The Chateau Diaries #176 The Chronicles of Lieland: The Lyin', The Betch and The Crossdresser's Wardrobe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I literally can't wait to see what they will show on tonight's patron video since the clearly didn't finished the room for the program (how aren't they sick of her, isn't this what always happens?). And WHY did they painted the chimney that billiard table green???
What a terrible waste of money!!!

Reactions: 10
I have long wondered why people purchase portraits of people they don’t know. Sure fine if it’s a Manet or something, or a historically significant person, but just a rando person?????
Years ago I restored my early1800's farmhouse with period antiques which included some primitive portraits of people. They used to scare to crap out of my kids. In retrospect, I should have hung landscapes instead of traumatizing them as they still talk about those portraits.:unsure::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Here it is this afternoons grand reveal Steph and Gerry wallpapering in the Marquis appartment.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Who are these guys? That wallpaper is beautiful. I’d like to check them out! 😊

I have a feeling the big green chimney was done because Stephanie saw that everyone was praising Anna’s green rooms. Whether or not you like green, everyone is appreciating Anna’s minimalist and CLEAN well appointed rooms. The Fleuries finished their rooms in a tasteful way, and can now add to them over the years when they find just the right pieces for each room. Stephanie needs to learn the art of curating and editing. Take most of those pieces out of the Marquis’s suite and gradually add to it when just the right pieces are found, and have some meaning to her (and I don’t mean a Derek Jarvis original). There are so many pieces that have been grabbed from around the dump and put in that room that it’s ridiculous. I agree about the lack of scale on everything. It’s terrible.

Apologies - I see many have already asked who they are. I will go follow their IG!
Here is a shot of their info- These two gents are pure class.
Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 3.08.20 PM.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other chateau restoration page I follow is-

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 3.10.52 PM.png

I did a little sleuthing and was able to figure out which chateau is hers, but I won't name it because thus far she has wanted to keep it confidential... Though, I will tell you, the chateau is SPECTACULAR! She posts interiors so you can see the drool worthy interiors. The chateau was sold with almost all contents. The previous owners were fabulously wealthy so you can imagine all the goodies inside...
Fanny's Farm is in no where near the same league as this chateau. Annie U. is redoing the grounds and outbuildings. When you see what she is doing with the grounds, you will understand FanFan's juvenile effort in her garden... (copy cat, dirty rat...) The care that is going into her renovation is perfection. She hires artists and experts. The money she is spending is delicious. LOL Wow, to have very deep pockets!!! It is utterly amazing.

Go check out these two chateau pages and tell me what you think!!!

Why have a minimalist style in a chateau? If I would own a chateau I would definately not go for minimalistic style. I would pull out baroque & rococo because I can 😂
I am with you!
I would Marie freaking Antoinette the :poop: outta that place!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Years ago I restored my early1800's farmhouse with period antiques which included some primitive portraits of people. They used to scare to crap out of my kids. In retrospect, I should have hung landscapes instead of traumatizing them as they still talk about those portraits.:unsure::ROFLMAO:
An old cabin I restored had a finished basement that I played up the "grandma's cabin" theme and hung a old photo of a rando person I got from a thrift store. Her original frame was square and she looked quite stern and harsh, once I put her in an oval frame she looked calm and kinder.
1662157807661.png

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Those are the trees Nick the Tree pruned for the first time in 40 years. None of the apples will be used.
Cider less of a tradition in central France, eating apples more prevalent.
The Croquers des Pommes are the heritage apple Johnny Appleseeds of France, with scores of local associations. The one nearest the shamefully ignorant, feckless, wastrel, lazyass orchard owner Stephanie Jarvis is in Touraine. I have no doubt they could introduce her to someone nearby with an apple juice press who'd be happy to take those apples off her hands. Donate the juice to the local women's shelter. 🤡
Something about letting those apple trees go makes me absolutely wild.
Here the local Croqueurs de Pommes affirm they make their own apple juice. And could direct the dreadful Jarvis to someone who'd be thrilled to do it with her apples.

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 4.45.15 PM.png

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Apart from the state of the piano WTF do those doors look like stuck in the middle of the panelling and the overpowering wallpaper. If they are not going to be of the same wood as the panelling then they do need to be another colour.
Morning All !
I had a look at that photo first thing and those two doors with the teeny tiny bit of panelling in the middle !!!! So weird !!!
That would drive me crazy if I was living in that home !
I like the wallpaper but not the way they have used it and in that room too.
Still ......... what would I know , I am not a Taste Maker ! :giggle:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Ugh oh......I feel a competition coming on.....
I remembered this Instagram post from Chateau Rosieres of Marc going into the well........
Who will be the one from Lalande to go in?

1662159981104.png

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Harking back to the previous thread in which there was a brief discussion on what, in life, the Chateau Diaries has spoiled for us. I didn't answer at the time, but have since given it some thought. There's obvious answers... chateau in general have been spoilt for me, thanks to Fanny, but one thing that's spoilt for me is.... 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

Squirrels.

When you all stop laughing, consider... I remember the first time I ever saw the squirrels in Hyde Park London. For an Aussie seeing them for the first time, they were delightful! We don't have them down under and I'd never seen one in a zoo. Their antics had me laughing and quite often, crossing Hyde Park, I'd stop to feed them. Then yesterday, whilst (yes whilst 😆) driving to Downpatrick here in Northern Ireland, I saw a dead squirrel on the road, and all I could think of was 'road kill.' I was surprised at my lack of sympathy for such a sweet little creature being run over. It dawned on me then that Fanny and her inmates were to blame for my lack of empathy towards the little mite, dead on a lonely country road. I used to like squirrels, so duck you Philip! It's you that is to blame for turning me into a horrible unfeeling person. You deserve to be punched in your very punchable face!

Rant over.
Carry on. 😊
Phil probably “downedPatrick” too. Very quaint name.

I didn’t see squirrels in the wild until I went to Lake Tahoe, and they were so friendly and sweet 🐿 Sort of like our possums ♥

Reactions: 5
I wonder if Marie is going to house mind for Mummy and Percy and she is there to get her instructions before flying to SA?
If that’s the case Marie will have the company of those monkeys that live with IJ and Perce. Monkey friends would be good for that seemingly lonely girl, whose only friends appear to be old milk bottles and weeds 😉

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I think they painted it to offset the silly portrait. And the firescreen is the kind of granny tat that just makes my stomach sink.
Check out Chateau du Sailhant's analog room and rooms -- all open fires/see through fire screen. It's my benchmark for what a fortified farmhouse should look like, as restored by a professional restoration architect.

View attachment 1549459 -View attachment 1549454
Photo one -
Case in point re: fire screen is in proportion to the size of the fireplace. However, as much as I love this room, the monks chair belongs in a hallway or entrance hall, not in this room. The overall colouring is very impressive. It's a room one walks into expecting to find weighty tomes on heraldry, the rules of chivalry, priceless Ptolemy maps carelessly scattered about, and the resident professional candle dribbler hard at work.

Photo two: The only things missing are the pack of Irish wolfhounds lounging on the rug in front of the fire place, oh and a rug.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Here you go ya filthy animals

Wow, I've done nothing but witch about why she did not take Chenonceau as a model for the shitoo, as first suggested by Davy in re the world famous Renaissance gardens of Catherine de Medici and Diane de Poitiers.
So Jarvis has taken that in, in reproducing Chenonceau panelling, and not Versailles panelling, for the shitoo.
I was wrong in criticizing it as Versailles baroque, and not Chenonceau neo-Gothic. This is the right era for restoration of Lalande, if that's your idea of what resto is. Anyway, I apologize for accusing her of something she did not do.
This is Monty Don on Chenonceau @2:28.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Now that we've seen the real reveal and not the unfinished channel 4 reveal, I like the room better. Amaury definitely has some woodworking skills! I'm glad she's going to address the doors and fireplace. I think a trompe l'oeil treatment is the best way to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think they painted it to offset the silly portrait. And the firescreen is the kind of granny tat that just makes my stomach sink.
Check out Chateau du Sailhant's analog room and rooms -- all open fires/see through fire screen. It's my benchmark for what a fortified farmhouse should look like, as restored by a professional restoration architect.

View attachment 1549459 -View attachment 1549454
I think you've shown these pics before......while it's not my style, I find it very beautiful. The room is helped by the fact that it has tall ceilings as well as a more centrally located fireplace.

See what I mean about scale? See how all the furniture is of the same size/stature? And the focal point......it's the fireplace, for good reason. There's balance all throughout the room - the games table in the first picture is quite ornate, though it doesn't look out of place/scale because of the wood cornicing, which mimics the detail in the shelf of the games table. Even the wooden chairs mimic that detail! The furniture has all the same beautiful tone of wood and even the lampshades complement the wallpaper without being matchy-matchy. Nothing about this screams at you as every detail complements another in some way which, for me, makes it pleasing to the eye.

Reactions: 11
Here you go ya filthy animals

I honestly wouldn't slag her off too much based on this room. The panelling and the wallpaper seem appropriate for the place. This might be one of the few appropriate things she has ever done to that crumbling heap of stones.

I understand the renaissance green even though the contemporary application to the chimney breast is probably not to everyone's taste. I wouldn't want to live in the room but I don't think it's awful.

I'm sure she'll make it awful by piling up tat as per usual. In any case, the top of that panelling will be caked in dust in couple of weeks for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.