The Chateau Diaries #160 A Slugabed & an Ultracrepidarian Fudgel all day. More Is More.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And please people, you didn't Seen something. You saw it or have seen it. As in " I seen a ghost". Drives me mad....or as my friend says. "Its not a drive its a short walk". And I can barely watch Julie Montague she says the word " literally ". Like literally every fifth word. Whilst I am at it. Who says whilst? Is this common as I have never heard it in real life. .
It seems to be a millennial thing - almost all young people on vlogs seem to use 'literally' ALL THE TIME. It's most definitely annoying. They also bang on about being 'OBSESSED' with things - when they really mean, they really like something.

I hate waiting for the pizza guy.. but my entry door is at the backside of the house and they don’t know that.. I hope that young Turkish guy delivers again..

View attachment 1409494
PONIES!!!!!!!!!! :love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Ayn Vaughan

2 minutes ago
Philip’s Hedgehog Army needs to have a scavenger hunt for patron day… take pics hedgehogs listed and the first person to return with all the hedgehogs listed they get a prize. Kind of like Pokémon circa 2016 chasing hedgehogs around the château for proof.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
And please people, you didn't Seen something. You saw it or have seen it. As in " I seen a ghost". Drives me mad....or as my friend says. "Its not a drive its a short walk". And I can barely watch Julie Montague she says the word " literally ". Like literally every fifth word. Whilst I am at it. Who says whilst? Is this common as I have never heard it in real life. .
I have to own up to this as I do use whilst. Not sure how common it is, but I don’t look at it as unusual. May be an age thing as I have been around since Methuselah.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Well, apparently La Jarvis and her motley minions read here, and the spiel about the Tack Room apartment on the Lalande website still refers to the apartment's entrance being off the "principle coutyard", despite it being highlighted by Tattle (ok, by me!) more than once.
she did an English degree at Oxford too

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Annalise (bless her heart) over uses ‘literally’ as well

Reactions: 16
I was just thinking today that we haven't seen you here in a while. Glad to hear it was a successful visit. I’m sure the whole town is talking about your visit. I imagine in small towns word travels fast.
You don’t happen to have the info to report the peacock inbreeding? Im sick of witnessing this abuse and want to report her.
I just learned of that when I got back. You can totally report her. The more people that do the better. One would not her thinking we are picking on her.

Reactions: 21
Since we're on the subject, this is my pet peeve, when it comes to the English language.

It's ESPRESSO
NOT
EXPRESSO

** I have literally (ha! ha!) threatened to divorce my husband if I hear it come out of his mouth incorrectly one more time. Does that stop him? Not a bit! In fact, I now think he says it purposefully just to watch my head explode!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
🙋‍♀️ I use whilst.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Quick glance at the 100 Stars website. Does nobody proofreaf copy nowadays? Was the gem highlighted below written by Isobella whatsit?

Our garments are made in India following the highest standards of ethical, environmental, and health & safety practice. We work exclusively with another second-generation family business who manufacture all our products. This company is audited regularly and awarded certification SA 8000. This is a social audit that ensures there is no child labour, no bonded labour and employs all its skilled workers on a permanent basis. In addition, One Hundred Stars carries out its own factory inspections once a year in person for piece of mind.
Also H and S practise in UK (as One Hundred Stars is a UK company.)

Reactions: 8
The use of "whilst" was discussed at length several threads ago. General consensus is that it is commonly used in the UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. My pet hates are "would of" and "I seen", as well as " "he borrowed it to me."
Also "boarder" instead of "border" when referring to an edging.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
A channel I have been subscribing to for a long time. Isn’t it fascinating? I mean, just look veeeeery closely.
You can also watch the video if you want… I am more of a thumbnail guy this time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The use of "whilst" was discussed at length several threads ago. General consensus is that it is commonly used in the UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. My pet hates are "would of" and "I seen", as well as " "he borrowed it to me.:
And in the U.S.- mainly whilst writing- speaking, less common. Depends also on where you are from.

A channel I have been subscribing to for a long time. Isn’t it fascinating? I mean, just look veeeeery closely.
You can also watch the video if you want… I am more of a thumbnail guy this time.

Fascinating stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
No doubt it's the finest staircase, hand-crafted by the finest artisan, utilising the finest oak. No expense spared. Such a ridiculous amount of time and money on that tiny, quite sweet but insignificant cottage.

Next: the bathroom. Place your bets on how long that will take. Finished by 2024?
Wasn't he supposed to be out of the Chateau by July? So the bathroom needs to be done ASAP.

Reactions: 15
@Margo Polo
View attachment 1409278
View attachment 1409280

@thoughtcloud
View attachment 1409282
View attachment 1409283

@T Rex
View attachment 1409309
View attachment 1409311

I’m still working on requested cheesy bootleg Daddy’s tiles. Some are easier than others, I’ll keep posting them in little batches, almost done. Now back to “Laundry Talk” witches.❤
Oohhh Thank you! That is a picture of Lydia Millen wearing her fake leather outfit. Lol! ( another Thread)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.