The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A family was taken in by a local church. Because of issues with living in SA. The only ones I've had any interaction with are 3 men in their 20-30s. They seem to be well sketchy and obnoxious. Women won't date them. They've been here for 15years. Percy was a better representative of the country. Until this. It's disappointing. There's good and bad in every group. But this is just sketchy.

Reactions: 1
My understanding is the SA government is highly against the exploitation of their people. This video is highly exploitive. No one should be forced to put their situation on youtube in order to get a scholarship. Whatever agency that certified this school needs to be made aware of that video.
Looks like the institute are aware of negative vibes. Latest YouTube comment from them "Hi everyone, thank you for your wonderful comments. We did discuss privately with each stude, explaining clearly that we wanted to film them. This was really appealing to them and where only to happy to talk about themselves, all saying if l don't get the scholarship then it's ok at least we created awarnes. It is hart rewnching to have to make one desision, and that l thank my amazing team. There where 8 candidate, but one didn't want to be filmed, we absolutely respect that, that is why you didn't see the last person. We will try and find separate funding for them if possible, but keeping it private. I did promise them all that l will do my best to have all 8, at our institution, don't know how but l will find a way" Hmm..nice try - so those coming for an interview don't want to appear stroppy by saying no I won't be filmed. Good for the candidate who said no thanks to that. Hopefully that one gets the money from SJ's benevolence grifting.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Charity is not and should not be about creating a limited resource that those in need compete or are selected for (WTHeck?!). Its purpose is the complete opposite to scarcity.

Is this a one time thing? Does this fashion institute even have a scholarship program before this?

Using young people’s expectations to boost SJ's sense of kindness… I find the whole thing revolting.
I refused to watch it, it's so reprehensible. I hear it was heartbreaking and a bit like The Hunger Games. Badly done Stephanee, badly done!

Reactions: 19
Oh believe you me I am not in any shape or form endorsing that behaviour, but I think it's a rocky road to travel to say they are not a legitimate organisation when it appears (on the surface anyway) that they are. Disgraceful use of young people basically having to audition for a job in order to provide YouTube footage. But it appears in this circle of people that is the norm for them. Everyone and everything is there to be exploited for ££.
I think the scholarship is a scam and he is a grifter of sorts.

I do not know enough about the institute to be able to judge.

Reactions: 7
Looks like the institute are aware of negative vibes. Latest YouTube comment from them "Hi everyone, thank you for your wonderful comments. We did discuss privately with each stude, explaining clearly that we wanted to film them. This was really appealing to them and where only to happy to talk about themselves, all saying if l don't get the scholarship then it's ok at least we created awarnes. It is hart rewnching to have to make one desision, and that l thank my amazing team. There where 8 candidate, but one didn't want to be filmed, we absolutely respect that, that is why you didn't see the last person. We will try and find separate funding for them if possible, but keeping it private. I did promise them all that l will do my best to have all 8, at our institution, don't know how but l will find a way" Hmm..nice try - so those coming for an interview don't want to appear stroppy by saying no I won't be filmed. Good for the candidate who said no thanks to that. Hopefully that one gets the money from SJ's benevolence grifting.
Yah creepy pig cover your @##. Disgusting. How about you take less salary to have all these students. There's a way for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There is a difference between asking people whether they mind their interview being filmed or asking whether they mind it being shown on YT. We don't know whether they mentioned to them that were going to show it on a public platform. The interviewees may well have been happy being filmed just for the institute but may well not be happy for it to be seen on YT!

The principal might look a bit more professional if he learnt to spell correctly! How unprofessional that reply looks!

'd also like to point out that in a country like South Africa, a fashion scholarship is probably the most tone-deaf idea they could have come up with. And before I'm shot down, I do know the place very well, I lived there for 20+ years
Totally agree with you. There are people who desperately need food, medicines, etc.; this is purely to benefit SJ and the institute. The scholarship to a fashion institute could not be more irrelevant in SA. I lived in nearby Swaziland years ago and also know SA.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I haven't watched this video and not sure I will...
After what I've read here about it, it looks like a modern slaves fair...or a new Hunger Games version - for everybody to enjoy it online 😲

Re. Lalande. I suppose Stephanie knows that a swimming pool at the chateau will increase their two local property taxes (taxe foncière and taxe d'habitation).

Speaking of which, I'd curious to know how these local taxes are calculated in their case.

Two of the co-owners are not resident at Lalande. So they should pay their taxe d'habitation for their second (holidays) home. (Maison secondaire).

Stephanie should be exempted from the taxe d'habitation (New regulation in France) since Lalande is her main house.

@arthur could give us some informations in this matter, maybe 😊

Dear FrenchGirl123

Your wish is my command > so :

New construction, garage, swimming pool... :: what effect on local taxes?
Verified 11 mai 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

A new construction (garage, swimming pool, ...) increases rental value used to calculate the property tax and the housing tax. Your local taxes will be higher.
The construction must be fixed to the ground in perpetuity.. It is then impossible to move it without demolishing it.
You must file a return no later than 90 days after completion of the work:
Model Declaration IL - Change in consistency or assignment of built and unbuilt properties

Do you have to pay the housing tax for your second home?
Verified 18 mai 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

The owner of a second home must pay the applicable housing tax. This even though he also pays the tax on his main residence.
In the majority of cases, a second home does not allow to benefit from the discounts or discounts existing main residence..
Some municipalities apply increase from the housing tax to second homes.

Ministry of Finance

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks for the new thread.

I've watched Lalande's latest video.

It was so...boring ! ( Well I'm not interested in gardening so 20 minutes of seeds and pots was a bit too much for my taste 😜).

I can't believe that Stephanie doesn't know how to say compost in french after 16 years living in France with a big garden ! It was written on the bag anyway (terreau) but I'm not sure she noticed it ! And who goes to a nursery for bags of compost without taking a trolley at the entrance of the shop ??

The rest of the video was really dull and badly filmed/edited. It looked like a patchwork of their daily life snippets quickly filmed while flouncing from rooms to rooms.

Frankly, if I had watched this video at the beginning of CD channel, I would have never followed her vlogs !
Thanks for the new thread.

I've watched Lalande's latest video.

It was so...boring ! ( Well I'm not interested in gardening so 20 minutes of seeds and pots was a bit too much for my taste 😜).

I can't believe that Stephanie doesn't know how to say compost in french after 16 years living in France with a big garden ! It was written on the bag anyway (terreau) but I'm not sure she noticed it ! And who goes to a nursery for bags of compost without taking a trolley at the entrance of the shop ??

The rest of the video was really dull and badly filmed/edited. It looked like a patchwork of their daily life snippets quickly filmed while flouncing from rooms to rooms.

Frankly, if I had watched this video at the beginning of CD channel, I would have never followed her vlogs !
I cant believe she doesnt own a drone and asked poor Dan to use his to film some new drone shots for a new intro! Dan has only just started his channel and is investing in it by buying a drone and learning how to use it, his editing skills are amazing and hes only been doing it for a few months, she has been doing it for 2yrs and is still filming on her phone!!

• Haha
More info about housing tax :

Housing tax
Verified 10 décembre 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

The housing tax is a local tax that depends on the characteristics of your dwelling, its location and your personal situation (income, composition of the household...) in 1to January. You have to pay it if you are a landlord, tenant or a free occupant of your principal home. You will also have to pay for your second home if you have one. You may be exempted in certain cases.

Who has to pay it ?

The housing tax (TH) depends on your situation at 1to January of the taxation year.
You are taxable at the address where you live at 1to January, whether you are a landlord, tenant or occupant for free.
You are taxable even if you move during the year or occupy the dwelling only part of the year.
Please note : the TH concerns both the main dwelling and the secondary residence..

To be exempt from the housing tax, you must live:

• single
  • or with your husband or wife
  • or with your Pacs partner
  • or with 1 or more dependants
  • or with a person whose resources are below a certain ceiling.
What premises are involved ?
General case :
The residential tax applies to the following premises, whether your principal or secondary dwelling:

• Furnished premises assigned to the dwelling (detached house or apartment). The dwelling must have sufficient furnishings to enable it to be occupied.
  • Housing dependencies (private parking, garage, etc.), whether or not furnished and not attached
In some cases :

If your home is located in ZRR, the residential tax applies to the following premises, whether your primary or secondary dwelling:

• Furnished premises assigned to the dwelling (detached house or apartment). The dwelling must have sufficient furnishings to enable it to be occupied.
  • Housing dependencies (private parking, garage, etc.), whether or not furnished and not attached
Municipalities may, however, exempt the following premises:

• Bed & Breakfast
  • Classified Local furnished with tourism
(NB Crozon/Vauvre is in ZRR)

The housing tax is calculated on the basis of cadastral rental value of the dwelling and its dependencies.

For the principal residence, the rental value is reduced reduction..

The tax is equal to the multiplication of the amount obtained by the tax rates voted by territorial communities..

Slaughtering in certain areas
In addition to the compulsory abatement, local authorities may decide to apply optional abatement for the principal residence.

The local authorities may decide to abatement the TH of the principal residence fixed between 1% and 15% the average rental value of the townhouses.

Surcharge for secondary residence
Some municipalities may decide to apply a residential tax increase for second homes..
Discount for people with low incomes
If you do not have a tax exemption for your home, the amount of your principal residence may be capped.
To qualify for the cap, you do not have to have been subjected to theIFI in 2019.

Reactions: 7
More info about housing tax :

Housing tax
Verified 10 décembre 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

The housing tax is a local tax that depends on the characteristics of your dwelling, its location and your personal situation (income, composition of the household...) in 1to January. You have to pay it if you are a landlord, tenant or a free occupant of your principal home. You will also have to pay for your second home if you have one. You may be exempted in certain cases.

Who has to pay it ?

The housing tax (TH) depends on your situation at 1to January of the taxation year.
You are taxable at the address where you live at 1to January, whether you are a landlord, tenant or occupant for free.
You are taxable even if you move during the year or occupy the dwelling only part of the year.
Please note : the TH concerns both the main dwelling and the secondary residence..

To be exempt from the housing tax, you must live:

• single
  • or with your husband or wife
  • or with your Pacs partner
  • or with 1 or more dependants
  • or with a person whose resources are below a certain ceiling.
What premises are involved ?
General case :
The residential tax applies to the following premises, whether your principal or secondary dwelling:

In some cases :

If your home is located in ZRR, the residential tax applies to the following premises, whether your primary or secondary dwelling:

Municipalities may, however, exempt the following premises:

• Bed & Breakfast
  • Classified Local furnished with tourism
(NB Crozon/Vauvre is in ZRR)

The housing tax is calculated on the basis of cadastral rental value of the dwelling and its dependencies.

For the principal residence, the rental value is reduced reduction..

The tax is equal to the multiplication of the amount obtained by the tax rates voted by territorial communities..

Slaughtering in certain areas
In addition to the compulsory abatement, local authorities may decide to apply optional abatement for the principal residence.

The local authorities may decide to abatement the TH of the principal residence fixed between 1% and 15% the average rental value of the townhouses.

Surcharge for secondary residence
Some municipalities may decide to apply a residential tax increase for second homes..
Discount for people with low incomes
If you do not have a tax exemption for your home, the amount of your principal residence may be capped.
To qualify for the cap, you do not have to have been subjected to theIFI in 2019.
Thanks !

I was reading the YT comments for Stephanie's latest vlog where she says to Dan (who's the father of two young kids and is younger than her...) : "Mummy will love me more" (if she does some gardening)...
Wow....wow...
People saying to her that "Mummy will be proud of her daughter" in several comments...or something like "you're a good girl" etc etc.
Wake up people ! She's a 45 year-old woman !!
Disturbing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
I cant believe she doesnt own a drone and asked poor Dan to use his to film some new drone shots for a new intro! Dan has only just started his channel and is investing in it by buying a drone and learning how to use it, his editing skills are amazing and hes only been doing it for a few months, she has been doing it for 2yrs and is still filming on her phone!!
According to one of the live chats (cant remember which one) MPK said he had a date this week but was free from Sunday to be collected and spend some time at la Lande. Surely she could have waited and got him to use his, he could then justify the travel as work.

Thanks !

I was reading the YT comments for Stephanie's latest vlog where she says to Dan (who's the father of two young kids and is younger than her...) : "Mummy will love me more" (if she does some gardening)...
Wow....wow...
People saying to her that "Mummy will be proud of her daughter" in several comments...or something like "you're a good girl" etc etc.
Wake up people ! She's a 45 year-old woman !!
Disturbing.
They really do have a very odd relationship.

According to one of the live chats (cant remember which one) MPK said he had a date this week but was free from Sunday to be collected and spend some time at la Lande. Surely she could have waited and got him to use his, he could then justify the travel as work.
Don't give them any ideas, they spread covid enough as it is!

Reactions: 8
Any comments on Billy’s latest video? There is something strange going on between Ryan and Billy.... Ryan is always flirting with him, if I was Gwen I would not want him around so much.... people seem to love him, I find his voice and, basically all of him, extremely annoying!!! And what is this habit of always complimenting each other? Is that a British custom? SJ & Co. also do it all time. Why? What is the point?:LOL:
I actually cannot bare him! His voice and whining Helllowwww! Sleazy 😝

Someone put him straight in the comments section. He should have cleaned it first, laid it down etc. Then in the end, he realised that it would have the beautiful panelling in the fireplace! Did you catch Ryan's little dig at Billy re the new table he bought? He asked how much BIlly had paid for it, and Billy said he couldn't remember. Ryan said, "that's very unusually for you"!!

I've also unsubscribed to Ryan's vlog after his rant.
I'm truly surprised anyone finds anything interesting In them. Boring voice and boring content!

There was no mistaking it in the photos. Definitely listed for sale.
How much was it selling for?

Can someone please post the link for Ryan’s uncle’s property, I am looking to buy one. His is not too big and does not look too rundown! :LOL:
Anyone as lovely lake too.

That hasn't stopped her from trying to interfere before. With you, I hope it works out for him. I've seen too many go under though to share your optimism.

I don't think he needs encouraging in that department, as he's pretty good in grabbing anyway, or so it seems.

From the comment section on this page about the Villioti Fashion Institute comes this interesting quote:
Good day. I sent my child there last year, paid all the fees but until today she does not have a certificate or the clothes that she made. Your phone is no longer going through. Can you kindly assist as i am now suspecting that we were scammed.

Quel surprise! More con merchants, associated with Loll ! 5.000 was probably just a way of giving some dosh to IJ

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
What do you think of the new logo for Lalande 🤨
[/QUOTE]

I do not know what new logo you are referring to..... :unsure:

Reactions: 3

Thank you @Marquis de Potpourri for the new title!
Thanks to @ploppityplop2 for the new intro!
Thanks to @MojoDublin and @Rory for Glossaries.

For discussions of Doing It Ourselves and The Pethericks:
(3) The Pethericks #1 Free Gwendoline | Tattle Life

Glossary

CD - The Chateau Diaries
Tarts boudoir - Chateau de Lalande
HMN - heap in the middle of nowhere
Flat 34B - bolt hole 🕳 SJ 🇬🇧

LOTL/LOTLL - Lady of the (Lost) Lake, aka Stephanie (b.1975)
SSB- She Who Shouts from the balcony, SJ
QBC- Queen of bed chambers - SJ
MB - Madame Boneyparts -SJ
SJ - Stephanie Jarvis
Fanny - Stephanie Jarvis

MMAF - Mad Man's Arse Face, i.e. mummy
Mini Apron - Isabelle Jarvis (nee Biggio, b.1942) married 1962/3 to Derek Jarvis, widowed 2009, married to Percy Atfield year???

Potty/MP - Michael Potts
Cinder-Ruth- MPotts current squeeze Ruth Kelly (b.1981)

Nitti/Nutty - Nati Oliveto

Floral Roadkill (FRK / RK) - Marie Wiik (b.1991)

BJJ - Baby Jesus Jeans, aka Philip Janssen
PP (Nostril of Lalande) - Prince Philip
UH - Uriah Heep - Philip
Renfield - Philip

MP/MP2/MPK - Michael Petherick (b.1986)
MOLD: Man Of LOST Design - Michael Petherick
Crybaby - Michael Petherick
Sir Trotter BDSM - Michael Petherick
Teabag Trotter - Michael Petherick
Master - Swedish director of 🎥 Elias Truedsson
BS - Billy Spielberg - Billy Petherick (b.1990)
Trotter, Petherdick - any Petherick family reference
Ma Trotter - Sherrie Petherick
Pa Trotter - Mr Petherick Esq
PILF: The only Petherick I'd like to be filmed with - Pa 'Mick' Trotter

Dear Brenda/BG - Brenda Gibbons (superfan/Facebook admin) from Donegal Ireland
Karen Cbomb - other superfan/admin, Canada
Jumpsuit Jill - rabid serial deletor of unfan comments on premier 💴 chat - Jill Scott, New Zealand

Donegals - Limericks (renamed in honour of Dear Brenda)
Agents - Tattlers who find out juicy background info

Chat O (or variations) - Chateau (how Brenda says it)
“BuyMeACoffee” - give me money (no, really, give me money, I really need it)

MBNS;GF - more boring narc stuff; gimme facts

PSDFHB - princess 👸 shouting down from her balcony
PRSDBP - princess 👸 in her robe shouting down from her balcony at the peasants

Wet Blanket - Fun hoover
Mickey Dodger - Woman who avoids sexual encounters

Thanks to @Rory for the SSB Main Squeeze Glossary:

1. Gregory Mason Clark - Husband and boyfriend, on and off at uni. SJ approx 18
2. Nic Larkin - apparently just friends at uni (but also dated according to CB?)
3. Married Husband 22-24??? (wedding registered in July 1999, she was 23 at the time)
4. Michael Potts met through Oliver Strong on and off 10 years. Open relationship in the end. Buys Chateau 2005 during relationship age 29.
5. Edmond Fokker van Craayenstein (player in tight trousers who pretends to be an aristocrat-BF with guy who said "let the 80 years-olds die off")
6. Mason Dwinell on and off (last we heard he is still staring at the sun?)
7. Ludwig Norweigner (otherwise known as Nordic Weirdo, alcoholic friend unceremoniously dumped at the train station without a ticket)
8. James Jardine (turned out to be "too much" for the girl who never has enough)
9. Daniel Hengeveld (nicknamed Druggy Daniel, because of his not so secret habits. IJ was furious about that romance and the fact that he introduced narcotics into the shat-o. Christmas 2016)
10. Various volunteers ad nauseum (bread oven guy Walton, Christian We etc.)
11. BJJ (any port in a storm, eh Stephanie?)

3205F6C2-901D-4BB7-BC1B-4831F5F45ACB.jpeg

Artwork @Linus
Thank you! Love the video 😅🤣😂

Reactions: 6
i thought 💭 ssb said it would be 5k a year for 3 years
so she’s using advent monies to cover it
she’s no intention of letting the ...
name that present / post box
📦 in one ...
ask natti / Marie they security check the post for valuables or chocolate 🍫
I wasnt sure if it was 5,000 for the 3 year course. Or 5.000 per year. I'm guessing Loll doesn't know either! 😂😂😂

I can't either. Must mean she's in on the scam?
As I suggested.. siphoning off 5.000 for mummy.. faux fashion guru probably got a cut!

Reactions: 2
Drones seem to be something the male youtubers are particularly into. Carlo from the Positano channel likened flying his drone to driving a fast car and getting a rush of adrenaline. SJ doesn't need a drone when literally every man associated with a chateau has one and would love to fly it around her house. She could use a better camera, but definitely doesn't need her own drone just to film an intro.

What do you think of the new logo for Lalande 🤨
I do not know what new logo you are referring to..... :unsure:
[/QUOTE]
The man who made the logo is also still looking for property in France. Twas joke.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.