The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Brenda’s Original Post

What are the most important things in life?
To be healthy, happy & kind would be a fairly good trio of assets to start with.
I am always saying, do things that make you happy. For some of us that might be, reading, cooking, supporting a football team or maybe even scaling very tall buildings half naked!! to name a few. Not all of us will enjoy those topics & will shudder at the thought of having to endure them....but then of course we are blessed with choice, the ability to choose to do what we want.
Most members here have a few common threads, the love of all things French, Chateaux with a special emphasis on Chateau de Lalande. Without a doubt there are many members of society who would cry at the thought of having to endure our chosen topics, just as I would struggle to play a game of bingo, attend a football match or go for a cycle. However, I couldn't see myself going onto a social platform to scandalise & ridicule the people who do, nor would I get on a soap box about the way the football clubs etc are managed, how they attract members or indeed what profit they make off them. Again we have a choice, watch the game in the local pub, watch the game at home using a streaming service, watch the game live @ stadium or buy the latest jersey & watch the game @ the stadium. All these choices come with a price tag, as with any hobby.
It is much the same for us, we can watch The Chateau Diaries on You Tube plus we have the added bonus to become patrons...that is our choice, it won't be everyone's choice for different reasons.
However, if you get enjoyment out of being a Patron & it makes you happy...that is all that counts.Embrace it & participate. You only have to justify your choices to yourself & your God, no one else.
Since records began there have always been people who enjoy judging others....it is their hobby, one that has increased in popularity with the internet. We will never change it, just as we can't change the stripes on a zebra. Is it right or is it wrong, is it jealousy is it this or that.....I don't think we should beat ourselves up about it. If it makes them happy...let them batter on
We too will batter on, continuing to enjoy what makes us happy.
Life is too short to spend it getting our knickers in a twist over what someone else thinks....especially strangers.....

Response from Neil
Well said! I made a long comment about patrons complaining about the fact that they didn’t see what they paid for.
In the nicest of terms I explained they had misunderstood the terms of being a patron. They didn’t determine what was shown, the content was determined by Stephanie or the other YOuTuber putting out the vlogs. To think that you are a patron and as a result can determine and drive the content is completely the opposite to what being a patron is.
I’m a lowly patron but the disgusting comments I’ve seen have made me really despise the way they think their money they’ve freely donated should drive the content and the restoration of the chateaux. It doesn’t, never did, never will. To think that your donation will drive content shows that you have completely misunderstood what being a patron means both now and historically.
Da Vinci was patroned by the Medici yet they never told him how to paint, they gave him a subject and he painted it in his own way.
Patrons donate freely and that should allow the chatelaine to use the money for the necessary work or restoration needed. To demand to see restoration projects in progress is not what you pay for. You will be regularly shown, often monthly where your money has been spent but that doesn’t mean that you get to see it. There are other contracts involved.
Owning a chateau and it’s up keep is expensive as is it’s restoration. Our donations as patron are very carefully accounted for and spent carefully. To suggest otherwise is a slur on Stephanie’s accountability. She has been nothing but transparent with the use of her patron donations.
She doesn’t need to be so open about the spending of her own money such as the monetisation of the diary vlogs and does so transparently on Cadeaux at the Chateau purely as she wishes to give back to the community that have been so generous to her.
Patrons, no one is forcing you to donate. Your donations are for the chatelaine to do with as is needed and it’s their decision to report transparently to the patrons where their money is spent. You don’t have the right to drive content, demand to see progress on projects or make demands on what should or shouldn’t be done.
We are financial supporters and that is all we are.
I for one patron am delighted to receive an extra video a week and know where my money was spent. Providing its going to the betterment of La Lande and its community I am so very happy that I’m making a difference.

Brenda to Neil
I understand where you are coming from. Patreon is a subscription we pay to enable creators to have a steady income in order to allow them to pursue a creative career that would not be possible without that income stream. In return, we receive exclusive content relating to the creator. That income belongs to the creator, as patrons we have no say what so ever how they spend or save it, as long as we receive content we have no grounds to groan, if we don't enjoy the content, unsubscribe, its a monthly system so cancelling is easy. Stephanie however done something very unique from day 1 of her patreon, she pledged that she would use all her patreon income to restore the chateau. This was not only a good marketing tool, it also gave patrons a feeling that they were part of the restoration team at Lalande. Each month goals would be set to raise a certain amount plus patrons would vote on what the next project should be. This level of inclusion has given some people the impression they have a greater say. Stephanie has come under fire, & some very unkind comments have been made that she is funding the restoration of her home through donations. This is very untrue, & inaccurate. Stephanie has NEVER set up go fund me type appeal. Just like Sky we sign up to a certain package, we pay a subscription we view the channels within our package, Patreon is the same.....I often wonder did Rupert Murdock get the same scrutiny when he had a 39% stake in Sky!!! Stephanie uses the restoration of Lalande for her content, but, what projects she decides to undertake, how she project manages it , is her sole decision....well maybe Isabelle has a casting vote!!, just as a Sky subscriber has no influence over what programs Sky purchases!. On a personal note, I do not think Stephanie should provide any accounts to Patrons.

Neil to Escape to Chateau de Lalande & More
I’m unsure what you are telling me. Am I out of line for saying what I did?
Please explain what I said was wrong as I’m fully supporting Stephanie and La Lande.

Brenda to Neil
no you are not wrong,absolutely not, I am only explaining 1st the concept of Patreon, because people out there do believe it is a donation platform, & some believe they are donating to a project. Stephanie made a pact with herself & her patrons that she would use her income from her Patreon channel to fund the restoration on the chateau. Then, I was just explaining why some patrons will come across as if they have a "say" in the order of things, if you watch the earlier patreon vlogs, where there were monthly targets etc. More recently larger projects have been undertaken which have been time intensive, for example The Marquis suite. Some people were upset because we didn't see the ongoing progress of this & had to wait until it was aired on C4. Some people felt short changed. The truth of the matter is that program has a global viewership, which in turn highlights The Chateau Diaries channel & Patreon maintaining & helping their support grow. The cost of this exposure on a rate card basis would be prohibitive. Therefore it is an excellent commercial decision to contribute to the series. It was just unfortunate that this project was very labour intensive, very much worth it I am sure we can agree. Of course Stephanie wants to keep everyone happy, but sometimes it is not possible to make an omelette unless we crack the eggs. No you were not wrong, I am just highlighting views from every perspective.We should just watch & enjoy the content as it is available & as you say place no pressure on anyone.

Then ANOTHER person joins in.

When people get notoriety people get jealous. The smear videos are like the National inquirer they get traction off of Stephanie’s notoriety .
So what right do they get to complain when they are using Stephanie’s own work to get monetized.
But the jokes on them even negative press drives up Stephanie’s social media and YouTube channel.
Psalm23:5

You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.

And Stephanie sows goodness . She takes gifts and gives back by opening them on air . Sowing into Charities.

She helps her fellow Chateau owners and their Channels.

Stephanie understands
A secret of sowing kindness . Videography is hard work. The software a learning curve Video equipment hard work.
Waiting on upload can be hours especially if YouTube glitches.

If you listen to Chateau DIY just electrics and water and heat start at 6000 a month to run a basic Chateaux some up to 15,000. That’s just the monthly expenses .
Neil said “Owning a chateau and it’s up keep is expensive as is it’s restoration. Our donations as patron are very carefully accounted for and spent carefully. To suggest otherwise is a slur on Stephanie’s accountability. She has been nothing but transparent with the use of her patron donations.“
Wow! Where does he get this info is my question?
Sounds like the report we’ve been curious about.....
Hmmm.....🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Philip is officially a repulsive hairy worm... Grandpapa must have been loaded.
I can't abide the asshole that sits and mocks/sniggers at everyone else having fun as if he's too cool to participate... There's always one, and he's IT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
@Le Comte de Monte Cristo is totally right, this could have been an absolutely ravishing venue for a rustic vendange-themed lunch, or even a Marie Antoinette shepherdess lunch.
Fake garlands of grapes and leaves, wine-colored dahlias, zinnias, Chinese lanterns, wheat stalks and box leaves.
Here
Yes it could have been a fun event ......the witch could have dressed up as Marie Antoinette with one of her big old frenchy costumes and , of course , her bloody Mother would Have to get into the act as well ......... but ..... we must remember ...... Mummy has Better Legs!!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Vive le Francois Moulin!
Congratulations whoever you are for upsetting Fanny during the Patreon Day Debacle. If you're one of Isabelle's Fanny Derailment Group, a few details would be great please! 👍
Is this just about someone sharing a couple of pictures? 😨 Geez!
The internet is the internet- make them private or do not post if you don’t want them seen, no?
Just save the pictures on the iPhone or computer without posting them. Gahhh!!!
I thought there must have been something that happened- that was so disturbing- but so far no details if so. 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 15
EXACTLY. Way back in the mists of time and before I realised she was a grifter, I was a very early patron. The 'Summer Garden Party' was touted as a grand and elegant affair much like your first photo. With marquees, excellent food and entertainment. My daughter would be my plus one and we were planning a little touring holiday round it. If we'd been offered a dirty cowshed, crap food and disdainful treatment, we'd have gone f*cking apeshit mad. There would have had to have been an intervention. Seeing how much it meant to some of these frail-looking besotted patrons she should be ashamed of how she treated them. Stephanie is a despicable human being.
I agree 100%. The Jarvis family has profited off the elderly for decades. Fanny and Isabelle treat Patrons like a commodity to be squeezed dry to provide monies and luxuries for themselves.

The Jarvis coat of arms motto should be “Something for nothing.” Fanny is always grabbing, taking, and lying to get money and luxury goods for herself and fulfills virtually nothing that she has promised in return.

Fanny and Isabelle look down on the pesky Patron extravaganza as a nuisance that is interfering with their travel plans, shopping, and collecting monies. Recall that Fanny thought she could avoid having the Patronfest and was dismayed that she was required to actually have a yearly gathering. They used Davy’s parents china, donated luxury fabrics as tablecloths, wrinkled tablecloths, and basic grocery store food that Patrons had to pay for to eat in a hastily half cleaned garage. Do you really think they cleaned peacock poo off the wooden beams looming over the tables? And in the 17 years Fanny has been at the Dump and all the parties she has thrown at the Dump, isn’t it curious they never used the crap filled garage as a party location?

It is funny that Oily Ole Ollie runs seminars on emotional intelligence when his best friend Fanny has no emotional intelligence whatsoever.Fanny doesn’t care about anyone but her own spoiled little princess self. The way she has controlled the event with the Dump crew, been miserly with accommodations and food while charging Patrons for it, and treated them as a nuisance is sickening. Fanny is a bargain basement Marie Antoinette.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Neil said “Owning a chateau and it’s up keep is expensive as is it’s restoration. Our donations as patron are very carefully accounted for and spent carefully. To suggest otherwise is a slur on Stephanie’s accountability. She has been nothing but transparent with the use of her patron donations.“
Hmmm.....🤔
Perhaps ol’ Neil is the missing accountant?!?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Hmmm.....🤔
A report from Fanny herself isn’t worth the paper it is written on. She lies as easily as she breathes. Any Tattler could wipe a piece of blank paper across their ass and that paper would have just as much, if not more, substance and credibility as any of Fanny’s made up accounting gibberish. That’s so Lie Lande!

Perhaps ol’ Neil is the missing accountant?!?
I think he is a Patron who believes old smoke and mirrors Fanny. She may have flashed her breasts at him during a conversation and he is now convinced Fanny can do no wrong.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
@Le Comte de Monte Cristo is totally right, this could have been an absolutely ravishing venue for a rustic vendange-themed lunch, or even a Marie Antoinette shepherdess lunch.
Fake garlands of grapes and leaves, wine-colored dahlias, zinnias, Chinese lanterns, wheat stalks and box leaves.
Here's a fermieres' vendange lunch for volunteer grape harvesters. Please note they also provided a breakfast including wine, rillettes, and garlic. The workers were served eight different kinds of meat in just two meals.

Casse-croûte Breakfast
Pâté
Rillettes with Raw Garlic
Dried sausage
Garlic sausage
Emmental, Camembert, Goat ‘log’ and Tomme
Bread
Last year’s wine

Cold beer in the fields

Vendange Workers' Lunch
Charcuterie Platter
Chicken-noodle soup
Rabbit slow-cooked in red wine
Filet steak
Cheesy potato croquettes
Emmental, Camembert, Goat ‘log’ and Tomme
Fruit tarts
Much Moar Wine
For a Marie Antoinette shepherdess lunch, it's interesting to note that her chambermaid, Madam Campan, said she ate only roasted or boiled poultry, boiled vegetables, and drank nothing but water. For breakfast, coffee and kipferl, a possible forerunner of the croissant, which she allegedly brought with her from Austria.

Patreon Day Marie Antoinette Shepherdess Menu
Sausage Rolls of Kipferl Crescent Dough, Lalande Horseradish Cream Sauce
Chicken pot au feu
Fromage Blanc with Lalande Honey and Raspberries
Fromage Frais Cake, Almond Flour
Viennese Espresso, Whipped Cream

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't really like to comment on how people look, since not everyone can look as fabulous as me (yes, I'm JOKING!), but, really, Amaury's mother is sort of morphing into Queen Victoria. No offense to the Queen! Seriously, is she wearing a tiara or crown?

I see what looks like Sarah from Manor & Maker over on the left side, looking a bit frump-a-dump, but I don't see her husband?
It looks like only Patrons have on the stick on nametags.
And poor Dan.....all alone there. Amaury looks to have a new bro now. And, for once, Natti isn't glued to him like a fly on fly-paper.
Even Phillip is way in the back.
Pretty revealing that there are more "guests" than Patrons.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I agree 100%. The Jarvis family has profited off the elderly for decades. Fanny and Isabelle treat Patrons like a commodity to be squeezed dry to provide monies and luxuries for themselves.

The Jarvis coat of arms motto should be “Something for nothing.” Fanny is always grabbing, taking, and lying to get money and luxury goods for herself and fulfills virtually nothing that she has promised in return.

Fanny and Isabelle look down on the pesky Patron extravaganza as a nuisance that is interfering with their travel plans, shopping, and collecting monies. Recall that Fanny thought she could avoid having the Patronfest and was dismayed that she was required to actually have a yearly gathering. They used Davy’s parents china, donated luxury fabrics as tablecloths, wrinkled tablecloths, and basic grocery store food that Patrons had to pay for to eat in a hastily half cleaned garage. Do you really think they cleaned peacock poo off the wooden beams looming over the tables? And in the 17 years Fanny has been at the Dump and all the parties she has thrown at the Dump, isn’t it curious they never used the crap filled garage as a party location?
You made me think of a Dire Straits song... I'm nominating it for the next thread title: "Money for nothing (and your chicks for free)"

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I tell you if I was pulling in over A$32,000 a month from strangers and they bothered to come over I would be treating them very well indeed or....... the bloody money will stop rolling in!
What they did in the garage is lazy and insulting in my opinion.
Pekey, that converts to AUD$47000 pm. Imagine what we could do with that here? Fly all the other Tattlers to Sydney and have a banquet at the Opera House! Then a grand tour to Melbourne and Tasmania staying at 5***** gites all the way!! :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 13
IMHO, I think Fanny screwed up the Patronfest. She should have treated the Patrons like she treats Potts and Larkin. She should have had the Porcelain fondler set up tables inside the Dump, using ironed cloth napkins and the Ardmore tablecloth and other beautiful ironed tablecloths, served some very good wine and champagne ( which we know she has in her stocked wine area), made some really nice food served on the expensive good china (with the chargers under the plates, etc.), and purchased great French desserts from the local bakery.

So few Patrons attended that she could have easily spent the money and accommodated all the Patrons inside the Dump.This could have been an easy way to curry favor with Patrons and pretend that she cares for them and appreciates their support. She could have done a Patron video, with a wish you were here open mouthed headshot of herself.

Like Jules suggested, she could have made them lanyards, a gift bag with French bakery cookies shaped like the farmhouse or a peacock, etc. instead of going with freebies from the gardens and the former Marquis. Fanny put little to no effort into sourcing a decent gift bag for people who have traveled days to get to her Dump to spend one afternoon.

Fanny wants to pretend that the Dump is like a 5 star boutique hotel and she had the opportunity to show the Patrons how beautifully they could be indulged at the Dump. Instead of the 5 star boutique hotel experience, they received a low end travel lodge experience that they had to pay for themselves. Fanny is such a miserly idiot. She will never share her expensive food, wine, china, or Dump with the riff riff scruffy Patrons.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
The way Ivanka wore it is how it was originally produced as per the original sale listing. Either the previous owner or Fanny removed that segment and the trim to show off her…em…assets.
We all know if she could she would

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.