The Chateau Diaries #173 Patreon Day Might Be Season Finale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was a kid American actress Marlo Thomas worked with a group to create a record album called Free to Be You and Me about empowerment, good manners and being yourself. There was one story about an entitled little girl called “Ladies First”. Stephanie has always reminded me of that character. Here’s the story:
“Did you hear the one about the little girl who was a tender, sweet young thing?
Well, that's the way she thought of herself
And this tender, sweet young thing spent a great deal of time just looking in the mirror and saying:
"I am a real little lady. Anybody could tell that
I wear lovely starched cotton dresses with matching ribbons in my lovely curly locks
I wear clean white socks and shiny black patent leather shoes, and I always put just a dab of perfume behind each ear."
When she was at the end of the lunch line at school, all she had to say was:
"Ladies first, ladies first."
And she'd get right up to the front of the line
Well, her life went on like that for quite a while, and she wound up having a pretty good time
You know, admiring herself in mirrors and always getting to be first in line and stuff like that
And then one day she went exploring with a whole group of other people through the wilds of the deep and beastly jungle
As she went along through the tangled trails and the prickly vines, she would say things like:
"I have *got* to be careful of my lovely dress and my nice white socks and my shiny, shiny shoes and my curly, curly locks, so would somebody *please* clear the way for me?"
And they did
Or sometimes she'd say:
"What do you mean, there aren't enough mangoes to go around and I'll have to share my mango because I was the last one across that icky river full of crocodiles and snakes? No matter how last I am, it's still 'Ladies first, ladies first,' so hand over a whole mango, please."
And they did
Well then, guess what happened?
Out of nowhere, the exploring party was seized, grabbed up by a bunch of hungry tigers!
And these tigers tied all the people up and dragged them back to their tiger lair, where they sniffed around, trying to decide what would make the best dinner
"How about this one?" said the tiger chief
"Nah, too boney," said the others
"Well, what about this one? It's got a lot of meat on it!"
"Uh-uh. Meaty, but muscley."
"Oh, for heaven's sakes, don't take all night!" said the chief tiger. "I never saw such a pack of picky eaters. How about this one, then?"
"Looks tender... smells nice. In fact I never saw anything quite like it before. I wonder what it is?"
"I am a tender, sweet young thing."
"Oh, far out," said the tiger chief
"I am also a little lady. You should know that by my lovely clothes and my lovely smell
And if it's all the same to you, Tiger Tweetie, I wish you'd stop licking me
And untie me this instant! My dress is getting mussed."
"Yes... uh..." the tiger said. "Well, as a matter of fact, we were all just... uh... trying to decide who to untie first."
"Ladies first! Ladies first!" she said. And so she was
And mighty tasty, too”
😎😎😎
I remember that album well

He looks super handsome- Snorts will never look that good but take a cue and get rid of that awful hair!
Okay , who is CRW? Yes Snorts...that hair! Its out of control

Reactions: 6
Did anyone else notice the garden hose in the latest vlog of CD where Issabelle and Percy were being shown the garden behind the chapel? Does it prove they are watering with a drought water restriction going on?

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Percy had a different bandaid on his hand (another location).
SJ has bought more of the fancy folders for her paperwork and even bought a matching tissue box.
If SJ is only allowed to have five bnb rooms they must have bunk beds as there were quite a few people around that dinner table.
Wasn’t IJ a nurse in the Alzheimer’s homes? If so, she could be giving Percy infusions of something to help him. That might explain the bandaids or it’s simply the thin skin of poor elderly people 🥲

This Is what Fill-up needs to do
Join an Albanian Sex Trafficking operation or get a hair cut? 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I think Davy did a good job in talking her down from the disease-magnet box maze she wanted there. He's done a good job to create a plausible substitute that would survive the shade if not, perhaps, the drought.
It's one of the many ledges of bullshit he's talked her down from.
What he's doing there in the first place is a legit area of exasperated inquiry. As hopelessness is the enemy of justice, I tell myself that he's there to save the ancient lake.
But he's the only person there who says no to her on and off camera.
I'm for it.
Here's a full accounting of his proposed garden plan -- including a much less pretentious, local reference, to the Renaissance-style, world-famous, lady-designed, Chenonceau parterres for the marquis' side of the garden, instead of the inappropriate, baroque Versailles parterres she was gagging for. Davy has taste and kept telling her what she wanted was not only inappropriate but unsustainable in terms of water and labor-intensiveness.
I have no issue with Davy although the obsession with play mobile is a mystery but fits in with how childish most of the lielanders act. My issue is how nothing ever gets completed, and that the includes the pergola and all the other projects.

Yeah I noticed her being a little short with Mummykins, and Isabella was having none of her nonsense. I think Isabelle and Percy have been away too long living independent to fall in line at the Shiteau. This should be an interesting visit....already see the tention. :devilish:
I was confused too was the car automatic or standard? She was very snappy with mummy I probably would have been confused too with some berating me, while I try to figure out a new car

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
BACK TO “WORK”
Does “they” not own summer clothing???????

I have no issue with Davy although the obsession with play mobile is a mystery but fits in with how childish most of the lielanders act. My issue is how nothing ever gets completed, and that the includes the pergola and all the other projects.

Dutch landscaper isn’t too bright but he is packin. There is no way Fill-Up hasn’t serviced that garden snake!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It was worth watching Sunday’s vlog just to hear SJ call Support squirrel a moron loved it ,loved it ,loved it! @ 7:46

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I couldn't watch the birthday in bed flog, literally couldn't stomach it. There is something so off about someone of Fanny's age demanding this 'ceremony' for her, and cramming those old people in bed with her. Just ewww. Thankfully Phi Phi wasn't in there too, at least not in the thumbnail. Small blessings. It really does make me wonder why they indulge her every manic whim, it's almost as if they deliberately treat her as someone who isn't quite normal (no offence intended, can't think of a more neutral word) and needs careful handling. And so they all just go along with it because that's how to keep her happy. I'd love to know what she's like if she doesn't get her way, I bet it's not pretty!!
So she carries on pulling all the strings, no awareness of the real world, playing in her little bubble and surrounded by enablers. No wonder she's never grown up!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I think he just has it tied back. There’s no way he would cut off his hair.
No it's all cut off, read his own words here.

Reactions: 13

I was confused too was the car automatic or standard? She was very snappy with mummy I probably would have been confused too with some berating me, while I try to figure out a new car
My son is learning to drive atm... if I harangued him like that he'd have a panic attack!

Reactions: 19
I found today’s Chateau Diaries vlog cringeworthy and confusing. Considering Stephanie has 100% control over what we see, one wonders what she is playing at. It seems she would have us believe that her mother is a cranky old scold, yet we see Isabelle and Percy crammed in the backseat of an automobile completely unsuited for a long journey with two elderly passengers, thus causing us to feel sympathy for both of them. Then she chortles over the small bed her mother and Percy will presumably share (unless Percy has a separate room). Is Stephanie subconsciously trying to recreate the mistreatment of the elderly she witnessed her parents commit? Does she resent Percy replacing her father? Is she taking revenge on Isabelle by infantalizing her? Is she trying to weaponize Phillip as her partner in crime or merely setting him up for Isabelle’s wrath? That she is unaware of how the most casual observer can discern the tension obvious from today’s vlog demonstrates her utter lack of self-awareness, unless, which I doubt, she is playing a long game yet to be revealed.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I couldn't watch the birthday in bed flog, literally couldn't stomach it. There is something so off about someone of Fanny's age demanding this 'ceremony' for her, and cramming those old people in bed with her. Just ewww. Thankfully Phi Phi wasn't in there too, at least not in the thumbnail. Small blessings. It really does make me wonder why they indulge her every manic whim, it's almost as if they deliberately treat her as someone who isn't quite normal (no offence intended, can't think of a more neutral word) and needs careful handling. And so they all just go along with it because that's how to keep her happy. I'd love to know what she's like if she doesn't get her way, I bet it's not pretty!!
So she carries on pulling all the strings, no awareness of the real world, playing in her little bubble and surrounded by enablers. No wonder she's never grown up!
Moron? She called Snorts it so I guess it's allowed..

• Haha
Yeah I noticed her being a little short with Mummykins, and Isabella was having none of her nonsense. I think Isabelle and Percy have been away too long living independent to fall in line at the Shiteau. This should be an interesting visit....already see the tention. :devilish:
Maman can’t cope with the late rising that’s for sure. I’m with her. Sure they have a lot of editing to do, but, they need to sort their crap out and be up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Early bird catches the worm and you’re always going to miss developments if you hang around the boudoir. Stephanie should have her offices in the middle of the action.

Reactions: 16
I found today’s Chateau Diaries vlog cringeworthy and confusing. Considering Stephanie has 100% control over what we see, one wonders what she is playing at. It seems she would have us believe that her mother is a cranky old scold, yet we see Isabelle and Percy crammed in the backseat of an automobile completely unsuited for a long journey with two elderly passengers, thus causing us to feel sympathy for both of them. Then she chortles over the small bed her mother and Percy will presumably share (unless Percy has a separate room). Is Stephanie subconsciously trying to recreate the mistreatment of the elderly she witnessed her parents commit? Does she resent Percy replacing her father? Is she taking revenge on Isabelle by infantalizing her? Is she trying to weaponize Phillip as her partner in crime or merely setting him up for Isabelle’s wrath? That she is unaware of how the most casual observer can discern the tension obvious from today’s vlog demonstrates her utter lack of self-awareness, unless, which I doubt, she is playing a long game yet to be revealed.
You make some great points @EdwardFox
I believe all could be relevant 👍

I'm interested in how things look when SJ is angry or furious. She has to be sometimes.
I had a friend, a refined lady. Always dressed up, polite, big smile from ear to ear who never commented, argued or cursed. I thought that she was simply not capable of any kind of conflict until I heard a story in a company (people did not know that she was my friend) how she howls around the house, curses and says disgusting things to her husband. After that story, I know why everything was always as she wanted.
Maybe SJ is the same case. It's just easier to "do" the stupid thing she wants than to suffer the tantrums.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.