Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MsPitstop

VIP Member
In Dan's latest vlog from Paris, he said they'd been awake since 2am due to fire alarms waking the boys. In the comments, some dear said, "Maybe Stephanie and the gang can babysit next time while you two take a long extended second honeymoon... lol 😊 That would be a super fun vlog !!"
Someone replied: Ya, right. In my crystal ball I can really see Stephanie babysitting- not!

I wouldn't trust Stefanie to babysit a plant, let alone two toddlers! She'd make Diane Keaton's character in the film Baby Boom look like Super Nanny!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

NotAChatelaine

VIP Member
YouTube "suggested" I watch a channel called Rural France Journals. Seemed churlish not to (lockdown ennui).

It's in its infancy- 14'eps so fair, not quite 800 subscribers. All very gentle (but not totally dull). A rather intriguing South African chap who bought (2014) , unseen, a tiny house he found on the internet. It's a rather sweet 2 bedroomed house, built in 1937. In need of updating but nothing too dramatic. The chap - Leon - has obviously totally embraced and thrown himself into life in a small village in rural France...a bit south west of Limoges, think. Made loads of friends in the village, talks to everyone he encounters in the village, gets inviolved with village life and clearly feels it is home. From the little I've watched, it's all rather refreshing.

No begging bowls, no sob story, nothing other than enthusiasm about his move and how happy he is.

The reason for mentioning him is that in the intro to one of the eps I've watched he came out with a killer line in his intro to taking the viewers round his weeny house...delivered with a half-mile smile and raised eyebrow he said:

"Unlike the British vlog mafia [living] in France I do not live in a chateau..".

British vlog mafia is just so, so splendid a description that I simply had to give it s wider audience!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

Pno

VIP Member
That hasn't stopped her from trying to interfere before. With you, I hope it works out for him. I've seen too many go under though to share your optimism.

I don't think he needs encouraging in that department, as he's pretty good in grabbing anyway, or so it seems.

From the comment section on this page about the Villioti Fashion Institute comes this interesting quote:
Good day. I sent my child there last year, paid all the fees but until today she does not have a certificate or the clothes that she made. Your phone is no longer going through. Can you kindly assist as i am now suspecting that we were scammed.

Just looked at the website and some of the photos are from royalty free clip art. The whole ‘school’ seems to be a scam. Cannot believe that someone who graduated from Oxford can be this easily duped. And that Nic or Potty couldn’t have seen through this? Nic works in IT and Potty is a professional photographer. It’s their chateau too and now it’s associated with some shady characters. For gods sake Potty is from there.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member
The Château de la Fleur Fanée School of Scrounging

This exclusive school for aspiring scroungers will be opening this summer at Château de la Fleur Fanée. Students will be able to choose from a variety of tailor-made courses that will teach them how to become professional scroungers and launch them on the path to YT fame and fortune. Fees will vary depending on the number of courses followed and the period of training required to qualify as a professional scrounger. Students who show promise (they must have a YT channel with videos showing that they have some aptitude for scrounging, such as asking for Christmas presents in a large shato while keeping a straight face) but who can’t afford the fees may apply for a scholarship – applications must be submitted no later than the end of May. The selection process will take place in the ‘Grand Salon’ and the winning applications (only two a year) will be selected by the school’s staff: Itsnotbelle Jarvis, Scrounger Jarvis, the High Priestess of Greed, Fanny Fanée, ‘Cameltoe’ Philip, and the very gentle and softly spoken Selmar (‘He of the Woods’).

Student accommodation: students shall be accommodated in a series of small poky bedrooms (which haven’t been decorated for years) with ensuite shower facilities. Room service - provided by expert waiter ‘Cameltoe’ Philip - will be available for those who pay an extra fee.

Parking: students will be able to park their cars in the large courtyard, which looks like the entrance to a scrap metal yard.

Course modules:

Hairdressing and make-up – learn how to plaster so much make-up on your face that you become almost unrecognisable and bear a strong resemblance to a dummy in a shop window.

Elocution courses - learn how to speak like the Queen and mispronounce words. Learn to look, act, and behave like the Queen. This is especially important if you wish to attract Americans to your channel and want to make big bucks.

Editing – learn how to spend 70 hours a week knitting together bits of film to create a short vlog that’s so boring no one will want to watch it.

Filming – learn how to follow someone about with a phone all day and film them doing mundane things without laughing (because you’re thinking about the poor schmucks watching the tosh) and ruining the video. Learn how to film and navigate your way around a shato and outside while filming – how to avoid banging into furniture, street furniture, looking like a plonker, etc. Learn how to use a drone without getting it shot down because it’s strayed onto someone else’s property.

Asking for money - lessons in how to ask for money without actually asking for it (the fine art of dropping hints for advanced students). Learn how to master Patreon, GoFundMyLife, BuyMeaCar, Instagrab, and all the other wonderful sources of free tax-free dosh. Learn how to dodge tax -foreign accounts, setting up non-profit associations on false pretences.

Acting classes - how to put on airs and graces, how to look desperate when you’ve got tons of dosh in the bank and property in London.

Lessons on how to mispronounce simple words in French

Those who qualify will receive a special certificate in scrounging signed by Scrounger Jarvis, the High Priestess of Greed. Lectures from famous professional scroungers such as ‘Teabag’ Petherdick and Bodger Billy will be given in the conference room (the low-ceiling Grand Salon). There will be a gift shop containing cakes in the shape of the shato and life-size effigies of Scrounger Jarvis (from Madame Tussauds) complete with faux blonde hair and pushed-up boobs. Deluxe models will have a button on the left boob, which, when pressed, will play The Who’s ‘Eyesite to the Blind’. Students may apply to join the Shato Greed Sect or the Greed Cult, during which they may be required to worship an effigy of SJ at least once a week.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Dan doesn’t appear to be an expert at growing food. He strikes me as a mow & blow garden maintenance guy. Since they still haven’t figured out how they’ll water this summer, they really should mulch those beds.
Who in that Chat-Oh really knows what they're doing?

Dan is a cook turned grounds maintenance guy.
Marie is a waitress turned goddess of positivity, cook, and forager roadkill-florist Instagrammer.
Natita is....what was she before becoming Lalande hotelier?
Selmar is an amateur dancer, amateur woodworker, amateur vlogger.
Prince Philip is a theatre actor turned furniture upholsterer, table-setter, chauffer, and cameraman.

(The real professionals don't stay long, because they have lives to lead and real jobs to do.
Even Scotman has to go to make money so he can afford to pay for magnetic princess' holidays
.)

It seems that only Princess Stephanie and Queen Mother Isabelle know what they're doing, and quite good at it...grifting.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
The worst subject/scene transition from today's TCD vlog:

Ancient Poo
----------------------------------------------------------onto------------------------------------------------------------------Dana's falafel
septic 1 (2).png
falafel.png

falafel1.png
falafel2.png

I will never look at falafel the same way again! That's bad for a Jewish man! We love our falafels! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Green Fairy

VIP Member
I was surprised when Michael stated in a recent video that all he wanted was to buy a piece of land nearby and build a house on it. What? Didn't he get thousands from his patrons to renovate his dream Beatrix Potter cottage and live his Spode-inspired fantasy life? Someone on here, and I can't remember who, suggested an alternative narrative and I now think they were correct. The cottage belongs to Gwen and Billy, and always will. With a need for content and no money for renovations, Gwen and Billy 'gave' the cottage to Michael secure in the knowledge that his besotted granny following would provide the funds to do it up. So all the money poured in and Pa Petherick and Sean did 99.9% of the work to achieve a half finished cottage. I think the plan is that the cottage gets renovated with funds from Michael's patrons, and becomes one of the chateau's stand alone gites. Michael, who could quite easily live in one of the many attic bedrooms when he's not swanning off to Madrid, would receive a percentage of the rental of the cottage. Which he can then put towards buying his bit of land and building his house although personally, I think he's too lazy and lacking in skills to do that. So I suppose if it were to happen it would be Bodger Petherick and his trusty sidekick 'buy some of me copper mate" Sean. I think the whole endeavour has been thoroughly planned , and carried out meticulously, masterminded by Ma Petherick.

• Heart

MojoDublin

VIP Member
@lolander many thanks for the set up and new thread ....:m:m:m

@Viva La Loca excelled yourself lol

1613737148391.png
👏👏

5 - living at the HMN
5 - travelled from Holland
4 - travelled from Belgium
1 - travelled from London
3 - travelled within locality
? - travelled to party but kept off camera👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Haha

ggyahoo

Tealeaf is Cockney rhyming slang for thief so Sir Teabag's new moniker is rather apt. He certainly does seem to be hitting the self-destruct button, and sadly that seems to be a repeated action given his disclosures in past Q&As. He has admitted to getting obsessed about art, music, make-up, etc and then as soon as he hits a certain skill level with them he loses interest and drifts for a while. He said that his new passion was vlogging and he couldn't imagine doing anything else and he bought all the gear, then boom, less than a year later he just can't be assed. I don't think he gives a damn about his patrons and will just keep on spending until the funds run out. His new money has given him the swagger to come out of the closet, which is fine, but his Madrid antics come across as seedy, after him trading on an image of Beatrix Potter cottages and fluffy bunnies.

Reactions: 28

Lululime

VIP Member
MP is a self sabotager....give him a pot of gold and he’d drop it on his foot and break a toe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Cringe moment on CATC
Marie: (out loud) it's very see-through! (thought to self: why me?)

Nati: That's just what you like!

Selmar (Laughs out loud) (thought to self: poor girl!)

Philip (to self: Ohhh....I'll ask her later if I can have it if she doesn't want it)

neg.png

• Haha
  • Heart

Linus

VIP Member
Just saw Dan and Annalise's 3:46-minute vlog in Paris! No intention to derail.
I just want to commend the man for having grown so much in his vlogging skills in just over the last few months!
His cinematography is superb, and the quality of his videos has become far more superior to anything Princess Stephanie produces now.
Dan has obviously spent time improving his craft, learning and trying out new ideas and angles, unlike our beloved (be-loathed) LOTL who's stuck with the same thing--even with the assistance of cameraman-boy.

Here's another way Tattle Life will save your vlog, Stephanie: LEARN FROM DAN, GET SOME TIPS, NOT JUST IN GARDENING.

View attachment 446313
Gorgeous pic of Annalise, she's a beautiful woman.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
To be honest, he has licked that garden Into shape. The backbone of a garden is in the prep. Let's see where it leads this year.
Considering that Dan started there in May for one day a week, he has done an incredible job! What a shame that we don't see the same level of progress elsewhere in the Chateau.

• Heart

Linus

VIP Member
They're just babies. 🥺 Gosh that was heartbreaking. For $5000? Can they manage on that until graduation? Is it even worth it or is it a scammy fashion school? It's really too bad we are only about 60 people here, and not the powerhouse of gossip we're being accused of. A tattle GFM for all the kids who aren't picked for the scholarship would be awesome. Maybe Stephanie can throw another 30k in Vuyo's direction instead. Or sweet, shy Mmakhotso. This definitely had the opposite effect on me than what was intended.
Charity is not and should not be about creating a limited resource that those in need compete or are selected for (WTHeck?!). Its purpose is the complete opposite to scarcity.

Is this a one time thing? Does this fashion institute even have a scholarship program before this?

Using young people’s expectations to boost SJ's sense of kindness… I find the whole thing revolting.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
Dan in Paris. At one point in the vlog the boys are in a car with no car seats, only adult belts. At the end they are in car seats. Diff car?? Also who brings small kids to a city with lots of walking to be done without a buggy/pram/pushchair. Even if it's a buggy for one with a buggy board for the second to stand on.
More to the point WHY ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE TRAVELLING AROUND IN THE MIDST OF A GLOBAL PANDEMIC!!? There is absolutely no need or reason for travel at the moment.

• Heart
Poor Michael. He accidentally earned himself thousands of complaining old women with a dog as their profile picture. Give Becky back her five dollars.
It's interesting how you make light of the old lady's demand. She may not have given him just five dollars. Michael's Patreon account gives people the option to contribute an entire year instead of monthly. But, regardless of how much a patron gives, MPK has no right to spend it on luxury, expensive gifts to his boys, and lascivious living! He, Stephanie, and many other faux aristocrats are scoundrels who should be ashamed of themselves.

• Heart