The Chateau Diaries #17 Royally-flushed: tales and tattles from the skeptic tank

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is possible that he gets up early and feeds the animals and then goes back to bed. SJ saying he gets up late like her probably ticks Selmar off, knowing that he works circles around SJ.
I think like so many of us, yes he's not a morning person but you suck it up and start work at a decent hour to get your 8 (or 7.5) hours in. I know it would tick me off to be lumped in with her lazy arse.

Reactions: 6
And me who asked why they chose to stay in such close proximity to the person that brought them so much pain. Do you know why, @Clara Burnett ?
After the ordeal with the homophobic volunteer (when my friends were send away, according to SJ and IJ for a ‘planned vacation’) they returned to the tit-o and tried to talk about it to SJ for months. They had already decided to buy their own place to avoid being dependent like that ever again and found their current cottage, which they moved to in November 2017. The plan was to stay in contact with SJ, who even asked one of them to keep running the B&B. He declined her ‘offer’ because he valued their friendship and thought it best not to combine that with business anymore, especially the way SJ runs it. SJ was invited for dinner at theirs and they were still invited to parties like the big Easter thing they do. The final fall out with SJ and her clan of admirers came a year after they had bought their cottage, in summer 2018, when they were blocked from her socials and accused of cyberbullying, because they responded to a misleading statement about homophobia SJ made. By then, they already made a home for themselves in the area. Since SJ hardly ever leaves the tit-o (she likes to live close to nature but not in it…) there’s hardly a big risk of running into each other.
@LaBrocanteuse Does this answer your question?

I doubt they are reading here btw, I’ve not seen any signs of that.

Omg anyone else catching the premier

Lotll is reworked her narrative
someone has gotten a media advisor

apparently now monies were her inheritance
Given early - how she bought the London flat

threads 🧵 have been dealt with in order
you have to hand it to her
chatelaine ..... it’s planet SSB
Still she hasn't explained where that inheritance money is coming from, how her parents who were both nurses got their hands on that kind of money. We've talked about granny farms before, no proof found yet, but still seems likely to me. I mean, like mother like daughter, right? Feeding of the elderly...

The early inheritance was the only new information I detected. I feel like everything else had been said before, just not as cohesively and with a tattle timeline. Nice work Steph. Here for it.
Nothing tattle about here timeline, unless you are talking about everything she left out, lied about or altered to make it more suppliant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Dantastic has left France, he’s put a vlog out about his marriage break up with Carol. It’s quite sad, fertility issues seems to be the reason he gives.
He’s looking for work, so anyone in the UK who needs drone footage give him a call.
Look, it IS sad, been there done that BUT I didn't mix my personal life with my professional life! No one I worked with had any idea that, among other things, I would pull the car over on the way to work because I was sobbing so hard I could no longer drive. It was several months before a work colleague asked 'oh are you and your husband no longer together?!'

Especially when his channel is (was) all about showcasing his professional aerial photography/videography.

Reactions: 3
I've taken the time to read some of Franks blog & Instagram. From what I can see he's a sensitive, kind man, not prone to drama & has a great talent for writing. I imagine he was deeply hurt by the aging wanna be princess & her cult, I too would have been hurt also.
The aging wanna be princess got lucky, Frank moved on, is living his life but who's to say the next victim won't fight back. We can only hope

• Heart
I’m always amazed at the amount of alcohol
SJ consumes. She can down a glass of Gin like she’s gulping water. This habit will not bode well for her. Her face will be the first to go.
She was seriously dehydrated during her Grey Gardens tour. Her skin looked like it was melting around the eyes. I really wish she would retire that summer dress but as she refuses to at the very least please for the love of god wear a winter coat with a waist line. She looked like she was smuggling peacocks with that hideous scarf out in the garden.
And while I’m in rant mode why is there no tarp or warning signs on that terrace? Seriously she goes on about the torrential rains the roof can handle and then skips to the waters running right through the terrace and creating more very serious and potentially dangerous damage.
And back to the ‘poor me’ saga. I was just so poor and destitute and couldn’t finish my renovations but for some reason I had to rush back for quarantine from the other side of the world because I had on like my 7th vacation of the year.
And could someone in the UK please do the research on Mummy and Daddy’s finances? We all know they were involved in the Granny Farming but there has got to be more graft with their dementia patients. How do they go from so very impoverished to having a 7 bedroom home in the UK and the SA house (which SJ skipped over) and her various London flats? Oh and lastly comparing her literal pile of rocks in the middle of nowhere to some of GB most illustrious Manor Houses is beyond fanciful. She really is going on an all out assault on the Patrons. So calculated on getting 5 euro crowd to pony up now.
I’ll be quiet now but Mojo please get an award ready to whomever can sort the mystery of the 7 bedroom mini manor house funding!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
So your boss didn't not stand up to you in front of a stupid client? Happend to all of us.
You thought your boss became your friend after a couple of years of working together and giving your best but then you realized he did not? Happend to all of us.
Your other "friends" chose the boss over you? Happened to all of us.
So what? Get over it. You are an adult now.
So homophobia is now just labelled as ‘something stupid’ happening to all of us? And asking your friends (yes, friendship came first) to help take care of your home so you don’t have to, makes you their boss, new privileges and all? What an interesting take on events passed! I’m sure SJ would completely agree with you.
In my book shaming people who had the courage to speak up into ‘get over it, you are an adult now’ is exactly the kind of misconduct driving people here.

• Heart
Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I should start a Patreon account
....my parents' townhouse that was built by a very prominent New Yorker in 1877 needs a new security system (with the crime rate rising in the city my family needs better protection). My 'mummy' also wants to replace the countertops in the kitchen (pink marble is so 1990s, white is the new pink). The gym in the basement needs new glass doors (the old French doors made of wood and glass are a bit outdated). The sidewalk in front of the house needs to be pressure-washed. The back garden also needs to be redone (we need to get it ready for spring so my mom can celebrate her 48th birthday in the garden---she wants a waterfall).

Become my patron and help restore this amazing piece of historical property on the Upper East Side.

;) ✌
What are you waiting for!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've taken the time to read some of Franks blog & Instagram. From what I can see he's a sensitive, kind man, not prone to drama & has a great talent for writing. I imagine he was deeply hurt by the aging wanna be princess & her cult, I too would have been hurt also.
The aging wanna be princess got lucky, Frank moved on, is living his life but who's to say the next victim won't fight back. We can only hope
Very prone to drama, but not in that way: he used to be a playwrigh and you’re right, very talented indeed. They have moved on indeed, as far as I can tell.

Reactions: 7
Also, when Michael Potts bought it, the chateau was valued, and it was the same price that Nic and Stef paid for it, 15 years earlier. Despite the £300,000 renovations.

I thought this latest vlog was ideal time to put a stop to the gifts being sent. As discussed previously, the Chateau must now be inundated with naf. She said in the vlog that people sent gloves, scarves etc thinking that they needed them, but they didn't. NOW, that would have been the ideal time to say, we've decided to put a stop to Chateau Unwrapped, please stop sending gifts, instead (as discussed here before) please donate to this or that charity (Save the Children etc) which is what Dan and Annaliese do.
I've stopped watching the Chateau Unwrapped vlogs after seeing the look in her eyes at the pile, and snatching a gift away from Phillip, I think. Grow the F*** up woman!

📼 Fast Forward with Frances 📼

Chateau Gossip
  • Apologies for not bringing up anything discussed before Stephanie's new vlog aired, but the new vlog has taken up much more of the airwaves here because it seemed to address (some here may say attempted to address) every single thing we talk about on this thread!?
  • Stephanie uploaded a vlog titled "How Youtube Saved My Chateau" which highlighted the financial journey Stephanie took to own the chateau, the extensive early renovations that were never filmed, how she struggled when her father died/mother left/Nic left, ETTCDIY and finally how youtube and patreon are each funding the physical and operational work at the chateau.
Takeaways:
  • She mentioned during her 'dark' time, she lived on the property with caretakers in the what I think is now Nic and Marie's apartment. She seemed to emphasize how hard that time was for her, how she wasn't in a good place, she was struggling etc. I wonder if she is alluding to the fact that maybe she regrets her behavior back then? And perhaps she regrets the way things ended with the caretakers mentioned, who we know to be the original tall Dutch men?
  • She mentioned the Elusive Nic was against Cadeaux at the Chateau before it became a charity channel.
  • She enlightened us with the fact that Angelina and Phil of Chateau Life had their youtube channel first which ... ouch that must hurt them. Judge her all you want but it's obvious Stephanie is skilled at presenting/hosting/interviewing/whatever because she has been extremely successful. and for Michael's channel to literally explode on the platform ... oh gosh. I had always thought Stephanie was the first and everyone copied her because it worked! Guess not 😬
  • Personal opinion here - I kind of love that Stephanie paid for the bulk of the renovations and is now the one raking in the $$ over Nic and Michael. ✌Girl Power ✌
  • You can clearly see the connection she is making to the concept of taking other people's money to preserve an old building. Some tattlers feel she glossed over the whole "having to pay people a decent wage to work in fancy buildings brought down the industry", alluding more towards taxes being the issue.
    • I see both ends of the debate here. Opening up these estates to help preserve them does make sense, but is the reality of the lives of the people who *worked* at these estates, ran them etc. being erased so we can all fantasize about the glamour of the land owners?
    • Here is where there is a bit of confusion for me personally - many estates that have families live in them and run them as businesses, retreats, weddings, events, b&bs etc, but the idea of staying at a chateau to spend time with the people who live there? Does that mean the staff have "eat with the guests" as part of their job description? Will they not be allowed to leave if guests are there? Will Stephanie have to plan her post covid travel escapades around the stays of her patrons so she can eat dinner with them? That is very confusing to me ... also scary! In America so many youtubers are stalked and harassed by fans. I hope the safety of her staff and herself are considered before they move forward with this...
  • Confirmed Dan + Selmar are paid by patreon, Nati and Philip are paid by youtube revenue
  • She made a point to let viewers know she offered Marie a paying job to cook at the chateau over the summer, but does not mention if she has/has not been paying Marie for the whole time Marie has been at the chateau in the pandemic.
  • Stephanie was given inheritance from her parents house, which helped her pay for the early renovations on the chateau. The sale of two apartments (hers + Nics) were what gave them the $ to pay for the chateau itself.
  • Michael Potts only bought into the chateau in 2019
    • this surprised me! I had always thought he had been involved a bit longer
  • Chapel restoration, terrace work, THE LAKE - all in the process of happening, some builders are already scheduled and will arrive in March
  • The facade seems to be in the pipeline as well, but nothing scheduled or planned yet
  • Mentioned that all exterior walls do have insulation BUT they did not (or do not?) have all the windows double glazed, so the geo thermal heat is not as effective.
  • The chateau has a great roof, chapel roof on the other hand was a mess and was the very first renovation they made at the request of the previous owners.
  • Gravel is pink because it was recommended to them to choose a gravel that matched the original stonework
  • She links to youtube channels and instagram accounts of other chateau owners to hopefully spread some love.
    • Personal opinion - I think she addressed the criticism the right way. Now some may think she is still not being honest, grifting whatever etc etc. BUT from a "trying to run a business" perspective. She did not point fingers. She did not complain. She did not disparage anyone. She came across as honest and sincere (whether you think she is, thats to each of our own opinions), she didn't intentionally send any of her followers here!! Whether she meant to or not, she answered legitimate questions that have been raised here that her fans may have read when Michael and Ryan sent them over here. Some here may still have questions, but I bet her patrons are pretty satisfied.
Please quote and add what I missed! XO
I LOVE the fact that she is actually being put to work in having to answer questions. It must really wind her up that she is having to be answerable to people. You know like someone who gets money for doing something is accountable to the person giving them the money - sort of an alien concept to her as it sounds a bit like when you have a job!! As for this -
  • Personal opinion here - I kind of love that Stephanie paid for the bulk of the renovations and is now the one raking in the $$ over Nic and Michael. ✌Girl Power ✌
It is not girl power to spend her inheritance that was earned by her father doing a job of work. Girl power is earning your own dosh & working & paying your way in the world. She's also bummed off Nic & Michael who do work as well as keep a roof over her head. So I guess if she lives there 365 days a year & they use it as a holiday home that she should pay for the bulk of the repairs? Shes just making up a backstory now and I find it funny that she must be having to sit with a list of questions being asked on here & having to invent a tale to cover what she's being getting away with for years.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I have zero personal experience with botox. I have had people from work explain that whoever looks that way in zoom meetings because of botox. I work from home don't get out of my extremely small community much. So is this what botox does to the face?. Because I really don't see how it helps.
I owned a cosmetic clinic for 10 years (among other things we did laser hair removal and botox and fillers) - she has definitely had some work done recently- I would say for the latest ETTCDIY filming. We always considered it a failure if someone looked 'worked'. You would be surprised how many have it that one would never guess. Anyhoo back to the topic in hand - my view is that whoever did it, did a good job, she can still raise her eyebrows but when she does, her forehead doesn't all wrinkle up. If you are comparing images, also look around her eyes - we call those 'smile lines' 'crows' or 'crows feet', you will see the lines are shorter, they don't extend down her face. I haven't bothered to check out the images re her cheeks and chin but, certainly, fillers can be used in those areas. If done well, fillers in the cheeks will also lift a saggy jowl making a younger/shaper jaw line - tho I don't really think SSB needs that.
I used to have botox in my masseters (jaw muscles) it stopped me grinding my teeth and stopped the severe headaches the grinding would induce. If you are interested, look up some of the medical benefits of botox e.g. it's use treating limb spasticity, urinary incontinence due to bladder overactivity.
I also have resting witch face, but with botox noone ever said (again) 'oh cheer up'! Grrrr.

Reactions: 15
I think you underestimate what you can make on air b&b with a flat in London. She was probably making several thousand a month if she rented by the day. There are people that were making tens of thousands a month with a couple properties. It’s was getting to be real problem where I live, as it is a very popular tourist destination
In the video from a couple of years ago when Gerry was helping her the place was truly a UK version of Grey Gardens. The silk curtains had disintegrated and all of the terrace plants were dead. Cannot imagine what her hostess ratings could have been.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
[
I think you underestimate what you can make on air b&b with a flat in London. She was probably making several thousand a month if she rented by the day. There are people that were making tens of thousands a month with a couple properties. It’s was getting to be real problem where I live, as it is a very popular tourist destination
If you don't actually act as a host then you have to ensure that it is kept up together by someone else. I cannot for the life of me think that SJ would pay for anyone to do that for her & from the visit when she had Gerry cleaning her windows the place was riddled with grime & cobwebs & moth holed curtains. Probably blocked out whole months as being booked just in case she, or one of her friends wanted to use it as a crash pad. As usual not being remotely businesslike. If she was serious about making money from it then she would rent it out properly though an agent (maybe Philly could help her) & have a regular income from it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sixty acres should be generating some income.
They get free honey and bee stings. Ahahah

In the video from a couple of years ago when Gerry was helping her the place was truly a UK version of Grey Gardens. The silk curtains had disintegrated and all of the terrace plants were dead. There wasn’t even a dining room table or a scrap of Fortuny fabric to be found. Cannot imagine what her hostess ratings could have been.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I should start a Patreon account
....my parents' townhouse that was built by a very prominent New Yorker in 1877 needs a new security system (with the crime rate rising in the city my family needs better protection). My 'mummy' also wants to replace the countertops in the kitchen (pink marble is so 1990s, white is the new pink). The gym in the basement needs new glass doors (the old French doors made of wood and glass are a bit outdated). The sidewalk in front of the house needs to be pressure-washed. The back garden also needs to be redone (we need to get it ready for spring so my mom can celebrate her 48th birthday in the garden---she wants a waterfall).

Become my patron and help restore this amazing piece of historical property on the Upper East Side.

;) ✌
Could you do a vlog with Mummy where you allude to her mental health being affected by the reflection from the pink marble worktop? Or perhaps mention that it was your childhood dream to own a pressure washer in the hope that one day you would be able to use it to clean the sidewalk. I think dark times brought on by the fear of rising crime rate meaning your family now need bullet proof vests to sleep in so it would be absolutely dahling if you could open a parcel with some in that have been posted by Thelma in TX. Maybe a tear rolling down your cheek when you sketch the waterfall you would love to be able to give Mummy but you have to make the tough decision about what to spend your $ on. Tattinger, Moet or Bollinger? I'd go for it - where do I sign.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
So homophobia is now just labelled as ‘something stupid’ happening to all of us? And asking your friends (yes, friendship came first) to help take care of your home so you don’t have to, makes you their boss, new privileges and all? What an interesting take on events passed! I’m sure SJ would completely agree with you.
In my book shaming people who had the courage to speak up into ‘get over it, you are an adult now’ is exactly the kind of misconduct driving people here.
Thank you @Clare burnett - for really making me step back and think. I'm a woman who was born in the 60s, I got an accountancy degree, did my best to 'break' the glass ceiling, became a business owner, working mother etc. I was subjected to sexual abuse but it was SO normal that although I fought against it, I never viewed it as 'abusive'. I have developed the view 'oh toughen up, I've had guys grab my pussy, I'm fine '. But, thank you, it's not acceptable, I don't want my daughter or granddaughter to be subjected to that tit. or anyone for that matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.