The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the last thread, Clara mentioned Percy and seeing him out working with IJ. This is another discrepancy I think exists in the blogs: just how long have IJ and Percy been together? A vlog last year all about the wedding, talked about LOTL feeling guilty she would be betraying her father if Percy and IJ married at La Lande. That is was quick. This was then supported in the vlog interviewing IJ, how it was sudden, how do you know so quickly, getting married quick. IJ talked about “just knowing” and at their age “not wanting to waste time”; this latest vlog this week talks as though Daddy dies, Mummy finds Percy the next day, leaving me here all on my own. Can Clara confirm for us the length of time Percy and IJ have been together? Tbh, I dislike Percy though I have sympathy for him working on the chapel doors, paying the terrace work, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I do agree with you. The other thing is that every time some work is done, it is an English company. And that is something the locals DO NOT LIKE at all 😡👿 especially in the countryside (a Tattler had a word about that in the previous thread but I could not comment as it is shut).
The day she will have a problem of some sort and no foreign company is available, she will find no French artisan (rude gesture) or if she finds one it will cost her an arm and a leg :p:ROFLMAO: Fair enough.
It amazes me that as a French/British woman she doesn't employ local French craftsmen. Surely she must realise that this really rattles the locals.

Reactions: 23
I hope that doesn't happen soon because I haven't stopped working since the pandemic began ... God knows what it'll be like then - even worse! :eek:
Work is now the same for me too, even worse. But then again hobbies and meeting friends will be possible 🙆

Reactions: 5
@JustCommonSense " And considering all that money then gets spent on joinery by a UK firm.. "

That Hash was nothing but a common salesman! If you saw the patreon video, he suggested see through mirrors, more cabinets... He took the lead, because SSB clearly didn't have a thought out vision, and sold more than necessary :p But hey, it's only patreon money!
What??!!! See through mirrors!!! 😱-English not being my first language I might be mistaken- :unsure::giggle: What sort of B&B is that? (Loki keep quiet please) I bet it might bring them some good money. But as she can't manage a normal B&B, she will be struggling at managing her rural peep show/brothel.
"Madame Stephanie the dungeon bedroom (chambre de la tour) is now available", "Madame Isabelle where did you put the whips and the shackles? Philip!!! Where is Philip? Anybody has seen Philip? Oh là là :oops::censored:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It amazes me that as a French/British woman she doesn't employ local French craftsmen. Surely she must realise that this really rattles the locals.
Her disdain for the locals is palpable. Showing up on Valentine’s Day 5 mins before closing and filming one another instead of shopping. Oh and possibly having a shopping list. And going on and on how it’s Valentine’s Day and they want to have a special dinner. Don’t you think everyone in the marche wants to do the same but they are stuck there will SSB and PP film one another?!?!?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Percy must have had convincing arguments. 🤑🤑Usually older men want to marry, older women not so much. All the single senior friends of my mother or neighbours I know tell that it would be so easy for them to remarry, old guys lining up. Just the opposite like for 30 years old singles 😂
They all want to be cared for, but older women enjoy being free and independent and don't even think for a minute to get some old lazy guy who want them to clean and cook all day and later even nurse.
Isabelle does not strike me like she was looking for another companion, she was rather off on the airplane when Percy approached her. So what made her change her mind? 🤔

Reactions: 11
Percy must have had convincing arguments. 🤑🤑Usually older men want to marry, older women not so much. All the single senior friends of my mother or neighbours I know tell that it would be so easy for them to remarry, old guys lining up. Just the opposite like for 30 years old singles 😂
They all want to be cared for, but older women enjoy being free and independent and don't even think for a minute to get some old lazy guy who want them to clean and cook all day and later even nurse.
Isabelle does not strike me like she was looking for another companion, she was rather off on the airplane when Percy approached her. So what made her change her mind? 🤔

$$$$$$$$ signs in her eyes !

• Haha
Reactions: 19
[QUOTE="
[/QUOTE]

MONEY. Does Percy have wads of it? If he has, SJ probably pushed IJ that way.

Reactions: 14
Maybe Percy is a sex bomb. Ooh la la! 😜

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
@Jeeves "Thanks again Iolander. There is a pattern emerging of new people coming along and wanting things done differently but they soon disappear as soon as they are asked to go ahead and actually do it."

I knew it from the start :) . Newbies have a lot of suggestions they campaign with conviction, but when it comes to put them in action they go MIA immediately. Maybe Laurent got frustrated, he hasn't posted anything in the previous thread, so I felt I should step in. Tattle requires some commitment, they don't allow newbies to take over, first you need to earn your membership by posting a lot of comments.
hellllllll yes 🙌 TF no TFekedFFF
if another troll 😈 starts issues statements about hierarchy .....
will ye please realise ISABEL likes to duck with us

she has done so for eyeons !!!!
also
so the trolls can FFRoght OFF
you show your hand 🤚 when in the first
30 posts ... you make a beeline for me !!!
or Jeeves or Carla ....
asking why ?
or
insulting back handed witch slaps

note to the influence— tit ooooo

ive been moderately polite to date
I’ve hours to trawl your blogs

now Jog on ... read .... wise up
we haven’t charged you a bean !!!!

for financially setting ye straight !!! 🤣
getting rid of sex pests 🧐 ur welcome 😉
giving you content - really good feedback

some harsh I’ll freely admit
blunt ... but truthful 😍🥰😍

....... we’re staying IN IN
have you noticed it’s a pandemic 😷

n watching you 😷😷😷👁👁👁👁
0E37A949-B012-4182-9AFA-7F6775BB304C.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I do agree with you. The other thing is that every time some work is done, it is an English company. And that is something the locals DO NOT LIKE at all 😡👿 especially in the countryside (a Tattler had a word about that in the previous thread but I could not comment as it is shut).
The day she will have a problem of some sort and no foreign company is available, she will find no French artisan (rude gesture) or if she finds one it will cost her an arm and a leg :p:ROFLMAO: Fair enough.
You're 100% right !
But it would be another occasion to complain about these b*****y, expensive, lazy, unreliable etc etc, French tradesmen ! 😂😂

Reactions: 7
Percy had a successful career and as we can see from his house, he hasn't spent lavishly. There must be a considerable sum in his bank account 😂 The diamond parour (earrings and a chain) he just bought her looks expensive. Not classy. But expensive.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I think we could debate this one ad finitum! To be honest, I was just offering a linguistic alternative to the class debate. Jilly Cooper recalls overhearing her son telling a friend ‘Mummy says that “pardon” is a much worse word than “f**k”.’ He was quite right: to the uppers and upper-middles, using such an unmistakably lower-class term is worse than swearing. Here is a good class-test you can try: when talking to an English person, deliberately say something too quietly for them to hear you properly. A lower-middle or middle-middle person will say, ‘Pardon?’; an upper-middle will say ‘Sorry?’ (or perhaps ‘Sorry – what?’ or ‘What – sorry?’); but an upper-class and a working-class person will both just say, ‘What?’ The working-class person may drop the t – ‘Wha’?’ – but this will be the only difference. Some upper-working-class people with middle-class aspirations might say ‘pardon’, in a misguided attempt to sound ‘posh’.
Not sure where the definition of working class saying 'what' came from! Everyone I know says either pardon or sorry and children get told off if they say what. In fact it's the common refrain of parents. ..it's not what - it's pardon. The worst thing is saying 'eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
the hunk of jewellery on display at the zoom quiz
Isabel had matching earrings

a satellite 📡 in space could pick up those diamonds 💎

😎

S
What is old Brenda up to now?
View attachment 445764
top 🛑 teasing
😈
she blew her wad with the girls this morning

id be super suprised if Petherick has any skin on his back 😌😍😌

hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
- truth I blame ma Petherick
but they’d want to take it handy

brenda goes outside of the opnion page
shes still got 6 k .... on her page 📄
n it will defo make it back to patron

every cloud ⛅

• Haha
Reactions: 12
and still on a youtuber vibe ...

the YT HQ London shows the most successful youtubers on screens along the length of the building - there will be another red carpet moment when they slot in hers

1613755196199.png

"The primary purpose of the window displays is to attract attention to the building from the street by sharing some of the content available on YouTube."

• Haha
Reactions: 5
On the last thread, Clara mentioned Percy and seeing him out working with IJ. This is another discrepancy I think exists in the blogs: just how long have IJ and Percy been together? A vlog last year all about the wedding, talked about LOTL feeling guilty she would be betraying her father if Percy and IJ married at La Lande. That is was quick. This was then supported in the vlog interviewing IJ, how it was sudden, how do you know so quickly, getting married quick. IJ talked about “just knowing” and at their age “not wanting to waste time”; this latest vlog this week talks as though Daddy dies, Mummy finds Percy the next day, leaving me here all on my own. Can Clara confirm for us the length of time Percy and IJ have been together? Tbh, I dislike Percy though I have sympathy for him working on the chapel doors, paying the terrace work, etc.
As far as I know they met in 2014, in an airplane to or from SA, where IJ initially took the old gardener Bernard for a holiday, who at the time still had hopes of becoming mister IJ, but had more eyes for the new opportunity, who actually had money. It was no quick marriage for sure, because IJ (sort of like the hassle with SJ and her passport) was worried about her ability to stay in the UK after marrying a South African. They both had lawyers working on the matter for years to make sure all legal stuff was taken care of, so not a quick romantic marriage at all...

So what made her change her mind? 🤔
What will make all Jarvis women change their mind: money.

Not classy. But expensive.
Sums it up pretty accurate!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
As far as I know they met in 2014, in an airplane to or from SA, where IJ initially took the old gardener Bernard for a holiday, who at the time still had hopes of becoming mister IJ, but had more eyes for the new opportunity, who actually had money. It was no quick marriage for sure, because IJ (sort of like the hassle with SJ and her passport) was worried about her ability to stay in the UK after marrying a South African. They both had lawyers working on the matter for years to make sure all legal stuff was taken care of, so not a quick romantic marriage at all...

What will make all Jarvis women change their mind: money.
Thanks Clara. Good to know dates and background info. :)(y) Much longer than I thought and what the vlogs led me to believe.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.