The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just about to have something to eat when I came across this: https://thehurks.co.uk/2019/10/04/good-morning-from-the-honeymooners/ 🤮
Never mind, it'll stop me from putting any weight on, although if I look at these pics too much I could stop eating altogether... 🤣

That room, in fact all of the rooms look so old and dated. I know it's an old chateau but surely you redecorate regularly if you are running a B&B. I'm not necessarily talking about the style, but definitely the choice of fabric, patterns and colour of the paintwork. Some stately homes "Chatsworth" for example are stunning.

Reactions: 15
@JustCommonSense " And considering all that money then gets spent on joinery by a UK firm.. "

That Hash was nothing but a common salesman! If you saw the patreon video, he suggested see through mirrors, more cabinets... He took the lead, because SSB clearly didn't have a thought out vision, and sold more than necessary :p But hey, it's only patreon money!
Plain as a pikestaff - SSB hasn't had any vision/plan for 16 years other than the hostess with the mostess - leave your money on her dressing table on the way out

and yes, a common salesman with a touch of brown nosing creep about him

Reactions: 12
That room, in fact all of the rooms look so old and dated. I know it's an old chateau but surely you redecorate regularly if you are running a B&B. I'm not necessarily talking about the style, but definitely the choice of fabric, patterns and colour of the paintwork. Some stately homes "Chatsworth" for example are stunning.
Chateau or terraced house, it's still an unfinished, no effort, bunk up regardless of personal interior choices. Very shabby and far from chic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
A bit like SailonSilverGirl who wanted a page maintained with all of the "Golden Nuggets" so that newbies did not have trawl through threads when looking for information. She wasn't willing to take it on though and in her words "I'm done being hazed. Flouncing. Good-bye."
Yes, and how we should get organized and have an unified front with a clear mission :rolleyes: to take SSB and MPK down. I'm not in any orders to help creating a resistance army. I'm here to Tattle:)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
@JustCommonSense " And considering all that money then gets spent on joinery by a UK firm.. "

That Hash was nothing but a common salesman! If you saw the patreon video, he suggested see through mirrors, more cabinets... He took the lead, because SSB clearly didn't have a thought out vision, and sold more than necessary :p But hey, it's only patreon money!
I don't care as long those projects are finished during this pandemic. When normal life starts again I won't have time to watch and tattle... The panelling and china cabinets will look great I am sure! 😂😊

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Exactly my thoughts when I saw the video... He was there to sell and LOTL considers it free advice? His firm will be pleased if this goes through!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Not so much the interiors but this...

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I wonder if she has an UTR - Unique Tax Reference Number
Required by all self-employed people including landlords
Doesn't matter where you live in the world, if you earn money from renting out UK property a declaration of earnings must be made yearly and the tax paid to HMRC

• Wow
Reactions: 4
@Jeeves "Thanks again Iolander. There is a pattern emerging of new people coming along and wanting things done differently but they soon disappear as soon as they are asked to go ahead and actually do it."

I knew it from the start :) . Newbies have a lot of suggestions they campaign with conviction, but when it comes to put them in action they go MIA immediately. Maybe Laurent got frustrated, he hasn't posted anything in the previous thread, so I felt I should step in. Tattle requires some commitment, they don't allow newbies to take over, first you need to earn your membership by posting a lot of comments.
Probably painting a wall or trying to give neighbours vegetables they do not know!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No, because you made no reference to the ease of switching between Mummy/Maman/Mummy which was my point.

Re; your now deleted post
So she switched between Maman and Mummy with ease as a child and yet can't manage Mum. Really? I'm afraid your point doesn't hold water.
I recall my children calling me Mum, Mummy, Mumsie, Mother at different stages and even on occasion, Ma (which I detested), when my son was in university. I suspect many children do the same. I don't think that language really makes a lot of difference in this instance.
Her strange “look at ME! I think I’m posh! Now pay attention to ME!’ elocution falls in line with Mummy and Daddy. I hope no Tattlers actually say paaarfeck IRL!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
5 - living at the HMN 5 - travelled from Holland 4 - travelled from Belgium 1 - travelled from London 3 - travelled within locality ? - travelled to party but kept off camera👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 [/QUOTE said:
Its no wonder that France now has the highest new daily rate of Covid - approximately just under double of most other high European countries, ie. yesterday France 22501, UK 12057, Spain 14515, Italy 13762 and Germany 9825.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Exactly my thoughts when I saw the video... He was there to sell and LOTL considers it free advice? His firm will be pleased if this goes through!
SSB will have the last laugh! She doesn’t pay her bills! St. Cecilia sat for 5 years with an unpaid 5k bill....

• Wow
Reactions: 8
"Being a YouTuber, the report explained, has all but replaced the classic childhood fantasies of becoming a famous film or TV star. More people than ever desire the life of a YouTuber. But what is the life of a YouTuber?"

• Wow
Reactions: 3
No, because you made no reference to the ease of switching between Mummy/Maman/Mummy which was my point.
I think that as she went to a normal state school she would have soon stopped calling her Mother mummy or maman as the other kids would have teased her. However, I always called my Mother, Ma (because I like to be different) but from my mid to late teens.

Reactions: 3
I think that as she went to a normal state school she would have soon stopped calling her Mother mummy or maman as the other kids would have teased her. However, I always called my Mother, Ma (because I like to be different) but from my mid to late teens.
I think we could debate this one ad finitum! To be honest, I was just offering a linguistic alternative to the class debate. Jilly Cooper recalls overhearing her son telling a friend ‘Mummy says that “pardon” is a much worse word than “f**k”.’ He was quite right: to the uppers and upper-middles, using such an unmistakably lower-class term is worse than swearing. Here is a good class-test you can try: when talking to an English person, deliberately say something too quietly for them to hear you properly. A lower-middle or middle-middle person will say, ‘Pardon?’; an upper-middle will say ‘Sorry?’ (or perhaps ‘Sorry – what?’ or ‘What – sorry?’); but an upper-class and a working-class person will both just say, ‘What?’ The working-class person may drop the t – ‘Wha’?’ – but this will be the only difference. Some upper-working-class people with middle-class aspirations might say ‘pardon’, in a misguided attempt to sound ‘posh’.

• Haha
  • Wow

I do agree with you. The other thing is that every time some work is done, it is an English company. And that is something the locals DO NOT LIKE at all 😡👿 especially in the countryside (a Tattler had a word about that in the previous thread but I could not comment as it is shut).
The day she will have a problem of some sort and no foreign company is available, she will find no French artisan (rude gesture) or if she finds one it will cost her an arm and a leg :p:ROFLMAO: Fair enough.

• Haha
  • Heart
"Being a YouTuber, the report explained, has all but replaced the classic childhood fantasies of becoming a famous film or TV star. More people than ever desire the life of a YouTuber. But what is the life of a YouTuber?"

That was a really interesting article.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.