The Chateau Diaries #177 Tattlers, the ideal summer garden party guests!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In advance of the Lalande engagement announcement and all the huhaa that will follow, I have a question for our international tattlers. My Son is getting married soon. Traditionally I understand here in Ireland that white and beige/ivory are a no no for guests and that as a courtesy the MOG waits until MOB gets her outfit before choosing hers. I didn't know what to say when the MOB told me she has rejected her first two outfits and has bought a third which is white. Anyone experienced similar?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
?? For the other 14 Tartlets out there.
Why is Stef spending big money on things like a garden, pergolas, wallpaper, paneling, custom woodwork, that cannot be moved when she sells the chateau?

If the end goal is to dump the dump and move to Venice then why is she #1 not using her funds to enhance resale value (such as making it f-ing habitable and structurally sound) and #2 why is she continually putting Chanel lipstick ($55) on a pig instead of L’Oréal ($10) lipstick on said piggy…
E93ACABC-5095-401C-B515-ADFC62137194.jpeg
The pig needs some lipstick, but there are so many things she could do without spending a fortune.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Thanks for the Château de la Ruche info! I guess I have been missing their posts on Instagram because I have been working lots of overtime and not getting online as often as before. Glad they are still around. I would love to stay at their place, it looks so relaxing.
Mr and Mrs Ruche bicker like all married couples… especially ones who work together!

p.a. Mrs. Ruche has good taste similar to Mrs. Flowers - unlike the Chatelaine Ardwhore.

Reactions: 6
In advance of the Lalande engagement announcement and all the huhaa that will follow, I have a question for our international tattlers. My Son is getting married soon. Traditionally I understand here in Ireland that white and beige/ivory are a no no for guests and that as a courtesy the MOG waits until MOB gets her outfit before choosing hers. I didn't know what to say when the MOB told me she has rejected her first two outfits and has bought a third which is white. Anyone experienced similar?
White only for the bride. I once attended a pretty unfortunate wedding where the MOB wore a halter neck white long gown. She had been spray tanned,70's makeup and black bee-hive hairdo! Pretty damn horrendous.
At another beach wedding I attended the step mother wore a black halter neck long dress, black shoes and accessories. It was boiling hot and we had to sit for awhile unshaded for proceedings to started. She melted and bolted for the wedding tent thingo and had to be prissed back out into the sun so that the happy couple could be married!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
White, cream etc., are definitely a no no for any wedding guest. For the bride only! Just my humble opinion...

White only for the bride. I once attended a pretty unfortunate wedding where the MOB wore a halter neck white long gown. She had been spray tanned,70's makeup and black bee-hive hairdo! Pretty damn horrendous.
My grandmother always wore black to weddings. And looked super chic too. Sadly she was no longer with us when I got married.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Is this MOB typically a spotlight hog? I solved the dress problem by taking my DIL shopping with me to pick out my dress. (She works in the fashion industry so it worked out, lol.)

• Heart
Is this MOB typically a spotlight hog? I solved the dress problem by taking my DIL shopping with me to pick out my dress. (She works in the fashion industry so it worked out, lol.)
Actually she is a very unconfident woman after being married to a very controlling man for years, dragged her and children from rental home to rental so frequently she could be described as having ptsd as completely blanked out recent permanent move my son oversaw, claiming she did things he'd done when she did recall the move. With her blotting paper skintone white would be the last colour on the spectrum to choose.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Why is Stef spending big money on things like a garden, pergolas, wallpaper, paneling, custom woodwork, that cannot be moved when she sells the chateau?

If the end goal is to dump the dump and move to Venice then why is she #1 not using her funds to enhance resale value (such as making it f-ing habitable and structurally sound) and #2 why is she continually putting Chanel lipstick ($55) on a pig instead of L’Oréal ($10) lipstick on said piggy…
View attachment 1553276The pig needs some lipstick, but there are so many things she could do without spending a fortune.
Because only someone as delusional and weird as she would buy her château anyway. So wouldn't care about structural work. Someone who is even putting only 1$ Dollartree lipstick on pig is Dan, but he has way less subscribers ;it seems people are less interested in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not wanting to be outdone by BG I am sharing my kitchen photo. Just need to titivate a little more for Insta 🤪

kitchen.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Not to judge but ….with every color in the world available why would she choose white? that is unbelievable ,white or cream should be left for the bride…. not the mother of the bride ! Just my opinion…

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Actually she is a very unconfident woman after being married to a very controlling man for years, dragged her and children from rental home to rental so frequently she could be described as having ptsd as completely blanked out recent permanent move my son oversaw, claiming she did things he'd done when she did recall the move. With her blotting paper skintone white would be the last colour on the spectrum to choose.
It is the colour of the outfit, or the style? Perhaps she can be persuaded into the same outfit but in a peach, or plumb? Compliment her on whatever she's wearing whenever you see her, be it red, blue, green or whaever; tell her how much the colour suits her, reinforce it. Add to this that, on your self and others, white looks ghastly, isn't versatile, becomes grubby really fast and once worn never looks the same again. You could add that the bride herself has specifically requested that wedding guests do not wear white. I'm sure the bride will agree to go along.

It's also possible her unconscious mind associates the white as a new begining after all the trauma in her life. She'll associate white with cleanliness and the return of her lost innocence after being married to such a pig. It's a tricky issue but one I'm sure you'll be able to resolve grace and kindness.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

View attachment 1553276The pig needs some lipstick, but there are so many things she could do without spending a fortune.
Stephanie Jarvis will never sell her HMN, unless forced to by overspending of whoever’s money.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Just to return to an old subject without becoming oatmeal gate…. But I knew that insurance companies in the uk were increasing premiums for people with wood burning stoves.
The attached is for Nathan if he is doing the installation!!
As I've said before Nathan can do the installation using the correct approved matrials but they will need a registered (in France) person to sign it off. I would have thought the property insurance for Lalande stipulated the chimneys are swept each year. Have they been? there lies the question because for that place they would need the sort of person Sarah and Steve had.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.