The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found a way if a patreon is interested. It will work for iPhone or iPad. I tested it and it does work. See the image for directions.

Silly Fanny for thinking we couldn't find a workaround. There are options out for us to record her patreon video.

Silly Fanny for saying, almost a year ago, she would switch platforms because the patreon videos were being posted elsewhere. A year? Really? Took me all of 5 minutes with my research apprentice, Google, to find a workaround. TBH - she didn't want to move it off YouTube because wouldn't she earn money for the number of views on YouTube even if there are no commercials.

Silly Fanny for not being able to multi-task. Her inability dumbfounds me and amazes me at the same time.
Multi-task? Stephanie is unable to mono-task.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I have watched pretty much all CD vlogs since the pandemic. Same for the Fleuries and Doing it Ourselves (although with the pace at which Michael puts videos out he is not hard to keep up with, I now hatewatch him more or less). I don't however watch Dan. I went searching for his "tell all" vlog after reading about it on Tattle but gave up in frustration not being able to find it on his channel (has he deleted it?). I knew he and Annalise broke up as it was mentioned in CD (no reason given, for obvious reason) and I knew Dan stayed and then left the chateau from the CD. With all this ,Tattlers were mentioning some big break down between Dan and Stephanie but I wasn't inferring this from the CD vlogs alone so clearly I am not as eagled eyed as many of you, hence my questions.

Amaury couldn't have come just for the panels alone. He moved his entire workshop there before he started being the chateau handyman and one of the few sensible people around regarding matters of maintenance and repairs. You don't move your entire life like that for one project. The comments in here suggested people knew more but couldn't find any details so assumed it was discussed in some previous threads.

Thanks for the reply.
I have now realised I can fast-track the threads by looking at the recap and most liked posts only so if anyone gets any likes on very old post you know why :D

Reactions: 2
An IG post popped up on my feed with 9 pics of Patreon days and a narrative saying what a wonderful day they all had bla blah..I managed to screen shot some of the comments but when I went back to get the images the posting had moved and I can't find it now. However one of the comments caught my attention re Patreon closing? Anyone throw any light on it?
dan does. or annelise, who managed it. he said in some past videos that they are closing and this is the last chanse to see videos that were not on his regular site.

Reactions: 5
That's a violent oh hell no from me. Too crowded, too stifling, too overwhelming and mixing animal prints with tartan? No, just no Madame No. You're right of course, Fanny would adore it, stupid cow. 🙄
You would absolutely hate my home😀
I do love how interiors evoke such strong emotions. What some may find overwhelming I find comforting. Most importantly to me though is the connection I feel to the past while here on this earth.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I found a way if a patreon is interested. It will work for iPhone or iPad. I tested it and it does work. See the image for directions.

Silly Fanny for thinking we couldn't find a workaround. There are options out for us to record her patreon video.

Silly Fanny for saying, almost a year ago, she would switch platforms because the patreon videos were being posted elsewhere. A year? Really? Took me all of 5 minutes with my research apprentice, Google, to find a workaround. TBH - she didn't want to move it off YouTube because wouldn't she earn money for the number of views on YouTube even if there are no commercials.

Silly Fanny for not being able to multi-task. Her inability dumbfounds me and amazes me at the same time.
The Dutch Scrubber/ Doofus at work again. Brand Killer.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am a tad confused because you have stated that you have been lurking for months!
Therefore, why do you keep asking questions when all the comments/answers are within past threads/the wiki and numerous vlogs, which are featured and readily available within the Wiki too?
That is what all current TL members have done in the past, me included, in order to bring ourselves up to speed. :)

It was actually rather enjoyable - apart from the "old" footage section where SJ/PJ were featured. Can't remember exactly where but around the halfway mark!
Can't watch DIY anymore it infuriates me generally. I do believe Fanny has just committed TV suicide. People used to like the pretty, down to earth woman although some what eccentric in her jeans, cooking, cleaning and having a go. She has started dressing like a matron for this episode (well generally since she got with the grubby pube) and this just came across as utterly grotesque and ill timed. A couple of entitled idiots making up something to do and quaffing Bolly on the terrace at the worlds most boring social gathering ever. The dancing and him putting on her shoe it was her swan song she will not be in the next series if there is one.

• Heart
  • Wow
Oh yes of course, you must be right. And how lucky it was that she happened to have them with her, seeing as they were caught on the hop so to speak. Otherwise she'd have brought along her Saudi diamonds, good earlobes or not ha ha
You know best then. I don't, and have no interest in Saudi diamonds.

Reactions: 2
Just watching her odious chats on Patron and she talks about being Paris with Dan a few weeks ago and being happy to watch people in expensive cars and we should all be happy when other people have things you don't. About the terrace at the end of July she had another builder come, he is coming to look at all the stairs and the capping stones of the moat but she is still making the old company finish the terrace. She says none of this will happen till next year because work takes so long. Then Mummy on hard sell of the chapel. Fanny says "Mummy I have to make videos and I can't get quotes on work too". Mummy says she wrote to 12 people about Chapel and only one person has come back and he has been back again and he will suggest things for future and quote and they can do the whole lot of the Chapel. She says that there is a lot of damp in Chapel coming from ground and need a French drain around the whole building to preserve it. They will also be grifting to find the cellars under the old part of the shitto. Ends saying they're driving back from Paris and will be home at 4am-poor Fanny. P.S a man asked her how you tube has changed her life--s he said Freedom he said what has provided that freedom (she knows it is wads of money) but Fanny said freedom to make her dreams come true. She will be buying a new sofa etc for the marquis salon she says she saves money buying Antiques in England. Oh and also she was meant to have her travel channel flogs out fortnightly but is sooooooo busy she just hasn't had the time
drainage channels around chappel? so they would have to dig out the jardin l'anglais

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Stephanie Jarvis and Co. went to Paris to celebrate Baby Jesus Jean's birthday. How many will travel to Egypt???

From left to right:
Stephanie Jarvis, Philip Janssen, Isabelle Jarvis, Percy Attfield, Oliver Strong, Natalia Oliveto, Daniel Preston, Dana Knaffo

Amaury Richmond will be left behind at Lalande. Someone has to work, feed the animals, water, look after the dogs.

View attachment 1579828
you realy think naty woul leave him home alone?

Pergola, fountain, day bed, fake books, chandeliers these items we know off. Calculations incoming filthy animals:

This shipments will take about 10m³ on the lorry (5 non stackable euro pallet places) this will cost €2500 for transport another €120 for export documentation.

The day bed is at reduced VAT of 5.5% no import duties.
The pergula + fountain if they are made in India 20% vat will be charged + 16.5% import duties :)))))
The fake books & chandeliers if they are older then 100 years and are considered a colactible there will be 5.5% vat charges.

There are no import duties from UK to France if the poduct is produced in the uk
If the product is 100 years old or considered pieces of art/antiques vat is 5.5% and they are exempt from import duties.

Edit: transportation has sky rocketed so I still stand corrected if the above guesstimate is still low.
fake books?

Reactions: 6
Can't watch DIY anymore it infuriates me generally. I do believe Fanny has just committed TV suicide. People used to like the pretty, down to earth woman although some what eccentric in her jeans, cooking, cleaning and having a go. She has started dressing like a matron for this episode (well generally since she got with the grubby pube) and this just came across as utterly grotesque and ill timed. A couple of entitled idiots making up something to do and quaffing Bolly on the terrace at the worlds most boring social gathering ever. The dancing and him putting on her shoe it was her swan song she will not be in the next series if there is one.
As much as I generally agree with you, I have to disagree with you on this occasion.
I agree with you regarding SJ and the HMN. Totally boring and 100% cringeworthy. If the production company had any sense, they would axe any kind of future coverage at the HMN. Especially in the light of recent TL communications with C4 on many, far reaching points of concern!
CDIY ongoing with the other "genuine" chateau owners and their integrity, absolutely generally a delight to watch.
BUT, in the longer term, Brits, buying French chateaux will ultimately have had its day and therefore not so interesting, no doubt about it. Well that is how I personally feel but if C4's viewing figures suggest otherwise, who am I question the facts/figures? ;)

Last edited:
  • Heart
At the end of today's vlog Maria did a great job mocking Philip's line from his tour,"this is original to the chateau" as she presented the tiny candlelabra!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Call me a pernickety witch all you like but this...... So LieLande

Quality workmanship as usual. Chunky uneven sealant over the splash back and the tiles aren't even plumb level. WTF is going on in this joint?

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 20.52.36.png

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 20.55.56.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Fanny and the crew having laugh with Tattle. Mention of weddings, Pubey serving at table and the candelabra being original to the Chateau. She gets paid $35,000 a month to come up with this clearing out and chicken watching shite. Flogs are just rinse and repeat (wish she would at least rinse her Emmaus polyester nightie I mean she has no problem with laundering the accounts) I am just not even finding this vaguely amusing anymore. A van to take 1/2 a car full of stuff to Emmaus. Please make it stop.

At the end of today's vlog Maria did a great job mocking Philip's line from his tour,"this is original to the chateau" as she presented the tiny candlelabra!
Call me a pernickety witch all you like but this...... So LieLande

Quality workmanship as usual. Chunky uneven sealant over the splash back and the tiles aren't even plumb level. WTF is going on in this joint?

View attachment 1581085

View attachment 1581095
They're not tiles it was very expensive marble

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
You would absolutely hate my home😀
I do love how interiors evoke such strong emotions. What some may find overwhelming I find comforting. Most importantly to me though is the connection I feel to the past while here on this earth.
You'd probably hate mine as well, or maybe not as our home has vast connections to the past. It's a house with attitude. I'm a minimalist who's moved in with a maximalist.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Isn't that what all of us working public do? Have our year planned out before us. Except we have to go home and cook, clean and look after a house and family. I think it must be difficult being a royal, but what a privilege life they lead, the best of everything, including healthcare, no worries anout paying the mortgage or heating the house. There are many positives, and tbh they don't know any different. A bit like Fanny, what work does she do exactly, yet she is often applauded for all her hard work. SJ, Try working a 12 hour shift in a mental health unit.
I’ve had days or full weeks of having to be somewhere every few hours, prepared, dressed up, on your best behavior, with people I couldn’t stand to be around. All day and all evening. Found myself drinking too much in the evening just to tolerate it all. I’d stay up way too late just to be alone at the end of the evening, or I’d throw caution to the wind and go carousing with random people. I fully hated every minute of it. I had to do this for years. Not every day, but probably at least 4 or five full weeks per year and many shorted spans of days. I found myself coping two ways. One, drinking too much. Two, putting all my time and effort into my clothes and appearance, because it was the only part of it I enjoyed. I could never do what Elizabeth did. I wouldn’t be able to keep my sanity, and I sure as hell wouldn’t be able to do it for 70 years. Even with a full staff.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Meanwhile I find her irritating. She has to leave before it's too late. She is talented but she might end like FRK if she doesn't start making plans for her future.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I've followed this guy for years now. He's very entertaining and uses tarot to discuss Harry and Harry's current wife.
I've had a listen and it does sound very likely but OMG when he says near the end Megs is planning to upstage the Queen at her funeral! Wow, you"d have to be seriously sick to want to do that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.