The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. I thought that she looked so extraordinarily frail when she did actually appear during her recent 70th Jubilee.
A true woman of life-long substance and dedication without a shadow of a doubt.
My thoughts and prayers are with her and the family.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I hate this about the media... the intensity and speculation during a tragic situation. Yet, we watch and wait for updates. I think we have been numbed to other people's grief and misfortune because there is SO MUCH OF IT broadcast, day in and day out. Some days, I don't feel proud to be human. I was watching a program on the History channel to do with the Roman Colosseum--what horror people inflicted on other people (throughout history)! And we still do this today (well, it's a minority--I gotta believe the majority wouldn't cause suffering and death to others). And now, this family is coming together to be with a much-loved monarch/mother/grandmother who is not well, and we have news stations suspending all broadcasting for what... a death watch? These reporters are digging up anything and everything to fill the airspace while we wait for her to die? It's quite disturbing. Best wishes to the Queen and her family. I hope she rallies.

Reactions: 21
Well a trip to buntings has been added to my Australian itinerary.

Reactions: 14
Congrats @M&MsMom on your VIP!!!!

Reactions: 18
I think it is similar to this one I have to stop my back door slamming shut. Either Aldi or Lidl special.

Attachments

Reactions: 14
It is the BBC - the national public service broadcaster. They will have been given information that these probably at the Queen's last hours. They have suspended normal broadcasting which is shown as a sign of respect - not ghoulishness. Briefly looking at the output from the BBC it is sombre & respectful. The reporters are not digging up anything and everything - there is a montage tape already made by all major broadcasters which is updated regularly so that should this day arrive they are prepared to put out a story of her life & reign.
What will be happening now is that everyone will being put on standby for a royal funeral, what the protocol is for the broadcasting in the days after an announcement is made. It is hardly unexpected that a 96 year old woman may pass away.

Reactions: 21
Ah, well that fills us in...

Reactions: 10
After midnight here and just about to go to bed .

Prayers for the Queen...... the Most Hardest working person in the World.
How she has done it day in and out is just incredible !!
I hope she is resting well with all the family members she likes around her.

Reactions: 17
My Son works as a part time bouncer/security alongside his main job.
He has just received a message asking if he would be available for security at Windsor and the funeral. He would also need to be available for the dress rehearsal. Apparently the funeral would be 7 days after her death so he would be needed for 12 days. Can you imagine what else is already happening behind the scenes now.

Reactions: 37
Oh please a donut! I love donuts! I won’t be able to look at them again without seeing BJJ. Yuck! On a positive note there may be a silver lining I shouldn’t eat doughnuts!

Reactions: 8
I'd be interested in what you think would have been an appropriate presentation business-wise. The sad and cheap is overwhelming, down to the ho-made gift boxes, anonymous sticky back name tags, and the stool Amaury the Waiter, in his tank top, with his armpit hair waving in the breeze, placed the croquembouche on. Again, you could not have made more tragic, monstrously disrespectful, clown-like choices, all shouting defund me, if you were trying to. And for the gaga, at least, she does it with impunity.
Forgive me, but this is the tiny version of the clown-like Trump having nuclear secrets unlocked at Mar A Lago. It's apocalypse in a teacup, absolute lawlessness.

Reactions: 13
Thank you so much for your kind empathy. Yes, mine is a horrific story and I could only find the strength to go on for the sake of my other two daughters, who needed me. In fact I always say that I owe them my life. My son's departure was what finally opened my eyes and after that a new path began for me. I funded an association to help other parents who had lost their children this way and to inform parents, teachers, caregivers, peers, about this issue and how to find a way to prevent it.
That helped me very much and, with the help of psychologists and psychiatrists who joined the association, we did a lot of work.
Then I came to know about malignant narcissism and read and studied the subject extensively and I understood everything. Many of the books seemd a stunning accurate description of my mother. It was liberating. I wasn't imagining it had nothing to do with me!
She destoroyed my life, my father's and sisters's life, her own original family. A carnage. And the terrible thing was that very few saw her as who she really was. My father was a very renowed man at international level for his activity and ours was a high upper-class family, so people couldn't believe she would be such a monster. You know, "things like these can't happen in our circle". She was a master in smoke and mirrors.
Now that she's dead the truth is coming to light, and, anyway, I'm writing a book about her.
She makes a wonderful literary subject.
Although according to my age I coulkd be classified as an old lady, I'm not, neither in my mind and brain nor in my physical energy. I have achieved so many things in my life, and still have a lot to do and I have still so many projects to realize.
My life has been and is full, while hers has been full of greed, lies and hatred. She accumulated a lot of money, a good part of which was my inheritance. But what was the use if you live like that?

Some Tattler said before (sorry if I can't recall who it was) that almost everybody came here because of some past issues with narcs in their lives. And I think is true. People like us, who have been scorched by their poison, and have survived, can recongnize immediately another narc. As they are always boringly the same and so repetitive in their behaviour. But they can indeed be very dangerous and need to be stopped.

Reactions: 36
I am certain that you and he consider that such an honour. I certainly would.
It is, of course, inevitable for everyone on this earth but at the same time, so exceptionally sad to contemplate HRH.
As I assume most Commonwealth members here have, I have been an Elizabethan my entire life.

Reactions: 13
To be frank, she's had a fantastic life, and a very long one. To check out now wouldn't be so terrible, the world has gone to shit and it's not going to get any better, she's lived the best of it, best of times... I really would love for her to become the longest reigning Monarch, she's so close, but whatever will be...

Reactions: 20
Well, I don't normally check BBC, but I just did and agree that it is sombre and respectful, but they are just repeating themselves (who's arrived, who's expected to show up, a gate opening, a guard standing watch, a helicopter landing...) and one man just said, "We are in a position to, quite frankly, to just having to wait patiently." That's what I meant about "digging up anything and everything" --they are filling air time, waiting. They are speaking now about the jubilee, holding the monarch together, comparing her reign to others, Charles' impossible task as the next monarch--trying to fill her shoes, etc... I know she is very much loved, and people are concerned; I personally just don't care for a blow-by-blow "death watch." It's my opinion, which may not be shared by others, (and that's fine--we don't all have to agree).

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.