The Chateau Diaries #16 Mirror mirror on the wall, let Tattlers gather and watch me fall!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cannot wait for restrictions to end
then the real sport will begin - desperate superfans anxious to block book 📖 out the chat ooo and expecting to be entertained 24/7
It will be a blood sport 🥂📰💫

congrats @Krypgal
Sadly we will never see any of that since SJ literally controls the narrative. Maybe by then Ryan will be desperate enough for content (like he isn’t already) to camp on the other other of the pink gravel and film!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
The only way I can explain my need for an outcry is my profound love for old buildings. I was initially very happy to see all these people / channels taking on these difficult tasks of saving them from decay. To British people, French prices seem affordable but that is only because most French people don't make enough money to buy them and fund the upkeep + renovations + taxes. And those that have the funds won't invest in the less prestigious properties... I mean, a château without a cellar to store your wine in?
There's also a cultural difference. In France, great families who were forced to economise in the last century and were faced a choice between a chateau in the provinces and a hôtel particulier in Paris unfailingly chose the latter. British chose their country houses over their town palaces, most of which were demolished in the 1920's and 1930's. The British excelled on demolishing 10 000 country houses after the world wars, there's a shortage of these properties and prices are high. Continental aristocratic families appreciate city life instead of their castle on a mountaintop which is why so many remote rural properties can be eagerly snapped up by British buyers (Danish and Dutch are also keen on chateaux.) British domestic dream is predicated on an absence of other people, a desire of complete privacy. Continental dream is to own a palazzo within city walls, where you can host and participate in a busy social life.

Reactions: 26
Hello everyone! I have been reading for a while and thought it was time that I added my own two cents (not giving them to Patreon though!)…

... Talk about “maquiller le cochon” (putting make-up on the pig). Even worse, the funds required for these make-up sessions are filmed by british television, but SJ can’t show the results before it airs. YT is the milkcow but the network comes first. Doesn’t sound very fair to all those that have allowed her to move forward by watching the adds, participating on patreon, etc. I don’t have an issue with people giving their money away if they want, I don’t judge. Just like I won’t judge people’s appearances. But as you all have noted before, when such funds are being mismanaged and used for personal gain, it makes my skin crawl.

This was a long enough rant to start with, wasn’t it?
... and another newbie hits the ground running with a wonderful post.

May I be extremely early, and suggest "Maquiller le Cochon!” (putting make-up on the pig) as the next thread title - it's just too good- and sums up La lande perfectly.

Well done!

After all, it is just common sense. ;)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
In the interest of saving the building drainage can still be added. It's trenches just like the ones for lighting added after the fact. She needs a project manager to inform her these things need to happen in order. But sadly she's too cheap to hire one. Unless one volunteers like all her previous labor. Mouldy Fourtuny and corroded electrics may force the issue. Professional brand outreach could also garner her free building supplies even solar. Garden plants, bougie hair styling tools she only uses once. Granted she'd have to quit looking like a reverse skunk. Again she'd have to pay a firm for these services.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Cannot wait for restrictions to end
then the real sport will begin - desperate superfans anxious to block book 📖 out the chat ooo and expecting to be entertained 24/7
It will be a blood sport 🥂📰💫

congrats @Krypgal
Oh my.. I've not prepared a winners speech.. I'm made up to have my tattle title chosen.. I want to thank all my fellow tattlers for keeping me amused on a regular basis.. Some days it feels like I've run a marathon trying to catch up with the threads.. I love you all.. 😘🎉🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊

• Heart
Reactions: 22
In the interest of saving the building drainage can still be added. It's trenches just like the ones for lighting added after the fact. She needs a project manager to inform her these things need to happen in order. But sadly she's too cheap to hire one. Unless one volunteers like all her previous labor. Mouldy Fourtuny and corroded electrics may force the issue. Professional brand outreach could also garner her free building supplies even solar. Garden plants, bougie hair styling tools she only uses once. Granted she'd have to quit looking like a reverse skunk. Again she'd have to pay a firm for these services.
I bet that Belgian guy has probably told her 🤔

Misty morning at La Lande - absolute state of that window, no wonder it’s so cold 🥶

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Imagine a boss requiring an employee to let them sit on their shoulders because they were too lazy to get a ladder. If the employee suffered a back injury no doubt they would be eligible for compensation. Shocking way to run a business.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Misty morning at La Lande - absolute state of that window, no wonder it’s so cold 🥶
[/QUOTE]

SJ has clearly put the servant in the servants quarters. 🙄

Reactions: 14
Imagine a boss requiring an employee to let them sit on their shoulders because they were too lazy to get a ladder. If the employee suffered a back injury no doubt they would be eligible for compensation. Shocking way to run a business.
Well that's probably the only time Prince Philip will be between a woman' legs ! :oops:😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

May I be extremely early, and suggest "Maquiller le Cochon!” (putting make-up on the pig) as the next thread title - it's just too good- and sums up La lande perfectly.

Well done!

Thank you, Incognito Chatelaine, you are too kind! Depending on whether or not they finally found those underground tunnels I was thinking along the lines of "a sceptic tank and no cellar for the wine" but you win hands down!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I‘ve scrolled the threads over and over and hadn’t seen this pop up anywhere. My apologies if it has been posted previously, (I was scrolling really quickly!). I had found this interesting photo (that’s clearly taken in the la lande chapel), when I was searching for extra info on CD. I have a lot of questions 😂. 1. What would the former marquises think if they knew their precious chapel was being used for this type of ‘art’? 2. Did SJ know about this, although judging by her father’s art, she’d probably approve. 3. If the patrons were aware guests of lalaland were using the sacred chapel as lingerie photo shoot, would they appreciate their hard earned money being used to renovate a photography backdrop? Maybe I’m over analyzing , but I thought it interesting nonetheless.
4FFCD5A0-195D-4813-B0FC-25A204A6800D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I‘ve scrolled the threads over and over and hadn’t seen this pop up anywhere. My apologies if it has been posted previously, (I was scrolling really quickly!). I had found this interesting photo (that’s clearly taken in the la lande chapel), when I was searching for extra info on CD. I have a lot of questions 😂. 1. What would the former marquises think if they knew their precious chapel was being used for this type of ‘art’? 2. Did SJ know about this, although judging by her father’s art, she’d probably approve. 3. If the patrons were aware guests of lalaland were using the sacred chapel as lingerie photo shoot, would they appreciate their hard earned money being used to renovate a photography backdrop? Maybe I’m over analyzing , but I thought it interesting nonetheless.
View attachment 422589
there were complaints about Selmar doing yoga........ Different league this image.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

It continues to amaze me how dirty and shabby the shato is.

It's the building equivalent of fur coat and no knickers with the fur coat having been attacked by moths.

It's on a different scale to the other chateau's currently all over Instagram.

Reactions: 27
Do anyone know what’s the score with Brenda gibbons group. She has excluded the petherick brand from her group but advertised a new group with is definitely pro pethericks. Seems odd as she has previously View attachment 422579distanced herself following the sexist racist comments made by a trotter.
I don’t think Brenda know either 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Fiona would have had those sorted out tout suite!
Where is the work ethic people! We are waiting for deliverance.

View attachment 422589
And here was me thinking I may have gone out on a limb with Ann Summers Voyeur toilet de joy (I have those holes on my mind) inspired wallpaper. I wasn't wrong .
If Steph is reading, apparently it's a steal at £1 a roll...😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I

Well done!

must be the only one who finds this slightly offensive. And expect most people not familiar... would do too. Maybe a spin on that but making it more clearly a joke on the chateau

I tried
Fiona would have had those sorted out tout suite!
Where is the work ethic people! We are waiting for deliverance.

And here was me thinking I may have gone out on a limb with Ann Summers Voyeur toilet de joy (I have those holes on my mind) inspired wallpaper. I wasn't wrong .
If Steph is reading, apparently it's a steal at £1 a roll...😂
looking it’s sold out. Maybe she bought the last 50 rolls.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.