The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Many of the patrons preferred water over wine and from what I've seen I gather she saved at least half of the Ed & Anna wine for herself to enjoy. The white wine was indeed from boxes and the meat from the supermarket, where it was on sale. Your estimate on what she spend per person imho is way too high.
I have to assume they all drove on the day so of course many couldn't have alcohol!

Reactions: 7
@Iolair You've really been swotting up on the Royal family and the ranks - I thought you said your interest was with cadavers..😃
Nope, no swotting involved. 😆 Just talking to many higher ranking military mates who cannot talk about anything else right now. I work with them, so can't really avoid it. Some of their info seems a bit wonky though to me though, and I couldn't be bothered looking up all the snippets to confirm their veracity - for example, I know many of the military aspects, but don't really know which royal is which unless I'm told. They'll all go back to discussing the rugby, soccer and cricket soon enough. Happily cricket is a passion we share.

And btw, all my much loved, much admired and much honoured cadavers are military.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
WTF have I just watched on tv. Costume party at shittooville. So magical touching the history of the castle. A bunch of twats drinking on the rotten terrace.
Sorry to requote myself but this is just to add that all the other chateaux owners on the programme, which was filmed about 2 years ago are shown doing serious building work on their properties, that is apart from Fanny and Squirrel boy who are shown playing at dressing up. They really are dragging the depths for content with her, all I can conclude is that she must have given a really good performance to that channel 4 director in her boudoir for them to keep her in the programme.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Trying to come up with a name for the second account I’m sneaking in here using my VPN.
@MillyMudd?
@NarcsRUs?
@NousSommesIsabelle?
@YankeeSpanker?
@TheButlerDidIt?
@SeditiousRecipes?
@SnortyIsBogartingMyHRTTabs?
Yankeespanker

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm sure that same number of tables would've fit in the entrance hall, what a disgrace of a hostess to the people who are supporting your lifestyle and lies!

I'm confused, what season are they on in the UK?
S3, Ep 19 as of today.
CDIY is a totally separate show from the original Escape to the Chateau DIY. ❤

Reactions: 5
That was an afterthought that came to me but the question was not posed to anyone in particular... I'm not sure if there was a pic of Dan to prompt the question but that would make sense.
Amended info... It was Dans Instagram feed that popped up on my notifications, so therefore the question posed re Closing Patreon down was directed at him. I got there in the end.

Reactions: 9
Sorry to requote myself but this is just to add that all the other chateaux owners on the programme, which was filmed about 2 years ago are shown doing serious building work on their properties, that is apart from Fanny and Squirrel boy who are shown playing at dressing up. They really are dragging the depths for content with her, all I can conclude is that she must have given a really good performance to that channel 4 director in her boudoir for them to keep her in the programme.
I 100% agree with you.
After watching today's CDIY offering. Like you, I actually like all the owners featured and what they have been doing, they all appear very grounded and work incredibly hard to achieve their end goals. And, it appears that it is somewhat a current timeline too - who really knows?
That stained glass window was a really lovely addition at Belinda and Lee's place. Belinda is obviously the "voice of reason" within their relationship but she does it with respect AND, I used to love her cooking/tips etc simply because they always looked simple and delicious plus, being seasonal too.
The only fly in the ointment was obviously the HMN "out of date" clips. I personally feel that the production company were simply taking the piss out of SJ/PJ because they don't do the same with any other chateau owners, do they? Funny that! :rolleyes:
Well, maybe because the other chateau owners don't give them that opportunity as "dressing up" is not part of their "live, laugh and love" party time philosophy AND, they are obviously very responsible owners who - not entirely sure on this point - aren't scamming £000s out of Patrons either! I rest my case! ;)

Reactions: 12
They literally ate among rusty nails and chateau junk. No amount oh newly hemmed tablecloths will change the fact you're serving them in a dump, Stefeniiieeee! I'm hearing this was planned last minute (duuh), can anyone give me the deets behind this?
I am a tad confused because you have stated that you have been lurking for months!
Therefore, why do you keep asking questions when all the comments/answers are within past threads/the wiki and numerous vlogs, which are featured and readily available within the Wiki too?
That is what all current TL members have done in the past, me included, in order to bring ourselves up to speed. :)

I will watch later and see how puke inducing it s thanks XXXX
It was actually rather enjoyable - apart from the "old" footage section where SJ/PJ were featured. Can't remember exactly where but around the halfway mark!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Patreons! Does anybody have the know-how to lift the video onto Tattle? Tried copying the link? What about screenshotting the video screen so we can see what settings are available for us all to watch?

Reactions: 11
Patreons! Does anybody have the know-how to lift the video onto Tattle? Tried copying the link? What about screenshotting the video screen so we can see what settings are available for us all to watch?
I found a way if a patreon is interested. It will work for iPhone or iPad. I tested it and it does work. See the image for directions.

Silly Fanny for thinking we couldn't find a workaround. There are options out for us to record her patreon video.

Silly Fanny for saying, almost a year ago, she would switch platforms because the patreon videos were being posted elsewhere. A year? Really? Took me all of 5 minutes with my research apprentice, Google, to find a workaround. TBH - she didn't want to move it off YouTube because wouldn't she earn money for the number of views on YouTube even if there are no commercials.

Silly Fanny for not being able to multi-task. Her inability dumbfounds me and amazes me at the same time.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Just have to say that The Pethericks' latest vlog is really lovely - watching 3 generations working/playing together (with helpers) enjoying their latest E300 bargain for their Chateau. I am not a subscriber but, kudos and fair play to them as a family. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
SJ and PJs dress up like a pair of pre teens and dance. Am I right in thinking that they were supposed to be taking costumes from the landing wardrobe...across the courtyard and up a spiral staircase to a work in progress Narnia attic with a work in progress raised flooring and only two wardrobes....so filmed ages ago. Actually wouldn't it be embarrassing for SJ if she had broken up with PJ before this was broadcast as SJ and her Dutch boyfriend.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Another beautiful room to inspire our chatelaine! Ralph Lauren's country home Bedford, NY. I only post this for Fanny's benefit as I know she uses this forum to keep up with us. You're welcome, Fanny!
That's a violent oh hell no from me. Too crowded, too stifling, too overwhelming and mixing animal prints with tartan? No, just no Madame No. You're right of course, Fanny would adore it, stupid cow. 🙄

• Haha
I found a way if a patreon is interested. It will work for iPhone or iPad. I tested it and it does work. See the image for directions.

Silly Fanny for thinking we couldn't find a workaround. There are options out for us to record her patreon video.

Silly Fanny for saying, almost a year ago, she would switch platforms because the patreon videos were being posted elsewhere. A year? Really? Took me all of 5 minutes with my research apprentice, Google, to find a workaround. TBH - she didn't want to move it off YouTube because wouldn't she earn money for the number of views on YouTube even if there are no commercials.

Silly Fanny for not being able to multi-task. Her inability dumbfounds me and amazes me at the same time.
Great news @Ferris Wheel! There are so many expert, multi-talented individuals here.
Perhaps the advice SJ obviously recently received via Percy (the new Sheriff in Town) is a little out of date methinks?????
Well, he is over 80 and therefore things have moved on since his own hey days! But, fair play, bless him for trying to block Tattle Life. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
But imagine, were you at lieLande for Patreon Day, would you purchase one of his photos? Consider the cost - consider also that were you there, with your own camera, even with a phone camera you can probably capture a shot as equally comparable, if not better. Any amateur could. Take the shot, filter it through photoshop, fiddle with the lighting, contast and colour and you've saved yourself a great deal of money.
you did read reactions of patrons that were on PD?
how old is she, again?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.