The Chateau Diaries #174 ''It wasn't $6,000, It was $5,000!'' said the insane chatelaine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only two more weeks!
I can't believe that there is not a word about Patreon day, preparations, excitement, people are coming from all over, they will spend huge money to come and see us, blah, blah, blah!
Nothing?
@Isabelle6541 Did you get any email notification?
That is because all they have done is clean chairs. How many chairs? That will give us a clue as to how many they expect. I also don’t think it’s over the three days.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That is because all they have done is clean chairs. How many chairs? That will give us a clue as to how many they expect. I also don’t think it’s over the three days.
Let's be serious now. Indeed, what kind of behavior is that. They released a public call (well, not completely public), people responded, and now what.
How do they plan to receive them?
As casual tramps?
As important guests?
As financiers or friends?
I really wonder.
LL sends the message to all of them that their money is perfectly acceptable, but their presence is a total pain in the ass.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I agree Patreon is a torment and I would go further to say it is her tax dodging foundation gimmick that has ruined it for her.
I will never understand why she didn't just pay her taxes. Whoever advised her to set up a foundation to avoid taxes did her no favors.
She wouldn't have been obliged to make promises she can't/won't keep; no manic updates or ridiculous comment below to have your say in what I do next that is just going to be ignored anyway; no Patreon day; no worry about the tax man...
In an old flog she said ad revenue brought in 200 euros at 13K subscribers, the first month of having her channel. By lockdown she was making enough money on add revenue to restore the chapel windows. That was two plus years ago... Her ad revenue now has got to be fantastic. Ad revenue was enough for her to start the renovations she claimed she was never able to do because she was too busy trying to figure out how to get food on the table.
Then along came Patreon and she was rolling in euros... But then came the foundation and accountability...
She should have collected ad revenue and Patreon, NO foundation, and paid the damn taxes! Yes she'd get half, but then all she'd have to do is toddle away laughing to the next vacation.
And by the way even after taxes she'd be making a tidy sum...
I follow so many Youtubers who just do their thing and collect, they are not making promises that they will have to back up. Some include your support makes this channel possible... Others just say thanks for watching buh bye... Guess SJ never heard a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...
Her tax dodging gimmick has ruined the tone and flavor of her channel; her broken moral compass has made her lose supporters.
It would be interesting to know how much money she has lost because viewers saw through her and dropped her like a hot potato... And how many are not jumping on the band wagon because they see her greed...
Greedy cow.
@lyna, you are exactly right. If Stephanie didn’t paint herself into a corner with the foundation and accompanying accountability and promises, there might not be a Chateau Diaries Tattle forum. She did it to herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
after seeing the latest patreon vlog, and how little content is there, I cant believe that her supporters arent demanding better quality. that vlog sucked

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I wonder what will be waiting for the Patron Day visitors?

chapel.jpg
Will it be this?

locked gates.jpg
Or will it be this?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Big announcement! I have decided to attend Patron Days! I know, I know. I’m not a patron. But I shall cleverly disguise myself as…wait for it…la tricoteuse Madame DeFarge!!! As Fanny doesn’t know any history she’ll have no clue and think I’m Caroline Good-n-plenty!!! Here’s a sneak peek at my costume!!! Now keep the secret, we don’t want Fanny La Flash to know!
9A93FDA7-AD57-4717-8982-FACA6FF60164.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I can’t stand watching gag, but I felt like I had to. Horrible. Anyway, did anyone else catch the end where Stephanie said this was only her birthday gag part 1, part 2 next week? 🤮

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
I can’t stand watching gag, but I felt like I had to. Horrible. Anyway, did anyone else catch the end where Stephanie said this was only her birthday gag part 1, part 2 next week? 🤮

Personally, I'm surprised Stephanie isn't one of these arseholes who insists on a birthday month.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
So Stephanie is only talking about the first vaulted ceiling area inside the chapel as having a keystone that moved and has cracks around it being a problem? She’s not talking about the front exterior of the chapel that has a keystone that moved and has cracks that was noticed here months ago?

Looks dangerous to be inside the chapel to me. So sweet of Stephanie to allow that couple to exchange vows inside recently. Such a lovely host to allow Philip to give Simon a long, special tour of the chapel. Dan was in there messing around not too long ago too. No care for the guests and employees on her property. No insurance either, I’m sure.

Also, let’s not forget about the exterior vertical cracks that are visible up around the attic of the chateau.
Has digging up roots and rocks plus moving all that dirt had any impact on the chapel? Driving heavy equipment in the vicinity made it worse? Are there more cracks than before? Did she have it surveyed? I haven’t watched the latest vlog so not sure if she covered those concerns. 🤣😂 The whole kit and caboodle is liable to crumble.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
With all the bulbs to be planted, I do hope they enough tulipieres

Delftware_Tulipieres.jpg

They'd be paaaaaarfect on the kitchen table!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
This view of the chapel in le lac de serre ponçon is pretty much the normal view. I mentioned the lac de serre ponçon several threads back when a post was made of the Loire river (which, I believe, turned out to be one of it's many tributaries and was stated to look like this most summers, sorry I forget who made that post), as we pass it several times a year in both directions. You can also generally view the old bridges and roadways as well as the tree stumps of the old hedges. This is a year round phenomenon. The levels of the lac de serre ponçon are controlled rigidly. You will probably find similar posts on the internet regarding le lac ste. croix which is between the dept., of Var and the dept., of Alpes de Hautes Provence. Both very popular tourist destinations. And both rigidly controlled barages (dammed lakes).

I once read that 99% of information on the internet is false. Remember the photograph during covid of rowed up coffins of covid victims in Bologna? That photograph then went on to be claimed by a number of towns, according to internet news, and was then later proved to be false.

A large pinch of salt...

Shall we move in from the global drought, we all know it's happening, and get back to fanny and her misdemeanors and maybe only discuss the drought in terms of her waste of water. Just a polite suggestion.
T'was moi wot posted that it was a tributary of the Loire. I'm often in France for work and yes, it's as dry as hell, yet I haven't noticed any significant drop in water levels in the areas I've been pottering about in. The Somme river remains at the same level, as does the Somme canal area where I'm currently based a few days a fortnight give or take. The Marne, which admittedly I've only crossed and re-crossed looks the same. So yes, I agree the internet scare mongering should be taken with a pinch of salt and the rhetoric on this subject might be toned down a tad.

In the Somme: Note the difference in the water levels. This simply means the locks are either open or closed to allow river traffic to pass through the Somme Canal near Sailly-le-Sec... yet, I've seen this left view touted as 'Oh my gods, look how far the water levels have dropped thanks to this terrible drought!'
river-channels-canal-de-la-somme-9.jpg

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I’m watching less and less. Nothing she does lately interests me. I’m just waiting for patreon day and @Isabelle6541 publication. Oh! and @Clara Burnett big reveal.
I don't know why but I can't bear to even hear her voice lately. The content is atrocious and all the simpering comments from the cult devotees are driving me nuts. She has literally done FA in 2 years and her blatant gall is really irritating me.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Chatelaine…. If you want to shut us up do a new chateau tour vlog. Walk through every room of LowLande and describe it’s current state and outline your plan and timeline to complete all of the incomplete projects.
That will never happen you just get glimpses of the unfinished projects like the raw wall in her office boudoir or the lack of progress in the grand salon, but the scales will never fall from the eyes of the cult of stephoney

Only two more weeks!
I can't believe that there is not a word about Patreon day, preparations, excitement, people are coming from all over, they will spend huge money to come and see us, blah, blah, blah!
Nothing?
@Isabelle6541 Did you get any email notification?

@ComtesseRose I never say thank you for a new thread. Sorry!
Thanks for the new thread!
I find that terribly suspect too, you’d think they’d be all a twitter about it, but complete radio silence on that topic maybe it’s like those famous weddings where everyone has to sign a contract that they won’t disclose the details 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
@lyna, you are exactly right. If Stephanie didn’t paint herself into a corner with the foundation and accompanying accountability and promises, there might not be a Chateau Diaries Tattle forum. She did it to herself.
I think I still would have had something to say about the Grift-Grab channel. I have never ever watched one but started to get a bit uncomfortable about all the presents streaming in when they were being opened on the main channel early on. Although it is personal. choice if people want to send gifts …. It was equally clear to me that it was being promoted/ encouraged & that was the very first thing I found quite sickening. Making it into a channel of its own was the first nail in the coffin & gave an early heads up for the grabbing attitude to come….

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.