on the company and how animated the conversation) it can slip in. Most of the time I'd say I have a Surrey dialect (if it exisits) or for special occassions I do have my 'posh telephone voice'.
Another Hyacinth. :) Spratt residence, Lady or Gentleman of the house speaking:love:

I'm sure either Pa Petherick or Teabag mentioned once that they hailed from Kent. I may be wrong.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.