The Chateau Diaries #159 Fannys funny farm is fecking filthy, say that five times

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the slowest damn pergola I've ever seen being built. Now they're reinforcing the top of the pergola with steel beams which need to be welded together. The damn pergola will be more structurally sound than the water damaged ceilings of the shiteau.

I'm no Engineer, yet I can't help but think they're over-engineering the pergola. It's not a weight bearing structure. The beams are cemented into the ground and the wall. Steel guide wires have been installed to prevent the wooden uprights from bowing and provide additional support. Does it really need steel beams across the top?

Who is going to do the welding? Apparently the steel beams also need to be painted but Dan's complaining that he might have to paint them. Who the hell else is going to do the painting? I thought Dan was now big outdoor projects guy, but since he got his new teeth he's just lazy, complain and whinge about doing work guy.
Maybe she's planning to rent it out as a gite.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Fanny can add some rock hard brussel sprouts to the left over tuna pasta salad - yummy!

Fanny can add some rock hard brussel sprouts to the left over tuna pasta salad - yummy!

The Fanny School of Design, but atleast none of the furniture is stained.

View attachment 1401766View attachment 1401769View attachment 1401772View attachment 1401778View attachment 1401788View attachment 1401789
Wow!

I just have to say this...and I never thought these words would come out of my mouth...
But Fanny's style is better than this.
Sorry sorry sorry, I do hate Fanny's excess, but Carrie's just makes me feel sick, as in motion sickness. I'm sure I would vomit if I had to stay in that red room for longer than a minute.

Reactions: 13
I have not, but it’s on the bucket list. Will probably be part of my first post pandemic holiday. She’s so deliciously over the top.
I love that it's conformed to comfort and conversation, not arranged around a television. Every chair is comfy, well-lit as if a person sitting in it MIGHT WISH TO READ A BOOK, sew, or play a board game, or chat with somebody nearby, with a table for a drink within arms' reach. It's a congenial and well-hostessed room. I miss those values.'
That Louis Farouk suite of couch and chairs Fanny bought off those slithery furniture hustlers for the grand salon makes me want to vomit, a la @Sparrowsfart in Carrie's Lulu Lytle interior.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just been to my local TKMaxx (TJ to those of you on the other side of the pond). Had to photo the shelves that made me smile. Also spotted a dress made of similar material to the maxi dress she wore to garden party but resisted pulling out the phone again.

Look closely next time you see Spode, it's the detail that I got my name from.
Carrickmines?

Reactions: 4
haha I just catching up with Dan and his new teeth oh tit he fell for the sponsorship from turkey, so many dummy brits are going there without researching properly-getting filling down to shark teeth which some say isn't necessary,, and coming back with massive life-changing forever pain and infections. thing is many dentists overseas don't tell you it's cheap now but they may only last 10 years. I have been to turkey many times and live currently in Egypt so know A THING or two.🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
@Jules100. Your tile creations are exceptional. Is being creative part of your every day work life - asking for a friend, obviously! :love:
My bootleg Daddy’s tiles are just cheesy fun. Although some are easier than others. I am a bit creative and crafty and hope one day to be an artist on the South Florida art fair circuit. A few of the pieces used in thumbnails on an up and coming YouTube channel are my creations.
1C83D024-CC9C-4679-A262-2A2DFE15BEAA.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I love that it's conformed to comfort and conversation, not arranged around a television. Every chair is comfy, well-lit as if a person sitting in it MIGHT WISH TO READ A BOOK, sew, or play a board game, or chat with somebody nearby, with a table for a drink within arms' reach. It's a congenial and well-hostessed room. I miss those values.'
That Louis Farouk suite of couch and chairs Fanny bought off those slithery furniture hustlers for the grand salon makes me want to vomit, a la @Sparrowsfart in the Lulu Lytle interior.
Definitely preaching to the choir here. When I visit my brother’s family, devices are often in use, but the evening hours are for conversation, discussion and games of some type. Typically board or card games, and usually the younger generation’s idea. Most often accompanied by music, not television. Reminds me of my university days.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This is the slowest damn pergola I've ever seen being built. Now they're reinforcing the top of the pergola with steel beams which need to be welded together. The damn pergola will be more structurally sound than the water damaged ceilings of the shiteau.

I'm no Engineer, yet I can't help but think they're over-engineering the pergola. It's not a weight bearing structure. The beams are cemented into the ground and the wall. Steel guide wires have been installed to prevent the wooden uprights from bowing and provide additional support. Does it really need steel beams across the top?

Who is going to do the welding? Apparently the steel beams also need to be painted but Dan's complaining that he might have to paint them. Who the hell else is going to do the painting? I thought Dan was now big outdoor projects guy, but since he got his new teeth he's just lazy, complain and whinge about doing work guy.
No he's always been lazy whinger, but we didn't notice so much as we liked his little family. Now he's a single tosser it stands out like dogs balls.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think I that I have finally caught up to you all and now have a wedding and a memorial this weekend.
@Jules100 I have been enjoying your tile drawings, if you have a moment pretty please make one for me 😍 I love Key West and totally wish that I could hop on a plane in September but I’m only finally starting my show in August 😞 Everyone will have to enjoy some key lime pie for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Definitely preaching to the choir here. When I visit my brother’s family, devices are often in use, but the evening hours are for conversation, discussion and games of some type. Typically board or card games, and usually the younger generation’s idea. Most often accompanied by music, not television. Reminds me of my university days.
TV came into the world a few years after I was born. But I still remember when every house I visited as a child had a piano in it, and at least two or three people in the house could and did play it. Lots more amateur singing -- and family evenings, as you suggest.
I remember reading, in my quest to "understand" the "French", about 50 years in a tiny village the author had a vacay home in. It was tiny and old, perhaps walled, and on a cliff or pinnacle, very cohesive but isolated. TV arrived in 1963, he wrote, and all daily communal life disappeared over night. Cafe, petanque, evening promenade, amateur music, debating societies, lectures. Practices of 50,000 years disparu. I'm sure it was the same everywhere else, if less apprehensible.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
View attachment 1402218

Chloe Malik
4 hours ago
@caroline gooder I keep asking this Caroline every vlog and you never respond? Are you a relative of Stephanie? Have I missed you in the vlogs? I don't remember seeing you, but you are the font of all Chateau knowledge so just being nosey and wondering what your connection is.

caroline gooder
4 hours ago (edited)
@Chloe Malik I have 300 emails in my in box from many vlogs, personal messages from patrons in the know and friends, so I didn't get to yours yet. Just watch the vlogs and read Stephanie's and Philip's comments. All the info is there. The new nail polish breathes so even I could wear it.

Chloe Malik
1 hour ago
@caroline gooder I have been asking here? Probably a few people would like to know. I am afraid I don't have your email as I don't know who you are?
I asked the witch C Goody2shoes if she was Stephanie and the witch answered me, quoting a previous comment I had made on another vlog. She is not too busy, just a no it all witch, and i'm sure shes Fanny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I asked the witch C Goody2shoes if she was Stephanie and the witch answered me, quoting a previous comment I had made on another vlog. She is not too busy, just a no it all witch, and i'm sure shes Fanny.
The BS about the emails gives it away... she's Fanny. Makes like she's so busy.. how many emails do you think the rest of us have??

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Dorothy Draper isn’t everyone’s “cup of tea,” but I like it and appreciate it. You’re absolutely right…the Greenbrier Hotel and it’s design, decor, and personality is definitely a throwback to an earlier era. In the case of Draper and the Greenbrier, the late ‘40’s - early 50’s. Relaxing with a nice book and hot beverage. Talking to friends, or striking up a conversation with someone interesting you just met. Enjoying some peace and quiet but not feeling alone. Warm and cozy, not rushed. ❤

083E91BF-1D5C-4E5A-A1C4-BA823C521690.jpeg

70D3DBE3-49F1-4E04-96A6-FA973C557E5B.jpeg

98EF8763-C266-450E-B23D-6585C0A3A567.jpeg

448E07C0-DF99-4DFF-842C-87D745B251C3.jpeg

161924D2-BD59-4BA9-854E-38964C6A06C7.jpeg

4E5A021B-7A69-4C63-8EDB-14401D897AEA.jpeg

D89DE7BE-DD00-4A1A-873E-EB2EB41890DE.jpeg

408893DE-CEE1-4189-AFBF-938A89D140E9.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
USER=322690]@M&MsMom[/USER], I don’t want you to feel left out of my joke Daddy tile reproductions. I’ve been making them for people that have been discussing Tartlet Days, September 6, 7 & 8 in Key West, Florida. BYOB. Or for people that asked for one. I tried to make you one, but your tiny Zena is too small & detailed. I couldn’t do it. Don’t tell anyone, I make them on the picture editing mark up on my iPhone. Yours was the first one I couldn’t get through, it was way too hard to draw with my index finger & I got through a couple tricky ones. Do you have another tattle avatar pic in mind that I could try?
[/QUOTE]
Awwww.......thank you! That is really very kind of you!

Yes, I knew it was for the Tartlet Days and I thought it would be good for people who have been here much longer than I to get theirs first. But then, all of a sudden, just about everyone had one and I didn't want to slam you with requests! You are really, really too kind - to me and all of us here! I will look for a simpler pic and let you know when I've changed the avatar, which should be later this evening. No rush! We are expecting big storms overnight tonight - 4" rain with thunderstorms and hail - so I have to go out and move some of my vulnerable potted plants on my deck to some cover. This time of year, as they've gotten so big, it's become a challenge.

I thought maybe it was an app on I-phone that you were using - I'm impressed how great these turn out with just your finger and photo editor!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
TV came into the world a few years after I was born. But I still remember when every house I visited as a child had a piano in it, and at least two or three people in the house could and did play it. Lots more amateur singing -- and family evenings, as you suggest.
I remember reading, in my quest to "understand" the "French", about 50 years in a tiny village the author had a vacay home in. It was tiny and old, perhaps walled, and on a cliff or pinnacle, very cohesive but isolated. TV arrived in 1963, he wrote, and all daily communal life disappeared over night. Cafe, petanque, evening promenade, amateur music, debating societies, lectures. Practices of 50,000 years disparu. I'm sure it was the same everywhere else, if less apprehensible.
With the grandparents and great aunts/uncles telly was only for the news, nothing else. Afterwards it was music, singalongs, games. On nice evenings it was sitting out and conversing. Saturday nights were for fais do-do with my mother’s family and square dancing with father’s. Even at home we were allowed very little tv, just a few hours on Saturday morning til the parents were up and history making events like the moon landings and presidential resignations. There was a lot more acknowledgment of commonality as a result.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.