The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really...is it up for sale...? i know a lot of british expats want to sale..i can understand..no business..crumbling houses.. cold winters..and the taxes in France are not cheap...believe me i know..
There was no mistaking it in the photos. Definitely listed for sale.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Really...is it up for sale...? i know a lot of british expats want to sale..i can understand..no business..crumbling houses.. cold winters..and the taxes in France are not cheap...believe me i know..

Have we sunk that low?
Have you seen the vlog about the firescreen..? they made a lot of remarks one cannot misunderstand..This is gossip and a bit of witt and laughter..sorry you felt offended..And btw your stories about you and mrs G are not very entertaining either.. being honest..I guess we should post what we like and let the users judge of it..without complaining...or sitting on a high horse..
[/QUOTE]

Yawn!

You can post what you like I am not telling you what to post. However,If you think posting that is witty you want to look up the definition.

I am not bothered whether you like my posts or not. We're all grown up on here.

I asked the question had we sunk that low? Clearly you have.

Regarding the commentary on that vlog there's a Trotter thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Can someone please post the link for Ryan’s uncle’s property, I am looking to buy one. His is not too big and does not look too rundown! :LOL:

Reactions: 8
I think you miss the point what tattle is..it is gossip about in this case miss Jarvis etc..when you personally feel offended i dont think this is a place for you..if you dont like a post scroll over it.. I do..and stick to the point we are here for ...to gossip about things ...not to attack eachother....and if my post isnt to your liking ..scroll past it...makes tattlelife a lot more easier.. :p
You miss my point. I am not offended. It would take a lot to offend me.

You're on the wrong thread for the Trotter post.

Keep it on track as you point out it is a laland thread.

They're just babies. 🥺 Gosh that was heartbreaking. For $5000? Can they manage on that until graduation? Is it even worth it or is it a scammy fashion school? It's really too bad we are only about 60 people here, and not the powerhouse of gossip we're being accused of. A tattle GFM for all the kids who aren't picked for the scholarship would be awesome. Maybe Stephanie can throw another 30k in Vuyo's direction instead. Or sweet, shy Mmakhotso. This definitely had the opposite effect on me than what was intended.
I think it all don’t add up. I’m sure it’s a. Three year course and 5k don’t cover three years tuition. Yet sj has indicated the cost to be 5k. One of the applicants who was interviewed said about needing accommodation expensive etc all covered. Surely if it was just for tuition and excluding all the other extras that would add up then spero should have stated that.

Reactions: 5
Dan doesn’t appear to be an expert at growing food. He strikes me as a mow & blow garden maintenance guy. Since they still haven’t figured out how they’ll water this summer, they really should mulch those beds.
I agree. To me, Dan doesn't come across as a "gardening" gardener, as in a plantsman (either vegetables/soft fruit) or creating a "cutting garden"/herbaceous borders (of which there are none...so far!) and I think he's learning a lot as he goes along. He's obviously very capable and seems to have bucketloads of commonsense, an attribute that doesn't march hand in hand with other characters in Le Cirque de Lalande.

He seems to have the measure of IJ and get on with her, which is no mean feat. And he is singularly unimpressed by SJ's affected posturing and theatrical gushing about the wonderfulness of everything. All in all, he's a bit of star!

Reactions: 37
I think it all don’t add up. I’m sure it’s a. Three year course and 5k don’t cover three years tuition. Yet sj has indicated the cost to be 5k. One of the applicants who was interviewed said about needing accommodation expensive etc all covered. Surely if it was just for tuition and excluding all the other extras that would add up then spero should have stated that.
No it seems like a small amount of money for a bunch of desperate kids who won't be able to afford to stay after the first year or even less, and probably won't have a job when they get out. Spero should probably address that. She just donated scholarship money and I'm pretty sure Spero is making sure she pays for all three years with this video. Interesting.

I agree. To me, Dan doesn't come across as a "gardening" gardener, as in a plantsman (either vegetables/soft fruit) or creating a "cutting garden"/herbaceous borders (of which there are none...so far!) and I think he's learning a lot as he goes along. He's obviously very capable and seems to have bucketloads of commonsense, an attribute that doesn't march hand in hand with other characters in Le Cirque de Lalande.

He seems to have the measure of IJ and get on with her, which is no mean feat. And he is singularly unimpressed by SJ's affected posturing and theatrical gushing about the wonderfulness of everything. All in all, he's a bit of star!
You're not wrong. I'm just putting in my requests because I am a gardening gardener. Actually IJ and Dan would probably think my garden style was too wild. Wild flowers, hollyhocks and sunflowers got me in trouble at work for years with people like them. The Maintenance and Operation Department was not my friend.

Can someone please post the link for Ryan’s uncle’s property, I am looking to buy one. His is not too big and does not look too rundown! :LOL:
What do you think of the new logo for Lalande 🤨

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I was hoping the mairie wouldn't help her with getting the lake back as a form of reparation for her disdain towards the locals. But apparently they are keen on helping the duchess...
She actually 'tricked' them in doing part of her job for her by pointing out to them the communal road needs work too and they need a survey done first, just as she. This way, the community pays for half of her survey, when she does nothing in return. Seriously, the grabbing is shameless and never-ending.

Let's see where it leads this year.
We know where it leads and it ain't anywhere good. That garden will always stay a mess, prep or no prep, as long as there's no serious effort made to design it into something useful and working towards the actual needs of that tit-show-shat-o, instead of yet another playground for the tricks and whims of both Jarvis women.

Considering that Dan started there in May for one day a week, he has done an incredible job! What a shame that we don't see the same level of progress elsewhere in the Chateau.
Did they not expand that to two or three days a week? It's winter, so he might have toned it down a bit and I'm not surprised by the progress he made. That's what all them newcomers do: work hard to impress the shittelaine, which isn't hard to do in the first place since she has no clue about anything work related and things raking for two minutes is a serious workout. He will be corrupted by her chaos and constant change of plans.

They brushed over the leak that showed when Dan turned on the fountain. I wonder if it was caused by the works to put in those awful coloured lights.
The pump for that monstrous fountain broke down years ago and drove Percy crazy, because he was supposed to fix it, but couldn't. No surprise it's still broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Did they not expand that to two or three days a week? It's winter, so he might have toned it down a bit and I'm not surprised by the progress he made. That's what all them newcomers do: work hard to impress the shittelaine, which isn't hard to do in the first place since she has no clue about anything work related and things raking for two minutes is a serious workout. He will be corrupted by her chaos and constant change of plans.
I am happy she finally hired someone who knows how to maintain the grounds. You had just said, "they hired gardeners, lots of volunteers and even my friends, who at the time knew nothing about gardening" so she's needed a mow & blow for awhile now, clearly.

• Heart
I am happy she finally hired someone who knows how to maintain the grounds. You had just said, "they hired gardeners, lots of volunteers and even my friends, who at the time knew nothing about gardening" so she's needed a mow & blow for awhile now, clearly.
Indeed I did say that. I also pointed out that's what all them newcomers do: work hard to impress the shittelaine, which isn't hard to do in the first place since she has no clue about anything work related and things raking for two minutes is a serious workout. He will be corrupted by her chaos and constant change of plans.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I know that some Tattlers are upset, that the Trotters are always mentioned here. (Since they have their own thread.)
I say it can't be helped.
1) The Chateau-verse is tightly interconnected; SJ, Dan, Trotters, Ryan, Philly & Angelina Ballerina, Fleuries, Croix Honnet, W(h)iners and Chateau Fail.
2) All it takes is for one tattler to mention the Trotters to get a snowball rolling...

What should we do? Discard the Trotter thread and use this as the complete chateau-verse thread, or (still) be... uhm... mindful about what we post where...
I’m surprised more people aren’t mentioning how MPK went on holiday to Madrid to visit his friend/ boyfriend?? Staying at a lavish hotel and going out to eat, spending loads of €€€, but the minute it’s time for cottage reno, he all of a sudden has no more money and needs to bring out the begging bowl.

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Indeed I did say that. I also pointed out that's what all them newcomers do: work hard to impress the shittelaine, which isn't hard to do in the first place since she has no clue about anything work related and things raking for two minutes is a serious workout. He will be corrupted by her chaos and constant change of plans.
The extra money and hiring someone with experience is probably making things easier though. Dan seems to have boundaries, and a life.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Have you seen the vlog about the firescreen..? they made a lot of remarks one cannot misunderstand..This is gossip and a bit of witt and laughter..sorry you felt offended..And btw your stories about you and mrs G are not very entertaining either.. being honest..I guess we should post what we like and let the users judge of it..without complaining...or sitting on a high horse..
Yawn!
However,If you think posting that is witty you want to look up the definition.

I am not bothered

[/QUOTE]

TF -Ed-de-Fff ROIGHT offfffffffff
less than 30 posts - seeks out
Jeeves - Carla / Gibson - mojo

B274FD54-EDB3-4BA7-9924-9984AACEA603.jpeg

I’m surprised more people aren’t mentioning how MPK went on holiday to Madrid to visit his friend/ boyfriend?? Staying at a lavish hotel and going out to eat, spending loads of €€€, but the minute it’s time for cottage reno, he all of a sudden has no more money and needs to bring out the begging bowl.
ahhh 😨 Micheal your back - the absolute
bare faced cheek of you not keeping up
on all the bs your media consultant churns out

I’m surprised you have the balls to mention yourself here
try the last thread 🧵

thing is I haven’t the crayons 🖍
big enough to draw you a picture

nor the inclination
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Yawn!

ahhh 😨 Micheal your back - the absolute
bare faced cheek of you not keeping up
on all the bs your media consultant churns out

I’m surprised you have the balls to mention yourself here
try the last thread 🧵

thing is I haven’t the crayons 🖍
big enough to draw you a picture

nor the inclination
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I think we were supposed to be homophobic for his coming out party. I'm happy for him. Get some, Michael.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Dan seems to have boundaries, and a life.
That hasn't stopped her from trying to interfere before. With you, I hope it works out for him. I've seen too many go under though to share your optimism.

Get some, Michael.
I don't think he needs encouraging in that department, as he's pretty good in grabbing anyway, or so it seems.

From the comment section on this page about the Villioti Fashion Institute comes this interesting quote:
Good day. I sent my child there last year, paid all the fees but until today she does not have a certificate or the clothes that she made. Your phone is no longer going through. Can you kindly assist as i am now suspecting that we were scammed.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
i thought 💭 ssb said it would be 5k a year for 3 years
so she’s using advent monies to cover it
she’s no intention of letting the ...
name that present / post box
📦 in one ...
ask natti / Marie they security check the post for valuables or chocolate 🍫

That hasn't stopped her from trying to interfere before. With you, I hope it works out for him. I've seen too many go under though to share your optimism.

I don't think he needs encouraging in that department, as he's pretty good in grabbing anyway, or so it seems.

From the comment section on this page about the Villioti Fashion Institute comes this interesting quote:
Good day. I sent my child there last year, paid all the fees but until today she does not have a certificate or the clothes that she made. Your phone is no longer going through. Can you kindly assist as i am now suspecting that we were scammed.

Just in case this gets deleted. How Tattle Saved My Vlog! Fashion schools are almost always scams.

fashion.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.