The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thinking Britain almost disappeared when she was a girl, and the living memory of that terrible survival -- her survival -- will perhaps now fade away. She was one of the last veterans of World War II.
'The children won't go without me. I won't leave the King. And the King will never leave. ' Thus throughout the Second World War the Queen and her children shared the dangers and difficulties of the rest of the nation.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
In light of the passing of the Queen, the heartbreak that @The Simple Life endured and my own personal grief, Jarvis is a vaucous waste of space. Laters Tartlets too upset right now xxxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I honestly never expected to be this sad about the Queen’s passing but I am fighting back tears. I personally don’t see the point of a monarchy in the modern world but all of that aside….much respect to the Queen for a life lived in the service of others. For her seemingly genuine humility. For being a constant in our lives. I am sad not only for her passing but also because I don’t think we will see her equal and her loss will be felt. My heart goes out to the people of the United Kingdom and everyone who loved her.
I think the sadness comes from knowing that we are witnessing the end of an age. Everyone 70 and younger has always had Queen Elizabeth in the background of our lives and no matter what happened, she was always there. So, that constant is now at an end. It's going to be fascinating watching the psychological manipulation to get the world, not just the UK, accept the new monarch. I'm quite chuffed to have a king around tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
One of the gurus I read (I have two) says they're all still here with us, in a different plane of existence.
I think this may be true, ever since I dreamed my ex came to me and said, walking away, "I'm going home." Had never dreamed about him, not once, previously. Found out a couple of days later he'd died that night.
Biggest love.
Dear Billybudd, they are indeed. What you say is wonderful and so touching. Yes, home is where we all will go and come from, and we will reunite with our dear ones. I had many signs from my son, even incredible ones, that he was well and happy and will always be with us and guide us. Love never dies, death cannot break the bond of love that links the souls. I woul have so much to say about this subject, but I won't. Perhaps, one day, I will bring myself to write a book about it.

I've just known the Queen has died. It is the end of an era. Never liked the RF, but she was an exception. She was true to her duty till the end, perhaps not the best of mothers, who knows, but certainly a great queen for the country.
What she leaves behind is a mess of a family and of a country and a son who had to wait too long and perhaps is not fit to be a king.
We'll see.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes they have so many lovely tables or even a trestle table with a nice tablecloth and an assortment of tasty desserts ( easily obtainable in France lol ) as well as the sticky croquembouche hope no hairs got stuck in it 🤢
I felt she could have invested one month of patreon donations. Sadly she didn't. And I fear she will get away with it.

Reactions: 13
From a business perspective, Stephanie blew it big time! The whole event looked sad and cheap...not great advertising for bringing in new top tier patrons. She missed out on tons of content for YT, she could've easily, months in advance, engaged her audience with bits and pieces of what to expect. If she had put something together similar to this picture I'd be impressed, instead she showed us a true reflection of her inner self.
Exactly. And next video she will post about Phils bday and how the celebrate it in an epic way, hopefully not on Hawaï or somewhere else because I am just tired of it.

Even in her 90s, HMQ was still able to lead her people by example.
Thank you @Jeeves to point this out to us...The rainbow drawn by children, which Her Majesty pointed out in this video..as a sign of hope...appeared above Windsor Castle tonight..

I think its a difficult time for the Uk...and not only the Uk...the whole world has a huge challenge ahead.. Today a beacon of hope left us..its not only felt this way in the Uk ..King Charles has a difficult task to fill her footsteps...I read some comments inhere about Camilla...i met her a few times...I have to say i like her...but for all the people who dont like her...i want to say...the prospect for her.. being Queen consort is the most difficult task she is ever going to face...

I sometimes think the tradition we follow here in The Netherlands isnt such a bad thing...A monarchy who wants to keep relevant must be in the hands of a young generation..I dont think Charles will step aside...but it would be the best thing to do...to keep the monarchy relevant not only now..but for the future...I think a monarchy can be very usefull...when it keeps relevant en modern..I dont see it that way...with a monarch who is 73 and a queen consort who hates to be queen consort and all the things that come with it...there is a huge difference being Duchess of Cornwall or Queen consort...if she doesnt want to work hard...that is both of them...they will destroy the monarchy...They cant be King and Queen in name..and let the Cambridges do the work...

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Rest in peace. A chapter is closed, it's sad but I hope all will end well for UK
I too hope so …l I feel as if in the last few years we have lost our minds …… now we have lost our heart too 😔

Amongst the videos being shown is this one. A tattle favourite
I spotted this too & thought of the TattleFam ..but wasn’t quick enough to grab a screen shot like you

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you @Jeeves to point this out to us...The rainbow drawn by children, which Her Majesty pointed out in this video..as a sign of hope...appeared above Windsor Castle tonight..

I think its a difficult time for the Uk...and not only the Uk...the whole world has a huge challenge ahead.. Today a beacon of hope left us..its not only felt this way in the Uk ..King Charles has a difficult task to fill her footsteps...I read some comments inhere about Camilla...i met her a few times...I have to say i like her...but for all the people who dont like her...i want to say...the prospect for her.. being Queen consort is the most difficult task she is ever going to face...

I sometimes think the tradition we follow here in The Netherlands isnt such a bad thing...A monarchy who wants to keep relevant must be in the hands of a young generation..I dont think Charles will step aside...but it would be the best thing to do...to keep the monarchy relevant not only now..but for the future...I think a monarchy can be very usefull...when it keeps relevant en modern..I dont see it that way...with a monarch who is 73 and a queen consort who hates to be queen consort and all the things that come with it...there is a huge difference being Duchess of Cornwall or Queen consort...if she doesnt want to work hard...that is both of them...they will destroy the monarchy...They cant be King and Queen in name..and let the Cambridges do the work...
I completely agree with you. Camilla, now Queen Consort, has had an uphill battle but I do feel that she is a great support to her husband. and I don't believe that he will be able to reign without this kind of support. I didn't warm to Camilla so it is reassuring to hear about her from people who have actually met her as most of us have had to settle for forming opinions based on newspaper / media reports, gossip and rumour. Like you, I don't believe that the new King will step aside but hope that William and Catherine will be able to sustain HMQ's values and sense of duty as they take an increasing responsibility during this period of transition. I welcome the fact William will now become the new Prince of Wales and feel sure that he will continue to be warmly welcomed here, along with Catherine as Princess of Wales.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Have just rewatched that Patreon video where Fanny was so excited to give details of the bit of a do they were planning.
Well those pesky caterers and marquee hire companies are obviously as unreliable as all the other French artisans and professionals in the area.
So yet more bad luck for Fanny with no marquee or food arriving when she had specifically thought about ordering them for at least ten seconds, but that was before her daily wine consumption and the reality of the cost (which would have given mummy dear apoplexy just to think about it) knocked these plans out the window.
Tables and chairs can be hired from the local Mairie. Same in every town and village in France.

Reactions: 15
1662664701066.png

A faint rainbow is seen over a more vivid one outside of Buckingham Palace Thursday.
LEON NEAL VIA GETTY IMAGES

Apparently, shortly before Queen Elizabeth's death was announced, a double rainbow appeared over Buckingham Palace.

My heartfelt condolences go out to all of you have lost your beloved Queen. Though I am American, I believe the world has lost a truly great woman and it is a profound loss felt by all of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I was just looking for the Paddington bear sketch with the queen when I saw these 2 announcements. One respectful the other not, guess which one came from fanny
Can't stomach her tonight she really doesn't have any sensibilities does she.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I completely agree with you. Camilla, now Queen Consort, has had an uphill battle but I do feel that she is a great support to her husband. and I don't believe that he would be able to reign without this kind of support. Like you, I don't believe that the new King will step aside but hope that William and Catherine will be able to sustain HMQ's values and sense of duty as they take an increasing responsibility during this period of transition. I welcome the fact William will now become the new Prince of Wales and feel sure that he will continue to be warmly welcomed here, along with Catherine as Princess of Wales.
I like Camilla the Queen Consort. She looks like a good sort and had played her part well through a very very tricky time. Now that Catherine will be Princess of Wales it 5will irritate the hell outta one Meghan Markle. Good.
I wonder how long before she flies back to the US? She won't be wanted by the family and if there is a prolonged separation between her and Harry then she loses control. He'll have to choose between his family and her. Interesting.
Watch SJ try and monetise the Queen's death by producing a quick video. Patreon to get an indepth video later... 😁

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.