The Chateau Diaries #174 ''It wasn't $6,000, It was $5,000!'' said the insane chatelaine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she has more patrons but their contributions are getting a lot lower. People not prepared to be the higher contributors when sweet FA is getting done. They now learn again that the Chapel is on hold. Lake probably needing survey 2,050. Facade no word. Heating 3 log burners. China pantry on hold. Her office on hold. Big Sitting room just left in a state of chaos for 9 months. Natty's apartment on hold. Geris' apartment on hold. Potty's tower plastered but not painted. Marquis apartment nearly finished just need some new felt tips. Pink Shower room on hold. Van purchased never seen again. Terrace on hold (well if it doesn't fall down). Ian the longest hernia in history. Accountant never mentioned anymore. Oiseaux wallpaper nothing done. Floral curtains in one of the guest suites still up and clashing dreadfully. She needs to go into politics because she relies on everyone having a very short memory.
Interesting situation re the Patreons and a perplexing inventory. Quel un catastrophe!

Anyone willing to speculate if and when collective scales will fall from the eyes of Patreons?
Doesn’t she see that even the most devoted acolytes hated the Twirl Room, saw her lack of taste and priorities laid bare and that a majority cannot stomach her shopaholic, Mummy mocking Prince - PhiPhi?
Will Cougar Mama EVER see the schemozzle her continued absences and lack of a cohesive restoration plan/outcome create?
When will she drop the non paying ETTCDIY and satisfy her actual bread and butter Patreons?
How long can she paddle furiously under water before she keels over - exhausted and overcome by hubris and duplicity?

I‘ve been too occupied on the ‘Meghan Markle is a wanker/Harry is a traitor’ board here to have watched or drilled down on the latest fictional narrative at LaLande yet, however tattler synopses aren’t painting a pretty picture for Stepahnme. I’ve tried to allude to it in this thread, but I’m also sensing conflict over the ownership model may be a factor in her avalanche of personal spending. That and just plain old unbridled avarice, nurtured by an equally greedy boyfriend, means we’re seeing a devil may care scenario, a persistent overweening attitude, a torrent of obscene spending and insufferable self aggrandisement. Love, life and laughter are hardly to the fore!

She needs to calm the hell down and start acting maturely and responsibly before things really turn to custard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Look at this tit.

Ah, I don’t think I can stomach much more of this tit. She’s getting too much to bear now. You’ve all echoed my thoughts on her Patron bullshit, watching her lies actually made me angry. We called out the massive structural problem with the chapel months ago, she’s a liar. Also I hope Skullet isn’t there and she’s finally realised a tripod is much cheaper, quieter and doesn’t stain the headboard.
I hope this is all brought to a head soon because I think we’ve all had a guts full of her deception now.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I am just finding her bare faced cheek so stunning and I am getting so angry it is unreal, with her and all the bloody cult followers. Seriously they could catch her stealing from their Granny bags and they would excuse it. Do you think she has self awareness to know she is a robber? Does she like living on the edge? Does she think it is all A okay she isn't doing anything wrong? Or does she just think she can get away with it?
In a word, yes. She does think she can get away with and that she is entitled to do so.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She's had the cash flow to do it but she only sees it as her house and not a business. That is a mistake. I have thought to myself, if I had the money (where cost was no object), what would I do to Lalande to make her beautiful again.
imo she sees it as a business idea to line her pockets

• Heart
Reactions: 16
An excellent point.
I just hate to see them working so hard for so little remuneration. Well, same goes for Ardmore.
And this is the dilemma for community development schemes.
Perhaps the option to modernize is the best thing to develop.
The Nala family have kilns. One exhibitor is studying jewelry making at college and studied pottery with another modernizing/college-educated Zulu potter, Clive Sithole.
They need publicity with a truly excellent marketing campaign that features the history, artistry and dedication to traditional hand crafted techniques.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
@lyna, you are exactly right. If Stephanie didn’t paint herself into a corner with the foundation and accompanying accountability and promises, there might not be a Chateau Diaries Tattle forum. She did it to herself.
You know, this forum started out with a few of her best fans. Go back and read. It is where it is now. Disillusionment and just tired of her lies. Good Job Tattle

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Interesting situation re the Patreons and a perplexing inventory. Quel un catastrophe!

Anyone willing to speculate if and when collective scales will fall from the eyes of Patreons?
Doesn’t she see that even the most devoted acolytes hated the Twirl Room, saw her lack of taste and priorities laid bare and that a majority cannot stomach her shopaholic, Mummy mocking Prince - PhiPhi?
Will Cougar Mama EVER see the schemozzle her continued absences and lack of a cohesive restoration plan/outcome create?
When will she drop the non paying ETTCDIY and satisfy her actual bread and butter Patreons?
How long can she paddle furiously under water before she keels over - exhausted and overcome by hubris and duplicity?

I‘ve been too occupied on the ‘Meghan Markle is a wanker/Harry is a traitor’ board here to have watched or drilled down on the latest fictional narrative at LaLande yet, however tattler synopses aren’t painting a pretty picture for Stepahnme. I’ve tried to allude to it in this thread, but I’m also sensing conflict over the ownership model may be a factor in her avalanche of personal spending. That and just plain old unbridled avarice, nurtured by an equally greedy boyfriend, means we’re seeing a devil may care scenario, a persistent overweening attitude, a torrent of obscene spending and insufferable self aggrandisement. Love, life and laughter are hardly to the fore!

She needs to calm the hell down and start acting maturely and responsibly before things really turn to custard.

I'm straddling both threads too....

Reactions: 6
I am just finding her bare faced cheek so stunning and I am getting so angry it is unreal, with her and all the bloody cult followers. Seriously they could catch her stealing from their Granny bags and they would excuse it. Do you think she has self awareness to know she is a robber? Does she like living on the edge? Does she think it is all A okay she isn't doing anything wrong? Or does she just think she can get away with it?
I’m late to the party just watching the series about the Caddick woman who stole from friends and family in Australia. Can you imagine what cheek that took? I think people like this are psychopaths and crooks. They are narcissistic without real empathy or care for anyone. In the end that crazy lady left her son. Now, she sleeps with the fishes.

Reactions: 9
That thumbnail for the upcoming vlog!!! ugh if ever a face needed a slap, and more old whine in new bottles
She is looking up in the event that she gets struck down by lightning for ALL of her MANY lies!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
An excellent point.
I just hate to see them working so hard for so little remuneration. Well, same goes for Ardmore.
And this is the dilemma for community development schemes.
Perhaps the option to modernize is the best thing to develop.
The Nala family have kilns. One exhibitor is studying jewelry making at college and studied pottery with another modernizing/college-educated Zulu potter, Clive Sithole.
Here's a nice juicy contemporary PhD thesis on the history (among other things) of the struggle for black potters under apartheid, with a brief roundup of scholarly views on whether or nor Ardmore is "African" art.
I'm actively looking for the real charity to whom anyone interested in bona fide African ceramics -- not just tribal ones, but contemp practice as well -- should give their money. Ardmore isn't it.
Eugene Hön is a prominent South African ceramic sculptor. What's pressing about the SA art scene is the turbulence of the modernity and super interesting discussion of what is "African".
Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 1.09.34 PM.png

He goes on....

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 12.48.18 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
The chapel was tagged on Instagram by a B&B guest who stayed just over two weeks ago, no scaffolding then?! He waited until last week for IJ to come home so that’s a week timeframe for the illusive scaffolding to be erected. I’m not buying it.
6ED1BA61-CF18-467B-82A8-30B0D34D67AA.jpeg
87CAF786-5F43-488B-A672-3EC6C5865E32.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.