The Chateau Diaries #167 SJ and PJ's love child would be... A cabbage bowl wearing a 100 stars scarf...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also think Fanny is taking her viewers and patrons totally for granted and we all know whatever is taken for granted will eventually be taken away.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Well, my dear friends, there you have it: Stephanie Jarvis’ version of ‘Let them eat cake’. So her patrons want renovations? She’ll show them some decorating, in her worst ever attempt of interior design even I have ever witnessed. Her patrons want to know if she signs their cards herself? She’ll show them, sitting quietly in a corner while her loving boyfriend does the ‘hard work’ of framing her little offcuts of fabric. Her patrons want to see her work? She’ll tell them she has been doing all this research about the valuable toiles she owns/bought/grifted and she ‘shares’ the hidden information she herself has brought into daylight by writing it on the back of the frames for aaaaaaaallll visitors to enjoy. And while she’s at it, she does not spill any opportunity to poke some fun at Dan for having developed PTSD from staying in her now favorite because upgraded room in the filthy attic, that at best used to be a servant's bedroom and by adding her pink puke she has not renovated anything but in fact has brought it further away from reality.
But wait, never mind the storyline of having spend the day decorating: in the car to go to the pizza place she shares having had a horrible day of admin and we wouldn't believe the amount of paperwork she had to deal with! The only paperwork we have seen in her flog are the patron cards, so I guess it is safe to say that Stephanie Jarvis now also blames the French bureaucratic government for having to sign those?
I know there are still people out there who don’t see this woman for the fraud she has always been, but I’m having a real hard time believing it when Stephanie Jarvis herself is offering proof of it in every poorly edited attempt of showing us how fabulous her life is. It's not, it's miserable and she deserves every second of it.
she is also beginning to make snide digs and comes across as churlish and resentful

Reactions: 26
she is also beginning to make snide digs and comes across as churlish and resentful
Good, because that's exactly what she is. No amount of love or laughter will ever disguise that in the end.

I also think Fanny is taking her viewers and patrons totally for granted and we all know whatever is taken for granted will eventually be taken away.
True, but whenever that happens, she would still say she was successful once and grifted for over a million. Taking it a way doesn't cut it, I'm afraid. She needs to be hold accountable.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Camilla's contrived accent is grating - she is clearly trying to disguise her middle class Southampton roots. It's more annoying than NoNut's attempts at RP. Gobbling Ollie is just drippy. The newcomer, Matt has to be related to Hanni! There's such a strong physical resemblance and he certainly appears to be neurodivergent. All that talk about "gingers" was actually very creepy - I don't think he's going to find a new partner anytime soon.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Still see FRK in a different light - from wined & dined at Lelande & happy at the attention, she then went to Suffolk to SJ's cousin where she showed getting installed & painting her room (similar to the Haworhset-up) & working in a hotel, going back & forth to France for parties etc. Her own family was near but seemed alien to her Finding next connection at Lelande with Nikki & family who welcomed her & helped to set up her studio & flat in the Haworth community where she was welcomed & not exploited. How long did that last? 2 months & she was off whingeing in Oslo after they paid for her Xmas air ticket home. Still restless in Spring she took advantage of Nikki's French cottage, but various strained ankles set her back & after chateaux walkabouts with Nikki she went back to Norway.
As I see it in Aussie speak she had a Fair Go to start over multiple times without being anyone's unpaid volunteer. She is just a stubborn girl who will not acknowledge she's not got a talent or background for filming/editing or even floristry. And I'm sorry to even say it. It's not enough to go round with a camera focused on random flowers or plastic coffee cups, crying for sympathy.

I'm not defending people here till eternity but that Caroline Gooder identity has been taken over by stupid Philip with his list of accomplishments & an attempt at humour when he says that he's better at piano playing than SJ. Even on the spectrum & watching twice that was OTT by him not her.
What's happened to the urbane Ollie I found entertaining in the CD's of yore & called Thomas's bluff when he was maniacally blogging for his own fragile ego as a volunteer? He is now like a ventriloquist 's dummy for Camilla with a popping blazer button, apologizing for their lack of techie knowhow. Who's left standing ? Amaury..for how long??
With regard to Marie I guess I'll give you this reply which was posted in April 2022.
NotAChatelaine said:
I have spent rather too long today reading FRK,'s blog, starting with her arrival at Lalande as a Workawayer towards the end of September 2018. There's a certain amount of self-congratulatory twaddle served alongside self-flagellating introspection and confessional claptrap. There are many contradictions in terms of her hopes and fears. The peaks of happy Marie and the troughs of unhappy Marie. However, the overriding feeling was that she had found her niche at Lalande.

Yes, there are fragilities and her return to Lalande in 2020 didn't 'recreate what she had before when she and Stephanie were very close (who knows how close). She seemed to arrive with a truckload of emotional baggage in 2020.. Having said that said that, Marie strikes me as being something of a street fighter.who isn't afraid to play dirty. She happily uses emotional blackmail. Nothing alters my opinion that FRK is not some sweet, put-upon victim, preyed on by an evil SJ. She is manipulative, sly, cunning and conniving. She uses people, abuses their generosity (literally and metaphorically) and misuses their kindness.

Her hypothyroidism is mentioned several times in the blog, including her decision to stop medication and rely upon a change in diet to manage the condition. I'm no clinician but it seems to me that it was the worst possible choice to make without seeking medical advice at the time. The peaks and troughs of her moodiness were surely exacerbated by the chemical imbalance from which she suffers. She can use her condition as a reason for some of her demeanour and deluded aspirations but, please, never use it as an excuse when there's treatment available.

Goodness knows what will become of her. I hope - I'm not all about bashing her, as tiresome I think her - she steps back from social media, rethinks her future plans and cleanses herself of the toxic environment in which she both found herself and fed on, all while seeking professional/clinical advice.

I'm not attaching screenshots of extracts from specific blog posts as there are too many that stuck out, just a link to the blog itself - I used the search function in my browser to pinpoint keywords when I went back re-read 1 or 2 bits (astonishing as that may seem!) and also to find September 2018 without endless scrolling.

https://mariewiik.com
I thought we'd come to the conclusion that Jarvis picks people up & drops them on repeat? Or have I got that wrong? Lots of examples of those who were the flavour of the month and who have been lost along the way. Now it looks like Dan is in the wash cycle waiting to be hung out to dry.
I'm currently reading a book & story starts with someone where friendship seems to have gone disasterously wrong. A line in it really struck a chord with me :-
"I hadn't just lost my best friend. I'd lost my best self too".
It is a devastating feeling when the realisation hits that you have been duped by someone & you have lost yourself in the process. To have been raised up to think you're brilliant and you look so pretty Marie and your arrangements are stunning..blah blah only to realise it was all lies.
I agree Marie is a bit weedy (pardon the pun). She needs to get her act together and be a grown up. But she was well and truly led up the garden path (blimey another pun) by Fanny and unceremoniously dropped. I don't see a sly person at all - but maybe I'm easily fooled.
This vlog about Fanny from 2019 shows how far she'd been sucked in, now 3 years later Fanny is changing travel plans to avoid seeing her. And in all honesty I can't see what Marie has done to Fanny to warrant this behaviour apart from Marie having the audacity to leave. How dare she. That's it the queen has banished you now never to return you wretch. A genuine friend would have sat down with Marie, told her that she will always be a friend of the Chateau but that she needs to find her own way now. There isn't room for her to come back, but you will do everything you to can to help and support her wherever she ends up. Let down kindly perhaps.
Anyway I know others just think she's a wet dollop!!

She was Fanny's number one 1. Her vlogs showed someone who worked hard for her, painting ceilings, cooking for workshops, sorting out the garden, sorting out the email bookings etc. In essence she was a combination of a workaway, cook, Natti & what she thought was a valued friend.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Camilla's contrived accent is grating - she is clearly trying to disguise her middle class Southampton roots. It's more annoying than NoNut's attempts at RP. Gobbling Ollie is just drippy. The newcomer, Matt has to be related to Hanni! There's such a strong physical resemblance and he certainly appears to be neurodivergent. All that talk about "gingers" was actually very creepy - I don't think he's going to find a new partner anytime soon.
Mat seems to be a creepy, manipulative person. It'll be interesting to see how he pans out. People who ingratiate themselves so quickly are the ones to watch.

• Wow
  • Heart
Good, because that's exactly what she is. No amount of love or laughter will ever disguise that in the end.

True, but whenever that happens, she would still say she was successful once and grifted for over a million. Taking it a way doesn't cut it, I'm afraid. She needs to be hold accountable.
I completely agree with you she is behaving in the most disgusting way, thinking patrons are now an annoyance/inconvenience to what she wants to do. She shows utter contempt for them posting the video at such an unGodly hour. Ages ago she made a big deal about everyone sitting together over an evening meal, as being very important. Now with her little pubic hair toy she is living like upstairs downstairs, she no longer mingles, they are isolated up there in their hideous red tower. No one is giving her advice and forget smoke and mirrors the two little twats are just blowing smoke up each others arses. Phi Phi is young and very foolish and can't believe the meal ticket/pleasure ride he is on so no one is telling Fanny to do the right thing and crack on with some renovations. I have been renovating for two years and I can strip a bedroom of wallpaper carpets, have it plastered, clean and decorated in a week hanging a few poxy pictures takes a couple of hours.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
They claim they have been working on the twirl room for a WEEK!

In a week time I could clear out the room, remove wallpaper, sand down and wax the floor, paint the walls and window frames white, wash and iron all the soft fabrics, frame the twirl, upholster a stool, deep clean the room and put all the furniture back. I could do this on my own, without an extra pair of hands for help. Let alone 2 people!

Ah you beat me to it! But yeah my thoughts exactly!
I could use you at my house. When can you come?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Well if she is shearing the sheep or cooking for the shearers....... she won't know what hit her!!!! :ROFLMAO:
Can you imagine her amongst those big brawny guys and gals serving up her crap little food? tit there would be a riot and a walk off. Gone are the days of brown stews and spuds, it's all about nutrition, bulk and variety now. For our NZ friends imagine the big Maori shearers over here surviving on little tit bits of food? Her tears wouldn't save her in this situation.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
At some point in the last several days, someone here posted a screenshot of comments after one of Stephanie's vlogs. I can't find it now, but in these comments was a post from a Patron who said she was running out of time, that she really wanted to attend Patron Days but she had heard nothing at all from Stephanie or Natti about which day she would be signed up for.

That makes me so upset! You know Stephanie or Philip see these types of comments - this one wasn't the only one we've seen - when they're scrubbing the comments. How many more people are out there who want to attend yet haven't received a response? It feels like they are handpicking who they want to attend....if you're not one of their favorites or higher paying Patrons, you just won't get a response. In other words, this Patron Day fiasco is just an excuse to hold yet another party on the Patron dime (maybe even the French dime, too, as I'm sure it's a write-off for tax purposes) to celebrate Princess Stephanie and all the life, love and laughter she has brought to HER OWN life!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
KiKiGee, post: 11048737, member: 216710
All their premieres are at the same time.👌

Manor and Maker, Chateau Adventures in France
19 hours ago
Hello all! A couple of technical difficulties on our side, combined with YT's checks taking a lot longer than normal means we will post the video tomorrow afternoon. Apologies for the delay... just when we were getting on a regular Tuesday night schedule!

yawn feast , and stilted asf kinda watchable on speed of 1.75 and congrats on yet another luxury item camellia a dishwasher.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Nah- a sheep station in Oz!
FRK would last 5 minutes with all the flies, snakes, vermin, the heat, the mud, the dust, the swearing, the isolation and no flower deliveries. 😫
It’s not bloody McCleod’s Daughters I can assure you

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
At some point in the last several days, someone here posted a screenshot of comments after one of Stephanie's vlogs. I can't find it now, but in these comments was a post from a Patron who said she was running out of time, that she really wanted to attend Patron Days but she had heard nothing at all from Stephanie or Natti about which day she would be signed up for.

That makes me so upset! You know Stephanie or Philip see these types of comments - this one wasn't the only one we've seen - when they're scrubbing the comments. How many more people are out there who want to attend yet haven't received a response? It feels like they are handpicking who they want to attend....if you're not one of their favorites or higher paying Patrons, you just won't get a response. In other words, this Patron Day fiasco is just an excuse to hold yet another party on the Patron dime (maybe even the French dime, too, as I'm sure it's a write-off for tax purposes) to celebrate Princess Stephanie and all the life, love and laughter she has brought to HER OWN life!
I also think even patrons are afraid to question or criticise anything. In my opinion she is getting ready to close this all down and only appear on Channel 4 and move on to another grift. The silly thing is if she had done the right thing, really grafted she would have a restored chateau and I would bet, a presenting job on Channel 4 by now. She was by far the most popular Chateau owner in the beginning, charismatic, fun but they won't touch her now she has become a hot potato. She has literally pissed this golden opportunity up the wall and shown herself to be dishonest and really rather unpleasant, in my opinion. Just think if she had cracked on with projects and done what she had promised we wouldn't be scrutinising, we would still be watching. She created something and then ruined it due to her own avarice, but she may well have the last laugh and have bank accounts stuffed with patrons money.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
I completely agree with you she is behaving in the most disgusting way, thinking patrons are now an annoyance/inconvenience to what she wants to do. She shows utter contempt for them posting the video at such an unGodly hour. Ages ago she made a big deal about everyone sitting together over an evening meal, as being very important. Now with her little pubic hair toy she is living like upstairs downstairs, she no longer mingles, they are isolated up there in their hideous red tower. No one is giving her advice and forget smoke and mirrors the two little twats are just blowing smoke up each others arses. Phi Phi is young and very foolish and can't believe the meal ticket/pleasure ride he is on so no one is telling Fanny to do the right thing and crack on with some renovations. I have been renovating for two years and I can strip a bedroom of wallpaper carpets, have it plastered, clean and decorated in a week hanging a few poxy pictures takes a couple of hours.
Can you imagine her amongst those big brawny guys and gals serving up her crap little food? tit there would be a riot and a walk off. Gone are the days of brown stews and spuds, it's all about nutrition, bulk and variety now. For our NZ friends imagine the big Maori shearers over here surviving on little tit bits of food? Her tears wouldn't save her in this situation.
I follow @whats_for_smoko on insta. She makes morning teas everyday for the farm workers/shearing gang on a NZ South Island sheep farm. Lots of food and she shares great recipes too.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
More twirl! Wheeeeeee

Cougar mama and the waiter can’t have really read our criticism of the taste quotient of the Toile Room, although I note they’ve moved the stark white oval frame from above the bed!
WTF was she thinking doubling down on kitsch, going for broke on twirl? Who in their right mind takes many and varied off cuts, puts them in cheap frames, plonks them on a wall and calls it decorating? I only hope Christie’s weren’t watching. When I think of the gorgeous Suzanna SALK ON Quintessence and channels like Arch. Digest, I shudder imagining where Cougar Mama sees herself sitting? That room disgusts me. I find it hard to imagine what they are doing. Others have said (and I concur) that it’s filthy and in need of a deep clean and paint. I couldn't and wouldn’t sleep in a filthy room like that. Knowing that the kept boy was sitting on and then ripping frames apart on the bedspread, dropping tacks, thinning hair and possibly dandruff all over the show makes me fair puke. The lack of taste, vision, cleanliness and professionalism beggars belief.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Couple of life lessons for Fanny as we know she reads here:

The Lion and the Mouse: No act of kindness is Ever Wasted.
The Story: A Lion is fast asleep until a Mouse wakes him up. The Lion opens his big jaw to swallow him. But the Mouse begs the Lion to think again, as he may become useful in the future. The Lion laughs the idea off and lets him go. Sometime later, the Lion is caught in a trap by some Hunters. At that moment the same little Mouse walks by and notices the Lion trapped. He walks up and chews the rope to free the Lion. The Mouse smiles and says, was I not right?

The Lesson: Little friends may prove great friends. You never know who will prove to be useful in the future. It is best to maintain great relationships with everyone and to be kind to all. You never know where your kindness could lead you!
The Dog and the Shadow: Be happy With What You Have.
The Story: A Dog is walking home with a piece of meat in his mouth. On his way home he crosses a river and looks into the water. He mistakes his own reflection for another Dog and wants his meat also. But as he opens his mouth, the meat falls into the river and is never seen again.

The Lesson: It is foolish to be greedy. Everyone wants more! Of course we always strive to be better and have bigger things. But it’s important to reflect on the things you do have and not take them for granted. Because one day you might end up with nothing but regrets of things you could have done.
The Ants and the Grasshopper: Work Hard and Play Hard!
Next, on our list of Life Lessons From Aesop’s Fables is the one that I like!

The Story: A Grasshopper spends his summer singing and dancing, while a team of Ants have worked hard all summer collecting food for the winter. He doesn’t understand why the Ants work so hard. When winter comes, the Grasshopper finds himself dying of hunger and see’s the ant serving up food to survive. He then understands why the Ants were working so hard.

The Lesson: There’s a time for work and a time for play! Just because you don’t think something is important right now, doesn’t mean you should ignore it or put it off. It’s okay to have fun, but make sure your work is done before! Always be prepared for what’s ahead!

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.