The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do not even bother.

- SJ back problems came back -as they do once or twice a year.
- Marie had a whole bunch of beautiful flowers which ended up in not road kill style as arrangements for the chateau rooms, as we have seen by the lack of them in patron picnic tables.
- Dan suggested getting two gazebos to dodge the weather conditions. Maria suggested the wood storage room instead.
- An architect forbade the entrance to the chapel since the bricks could fall ten years from now or in the next half hour. SJ claimed patrons won't be coming inside (guess there are a few photos online already which prove the contrary.)
- Potts didn't miss his opportunity to sell his photography.
- PhiPhi messed up singing the tribute to the Queen while reading the lyrics on his phone...
How convenient was that architect eh! Does anyone believe the 'hard hat' story? Not me!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I am absolutely disgusted with both Fanny and Julie Montague's poor taste in using Her Majesty's death as fodder for their vlogs. Fanny would have been better served to keep her vlog as it was, and release a separate 1 minute vlog explaining the Queen's passing. Singing "God Save the Queen" AFTER her passing?!? Don't even get me started on The Bogan American Vicountess- it was more of a self-promotion. :mad:

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Fanny's back always goes out when there is work to do. When I have a sore back I can't climb stairs. She was up and down several.
Sarah made a lovely job of the hems of the table cloths, well done the mitred corners looked great.

A bit silly to sing God save the Queen, singing long live our gracious Queen when she is already dead doesn't sit right with me. Some other tribute would have been better, even just holding off the vlog for a day.
you dont sing this version of the anthem...when the queen has passed.....you should sing long live the king.. 🙄 .better was...not singing it at all...just made a nice tribute...maybe just a suitable picture of the late queen.. with a nice text..and not in the end..but before her vlog...she has no class...at all...btw they all dont have it..they even arent ashamed to recieve the patreons in that disgusting way..I can tell you...when we do a fundraiser..and.people pay money to come...they are recieved as i receive the King and Queen....

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Fanny's back always goes out when there is work to do. When I have a sore back I can't climb stairs. She was up and down several.
Sarah made a lovely job of the hems of the table cloths, well done the mitred corners looked great.

A bit silly to sing God save the Queen, singing long live our gracious Queen when she is already dead doesn't sit right with me. Some other tribute would have been better, even just holding off the vlog for a day.
Silly it wasn't. Sorry guys, but a few of you are incorrect. According to royal protocol, it is not the done thing to sing God Save the King until the new monarch Charles is officially crowned. Until that time, it remains "Queen." Under British law and despite having passed away, Elizabeth II is technically still Head of State and remains so until Charles in crowned. The official British national anthem is God Save the King, not Queen. Changing the lyrics to suit a female monarch takes a royal decree and has only happened twice. That decree is akin to an official palace announcement, which naturally, every one takes as given. Let's give Fanny this one, even if her efforts were wholly self serving and a deliberate ploy to make herself appear saddened and sincere.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Silly it wasn't. Sorry guys, but a few of you are incorrect. According to Royal protocol, it is not the done thing to sing God Save the King until the new monarch Charles is officially crowned. Until that time, it remains "Queen." Under British law abd despite having passed away, Elizabeth II is technically still Head of State and remains so until Charles in crowned. The official British national anthem is God Save the King, not Queen. Changing the lyrics to suit a female monarch takes a royal decree and has only happened twice. That decree is akin to an official palace announcement, which naturally, every one takes as given. Let's give Fanny this one, even if her efforts were wholly self serving and a deliberate ploy to make herself appear saddened and sincere.
Charles became king when his mother died...on the minute..he is proclaimed king in a few days...at St Jamespalace..but he is king from the moment his mother died...

• Heart
Reactions: 33
IAM trying to catch up and I’m on pg 16/20. I just realised that they’ve used the Tilda fabric for tablecloth 😫😤 on the long table. Sorry if it has already been said.
Yep, if you watch the latest, Fiona cut it all up and hemmed it into tablecloths... she was proud of her diagonal corners too... :( What a terrible waste of the most gorgeous quilting cotton, and all those table cloths they already have in the attic.. Shameful

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
At one point SJ called Steve, "Disney hero". Does she call her so called friends tattle nicknames? You would surely treat your 'friends' better... surely.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I managed to watch Fannies latest vlog...

Fanny is having backproblems again...they always seem to occure when work is involved...

Snort is driving 19 hours to get 54 bottles of la gorce wine....well when i need wine for an event i order it a few weeks in advance...they deliver it at our place...I wonder if he had to meet somebody along the way.. 🙄 At least she wanted us to know the patreons didnt get boxed wine...

That garage wasnt cleaned out...not even sweeped out...let alone get rid of the peacockshit on the beams and those old doors...the oil out of that rotten jag still on the floor...:eek: the state that garage is in....who dares to invite people there..the tents were too expensive offcourse...just get out some old dirty tables...put some cloth over it...some nasty chairs...and off we go...what an insult..

Sarah had to sew and iron the tablecloths the day before....🙄 oh my ...the planning is like everyting at lalande...a mess..

They didnt want to hire 90s porcelaine...no...a mismatch of old Emaus crap is more Lalande style...i hope they cleaned out those teapots..the thought of it alone makes me puke...yuk..

Andie and Potts had to make a few bucks...disgusting...how to rip out more money out of peoples pocket...And that dutch guy needed advertising for his wifes paintingauction on catawiki...you cant make it up...tasteless beyond meisure...

Our flowerkiller had a blast...a huge amount of flowers...which had probably cost a fortune these days..and for what?? she didnt make beautifull flowers for the tables?? just to put in the shittoo....probably to distract the attention of all the crappy renovations...

Those woodburners....one for her bedroom...the other in that pannelingroom....and one left for the rest....i guess still not a warm winter ahead..🙄

Why is potts in Bagheads cottage?? who has occupied his appartment...??

:eek:But the most disgusting part was the last....omg...if you cant make a decent tribute to The Queen....dont mention it at all...totally untastefull...no...everything has to turn around Fanny...or should i say...dressed in yellow....sunqueen Ludovica XIV...😨, bleh
I 100% agree with you on all accounts. I suspect Fanny put out her back while awkwardly dancing in the kitchen. She popped a painkiller, yet gleefully exclaimed upon Snorts' return from LaGorce that they would need to sample the wine. Alcohol and pain? That is sooo Lalande!

Suspect they forgot about the wine until last minute, and may have gotten a deal from the vinters at LaGorce (with the help of Anna and Edd, who don't actually own the vineyard) for publicity, as they were certain to show its label often.

That garage was a literal hot mess. They did not even remove the old doors- with a team, it could have been done in an hour. Even Dan had suggested renting a few gazebos, but oh no, Fanny wanted to keep it on the cheap. Hence, Maria had to come up with something last minute with random folding tables, and junk from storage. Do they not even own a leaf blower? They could have had those floors clean in a half hour.

Once again, hiring the 90s porcelain would have cost money. It would have taken a good day to properly clean those teapots, cups and saucers, so suspect it was not done. Yuck.

Andie and Potts- wow, what entrepreneurs they are. I guess they saw an opportunity to make a little bank on the side- had they given trinkets to the guests, perhaps some would have been more inclined to buy something. Meanwhile, Pavlina, who was probably embarrassed there was nothing to give the Patrons, concocted some sketchy herbal tea to gift the Patrons. Fanny would have been better served holding on to all of those teacups and saucers she donated a few months ago to Emmaus and put a cup and matching saucer in each bag. I also agree 100% with @Jules100 on the CLL lanyards- it would have made them feel a bit more appreciated.

Sarah was a champ- I don't care what anyone says, I like her. She saw something needed to be done (Fanny would have just put the raw fabric on the table), and hemmed tablecloths out of very dear fabric to her best ability without complaining. Shrek also stepped in to help peel potatoes and do heavy lifting. The fact they did not release a video today shows they have class.

I found the woodburners ironic, as Fanny stated Snorts and she would be snug this winter. I suppose the rest of the inhabitants of the Shitoo would be crowded around the sole one in the Marquis' Salon until that is rented out.

Potts' apartment was an odd one too- suspect it was let out for a small fortune. Patron Day isn't going to pay for itself!

The tribute to Her Majesty was abysmal.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
But when amongst friends, it's fun to feign shock and disgust when we see someone wearing white shoes after Labor day.
White isn’t bad, it’s apparently white shoes and purses lol. The shame.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yep, if you watch the latest, Fiona cut it all up and hemmed it into tablecloths... she was proud of her diagonal corners too... :( What a terrible waste of the most gorgeous quilting cotton, and all those table cloths they already have in the attic.. Shameful
Plus the terrible waste of high class fabrics seemed to be for naught as the photos only show one and other tables had unironed old tablecloths. Does mean the sewist was not a good table measurist?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Charles became king when his mother died...on the minute..he is proclaimed king in a few days...at St Jamespalace..but he is king from the moment his mother died...
Yes of course, but none of it is official under British law until he is proclaimed, then crowned. He is treated as a new monarch will be and addressed as such. But until his proclamation and coronation, he is king in name only.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
But look at their Facebook comments etc they are all delighted-and I am sure they will shell out more funds she will have played the real hardluck story and they will have found the lunch charming. That is what she does and they don't see how profligate and wasteful she is. We're sickened and they all lap it up.
We all at one time were charmed by her . Actually I am saddened after watching a earlier video. It’s a little like watching the Wizard of Oz and seeing the curtain to be pulled back on the wizard. It’s now ruind all of the flogs for me

I’ve had the queen my entire life so sorry for all of your loss may she be resting with the angels 🇺🇸

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Congratulations to our newest VIP @M&MsMom !!! I'll see you for drinks in the VIP Lounge! 🍺🥂🍸(I'd fly the jet to pick you up, but @MojoDublin :devilish: has banned me from flying it- something about my arms being too short to properly reach the controls. Stupid FAA rules.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I managed to watch Fannies latest vlog...

Fanny is having backproblems again...they always seem to occure when work is involved...

Snort is driving 19 hours to get 54 bottles of la gorce wine....well when i need wine for an event i order it a few weeks in advance...they deliver it at our place...I wonder if he had to meet somebody along the way.. 🙄 At least she wanted us to know the patreons didnt get boxed wine...

That garage wasnt cleaned out...not even sweeped out...let alone get rid of the peacockshit on the beams and those old doors...the oil out of that rotten jag still on the floor...:eek: the state that garage is in....who dares to invite people there..the tents were too expensive offcourse...just get out some old dirty tables...put some cloth over it...some nasty chairs...and off we go...what an insult..

Sarah had to sew and iron the tablecloths the day before....🙄 oh my ...the planning is like everyting at lalande...a mess..

They didnt want to hire 90s porcelaine...no...a mismatch of old Emaus crap is more Lalande style...i hope they cleaned out those teapots..the thought of it alone makes me puke...yuk..

Andie and Potts had to make a few bucks...disgusting...how to rip out more money out of peoples pocket...And that dutch guy needed advertising for his wifes paintingauction on catawiki...you cant make it up...tasteless beyond meisure...

Our flowerkiller had a blast...a huge amount of flowers...which had probably cost a fortune these days..and for what?? she didnt make beautifull flowers for the tables?? just to put in the shittoo....probably to distract the attention of all the crappy renovations...

Those woodburners....one for her bedroom...the other in that pannelingroom....and one left for the rest....i guess still not a warm winter ahead..🙄

Why is potts in Bagheads cottage?? who has occupied his appartment...??

:eek:But the most disgusting part was the last....omg...if you cant make a decent tribute to The Queen....dont mention it at all...totally untastefull...no...everything has to turn around Fanny...or should i say...dressed in yellow....sunqueen Ludovica XIV...😨, bleh
So agree with you Le Comte and as you famously say --- "You can't make it up!"
Trying to pull more money off people Andie and Potts! Shockers the two of them!
I would hate to add up the $$ for those flowers and what does she do - stick them in old wine bottles at the table and the better arrangements go into the old Farmhouse !
Yes......... one of those wood heaters are going to HER room!
Get the whole place heated - gosh you have the money honey!
Yes Le Comte..... you do not want to go there with the ending for the Queen. Lets face it ..... we had to see it as you would not believe it when someone told you about it!

* Question as I might have missed this.......was there an engagement after all or is that forgotten???

How convenient was that architect eh! Does anyone believe the 'hard hat' story? Not me!
Shame it was not the Accountant that "just turned up" Iolair !! ;)

Don't even get me started on The Bogan American Vicountess- it was more of a self-promotion. :mad:
So glad to see someone who dislikes her too...... thought it was only me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
So agree with you Le Comte and as you famously say --- "You can't make it up!"
Trying to pull more money off people Andie and Potts! Shockers the two of them!
I would hate to add up the $$ for those flowers and what does she do - stick them in old wine bottles at the table and the better arrangements go into the old Farmhouse !
Yes......... one of those wood heaters are going to HER room!
Get the whole place heated - gosh you have the money honey!
Yes Le Comte..... you do not want to go there with the ending for the Queen. Lets face it ..... we had to see it as you would not believe it when someone told you about it!

* Question as I might have missed this.......was there an engagement after all or is that forgotten???
Good evening Lovely @Pekey- you are spot on! I forgot to add my rant about FRK and the flowers as well. I found it ironic FRK had to literally find a place to make the bouquets (in the midst of a construction site), with Fanny fawning "Oh, it feels so right with you here! We miss you so much!" Such lovely lies. But, I will give FRK props as she was actually wearing a bra at dinner (which could be seen through her shirt.) Small miracles. The flowers on the tables did not at all match the lavish delivery shown with FRK- beautiful displays were made for the rooms, but for the luncheon tables and guests- it was scraggly looking ones in wine bottles (bottles were probably pulled out of the recycle bin from the previous evening.) I would have liked an Easter Egg from one of our Tattlers, though, who would have sneakily replaced one of the bottles with that of a spent Miller Lite. Well, there's always next year!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I 100% agree with you on all accounts. I suspect Fanny put out her back while awkwardly dancing in the kitchen. She popped a painkiller, yet gleefully exclaimed upon Snorts' return from LaGorce that they would need to sample the wine. Alcohol and pain? That is sooo Lalande!

Suspect they forgot about the wine until last minute, and may have gotten a deal from the vinters at LaGorce (with the help of Anna and Edd, who don't actually own the vineyard) for publicity, as they were certain to show its label often.

That garage was a literal hot mess. They did not even remove the old doors- with a team, it could have been done in an hour. Even Dan had suggested renting a few gazebos, but oh no, Fanny wanted to keep it on the cheap. Hence, Maria had to come up with something last minute with random folding tables, and junk from storage. Do they not even own a leaf blower? They could have had those floors clean in a half hour.

Once again, hiring the 90s porcelain would have cost money. It would have taken a good day to properly clean those teapots, cups and saucers, so suspect it was not done. Yuck.

Andie and Potts- wow, what entrepreneurs they are. I guess they saw an opportunity to make a little bank on the side- had they given trinkets to the guests, perhaps some would have been more inclined to buy something. Meanwhile, Pavlina, who was probably embarrassed there was nothing to give the Patrons, concocted some sketchy herbal tea to gift the Patrons. Fanny would have been better served holding on to all of those teacups and saucers she donated a few months ago to Emmaus and put a cup and matching saucer in each bag. I also agree 100% with @Jules100 on the CLL lanyards- it would have made them feel a bit more appreciated.

Sarah was a champ- I don't care what anyone says, I like her. She saw something needed to be done (Fanny would have just put the raw fabric on the table), and hemmed tablecloths out of very dear fabric to her best ability without complaining. Shrek also stepped in to help peel potatoes and do heavy lifting. The fact they did not release a video today shows they have class.

I found the woodburners ironic, as Fanny stated Snorts and she would be snug this winter. I suppose the rest of the inhabitants of the Shitoo would be crowded around the sole one in the Marquis' Salon until that is rented out.

Potts' apartment was an odd one too- suspect it was let out for a small fortune. Patron Day isn't going to pay for itself!

The tribute to Her Majesty was abysmal.
According to what I read , I believe it was in the patron video that was post none of the patrons were staying at the chateau, that they had to find there own accomodations.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I agree ..... Sarah hemmed the darn things!
Shrek did a lot of work for her too........ the Squirrel got in a car and flew off to the wine seller and I bet he had a look around the town and a coffee and cake as he did not want to come back early and help more!!!

As for "Shaggers Back" .... that witch did Nothing at all !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
So glad to see someone who dislikes her too...... thought it was only me.
I have never liked her. She is too crass and strikes me as a royal-chaser. I will give her credit where it is due- she does a great job at managing their estate, and has brought in much-needed revenue to maintain the upkeep (they are not as wealthy as one might think), but I find her incredibly annoying and without class.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.