The Chateau Diaries #174 ''It wasn't $6,000, It was $5,000!'' said the insane chatelaine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tattle has discussed a break down with the restorer over money. Why then did he appear in the vlog, IMHO

There has been discussion ongoing over money to be paid. Mummy has sorted it, he keeps the chandilier, the other stuff paid for.
Waiting until now to disclose something known for long time (a professional would have checked a long time ago for structural integrity) is strategic, why?

Mummy immediatly spoke of money. Patreon day coming a good chance to deflect the oncoming negativity, ask for more contributions . Philip can stay out of it had to do the extra walk by ad unfortunatley acknowledge by the polite gentleman

Sympathy is a great emotion to make one esily forget wrongs of the past. BRAVO, she is cunning as!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Dear Isabelle,
We have watched Snorty spend your daughter’s money! Snorty can’t keep his hands off your things now and is plotting to keep your pink porcelain while you pull weeds. Get that child doing chores and have Percy teach him how to shave.
Dear Snorty,
SJ is still in love with Potty!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
This view of the chapel in le lac de serre ponçon is pretty much the normal view. I mentioned the lac de serre ponçon several threads back when a post was made of the Loire river (which, I believe, turned out to be one of it's many tributaries and was stated to look like this most summers, sorry I forget who made that post), as we pass it several times a year in both directions. You can also generally view the old bridges and roadways as well as the tree stumps of the old hedges. This is a year round phenomenon. The levels of the lac de serre ponçon are controlled rigidly. You will probably find similar posts on the internet regarding le lac ste. croix which is between the dept., of Var and the dept., of Alpes de Hautes Provence. Both very popular tourist destinations. And both rigidly controlled barages (dammed lakes).

I once read that 99% of information on the internet is false. Remember the photograph during covid of rowed up coffins of covid victims in Bologna? That photograph then went on to be claimed by a number of towns, according to internet news, and was then later proved to be false.

A large pinch of salt...

Shall we move in from the global drought, we all know it's happening, and get back to fanny and her misdemeanors and maybe only discuss the drought in terms of her waste of water. Just a polite suggestion.
Unfortunately because of Trump a lot of people mistrust proper news organisations & tend to believe social media more which is a dangerous route. To question a photo taken by a reputable photographer working for a reputable agency is going up the wrong route in identifying fake news. I know all about checking authenticity in terms of images without giving away a job function.
The photographer who took this image is named : Joel Saget - he is a correspondent for AFP. This photo is verified by Getty Images.
FRANCE-ENVIRONMENT-CLIMATE-DROUGHT
"A picture taken on August 19, 2022 shows the Saint-Michel Chapel on a small island in the middle of the Serre-Ponçon lake, in Savine le Lac in French Alps as water level decreased 14 meters due to the drought. (Photo by JOEL SAGET / AFP) (Photo by JOEL SAGET/AFP via Getty Images)."
There are tons of other of this guy's photos of the same location.
The point of the banging of the drum about global drought is not that particular topic - but that Fanny is ignoring it if she is watering her land - thereby showing her utter contempt (as usual) for regulations, her selfishness (as usual) & her stupidity (as usual) isn't it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I think Isobel paid the bill. After the meeting IJ was weeding and Fanny said ‘morning one’ so the restorer came to see IJ the very first morning she arrived. She’s the organ grinder in this situ. Mediator. Peace keeper.

After the big wide eyed speech about a much more costly RESTORATION bill she then went seamlessly into what she wants to REDECORATE. Every room needs new antique furniture, the landing (which looked fine in every shot) all needs new wallpaper, etc. Que next season’s Chateau DIY project. The grand tour showing what has been accomplished during the 18 months (or so?) that IJ has been away was basically second hand tat moved from one room to another, decorating of a room for TV and a room stripped of plaster (which IJ was obviously not happy with).

I’m intrigued to know why she’s investing so much in the garden?! What’s the gain for her? She’s tight with spending unless it’s interior decor or hotels so what’s with the thousands upon thousands on a garden view that can’t been seen directly from the main rooms of the Shiteau? Doesn’t add up to me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I tell ya, that Anne Marie is all class! Nice outfit to wear for a gathering at the table. Surely, he must own a button down shirt of some sort.
Perhaps toooooo busy sorting out his man bun with Phiphi in the closet tsk tsk tsk maybe next time get Pity Potty to style it Annie 🤣🤣🤣🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Snorts inserting himself with his unnecessary comments. Just shut up child, go play with your porcelain or better yet, return to Maastricht and get your diploma!

Potts appearance has much improved! Sooo he is going to work on the old shoppe with PhiPhi? setting up a shop on Shopify isn't that hard!
I'll tell you why PhiPhi is the ''creative director'' ( a disgrace to call him one) he is going to fondle with decorations to create the decor for ambiance photo's, potts take the photos, uploads them on a website like shopify. who is going to do the picking, parking and shipping?

for god sake potts, kick that knobbly kneed tripod out, work with companies who can produce lalande stuff and forget about the Emmaus finds.
Potts will set up on-line sales like he developed the b&b reservation system. Potts got wealthy at his computer job and can retire early while owning a place in Holland, LaLande, land in SA all while traveling the world doing a hobby that pays him. Snorty is scamming grannies to buy that cape he’s been wanting.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
So, Philip is silent as a tripod, and Stephanie's intransigence with the chapel restorer has ended.
I have to say, Isabelle would have to be responsible for accepting his free labor. She also might be responsible for Stephanie's not reimbursing him for restoration items he paid for, per Clara. Instructive he should have waited until Isabelle had returned to inform them two witches in person.
Lalande, the movie: Manon of the Chapel, the three generation feud. Pheeph and Antoine inherit the flattened, buildingless landscape and a huge tax bill.
I'm keeping score. It's Isabelle 2.
But but but...
Philip silent as a tripod? Hmmmmm... Why did he choose that exact moment, during the interview with the chapel restorer, to waltz into the building? What could have possibly been so urgent that he had to interupt, distract, walk into the chapel and make his presence known? He wasn't carrying or delivering anything chapel related. He certainly wasn't there to prey pray. Was his appearance planned for some obscure reason, and if so what? He's like a centipede slithering about.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Another thing I'm not buying is that Stephanie Jarvis didn't conduct a structural investigation of the chapel prior to the restoration man starting work. Are we to believe that she would let works begin in the knowledge that keystones have visibly slipped let right and centre - more than 1cm over the front door - potentially putting people's lives in serious danger? This kind of behaviour is once more extremely reckless and proves yet again that there is urgent need for a project manager to be involved on part time basis (considering how slow everything is progressing). It raises further questions about the HMN's structural integrity. I pointed out the three fissures on the corner tower months back - what other sinister developments have happened that are being overlooked? It's all deeply concerning.
Amusingly, Stephanie agrees with the restorer that it is structure first then decoration after - why does she not take this advice and apply it to the main building? We know she will not continue with this mantra though - much to the eventual cost of her patron's purse. So in SJ's current vein of ignoring the truth there are so many small projects that could be completed so quickly and be effective - those dreadful hallways could be all done in 2/3 days if they hired in a small team of handymen to paint the walls, sand and polish the floors. Please god no more of that hideous scenic wallpaper - truly horrid.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I can’t stand watching gag, but I felt like I had to. Horrible. Anyway, did anyone else catch the end where Stephanie said this was only her birthday gag part 1, part 2 next week? 🤮
Cadeaux is just horrible and ridiculous My son follows a guy who vlogs about his Guinea pigs. He got all kind of (unhealthy) food and toys for them sent - usually by kids. They usually bought them just in the supermarket so he taught them that that usually is not really suitable food for Guinea pigs-more like poison . After a while he asked his fans not to send any toys or equipment since he got so much already and most importantly no food but that he would enjoy crafts and art about Guinea pigs. Within 2 or 3 videos presents started to change and he received only pictures and little crafts, some really cool.
So if 10 years old kids could learn it, Stephanie, I am sure your fans will learn it, too when you kindly ask them not to send any gifts anymore but instead donate and maybe just send letters instead which you could still read out. Just in case you are worried to upset them. Because for bleeping sake those gifts are not blessings they are poison for you, too! Go weeding instead opening gifts and you might experience a feeling much superior to the excitement of receiving stupid gifts- you might actually be proud! Or just go and get a life, any life! You are a mess right now...

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think Isobel paid the bill. After the meeting IJ was weeding and Fanny said ‘morning one’ so the restorer came to see IJ the very first morning she arrived. She’s the organ grinder in this situ. Mediator. Peace keeper.

After the big wide eyed speech about a much more costly RESTORATION bill she then went seamlessly into what she wants to REDECORATE. Every room needs new antique furniture, the landing (which looked fine in every shot) all needs new wallpaper, etc. Que next season’s Chateau DIY project. The grand tour showing what has been accomplished during the 18 months (or so?) that IJ has been away was basically second hand tat moved from one room to another, decorating for TV and a room stripped of plaster.

I’m intrigued to know why she’s investing so much in the garden?! What’s the gain for her? She’s tight with spending unless it’s interior decor or hotels so what’s with the thousands upon thousands on a garden view that can’t been seen directly from the main rooms of the Shiteau? Doesn’t add up to me.
The spending is due to some thrown about *fairytale* show showcasing that damp moldy dump👈 You can’t have events or parties in a non-existent garden. All those Grifting low life’s (yes I mean all of them) at the HMN and nobody could weed, they have to wait for elderly people to accomplish that simple task DISGUSTING all that nonsense of having gardeners 🙄 shysters

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Actually, they usually are tuned right before a workshop starts. It's not anything Stephanie Jarvis tires herself with though: the organizer(s) of the workshop arrange for a tuner to come by her HMN and pays him for his work.
My thirst for this kind of on-the-ground info is inordinate. It feels like sanity -- as well as the well-grounded speculations of people here who know stuff.
To remind, it is the number one project of authoritarian/fascist regimes to dethrone the idea that truth -- in the form of evidence, what our systems of justice and the rule of law rely upon -- has any existence.
As with the greatest tyrants, so with the small.
Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 3.08.48 PM.png

Reactions: 8

After the big wide eyed speech about a much more costly RESTORATION bill she then went seamlessly into what she wants to REDECORATE. Every room needs new antique furniture, the landing (which looked fine in every shot) all needs new wallpaper, etc. Que next season’s Chateau DIY project. The grand tour showing what has been accomplished during the 18 months (or so?) that IJ has been away was basically second hand tat moved from one room to another, decorating of a room for TV and a room stripped of plaster (which IJ was obviously not happy with).

The garden that never existed before is cheap compared to the other restoration projects, Davy’s work is free, it gives her a crapload of video minutes, and she thinks it is pretty. She also gets to spend more on statues, tables, etc. I think she is also making money on the trees cleared off the property. It also provides a distraction from the dump itself and Hiw it is crumbling away. The pond serves the same purpose.

Reactions: 21
You want him to wear more clothes? What’s wrong with you?
I'm just not a big fan of seeing hairy armpits at the dining table. Also, he has his elbow on the table, just in case you are one of those people who are very fussy about table manners. 🙈

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.