The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing is, she had every chance to impress and it looks like she failed. Patrons want bang for their buck and this wasn't it. She chose to be miserly for a reason, and the only reason could be would have been to impress upon her guests her need for more funds. Sickening really.
But look at their Facebook comments etc they are all delighted-and I am sure they will shell out more funds she will have played the real hardluck story and they will have found the lunch charming. That is what she does and they don't see how profligate and wasteful she is. We're sickened and they all lap it up.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Whilst we are waiting for more Patron Days info to trickle in, here are some very recent pics from Chloe’s (I like her) insta.

What is that metal canister on the ground? Is it a European door stopper or just junk on the floor acting like a door stopper?
B761229D-389D-4DC5-92CF-197396E3F003.jpeg

73B6D60C-2F0E-4013-865C-CBC095818095.jpeg

What are those little squares spread out on the glass shelf? Individual wet wipes because of no running water or condoms?
808174BB-2998-40F6-8D7C-96B1E173E64F.jpeg

6633772D-69E7-4B16-AE8B-AB9EE6DB19D5.jpeg
0819ED55-1F94-4273-978F-CEC606C83DFD.jpeg

Remember the toilet duck? Now he’s a design feature.
35AEFAB2-78CE-4B0B-BCAE-4D070E8E60D2.jpeg

What’s in the can on the floor on the far side of the toilet?
7FEB7EF5-FC8E-4089-BBCC-475D43555223.jpeg
C23D9A1F-C1AA-4B12-8EAA-E1015422BE07.jpeg

Dan’s dangling pantry wires. I don’t think this is a good place to hang onions or anything else because no one can reach the items in the very back above the refrigerators and of course no one will clean anything that falls on top of them.
AC2A36B6-47E5-4FC6-B6EF-DB24EBD7F6EA.jpeg

We usually gripe about the grime by this kitchen cabinet’s door handles, but look at the nasty floor below it. Gross.
76EBC70D-4DEA-45C6-9240-8BD8CCADDACC.jpeg

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
When I have a party I put a vintage Pepsi vending machine on the patio and fill it with long neck beers. Some of which may or may not be Miller Light. That’s my level of dedication. Shrimp my husband caught, hand pulled pork cooked in the pit for hours, cushioned patio furniture and nibbles and drinks in every main room of the house. If you make it to 3 am the moonshine comes out of the garage fridge.
Right I'm coming to yours and I can always make it to 3am even if tequila is involved XXXX

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
@Madame de Pompanddoodoo Thank you, for all the patron day photos thus far ❤

So the bride wore white, but no sign of the bride 2 groom… 🤔
The Argentinian bully, also in white, as maid of honour…
FRK, also in white…as, well…the flower girl…
Mummy also wore white…
Uncle Steve walked Fanny down the aisle… Percy declined as he didn’t want to be anywhere near PhiPhi…
Kat, also in white… as best man girl…
Below stairs slaves staff Marie and Dan wore black…
At least a quarter of the people there are associated with the shitoo anyway! Wonder how many actual patreons there 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 22
When I have a party I put a vintage Pepsi vending machine on the patio and fill it with long neck beers. Some of which may or may not be Miller Light. That’s my level of dedication. Shrimp my husband caught, hand pulled pork cooked in the pit for hours, cushioned patio furniture and nibbles and drinks in every main room of the house. If you make it to 3 am the moonshine comes out of the garage fridge.
That is exactly how I used to throw my parties too.
Plus, lots of coffee and bacon sandwiches at 6am too for those who actually made it through the night! Great memories. :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The flower/weed/flora-from-the-underworld arrangements are a big FU to all her patrons. Surely, she had the means to do better,
and yet she went with this 👇

fail.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Nice if they are going for a farmhouse look but this is a chateau remember!!!
But Tattle Life always calls her shittoo a farmhouse 😇
Farmhouse look would be hay bales to sit on and beer garden benches and tables, some pitchforks for decoration

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Gawd almighty...I know some people have a lot to say but can you just give it a rest...post after post after post. I'm using the ignore button now. Desperate to get to that VIP status.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Whilst we are waiting for more Patron Days info to trickle in, here are some very recent pics from Chloe’s (I like her) insta.

What is that metal canister on the ground? Is it a European door stopper or just junk on the floor acting like a door stopper?
View attachment 1561952
View attachment 1561953

What are those little squares spread out on the glass shelf? Individual wet wipes because of no running water or condoms?
View attachment 1561956
View attachment 1561966View attachment 1561957

Remember the toilet duck? Now he’s a design feature.
View attachment 1561958

What’s in the can on the floor on the far side of the toilet?
View attachment 1561960View attachment 1561961

Dan’s dangling pantry wires. I don’t think this is a good place to hang onions or anything else because no one can reach the items in the very back above the refrigerators and of course no one will clean anything that falls on top of them.
View attachment 1561963

We usually gripe about the grime by this kitchen cabinet’s door handles, but look at the nasty floor below it. Gross.
View attachment 1561964
The floor by the cupboard is rancid and from your pics maybe the metal thing is a water bowl for indoor rodents ha ha. To run a B and B everything needs to be to code those electrics in the onion torture chamber have not been signed off for sure

Gawd almighty...I know some people have a lot to say but can you just give it a rest...post after post after post. I'm using the ignore button now. Desperate to get to that VIP status.
No just chatting, but you can definitely scroll on post Police !!!

• Haha
It is Fanny all over-she spends £2k on an Erdem dress for herself but can't even put linen napkins on the table for the people who inadvertently paid for the dress, but she will get away with it and they will think she has been gracious to allow them in. I hate that she is frugal with others but smothers herself with largesse it is a terrible quality. She does not have a generous spirit and inwardly she will begrudge having to do this at all. The blue rinse brigade bore her, she looks on them with disdain and will be laughing at them when they leave. She is the type of person who would order the most expensive thing on the menu when someone else is paying (even if she doesn't like it) but if she is paying would just have a starter. She is the sort of person who if she was splitting the bill would count to the penny what she has had. She is everything I dislike. I put more effort into a casual family BBQ a few weeks ago, lovely ironed cloth, lots of flowers in various heights but so people could see over them, lots of candles, linen napkins and lots and lots of food and a choice of puds and way too much wine
Stephanie Jarvis' own words. 👇

SJ cutting corners.png

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Jep, done
🎆

Thank you all very much. Never thought, I would become VIP in less than two years (22 days left) 🤪
Thinking you are Swiss? The fish shack celebrates with perch, Wisconsin fish-fry style. Swiss style absinthe, fruit beer, sausages and yummy zwetschgenschober FTW.

Red Grapefruit and Absinthe Cocktail
Appenzeller Bschorle Fruit Beer
Miller Lite
Grandmama's Receipt

Grilled Cervelat Sausages
Wisconsin Fish Fry Beer-battered Perch
Coleslaw
Buttered Rye Bread
Plums Baked in Semolina Custard

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Unless you're President of the US or a £100m International Business I've never, ever heard of a lawyer attending a gathering on these terms. Certainly not in a professional capacity. It would breach our code of conduct.
You are absolutely right! If I recall correctly, Isabelle said that the attorney was also a patron so my guess is that the attorney was there on her own personal mission and not necessarily there as a "group" mission, although her knowledge of law is important.

Regarding the food - I don't even know what to say. I can't decide if they catered it or if they made it themselves. It all looks like grocery store stuff. Roma tomatoes with cheese, that I'm assuming is mozzarella, but is square? Around here, the only "square" mozzarella you get is the processed Kraft Cracker Barrel sort! And then that delicate little splash of balsamic! The ham looked weird to me and, of course, was set on scraggly pieces of lettuce. That tart thing looks like something I buy from Trader Joes - frozen. I can't remember what it's called, but it has a French name that begins with a "P" - buttery pastry, ham and cheese filling. With a salad, it feeds my husband and I for two days' worth of light dinners and costs a whopping $4.99. That croquembouche looked dreadful! Not authentic looking at all and looked amateurish. Sort of like "in the style of croquembouche"! I feel like Maria may have made it, not that she's amateurish, but a real one is a whole lot of time and effort - I made one many moons ago and said "never again".......lots of hot sugar to dip each puff in, a few burns to my hands and arms, a couple of batches of pate au choux (I'm an expert on that now and make gougeres on the regular in my house!) and then the spun sugar....what a mess! It was fun, but as I said...NEVER AGAIN!

I am sort of speechless at the whole thing. Having seen a couple of other chateaus do a Patron Day, where everyone looked joyous and happy, makes this one seem, I don't know the word - odd? Who are the lucky patrons that get to sit at the rectangular tables without a CLL character watching their every move and conversing with them? Are those the lower tier? If so, that's pretty crappy. Why aren't people allowed to mill around with each other and get to know each other and share their love of all things CLL? As someone above said - CONTROLLED.

I hope these patrons enjoyed themselves. I'd find better ways to spend my money, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think the grift will stop in a number of ways: 1) run its course people move on get bored CH4 cancel Chateau DIY 2) Fanny cuts and runs onto something else 3) huge media expose that actually proves she has mis spent the money and been dishonest in some way 4) the whole Chateauverse gets shown to be a major con and is exposed by the media
From the average age of the patrons represented, I'd say it will stop because they will all be dead in a few years if not before. Some pretty unhealthy looking people from the photos shared.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I’m a little uptight about that rule but I’m very old school …back in the day you would raise eyebrows if you wore white after Labor Day! (I am from the south of the USA) Now it’s whatever goes… whatever you want to wear it doesn’t matter.
Also, not to focus on looks but… those two ladies in the picture oh my God.. they looked like Mrs. Bucket 1 and Mrs. Bucket 2! And the blue purse …wow I could see her knocking you out with it …fighting you for the last piece of cheese on the tray.
I like to think she’s one of our spies and has designs of Ardmore destruction with it!🥸

• Haha
The floor by the cupboard is rancid and from your pics maybe the metal thing is a water bowl for indoor rodents ha ha. To run a B and B everything needs to be to code those electrics in the onion torture chamber have not been signed off for sure

No just chatting, but you can definitely scroll on post Police !!!
Not aimed at you. I know we're not allowed to police what people post. I scroll on if I don't agree (well most of the time I'm not an 😇). I try to post when I think I've found an interesting bit of info/photo etc & try to stop myself from commenting on everything as think it slows the thread. I have used the ignore option twice - one for someone I found offensive & the other who just basically was parroting what had already gone before & it irked me. Sometimes I guess I prefer quality over quantity.
And it was 100% not aimed at you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
The flower/weed/flora-from-the-underworld arrangements are a big FU to all her patrons. Surely, she had the means to do better,
and yet she went with this 👇

View attachment 1561989
This picture shows the lack of effort more than any other so far. All that crap lining the walls, weeds as centerpieces, mismatched wrinkled table coverings looks like it was put together in 10 minutes. Sad. But, I guess her followers feel special just because they were allowed to come there to the shed to rub elbows with her highness and her special family and friends. Maybe they had a donation box place by the door to cover all the costs of this big event. 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I hate to think of how cold it was in Derek's nursing home, and how little the paying guests had to eat.
It will have had old draughty windows…. Carpet on the floors or wipe clean? It was a school previously let us not forget.
I’m trying hard to follow up the leads from the local historian I contacted. Unfortunately the local newspaper for that time is not yet digitised

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.