The Chateau Diaries #159 Fannys funny farm is fecking filthy, say that five times

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Abuela, do you not do laundry? We know Fanny doesn’t do laundry and barely knows where the laundry room is. When was the last time we saw the laundry room at the shiteau, unless someone was behind the sheet curtain fiddling with the boiler. I guess the Laundry Room isn’t too important when you only run a part-time, weekend guest house for ‘friends’ and not a full-time bnb.
As filthy as they keep the farmhouse, I would seriously be afraid of bed bugs there! Especially with all the overnight “guests.” You have to be so careful…and the laundry needs to be done correctly at high enough temperature. Once you get bed bugs, they’re so hard to eradicate. I think exterminators have to block off rooms and use heat to kill them (and we all know La La Lande’s heat situation….the bed bugs will have found a paradise! 😆).

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Sorry! I didn't intend to come across that way! I just know that when there's a lull in the chateauverse we tend to drift a bit.

Lalacelle has a vlog coming up where they'll be tooting their horn yet again about the ciel de lit made from an armoire(they keep rehashing the same crap, it's almost as if they're intentionally hiding what's going on inside the chateau), and Billy is teasing about the Rothschild library. I'm sure Fanny has some bs up her sleeve too. BTW, what happened to Janice and Ryan?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This site is getting boring without Teabag...
Is that you Michael 😂 Ryan ????

Seriously though, the trouble is MP isn't vlogging enough out to comment on. It;s all very hit and miss. Lazy so and so that he is. When he does, trust me, it gets commented on.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
As filthy as they keep the farmhouse, I would seriously be afraid of bed bugs there! Especially with all the overnight “guests.” You have to be so careful…and the laundry needs to be done correctly at high enough temperature. Once you get bed bugs, they’re so hard to eradicate. I think exterminators have to block off rooms and use heat to kill them (and we all know La La Lance’s heat situation….the bed bugs will have found a paradise! 😆).
A Dank Damp Paradise

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Maybe I am uncouth. But what is the purpose of three plates stacked up to eat? To me just more dishes to wash.
Looks like they had a charger plate, a salad course, and then a strange looking concoction (soup?) for the main course served in clear bowls on the dinner plate. I’m not sure I would have used clear bowls for that thick, brownish orange liquid…not the most appetizing view. And I agree with @billybudd …the plates are so ornate they just add to the confusion of the salad mix. I’m very simple…I like to serve on plain white china or plates to highlight the food, and use a colorful charger to add interest.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
So what are you baking? I have some lemons in my fruit bowl and considered lemon and poppy seed cake, but I got distracted by the tennis, looks like it could be a long match.
Lemon poppyseed cake sounds delicious! You can’t go wrong. I have tomatoes off the vine from my backyard that I need to eat! But I’m thinking tomato pie would be so good for dinner. I wonder if there are any homegrown tomatoes at lie-land?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
All this laundry talk. As you may know, my house is under a bit of a renovation. I have a 1950’s old Florida house with an exterior laundry room / utility room. Now it’s been demolished and will be rebuilt into a 2 car garage and interior laundry room. In the mean time, I go to the laundromat a couple times a week. It sucks and is kind of scary. Lugging 4 packed baskets in & out. $30 each time, about 2 hours washing & drying, then 1 hour folding when I get home. But it has made me like the laundromat raised off the ground machines. I hope when my new laundry room is finished, I’m able to get the stands that raise up residential machines. It makes a big difference.
View attachment 1405347
Love what you’ve done with the new laundry room!!! 😻😻😻
Oopsie!!!
THAT’S the laundry mat!
And where are the hot guys waiting to help you carry out the baskets???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Do you not find it odd that Phillip paints his fingernails.
A lot of very young guys are painting their nails right now (older teens or young college kids). But, yes, it’s odd that Squirrel is doing it…it’s like he’s trying to be even younger than he really is (if you can imagine). And yet he thinks he’s an experienced connoisseur of fine living. 🙄

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
It's Friday, Friday... Fun night in the VIP lounge.
Let play a fun party game.
So, it's the Zombie Apocalypse and Château De Lalande is the last haven for Humanity. You arrive and have to partner up to fight the onslaught of zombies, who will you choose?

View attachment 1402053View attachment 1402058View attachment 1402069View attachment 1402082
View attachment 1402094View attachment 1402100View attachment 1402102View attachment 1402112View attachment 1402105View attachment 1402111View attachment 1402114View attachment 1402118View attachment 1402120View attachment 1402122View attachment 1402123View attachment 1402133View attachment 1402135View attachment 1402138

One more thing. If the zombies don't kill you, the black mold will. ☺ (Did you really expect to survive at Lalande?!)
The ram,
It's Friday, Friday... Fun night in the VIP lounge.
Let play a fun party game.
So, it's the Zombie Apocalypse and Château De Lalande is the last haven for Humanity. You arrive and have to partner up to fight the onslaught of zombies, who will you choose?

View attachment 1402053View attachment 1402058View attachment 1402069View attachment 1402082
View attachment 1402094View attachment 1402100View attachment 1402102View attachment 1402112View attachment 1402105View attachment 1402111View attachment 1402114View attachment 1402118View attachment 1402120View attachment 1402122View attachment 1402123View attachment 1402133View attachment 1402135View attachment 1402138

One more thing. If the zombies don't kill you, the black mold will. ☺ (Did you really expect to survive at Lalande?!)
The ram, Aloysius.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
OH MY GOODNESS! Jules...it takes my breath away! Thank you so, so much!
And thank you for not doing the graffiti in the background. After I posted last night, I was going to do another post to ask you not to put in the background and to add whiskers, but was afraid I would sound too Stephanie-ish.........telling you to use your judgement, but then giving you specifics on what I want/didn't want! You read my mind! And you gave him whiskers, too! Thank you!

I will treasure this forever!

Try some on vanilla ice cream! My husband loves it on ice cream, but doesn't like it straight up. I love it straight up and mixed in cocktails.
It's hard to find a good brand that you like, particularly when in the liquor stores I frequent there's only two or three brands to begin with and it's not inexpensive, so if you get one you don't love, it feels sort of like a waste. That's how my husband got to using it over ice cream - he was using up a bottle I didn't care for! This is why I want to try making my own.
It's easy and delicious. Made some for Xmas a few years back and all the chat here about Limoncello has reminded me. I will make some for this Xmas too. I'll start it in December (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
[
A lot of very young guys are painting their nails right now (older teens or young college kids). But, yes, it’s odd that squirrel is doing it…it’s like he’s trying to be even younger than he really is (if you can imagine). And yet he thinks he’s an experienced connoisseur of fine living. 🙄
It's a sad day when the boyfriend's nails look better than Stephanie's. You can tell Phillip put in a lot of time and effort on them - dark nail polish can be a witch to apply - and since he never does any work, his polish remains relatively chip free, from what I can tell. Lately, Stephanie's nails, with that frosty blue polish, have looked atrocious. It looks like she was three sheets to the wind when she applied it!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Abuela, do you not do laundry? We know Fanny doesn’t do laundry and barely knows where the laundry room is. When was the last time we saw the laundry room at the shiteau, unless someone was behind the sheet curtain fiddling with the boiler. I guess the Laundry Room isn’t too important when you only run a part-time, weekend guest house for ‘friends’ and not a full-time bnb.
Yes, I do laundry but I thought this forum was about Chateau Diaries.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
As filthy as they keep the farmhouse, I would seriously be afraid of bed bugs there! Especially with all the overnight “guests.” You have to be so careful…and the laundry needs to be done correctly at high enough temperature. Once you get bed bugs, they’re so hard to eradicate. I think exterminators have to block off rooms and use heat to kill them (and we all know La La Lande’s heat situation….the bed bugs will have found a paradise! 😆).
I know a change of subject was requested but 🤢🤢🤢🤢😂😂😂😉

• Haha
Reactions: 12
A lot of very young guys are painting their nails right now (older teens or young college kids). But, yes, it’s odd that Squirrel is doing it…it’s like he’s trying to be even younger than he really is (if you can imagine). And yet he thinks he’s an experienced connoisseur of fine living. 🙄
In my neck of the woods in the UK, I've not seen any youngsters, my 16year old Grandson included, paint their nails.
Currently in Spain, and I've not spotted it here either. The only kids I've seen paint their nails are 'goths'. Perhaps Snorts is hankering back to his misguided youth ??? No ?? ok, he's just being a prat for content then :)

Reactions: 16
So what are you baking? I have some lemons in my fruit bowl and considered lemon and poppy seed cake, but I got distracted by the tennis, looks like it could be a long match.
I didn't go too mental, done a tray of baklava. Worst bit was chopping up the walnuts and waiting for the filo to thaw. That's it all done, cold glass of local Rosé now.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.