The Chateau Diaries #175 The lonely chair is where Philip sits after being Potty's fluffer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I love that Marc and Philip take the time to write a personal reply to all the comments! That's really lovely and shows appreciation and respect for their viewers!
so far , they have only 4200 subscribers. Steffi and all the others had 4200 subscribers before too.
And I saw their Patreon page in the info. Just a matter of time…

Reactions: 8
Too kind.
I've never had it or made it any other way. Made a bucket of it last week, veg, anchovy, egg, no tuna, fresh beans carefully labored over. But to be a Perfect Little tit About Food Orthodoxy™ , I looked it up in Larousse Gastronomique, land of a thousand salades.
"Niçoise salad. Salade Niçoise -- Mix equal parts diced potatoes and French beans. Season with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix with anchovy fillets, olives and capers. Garnish with quartered tomatoes. Sprinkle with chopped chervil and tarragon."
I adore chervil, sprinked on boiled beef and parsnips it's a universe of lush.
Hard to come by, never had it on even the best restaurant Niçoise salad. Which was at the Madison Hotel in DC, presented in a fluted pate brisee cup surrounded by dressed leaves. I think there might have been some toasted almonds involved. Long ago and in another country....
I was stunned Jarvis served her most faithful paying guests meat -- tuna and charcuterie. Ding dong! But that she was clearly winging it for the main dish of their lunch is bleeping disgraceful. No black olives. No green beans. Tells me she didn't know or shop for what she was going to be serving.
Oooops! The food shopping budget got spent at Emmaus. 😂

Maybe Amaury relishes the fact that he can secretly spit onto Snorty's food before he serves it.
I suspect he does more than spit in it. 😂

• Haha
As someone who has run extremely large to small intimate events, I would NEVER allow a random made-up menu to be served to my paid event guests, especially one as unappetizing as this luncheon horror. Lentils? FFS.
Oeh! I was waiting for an event manager to turn up eventually at tattle!

If SJ would organize an event (i dont mean the patreon day, thats a tour with an egg salad lunch) with you in charge of the event to reach max revenue in 3 days, what kind of event would you plan, how much revenue would it bring? When would you start planning?

Sorry to bombard you with questions. 😂

lol. They all involved delicious food, fabulous locations and interesting guests. (ie; a haunted, former bordello in New Orleans for one)….
The bordello with the haunted attic haunted by the secretary? I think i watched something about that ages ago 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wiik Watch rebranded to Marie's Many Manifestations

No longer an aspiring chef, despite the chefs knives. Who knows what metamorphosis will happen when she gets to South Africa.

View attachment 1536244
That "as seen on tv" bit always cracks me up. Smacks of desperation. Trying so hard to be relevant, not remain relevant, but be relevant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
tristellorando-will-ferrell.gif

Jimalu Gott
9 hours ago
leaving this channel and patreon after the disgusting "weed" removal. No explanation, no accountability, no apologies. There are several "chateau" channels with no screaming.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Last night I thought Phyllis and Cat came across as school playground bullies whispering and sniggering at that dreadful American volunteer cooing at every bit of tat available in Emmaus (the 21st century workhouse). It was uncomfortable viewing watching them all laugh at her. I can't think why Stephanie would think to include that in her flog.... unless she thought that behaviour was entirely reasonable. Live, Love and Laughter....
There's a big difference between laughing with and laughing at.
Passive bullying is still bullying.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Don't like Kat at all I like her less than I did . I’m interested to know why don’t you like her ‘at all’ may I ask ? Initially, to me, she seemed like one of those genuinely jolly hockey sticks type I went to boarding school with. The sort who is probably to scared to bat for both sides, but would like to ! The type of girl who is last to get a boyfriend but that blokes love to hang out with at the pub, mostly because she can no doubt knock back more pints than them, faster and without getting hammered. In the old days we called those girls ‘ladettes’. Yep, she’s a ladette to me but I don’t like the way she is dancing to Fannys time now, she’s become ‘one of them’ . Noticed the dig to Tatlers about the handwriting too.

I doubt she’d touch Dan’s barge pole with a barge pole, as has been suggested previously, but she likes to hang out with ‘a bit of rough’ in the way that posh girls do. What are your thoughts on her ?
I don't like her because she is a bully but in a passive aggressive way-laughing at people rather than with them. She is a superior, thinking she is a cut above others, she tries to be different for different sake and I can just tell she is catty and a witch really all whilst pretending to be nice and fun.

There are many things to say about last night's CD but, for the moment, I'll just leave it at my admiration for Baby Bee Gee's heroic efforts slicing tomatoes. Using a mandolin without losing a limb.

(All the minus points awarded to Armoire for giving the world (youtube, anyway) details of his Jiggy Diary - puerile, back-of-the-bikeshed bragging and then some).
really unpleasant talking about the woman he is meant to love- a little man in stature and prowess.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Don't like Kat at all I like her less than I did . I’m interested to know why don’t you like her ‘at all’ may I ask ? Initially, to me, she seemed like one of those genuinely jolly hockey sticks type I went to boarding school with. The sort who is probably to scared to bat for both sides, but would like to ! The type of girl who is last to get a boyfriend but that blokes love to hang out with at the pub, mostly because she can no doubt knock back more pints than them, faster and without getting hammered. In the old days we called those girls ‘ladettes’. Yep, she’s a ladette to me but I don’t like the way she is dancing to Fannys time now, she’s become ‘one of them’ . Noticed the dig to Tatlers about the handwriting too.

I doubt she’d touch Dan’s barge pole with a barge pole, as has been suggested previously, but she likes to hang out with ‘a bit of rough’ in the way that posh girls do. What are your thoughts on her ?
"Rough" as in Ryan in Life of Ryan Rough? 😂 Yeah, they had a thing for a few weeks. Maybe she scared him off

• Haha
  • Wow
I'm a huge fan of lentil salad and the most upscale way I've seen it served was with about $20 worth of cold poached salmon and $10 very fresh herbs/lemon zest vinaigrette at the Hay Adams Hotel in DC.
It's also the season in France of the charentais melon, melon being the soul mate of lentil salad as cucumber cubes with skin are the soul mates of hummus. Cucurbits and beans, a fecund area of exploration.
Lentil salad hard to plate though, can't remember how it was done at the Hay Adams. I suspect green and not brown lentils are the starting point, with fresh spicy leaves underneath, like watercress.
Trying to brighten it up with beet salad is a typically skinflint choice by Jarvis. Lardons (as shown cooking the lentil salad) were one of Isabelle's Oliver Twist master of the Mudfog Workhouse dodges for not serving meat to her volunteer employees. We see Stephanie feeding her paying guests with the same memory of a whisper of lardon in the lentil salad -- bad idea, bacon fat can coagulate.
Dark brown lentils and dark red beets for lunch with tomato tart, a badly thought through choice for eye appeal, flavor and texture contrasts.
Here's two revised lunch menu using the same, and more, seasonal ingredients, for the music workshop guests.

Lemonade with Lalande Honey for the Singers' Throats
Panzanella
Cold Poached Salmon, Sauce Verte
Green Puy Lentil Salad, with Lemon Zest and Parsley, Charentais Melon Ball Skewers, Room Temp Port Wine Dipping Sauce
Mirabelle Plum Fool
Fresh Seasonal Artisanal Saint Nectaire and Ossau Iraty Cheese, Fresh Mirabelle Plums, Toasts, Lalande Honey
Hot Tea

Lemonade with Lalande Honey for the Singers' Throats
Beet Borscht, let the Russians and Ukrainians make it with beef bone broth, Sour Cream
Cold Boiled Beef, Salsa Verde
Sliced Tomatoes, with Roquefort, Honey and Pink Pepper
Baguette, French Butter
Fresh Raspberries, Vanilla Ice Cream, Raspberry Coulis
Lavender Madeleines
Linden Blossom Tea
Mmmmm Ossau Iraty cheese, love it but it's a bit pricey. Love a good lentil salad too, what she did looked revoulting. Around my way the melons seem to be coming to an end. I'm also surprised they don't do Moules Mariniéres, so easy.

Just watched Chateau de la Ferte' one year time lapse there are some pretty serious people doing some pretty serious renovation OK Fanny what so you have??????? Seriously what do you have??? renovation wise and not shopping or travel????
I wasn't a fan to begin with but I've warmed to them. They are working really hard to get things done and the attention to detail in the decorating is brilliant, not a colouring pen in sight.

Felt a bit sorry for Chloe last night. All of them in the kitchen taking the piss out of how she spoke and what she'd got at Emmaus. Like Fanny and Fart Face can't talk at all the shite they've loaded the place up with. I'd have like to have told Kat to duck off too, what exactly does she bring to the table? Not much IMO.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
There are many things to say about last night's CD but, for the moment, I'll just leave it at my admiration for Baby Bee Gee's heroic efforts slicing tomatoes. Using a mandolin without losing a limb.
Notice that his only contribution was slicing the tomatoes... but then, when a slice of the tomato tart was offered to IJ to try it became "Philip's tomato tart." Look what Philip did Mummy! Look Mummy! LOOK!

Fanny makes it appear as though he tilled the soil, added compost, planted the tomato seeds, nurtured their growth, personally picked them, grew the wheat, and it's so hot and dirty on the threashing floor for poor Philip, milled the flour, raised the chickens, got them to lay eggs, got them to hatch, collected the eggs, made the pastry of course he did, raised the cow, fed the cow, milked the cow, churned the butter, chopped the wood, he's so versatil, lit the stove, hand turned the rolling pin, rolled the pastry, cut the tomatoes, made the cheese himself from scratch, well naturally, ensembled the tart from a recipe he'd personally created, and cooked the tart to perfection because he's so talented Mummy! But wait, what? He didn't invent and patent the mandolin slicer? Oh dear, points off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Last night I thought Phyllis and Cat came across as school playground bullies whispering and sniggering at that dreadful American volunteer cooing at every bit of tat available in Emmaus (the 21st century workhouse). It was uncomfortable viewing watching them all laugh at her. I can't think why Stephanie would think to include that in her flog.... unless she thought that behaviour was entirely reasonable. Live, Love and Laughter....
I didn’t like that part at all, she basically bought the same crap that Snorts gets but it was so hilarious for some reason 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I don't like her because she is a bully but in a passive aggressive way-laughing at people rather than with them. She is a superior, thinking she is a cut above others, she tries to be different for different sake and I can just tell she is catty and a witch really all whilst pretending to be nice and fun.

really unpleasant talking about the woman he is meant to love- a little man in stature and prowess.
Yep … I see all that too . Initially I didn’t but you’re so right that she thinks she is superior - hence being able to joke and scorn. It was horrid and ridiculously fake the way Cat and Flip mocked and faux-hysterically-laughed at the American girl’s purchases. She is a loud bumptious show off and desperate to belong somewhere . In many ways rather like the dreadful FRK - she’s trying to fit into a house of misfits. Mostly because she can’t fit in anywhere else.

Notice that his only contribution was slicing the tomatoes... but then, when a slice of the tomato tart was offered to IJ to try it became "Philip's tomato tart." Look what Philip did Mummy! Look Mummy! LOOK!

Fanny makes it appear as though he tilled the soil, added compost, planted the tomato seeds, nurtured their growth, personally picked them, grew the wheat, and it's so hot and dirty on the threashing floor for poor Philip, milled the flour, raised the chickens, got them to lay eggs, got them to hatch, collected the eggs, made the pastry of course he did, raised the cow, fed the cow, milked the cow, churned the butter, chopped the wood, he's so versatil, lit the stove, hand turned the rolling pin, rolled the pastry, cut the tomatoes, made the cheese himself from scratch, well naturally, ensembled the tart from a recipe he'd personally created, and cooked the tart to perfection because he's so talented Mummy! But wait, what? He didn't invent and patent the mandolin slicer? Oh dear, points off.
Absolutely Brilliant … she’s literally like a mother speaking of her child’s crap artwork ‘oh how wonderful/ clever/ amazing …. ‘ though you forgot to mention he did multi-skill and was able to talk whilst he sliced tomatoes.

Absolutely Brilliant … she’s literally like a mother speaking of her child’s crap artwork ‘oh how wonderful/ clever/ amazing …. ‘ though you forgot to mention he did multi-skill and was able to talk whilst he sliced tomatoes.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Yes, the debacle in the kitchen was absolutely disgusting, exactly like a bunch of nasty, spiteful school kids laughing and jeering at a classmate. The two nastiest were Snorty and Kat and SJ, as someone pointed out, is just as immature and spiteful for finding it hilarious and leaving it in. Chloe was OTT and performing for the camera but should not have been ridiculed in that childish way. The best bit of the vlog was IJ's aggressive reaction to Snorty and the lamp. He really disliked her reaction and sounded very aggressive himself when he answered saying how little it cost. They hate each other! The nasty, spoilt little schoolchild princess is not doing herself any favours with these vlogs. Now, returning to my hibernation!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
So, they're engaged now?
PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES!

1661772563942.png

Mr. Jackpot

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
I really like this couple.....they don't show off and get on with it as you can see. Plus they rescued the donkeys. :love:

I also like them and they keep their children off the screen.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The close up of Philip fake laughing in the kitchen was beyond weird ,

Reactions: 21
Thank you(someone) for getting me to look at La Ferte, this I will follow. Over the weekend I discovered a couple of other vlogs, not all chateau-centered, so refreshing to find an alternative to the lies, fraud and shite that oozes from LieLande.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yep … I see all that too . Initially I didn’t but you’re so right that she thinks she is superior - hence being able to joke and scorn. It was horrid and ridiculously fake the way Cat and Flip mocked and faux-hysterically-laughed at the American girl’s purchases. She is a loud bumptious show off and desperate to belong somewhere . In many ways rather like the dreadful FRK - she’s trying to fit into a house of misfits. Mostly because she can’t fit in anywhere else.

Horrible to watch wasn't t what a nasty bunch of school bullies and Chloe not realising they were laughing at her not with her

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Yes, the debacle in the kitchen was absolutely disgusting, exactly like a bunch of nasty, spiteful school kids laughing and jeering at a classmate. The two nastiest were Snorty and Kat and SJ, as someone pointed out, is just as immature and spiteful for finding it hilarious and leaving it in. Chloe was OTT and performing for the camera but should not have been ridiculed in that childish way. The best bit of the vlog was IJ's aggressive reaction to Snorty and the lamp. He really disliked her reaction and sounded very aggressive himself when he answered saying how little it cost. They hate each other! The nasty, spoilt little schoolchild princess is not doing herself any favours with these vlogs. Now, returning to my hibernation!
the lamp looked ridiculous. IJ loathed it on the sight as indeed she did Flip. He wants to buy something wherever he goes, justifying it with the prefix ‘it’s ONLY …’ not that it’s his money anyway. Fanny treats him like an indulgent mother giving in his childish demands of ‘I want ! I want ! A parent sometimes doing this may avoid a toddler melt-down , but it’s really bad parenting because the only winner (in the short term) is the toddler who then believes demanding behaviour is the way to go.

How to bring up a spoilt brat with no boundaries . Fanny has no parenting skills . Just like her mother.

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.