The Chateau Diaries #161 Proceed with caution, Demented Diabolical Damsel of Disaster ahead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that a British thing to not get paid for TV? I noticed on the Great British Bake Off, nobody gets paid and the winner doesn’t get money. Just a trophy and flowers. In the US there is always a cash prize

Reactions: 15
Vivienne gave Steph a run for her money showing the piece of wallpaper going up or not in her bathroom, see from 27 mins (sorry do not know how to cut and paste You Tube bit of video).

Reactions: 10
I agree. No matter what, Dan doesn’t seem like someone to drift away quietly.
I actually see him just running of to another oil rigg for a year or two to make some money.
I don't see him staying in France, even if Analiese with kids should stay there. Excuse will be he wants to provide for them and the vlogs are not bringing any money since he can't film at LaLande anymore.
Imo his best option anyway

Reactions: 20
I thought she said they weren't going to cut them but they wouldn't use the smaller panels at the bottom they would replace with wide skirting.
God knows what she said or didn't say, it's always a great confusion and smoke and mirrors.

Reactions: 12
Vivienne gave Steph a run for her money showing the piece of wallpaper going up or not in her bathroom, see from 27 mins (sorry do not know how to cut and paste You Tube bit of video).
Yes she looked very professional with the smoothing tool and obviously knew where the placement should be for the pattern continuation. I would have started next to the window but then again I know nothing about wallpapering.

I see Annalise is promoting M&M in her stories. They are all in it together.

Attachments

Reactions: 22
I have to add, Jarvis falls for an ancient and puerile decorating idea -- along the lines of Pheeph's porcelain brown bag vase -- that painting the inside of a turret red is kicky, youthful, and hip. Like reupholstering those Louis Farouk chairs in velvet leopard skin to match the Nazi kitsch Ardmore vase. Sorry, but that's an old decorators' trick -- thinking Mario Buatta, 80s -- to persuade the nouveaux riche who cannot be weaned from Louis Farouk to make some attempt to appear as if they weren't flatlining interior-decorator-wise. It's like lime green golf pants.
It is totally granny tat ethos.

Reactions: 21
The only place that paneling will look good is on the bonfire.
Na, the paneling could look beautiful in the correct setting and properly restored. The problem really is just the room around it.

It needs:

- a smooth floor - either wood parquet or polished stone. Not rough terracotta tiles.
- a heigh ceiling. The paneling will make the ceiling look lower than it is, so it needs extra height to begin with
- light. It will make the room look darker, even with the white base colour, ground floor is not a good starting point.

If one looks through châteaux from the era of the paneling, the ground floor is often garden/stone themed, maybe a grotto which opens to the gardens etc. The paneling is to be found in the belle étage, not the ground floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Not a bad idea. Besides, if Dan was so inclined he could also vlog about the daily life on an oil rig.

Reactions: 12
When does the tour de France pass through the Berry area? Anyone know? I think last year someone mentioned the chateau was shown on TV.

And it seems some are taking sides. Team Annalise!
I’m team neutral until/if the facts get revealed.

Reactions: 22
What if the person who reported him is the true flying monkey and wad trying to shut him down before he spilled too much?
Agree, wouldn’t be surprised. That person has been silent (no comments) for the last few days but lurking. Also, this isn’t their first incarnation here…was on Tattle before under a different name and stirred things up then, too.

Reactions: 35
I am not going to comment too much about this, but I will say this: she f'ed up with Dan big time and it will come back to bite her, and not just in the butt.
Noted. Not forgetting the crotch flashing footage she took of Dan while driving the dumper with one foot on the dashboard.
Was Annelise staying in granny's apt at Cap d'Adge?
I got a huge whiff of brimstone off Annelise's IG when I read about her vacay at "our friend's apartment" there. She's really licking somebody's boots in those posts. On the other hand, poor girl.

Attachments

Reactions: 16
Agree, wouldn’t be surprised. That person has been silent (no comments) for the last few days but lurking. Also, this isn’t their first incarnation here…was on Tattle before under a different name and stirred things up then, too.
Yeeeah. And and did you see how I ve been the only one called out by that tattler? That really hurt.
That was actually a group effort last time.

Reactions: 15
La Lande is also the wrong period for the panelling so the beams in the ceiling are the real issue-it is crazy

Reactions: 18
Disney princess panelling is exactly her speed.
It's where Manor and Maker started out.
Steve and Sarah's Disney scam:

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.