The Chateau Diaries #159 Fannys funny farm is fecking filthy, say that five times

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OH MY GOODNESS! Jules...it takes my breath away! Thank you so, so much!
And thank you for not doing the graffiti in the background. After I posted last night, I was going to do another post to ask you not to put in the background and to add whiskers, but was afraid I would sound too Stephanie-ish.........telling you to use your judgement, but then giving you specifics on what I want/didn't want! You read my mind! And you gave him whiskers, too! Thank you!

I will treasure this forever!

I must be the only person on this planet who doesn't like limoncello. :giggle:
My friend in the SoF has a huge lemon tree in her garden and makes gallons of the stuff every year using that commercial strength alcohol - maybe that's the reason why I don't like it so much! But, even when I have bought in the shops in UK, still not a fan. Might give it another shot in view of our current temps and it might be nicer chilled with some kind of mixer in a tall glass with lots of ice. 😁
Try some on vanilla ice cream! My husband loves it on ice cream, but doesn't like it straight up. I love it straight up and mixed in cocktails.
It's hard to find a good brand that you like, particularly when in the liquor stores I frequent there's only two or three brands to begin with and it's not inexpensive, so if you get one you don't love, it feels sort of like a waste. That's how my husband got to using it over ice cream - he was using up a bottle I didn't care for! This is why I want to try making my own.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I had the same thoughts watching the vlog. I understand wanting to tread lightly on the earth, but one needs to be practical too. She's needlessly making things more difficult for herself. Buy a damn dryer already and save yourself hours of work!
I prefer line-dried laundry, smells better, gets whiter. Dryers are probably the biggest single users of energy we own -- $9 billion worth and 2% of US energy consumption.
I think Marc is a big green and aquaculture (?) expert by training -- I can see not using a dryer would be an ethical matter for them. It is for many people, including me.

Reactions: 21
View attachment 1404467

@Jules100 I am totally blaming @Albee !!!
I have taken the liberty to tile your gorgeous tiki hut for you... I hope you like it... 😍 from all of us tartlets x

p.s. you're doing reno's at the moment right? I am available for tiling if required :LOL:🤣😆

p.p.s. It's gotta be Miller Light time 🍻 Cheers!
This is fabulous!! Bot
I believe traditional pastry, But we made it recently with our limes, and we cheated with grahams.
I like it with my own pastry and real freshly whipped cream..Sorry off topic, but now I am hungry!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
View attachment 1404467

@Jules100 I am totally blaming @Albee !!!
I have taken the liberty to tile your gorgeous tiki hut for you... I hope you like it... 😍 from all of us tartlets x

p.s. you're doing reno's at the moment right? I am available for tiling if required :LOL:🤣😆

p.p.s. It's gotta be Miller Light time 🍻 Cheers!
Bravo to you! This is fantastic!
Thank you for doing this for us as a gift to Jules!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
hellou my lovelies, in case anyone is still wondering>

Euthyrox 50 Tablet is a medicine used to treat an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) It replaces the hormone which is not being produced by your thyroid gland in sufficient quantity and helps regulate your body’s energy and metabolism.

en version

the other one is most probably triiodothyronine pill, in UK the protocol is to take it together as
Combination therapy
this type of treatment may sometimes be recommended in cases where a person has a history of thyroid cancer and there's a significant risk of it reoccurring.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Rather dumpy I think- slim does not mean sexy most times- this physique will degrade rather quickly due to lack of any type of work
On record, I didn't say he was sexy. Not by a long shot! Just want to make sure that's clear.
But yes, definitely he is a frump-a-dump.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I've been desperate to cheer them on, as their (Marc's) plans to reintroduce a vineyard is wonderful but Amy's incessant whining is extremely irritating. Also, because the major plans for the house and the estate are so enormous and will take years, their vlog content of mundane snippets of daily life doesn't exactly enthral. I honestly think YouTube is not for them.

(And walking six miles to hang out the washing is just bloody stupid!). .
Yes, agree on the miles to walk across property to the best drying spot!!! 🙅🏼‍♀️
There’s got to be a closer spot that she can’t complain about....
if she’s adamant about not using a dryer. 🤦🏼‍♀️
there are racks to set up in the laundry room as well/ or wall-mounted ones.
Heck the shower rod works as well!!!
No worries about pop up thunderstorms and running those miles in the rain to grab the 300 pieces of laundry off the line!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I had the same thoughts watching the vlog. I understand wanting to tread lightly on the earth, but one needs to be practical too. She's needlessly making things more difficult for herself. Buy a damn dryer already and save yourself hours of work!
She should get another washing machine, all that laundry would be done in half the time... That's on my wish list.. has been for 30 years now :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be too harsh on her yet. She's a single mom, probably not many if any friends to hang out with. She could be building her business too. Needing money for raising two boys is probably the case.
Don't forget they paid cash for that property... They begged when they needed a heater and kitchen appliances etc.. She has a mobile hair business for all the chatelaines, she works at the school... She's best friends with Kirsty. I'd be very surprised if she's not dating..

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Tartlet Days September 6,7 & 8 in Key West, FL. It’s easiest if you live in Florida, but open to all. Yellow dresses, tiaras & inappropriate boyfriends are optional. Knickers are also optional, but recommended. RSVP ASAP.
❤🍺🐓🦚🦔👢🕶💩🏰❤

@Jules100 I shall attend, but all the way at the end of the keys?? Fine I’ll take the water taxi from Fort Myers, what hotel are we booking?? Do we need a B& B and lots of chicken in the Keys you know!!
I'll be there with you in spirit @mrsp67! Leave me a couple sandwiches, would ya? I've got a board meeting on the 7th, and always stay close to home from the end of August until December 1st (this is when the Gulf gets active- the water is already super warm this year, and based on WINK Weather's track record, we wouldn't even know there was a hurricane until it has actually hit us! SMH!) @Jules100, if you have time, I'd LURVE a blue T Rex tile, but please superimpose a can of Miller Lite (just Photoshop it) between my pearly whites! That would be AMAZING! You could even cut and paste a tiny arm with a case of Miller Lite- it'd be legit! LOL! And now time to catch up on all that I have missed on Fanny & Friends!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I prefer line-dried laundry, smells better, gets whiter. Dryers are probably the biggest single users of energy we own -- $9 billion worth and 2% of US energy consumption.
I think Marc is a big green and aquaculture (?) expert by training -- I can see not using a dryer would be an ethical matter for them. It is for many people, including me.
My dryer is pretty new and supposedly HE, it's gas so it's cheap to run and I only use it a couple times per month. Occasionally I'll leave bath and pool towels hanging over patio furniture to dry, but they end up covered in bird poop and smelling like nasty BBQ smoke - I don't even BBQ. The sun is so harsh where I live it would fade the colors and destroy everything I hung out to dry.

• Heart
She should get another washing machine, all that laundry would be done in half the time... That's on my wish list.. has been for 30 years now :rolleyes:

Don't forget they paid cash for that property... They begged when they needed a heater and kitchen appliances etc.. She has a mobile hair business for all the chatelaines, she works at the school... She's best friends with Kirsty. I'd be very surprised if she's not dating..
All correct except job at school was only for 1 term, don't know if she is still working there.
And I hope she is dating, hopefully one of those sexy farmers from that calendar from a while ago!

PS about 2 years ago I got a new washing machine that takes a 10kg load and is great. (Last machine was a 6.5kg load)
As a friend said "One load to rule them all!"

• Heart
[
My dryer is pretty new and supposedly HE, it's gas so it's cheap to run and I only use it a couple times per month. Occasionally I'll leave bath and pool towels hanging over patio furniture to dry, but they end up covered in bird poop and smelling like nasty BBQ smoke - I don't even BBQ. The sun is so harsh where I live it would fade the colors and destroy everything I hung out to dry.
Oh no! That is terrible! A good majority of my clothing is "hand wash and line dry"- especially Roxy Surfwear (one would think after surfing and being on the beach all day, no one has time for this, but unfortunately, they feel compelled to make their clothing of viscose, which does not fare well being washed in warm water nor in a tumble dryer.) But, their clothing is SO comfy, so I wash on delicate/cold, and hang everything on hangers in my garage, which is right next to my laundry room. They do dry really quickly, and my garage smells of Tide with Downy (I actually do NOT like the smell of Tide, but whatever.) I understand the pool towel plight all too well- we have a saltwater pool and buy quality towels, but they do fade pretty quickly in the sun. I usually throw the towels in the washer as soon as they are dried (counterintuitive, I know) on cold, and toss them on the dryer (I hate crunchy towels.) Or we could all be like Fanny- just never wash your towels, clothes, et all....

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.