The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly - it is those attention to details that makes a big impression. You don't think they do but they really, really do. But then again someone would need the administrative skills as well as event planning skills to pay attention to the details and we know that is not CDLL.

Reactions: 23
Le sigh, Neil…dearie…patroned is not a word…patron, patroness, patronage are. Do please refer to the OED before deciding the rest of us are too stupid for words…dearie.

Reactions: 15
My husband goes to a Jazz Festival every year (sometimes I go too) and he keeps all his lanyards and badges. We have about 12 years worth now. So I agree the Lala fans would have loved to have something like this as a keepsake.

Reactions: 24
This shajtshow will top all my lives i will ever have, to watch potty's mandatory rounds when he will pretend that he is interested in these ladies perception of what the shjitooo is and how they adore him and the qween of the lost lake...cannot wait

Reactions: 15
There is a lot I could say about this, but I'll sum it up in just a few lines...
Someone needs to look up the true meaning of notoriety.

Or, perhaps they already have? In that case, well played!

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Big B the two-faced loud mouth sanctimonious know it all. It must pain her that she didn’t think of this scheme herself.

Reactions: 13
My grandmother from Minnesota used to make a beef stew that she would then put in the oven with biscuits on top and bake the whole thing so every scoop of stew got a fresh biscuit too. My grandfather from Minnesota was the real cook in that relationship though, he taught her how to cook. He would make a baked chicken in a camp oven out in the yard in the summertime that would make you cry it was so good. He’d make jam from a wild plum tree in his backyard too. He could cook anything on anything. Whenever we’d go on a car trip he’d whip out the cast iron skillet and the camp stove and make bacon and eggs or hamburgers along the way. Who knew it was such luxury! My dad did the same. Snack food favorite - pickled herring and onion in white wine sauce with club crackers.

Reactions: 18
Hey Brenda- just like in real life the people who pay the bills get to make the decisions…

Reactions: 25
Considering the linen, crystal and porcelain they have, and that these people are their employers, I think you are correct that this is a massive FU. Staged in the Guano Room with paper napkins and approx an anorexic 1 1/2 oz. shady-looking meat per person. If ham, it is literally the weirdest ham I've ever seen.
I don't know about you, but when my boss comes over for dinner, there's more meat. Carefully calibrated not to appear obsequious, but deffo more meat.

Reactions: 24
It says Corral (Brittish)
Thanks! That Colleen was a guess!

i have also been thinking about some of the questions about Isabelle and Clara and where are they? I remember in another recent thread Isabelle mentioning that they would be going to patreon days not to create scenes, act outrageously, etc, but be calm, rational, with facts and evidence asking for answers. She also said she would see ua on the other side. I am paraphrasing her here.
personally, I think we won’t here anything right now. I also feel we have to avoid insults, demeaning behaviours, etc, here against laland. I remember Isabel mentioning that as well. Sorry I can’t be more specific and find what I am referencing. Anyway, not telling people what to do here, just had a sudden recollection of reading posts from Isabelle. So I am going to be a bit careful what else I post or respond to. Do not want to jeopardize anything.

Reactions: 17
Swooning. No disrespect to your sainted grandpa and dearest papa, but Daddy-made plum jam has got to be the most delicious.
My father brewed beer and froze salsify and other weird olde skool Carolina veg from his garden. Miss them all.
Amazon product

Reactions: 12
He and O can go for "kebabs".

When I make VIP can I come to your parties?
The fish shack is just outside the VIP lounge, to the left , as anybody with moonshine in the garage refrigerator knows. All are welcome. White trash cooking, Carolina shag and fais do do all specialties.

Reactions: 14
Pickled okra! My great grands from SC had a two acre veg patch for just the family. They built their own log cabin. Had a still in the woods. My cousins still live on the land.

IAM trying to catch up and I’m on pg 16/20. I just realised that they’ve used the Tilda fabric for tablecloth on the long table. Sorry if it has already been said.
Oh that is just shitty. Shitty.

Reactions: 12
We have a saying in the South …’You can’t fix stupid.’ These two (Brenda & Neil) are not redeemable. Let them live in their sanctimonious dream world. It’s quite sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I wonder why Philip didn't do his infamous charleston in his overalls?
I wouldn't mind having something fun with such a clip - Come On Eileen, anyone?
Coco looked like Vicky Pollard and she danced like her too...

Reactions: 19
Are these people mad or just brainwashed. I guess they would have to admit they were duped. They are looking to put an explanation on the deceitful behaviour that suits the narrative otherwise they have to admit they were conned.
indeed...and what those social media post concerns...it always reminds me when is see posts from friends on holiday...its all marvellous and exciting...but when you talk to them later in private...different stories come out...this wansnt so great etc...the rooms were bad...we stayed next to a busy road...the staff was rude...those people in attentence will neverpublicly say they were dissapointed..Imagine how loud their friends would laugh... .

i think a lott of those patreons will be desilusioned by their welcoming..she better had nice marquies in the garden..with wooden floors , nice tables and chairs...nicely decorated..a good caterar providing food and drinks.. but it had to be done on the cheap...nothing is ever good enough for Madame..everybody else can eat old bread..

to use a garage as a banqueting hall isnt so strange...its done more in the country...but people clear it out first...make sure there is no dust or filth left..clean it thoroughly and decorate it nice..hire good furniture and take care of lotts of good food and drinks..

Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.