The Chateau Diaries #183 Stephanie Jarvis will always be a charlatan, rather than a chatelaine, full stop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a question for the married ladies on here. How would you feel if your husband's unmarried female friend came to visit your new home and he gave her a bedroom and told her that she could decorate it in any way she wants?
None of my friend's wives would be that chuffed šŸ¤”

I know that currently Phillipa is her partner but that won't last long and she'll be prowling again.
No problem, if my unmarried male friend could also have a room. Though I probably would have other plans with him than decorating

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm just off the phone with my SIL and brother. We're pretty sure our place on Manasota Key is going to be hammered this time. I wish I hadn't wondered at the third catastrophe that might be headed my way - but I digress- I came here to see about @Jules100 at the Southernmost Chateau. How's the construction faring?
@Darling Life, the construction on my house is going very slowly. Right now the outside of the front of my house looks like my meth lab exploded. There is so much construction debris. Under normal circumstances it is hard to live with, but I was very worried about this hurricane turning it all into little neighborhood missiles before itā€™s track was figured out. Luckily, Iā€™m probably in one of the best spots in Florida right now. I feel so bad for everyone on the SW coast and even central Florida. Itā€™s a terrible, random roll of the dice and thereā€™s nothing you can do about it.

I hope things are going smoothly for you getting your house put back together.ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 32
but wouldn't they finish philip because he was receiver of the gift?
Give them time šŸ˜† Off-ing fanny is no easy job. And then dragging her down to the swamp unseen... What if someone sees them? Have to play it by ear.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Damn! You're right! I forgot to include Henri the Ghost! šŸ‘» Witness for the prosecution!
I also forgot Davy, but then on reflection, he's far too boring to include. I may reconsider his roll halfway through my manuscript and have him bumped off for being a witness to the murder. "Murder at the Chateau" will naturally be a best seller - a multi-layered mystery with much drama, finger pointing, intrigue and plot twists. I don't want to give away too many clues to the ending, but it could involve a disgruntled one-eyed hedgehog, a valuable roll of vintage pink toile, and a French postman with a bad back.

Thank you my darling C'est moi! šŸ˜Š I am, in my own small way, already a published author - academic tomes on ancient Egypt, and WW1 archaeological history. My agent will think I've lost the plot. šŸ¤£
AAAAAAAGGH! It was the faux Egyptologist whose fakery was discovered! Strangled with his recently shorn locks! And never discount the boring ones. The are devious in their simplicity. Little mister butter wouldnā€™t melt in his Playmobil!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
AAAAAAAGGH! It was the faux Egyptologist whose fakery was discovered! Strangled with his recently shorn locks! And never discount the boring ones. The are devious in their simplicity. Little mister butter wouldnā€™t melt in his Playmobil!
No no all wrong it was the loud mouth babbler from Ireeeeland BG who ministry robe of truth was faux and in a rage of pea green envy knocked her block off šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 10
OMG Have just seen the latest on hurricane Ian and I cannot conceive how devastating it is. My thoughts are with you all in Florida, may you have the strength to get through it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Struth! Don't tell me I forgot the fake Egyptologist too? He'd have the perfect motive! But is he clever enough to pull off the perfect murder? I think he's a weak suspect, but will make a good victim. Who else have I forgotten? The mousey little woman with the felt mice! The water colour artist who inadvertently draws the weapon hiding in plain sight and that could give the murderer away! The sewist who coverts the fabric stash? Her husband who coverts the Daddy's paintings? The dejected and rejected goat cheese man? I know... Dana! But what's her motive? The victim bans her from the chateau after everyone gets food poisoning?

Hmmmm... this is getting complicated!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Great title for a murder mystery though.

The haughty and greedy chatelaine of a half derelict French chateau is found dead, lying in a murky swamp, the sad remnants of the once vibrant lake she'd stupidly drained - her head stoved in. Was it an accident or murder? If murder, who is the culprit? A rival chateau who'd kill to be rid of the competition? Her co-owners who just want the witch gone so they can sell up and get the hell out! Is the murderer her gay Dutch toy boyfriend, more than half her age, who secretly coverts her riches, dress-up box and Givenchy secrƩtaire? His oily secret lover, sick of biding his time in Spain? Her Argentinian B&B manager who's bullying has led the chatelaine to threaten to terminate her working contract? The manager's lover, the carpenter and chatelaine's cousin who wants the chateau as his own and who will do anything for his Argentinian girlfriend? Was it the witch of a mother who, finally tiring of her sick daughter's machinations, decided enough was enough? The French Water Police who were blamed for her stupidity? A former volunteer who was starved into bedding the chatelaine? Was it the "horse-faced" former cook and faux florist? Who, after months away from the chateau has finally woken up to the nausiating love bombing of a false 'friend?' Was it the desperate American poster salesman superfan who finds himself ignored, even when he visits? The lesbian Bollinger loving friend who has, once again been ejected from the bedroom for not supplying a truck load of Champagne? The creepy chandelier supplier who hasn't been paid? Was it the tubby jolly English mate who, beer in hand, who has finally found out what's been said behind her back all this time? Was it the Dutch handyman, a former employee with a short fuse who's silly fae like girlfriend was mercilessly bullied by the manager? Could it have been the tree surgeon - is he a former jilted lover or just a bloke who liked to climb trees as a child and who never grew out of it. Perhaps it was the former gardener who, after securing the chatelaine's funding to buy his own chateau ruin, has had that funding withdrawn? Is the murderer the chateau insider who sought to keep her identity secret? Was it the token refugee who has discovered the French government subsidy, paid to the chatelaine in order to help the refugee survive, was spent on a trip to Venice? Maybe it was the current gardener who was laughed at when she complained about the destruction the peacocks wrought in the walled garden. Was it the cook? The cook who, oh no, finally snapped after finding yet another wet freaking sponge in the sink!

Everyone has a motive yet everyone has an alibi. The murderer could have been anyone - superfans who've woken up to the grift and want their money back, guests who have baulked at the cost of the meals and cheap boxed wine, the disgusting state of the dump and the lack of any progress on the restorations they've paid for, or the local mayor who's tired of deflecting complaints from local residents. Yes the murderer could have been anyone - including members of a certain online chat group who, sick of the wonton waste, lies and money grubbing, seek justice and recompense for all the tit everyone has had to put up with.

(Ā©ļø Iolair 2022). šŸ•¶ šŸ˜‰
You've left me wanting more! Omg you MUST write an entire series of cozy murder mysteries involving all the chateaus and the cast of characters. The possibilities are endless considering all those who have been wronged in the past and present.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
OMG Have just seen the latest on hurricane Ian and I cannot conceive how devastating it is. My thoughts are with you all in Florida, may you have the strength to get through it.
I don't think any of the people that stayed realize that they may be without power and water for months. They have 100 portable cells towers but phones don't work without charging. No water to wash up, flush toilets, no cooking keeping food cold. All the things we take for granted....after Hurricane Michael in Panama City this was the case

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Struth! Don't tell me I forgot the fake Egyptologist too? He'd have the perfect motive! But is he clever enough to pull off the perfect murder? I think he's a weak suspect, but will make a good victim. Who else have I forgotten? The mousey little woman with the felt mice! The water colour artist who inadvertently draws the weapon hiding in plain sight and that could give the murderer away! The sewist who coverts the fabric stash? Her husband who coverts the Daddy's paintings? The dejected and rejected goat cheese man? I know... Dana! But what's her motive? The victim bans her from the chateau after everyone gets food poisoning?

Donā€™t forget bubble girl her adoration of smugmug knows no limits, she would definitely want Fanny four flues out of the way, so that she could go back to singing duets with the love of her life.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Hmmm, I think Danaā€™s a better victim than suspect. Her falafels are criminal in and of themselves!

You've left me wanting more! Omg you MUST write an entire series of cozy murder mysteries involving all the chateaus and the cast of characters. The possibilities are endless considering all those who have been wronged in the past and present.
And certainly more entertaining than Ruthy Writerā€™s oeuvre!šŸ˜Ž

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Do they use those in the states, Iā€™ve never seen one over here.
Yes, we have top loaders too. They were more common up until a few years ago when HGTV pushed granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, and front-load washers on us. I hate mine.

• Wow
  • Heart

The ā€œvictimā€ faked her own death to get away from the tax man and secretly move to Venice with all the moneyā€¦ but who helped her?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Yes, we have top loaders too. They were more common up until a few years ago when HGTV pushed granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, and front-load washers on us. I hate mine.
Oh I donā€™t know, I get more satisfaction watching the washing go round than I do watching chateau diaries these days. Can I ask why you hate yours.

• Haha
Well it's been 23 days since @Isabelle6541 made contact with us. I think it's safe to say she was a figment of someone's crazy imagination. Now I'm curious to know - who made her up? It's quite a sadistic route to meander and someone who really enjoyed playing the long game.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.