The Chateau Diaries #176 The Chronicles of Lieland: The Lyin', The Betch and The Crossdresser's Wardrobe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it smart to be putting up wallpaper that expensive in a room that you are going to rent out to B&B guests? Probably not. The errors made and the clumsy way she attached the paper to the walls only add to the challenge of keeping things tidy and exquisite, not Stephanie Jarvis’ forté to begin with.
By revealing this room shortly before her patron days, my guess is she hopes the focus of the public will be on this part of her crumbling shittoo. Good to know, right? I will be sure to point out not just the crayon lines she added, but will emphasize the marks left by guests that have already stayed there, wanting a piece of that action to last. Best to do a thorough check daily, my dears, as things tend to evolve and wreckers attract congeners. Oh, and Snorty Snort: are you sure your craftwork daffodil is still untouched and glued on like it should?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

I learned (the first time I fired the stove), the hard way, that a cold chimney causes smoke to come back into the room. You know, you should also have a little knowledge of physics. Ha, ha, ha!
There was so much smoke coming from our house that people almost called the fire brigade. The house (which we occasionally visit) smelled of smoke for weeks.
As far as I know, it is not very "easy" to light a wood burner and have a stable fire without smoke. It's not difficult, but...
I can already see clouds of smoke from Laland that will look like a haunted house from horror movies.

Soot everywhere especially that expensive wallpaper

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is it smart to be putting up wallpaper that expensive in a room that you are going to rent out to B&B guests? Probably not. The errors made and the clumsy way she attached the paper to the walls only add to the challenge of keeping things tidy and exquisite, not Stephanie Jarvis’ forté to begin with.
By revealing this room shortly before her patron days, my guess is she hopes the focus of the public will be on this part of her crumbling shittoo. Good to know, right? I will be sure to point out not just the crayon lines she added, but will emphasize the marks left by guests that have already stayed there, wanting a piece of that action to last. Best to do a thorough check daily, my dears, as things tend to evolve and wreckers attract congeners. Oh, and Snorty Snort: are you sure your craftwork daffodil is still untouched and glued on like it should?
Have you ever seen them hang wallpaper correctly? It's sad the way she treats expensive wallpaper that she pays for with other people's funds.
They smooth it out with their hands. That it. Job Done!!
I really am blown away!!
I would use an old credit card to take out the air bubbles at least. When they hung the expensive wallpaper in the downstairs lu She said the air bubbles will come out.
NO...No, they do not push through all that glue as it's drying to come out the sides on their own.
Then it shrinks a bit and she leaves colored markers for whoever walked in to fill in their mess.
Im embarrassed for all the craftsmen who do this for years to learn to do it the correct way.
Stop hanging Wallpaper!! Your an embarrassment for all painters, wallpaper, and plasters everywhere. she is letting the Chateau crumble no one else. SHe has better things going on right?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Actually, the fireplace is placed between three doors, according to Chateau DIY, the double ones to its right, the bedroom door to its left. That means the fireplace is in the bedroom wall. But it seems to me the solution is the same -- to center it in the room, knock down kitchen and foyer walls. Install open space landing strip for entrance, and kitchen on the west wall for better proportioned room. The kitchen could be oakpanelled to match. Actually I don't understand why the bedroom isn't in the sitting room, and vice versa. You have to walk through the bedroom to get to the sitting room from the main entrance, that's creepy.
What think you?

View attachment 1552455
Seeing this made think of something else...remember the architect plan? There will be a staircase + long balcony which will connect mommy's, gerry's + another room and serve as fire exit? Those then can be rented out as gites. With the balcony they get their own seperated entrance. She'll go from 2 gites to 5 gites. Quick calculation that's about 3K per day x4 =12k a week × 25 =300k euro gross profit in a year.

In order to achieve the balcony, she does need to do the facade (only that side of the dump), with a wild guesstimate wil cost her abouy 500k (guesstimate is based on fleuries facade renovation which costs them 100k)

With the massive spending while pushing out less vlogs + lake + chapel she simply can't afford the facade. Not even with her massive income over the past 2 years.
I bet she has asked the architect for a quote, which came out way higher than she expected. So she has abandoned the facade plans for 3 years minimum.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
what a scam...it looks like they did all the work in one week...but it took one year...and why is that tartan dwarf always hanging around when channel 4 is there.. :eek: i guess seeking attention runs in the family...
He's there for the 'comedy' value. Plus he's was in the original series, so they like continuity for the viewers I guess. Fanny probably had to choose which new character to be featured. Sorry Amaury - the Dutch boyfriend got the gig. You may have spent hours, weeks, months making some panelling but the boy who has read from the Uriah Heep playbook with his obsequious smarm made the cut. Fanny, keen to show off to the world that she's got a man on her arm chose the effete high heeled table layer over you.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.