The Chateau Diaries #181 I really don't have it in me to deal with more šŸ’šŸ’©

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was wondering about Gnatti. I'm trying to justify her being on the payroll because if the b&b is closed for 8 months, what's she doing?
Is it a visa requirement that she must be formally employed? It's the only logical answer. Funny how my mind wanders because now I'm wondering whether or not she could remain in France without a job and remain because she is the arnoire's mistress? Maybe I'm wrong but I just have a hunch. Don't hate on me lol!
Legally to stay in France you need a long stay visa but Iā€™m pretty sure all these people are flying under the radar. I donā€™t know her back story itā€™s possible she has dual citizenship? Just speculating, something Iā€™ve wondered about too

Reactions: 9
No wonder the heating does not take on any sense of urgency at HMN as with those shocking windows she would be heating the Berry Region of France as all the heat produced would escape.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I was wondering about Gnatti. I'm trying to justify her being on the payroll because if the b&b is closed for 8 months, what's she doing?
Is it a visa requirement that she must be formally employed? It's the only logical answer. Funny how my mind wanders because now I'm wondering whether or not she could remain in France without a job and remain because she is the arnoire's mistress? Maybe I'm wrong but I just have a hunch. Don't hate on me lol!
Natti has Italian heritage and, as a consequence, she holds an EU passport so thanks to this the visa requirement doesn't apply. No-one is really sure what she does the rest of the time when the B&B is closed. She doesn't cook, in fact famously hates to, but has been seen carting cleaning equipment about - no proof she actually uses any of it, just that she's been spotted holding the odd vacuum here and there. The rest is a bit of a mystery as she doesn't answer the phone, or respond to emails. She's also been known to 'manage' the volunteers by leaving chalkboard instructions on how to "broom" a kitchen, and sometimes she drives to the local shops to buy bread (don't ask about the bread šŸ¤£šŸ¤¢). My guess is that she's now embracing her new role LieLande's new executive dog walker.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Sky News OTT coverage, Showing the King, and Camilla climb the stairs orrff for a wee in Cardiff Castle, Thank God James the Body Guard closed the door behind them !

Brought his own pen to sign book in Catherdral this morning and shared with Camilla

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Congrats to the new VIPS! As it happens it is TGIFso party hardy tonight in the lounge! šŸ„‚šŸ„‚šŸ„‚šŸ¾šŸ¾šŸ¾
(Spellcheck suggested vipers for VIP. Rather like tartlet vipers. Sweet but deadly!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I donā€™t know if you watch Amanda and Lincoln, the American couple whose channel is Our French Chateau. In their latest vlog she was talking about not looking forward to repairing the wood of the windows which have woodworm and rot. In fact, she said she was going to put it offā€¦for a whole day. And almost immediately she shows herself filling and sanding the window frames after treating for woodworm. They didnā€™t know if itā€™s an active infestation but they treated it anyway. Itā€™s nice to see chateau owners get stuck in on their own projects and actually accomplish real renovation!

View attachment 1582390
I'm obsessed with window resto. Budo at French Farmhouse Diaries on YT is building new windows out of oak, they're masterpieces. And Daniel Kanter's adorable boyfriend, IG @ittybittybungalow, is restoring the windows of his new lake cottage at Silver Lake, NY. Lake cottage is a whole universe for Americans, and Silver Lake is a 19th c Methodist revival community as many are. Brad, I think his name is, is eloquent on the topic of restoring windows most people would think of as junk.
The kids are all right.

She has a European passport, dual citizenship Argentina/Italy. According to Stephanie responding to questions about Pavlina's, Nati's and Amaury's status.

Reactions: 9
Is there a health dept in France that inspects B and B kitchens? You would thunk if you serve to the public you would need a health certificate

Reactions: 13
Sky News OTT coverage, Showing the King, and Camilla climb the stairs orrff for a wee in Cardiff Castle, Thank God James the Body Guard closed the door behind them !

Brought his own pen to sign book in Catherdral this morning and shared with Camilla
Did he make Johnny the Bonnie carry it on a velvet pillow?

• Haha
I donā€™t know if you watch Amanda and Lincoln, the American couple whose channel is Our French Chateau. In their latest vlog she was talking about not looking forward to repairing the wood of the windows which have woodworm and rot. In fact, she said she was going to put it offā€¦for a whole day. And almost immediately she shows herself filling and sanding the window frames after treating for woodworm. They didnā€™t know if itā€™s an active infestation but they treated it anyway. Itā€™s nice to see chateau owners get stuck in on their own projects and actually accomplish real renovation!

View attachment 1582390
I have watched 1 episode and subscribed to their channel! before I headed out to my meeting, I had their playlist on, on my phone and left my phone in the drawer (locked) They have animals which are all rescues! that's massive credit and they work their arse off.
I find them charming! tonight when I make it home I'm going to binge-watch them! while I run their episodes on my tablet or phone too. They deserve far more subscribers.

• Heart
Is there a health dept in France that inspects B and B kitchens? You would thunk if you serve to the public you would need a health certificate
if sheā€™s only feeding private guests friends and family she wouldnā€™t need a permit or inspection I imagine if food is on offer to paying guests then they have strict laws about food and preparation I remember the peeps at the post office chĆ¢teau had to take courses in French to pass and get approval to run a restaurant

Reactions: 11
if sheā€™s only feeding private guests friends and family she wouldnā€™t need a permit or inspection I imagine if food is on offer to paying guests then they have strict laws about food and preparation I remember the peeps at the post office chĆ¢teau had to take courses in French to pass and get approval to run a restaurant
She is feeding the paying guests. She makes a point to say she is having dinner with them. Yuck is all I can say

• Sick
Reactions: 10
So you guys made me watch CDā€™s latest. Am I crazy in thinking Fanny had purchased a utility van for the chĆ¢teauā€™s use. If so why were they happy to use Chantalā€™s and Stephenā€™s van.
Chantal should have made the luncheon for the patrons. I thought that looked really good.

I'm obsessed with window resto. Budo at French Farmhouse Diaries on YT is building new windows out of oak, they're masterpieces. And Daniel Kanter's adorable boyfriend, IG @ittybittybungalow, is restoring the windows of his new lake cottage at Silver Lake, NY. Lake cottage is a whole universe for Americans, and Silver Lake is a 19th c Methodist revival community as many are. Brad, I think his name is, is eloquent on the topic of restoring windows most people would think of as junk.
The kids are all right.

She has a European passport, dual citizenship Argentina/Italy. According to Stephanie responding to questions about Pavlina's, Nati's and Amaury's status.
Budo has some amazing woodworking skills. It is amazing to see what he does.

She is feeding the paying guests. She makes a point to say she is having dinner with them. Yuck is all I can say
I thought it was said those guests have to pay extra for a dinner with Fanny. Perhaps I am mistaken?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So you guys made me watch CDā€™s latest. Am I crazy in thinking Fanny had purchased a utility van for the chĆ¢teauā€™s use. If so why were they happy to use Chantalā€™s and Stephenā€™s van.
Chantal should have made the luncheon for the patrons. I thought that looked really good.
Yes they bought one when they bought the other equipment from the Ian who was immigrating at least thatā€™s how I remember it

Reactions: 7
Iā€™m pretty sure sheā€™s dual citizenship with Italy giving her an EU passport.

The kids are all right.

And here I thought I was the last make do and mend restore not reno human on the planet! Gives me a little hope which I badly need today!

Yes they bought one when they bought the other equipment from the Ian who was immigrating at least thatā€™s how I remember it
That was Matt, he was returning to England I thought?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
It was Mat that was moving back to the UK. Fanny bought the mini tractor pelle and the dumper truck thingy from him. It was rumoured that she bought his red van too after one of our very own eagle eyed tartlets kept spotting it in the parking area on different CD vlogs. There was some mention of it needing something done to it to make it road worthy, probably a CT.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.