The Chateau Diaries #159 Fannys funny farm is fecking filthy, say that five times

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been drinking non alcoholic Martini with a mixer as you can then start drinking mid afternoon and not be asleep by 6pm😂😂. It is £8 in Sainsburys at the moment. I also mix it with soda water
Zero Alcohol Freixenet is lovely if you like bubbles... as good as any Prosecco I've tasted ... 3 for £15 at Morrisons... 1.5 syns on SW.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I know I'm biased but that has to be my absolute favourite - thank you! It's taken years off me. @Heathcliffe will love it!
Actually Jeeves, if you are maybe contemplating taking even more years off your age and, why not?
Would you like me to ask Stephanie Jarvis, :oops: sorry, Caroline Gooder, where she goes for her frequent botox injections? Personal recommendation is always the best way forward and we all know that it makes sense! There may even be a discount involved if we mention their names - who knows? ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Tartlet Days September 6,7 & 8 in Key West, FL. It’s easiest if you live in Florida, but open to all. Yellow dresses, tiaras & inappropriate boyfriends are optional. Knickers are also optional, but recommended. RSVP ASAP.
❤🍺🐓🦚🦔👢🕶💩🏰❤

Seeing this and all the other comments from our American cohort makes me extremely jealous. I’ve always fantasised about visiting the Keys (probably read too much Hemingway) and all the food and drink you all talk about means nothing to me but sounds so enticing. My tiara will have to stay safely locked away for another occasion as I can’t get there. Anyway upload lots of pictures of all the fun and I’ll raise a glass to you all in spirit. You lucky things.
Key West, and Havana, my happy place.
My favorite memory of Key West is waking up at dawn, bicycling to the Cuban bakery for hot Cuban bread for breakfast, and seeing and hearing the fighting cocks greet the dawn in the Cuban hood.
Here's a Keys-ish menu from Miami Spice, the cookbook, which does a great job with Florida fusion cooking (Miami being the capital of the Caribbean, Central, and South America). You can get a used paperback copy off Ama for $1.46. I bet the Floridians have some terrific menu ideas too.

Mojitos
Chicharrones

Conch Chili
Shark en Escabeche

Pan Roasted Mutton Snapper with Raisins, Capers, and Pine Nuts
Coconut Rice
Black Bean Salsa
Florida Slaw (mango, carambola, Scotch bonnet, etc)

Guava Cheesecake
Cuban Coffee

Here's Raichlen's recipe for a rum runner cocktail, serves 2. A little more elaborate than what actual drinkers around those parts swig. But luscious.

1 oz. light rum
1 oz. dark rum
1/2 oz. 151 proof rum
1 1/2 oz. banana liqueur
1 oz. blackberry brandy or sloe gin
1/2 oz. grenadine
1 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
1 1/2 c crushed ice
Combine ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
Pour into tumblers and garnish with lime wedges and bikini tops. Yo ho ho.

He also has a South Beach sangria, with brown sugar, carambola, mango, etc.

Vanilla Keys

Chocolate Keys

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Key West, and Havana, my happy place.
Here's a Keys-ish menu from Miami Spice, the cookbook, which does a great job with the fusion cooking. You can get a used paperback copy off Ama for $1.46. I bet the Floridians have some terrific menu ideas too.

Mojitos
Chicharrones

Conch Chili
Shark en Escabeche

Pan Roasted Mutton Snapper with Raisins, Capers, and Pine Nuts
Coconut Rice
Black Bean Salsa
Florida Slaw (mango, carambola, Scotch bonnet, etc)

Guava Cheesecake
Cuban Coffee

Here's Raichlen's recipe for a rum runner cocktail, serves 2. A little more elaborate than what actual drinkers around those parts drink. But luscious.

1 oz. light rum
1 oz. dark rum
1/2 oz. 151 proof rum
1 1/2 oz. banana liqueur
1 oz. blackberry brandy or sloe gin
1/2 oz. grenadine
1 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
1 1/2 c crushed ice
Combine ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
Pour into tumblers and garnish with lime wedges and bikini tops. Yo ho ho.

He also has a South Beach sangria, with brown sugar, carambola, mango, etc.

Vanilla Keys

Chocolate Keys
It’s all lovely but when in the keys it must be Key lime pie

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I am caught up on the thread after being out with no internet or cell reception for the week…I didn’t want to inconvenience @Jules100 so I tried to make a tile myself…you are truly talented @Jules100! As shown by me and Mr Jarvis, tile making is not for everyone!
1657376785520.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
If they are going to grow something like Bougainvillea and/or Wisteria over it, the supports need to be really strong. I would love one but don't have the room. :cool:
No one else on this planet has room for a pergola the size of that which has been built at the HMN.
Who the hell really wants to promenade through to a dead end or sit in a common garden potager filled with squawking chickens and peacock poo? :rolleyes: 🤮

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I’ve been drinking non alcoholic Martini with a mixer as you can then start drinking mid afternoon and not be asleep by 6pm😂😂. It is £8 in Sainsburys at the moment. I also mix it with soda water
That's really nice, I also enjoy a Crodino and soda 🥂

Reactions: 7
No, I'm not buying that. She seems to have a bigger circle of friends than Dan does - we have seen that in their vlogs. It's not just the hairdressing pics, she seems very happy in that circle. I don't think she is quite the innocent that some would like us to believe. She was complicit in playing along with the happy families scenario and yet the criticism was aimed fully at Dan. She gains from their Patreon too. Sorry Annalise, there's little to choose between you and them.
Annalise seems to get a fair amount of work for herself and alongside others.

View attachment 1404010
But, I don’t want that to be true. 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have a feeling that Nic Larkin is into some extremely kinky things. Should I ask Clara?
Maybe I am to afraid of the answer..
Larkin kinky? Maybe in your dreams. In reality he is only willing to act up (or I should say dress down) for the true love of his life Stephanie Jarvis, who likes him best in tight leather jeans, no top and a bit of fur. She likes fur on all her "man", of which Larkin (I hate to admit) is the most masculine of them all, boring, but definitely masculine.

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
View attachment 1403642

Summer garden party and a sleepover for Annalise and the boys??? Sure. 👌
Annalise needs to learn, NO is a complete sentence.
Other chateaux friends are arriving for the weekend, Gerry arrives Sunday.
Does this mean Chateau DIY will be filming???

View attachment 1403628View attachment 1403629View attachment 1403634
@annalisepricehair
13 hours ago
Absolutely love doing her hair, always such a beautiful result 🌿☀ #chateaudelalande #ruralfrance #orotherapy #ghd @stephanieejarvis @chateaudelalande
Is this the only reason Annalise is still invited to anything? So she’ll keep doing Fannys hair? And does she do it for free?

• Wow
Reactions: 25
@Clara Burnett, I’ll trade you a personalized cheesy bootleg Daddy’s tile ripoff for an extra hot, top secret piece of chateau gossip. Maybe something you’ve been saving for the right moment? Maybe the time is now?
I'm sorry, @Jules100, can I be an avid fan of your work and a party pooper at the same time? I'm kind of fond of my current (and never changing) avatar...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Larkin kinky? Maybe in your dreams. In reality he is only willing to act up (or I should say dress down) for the true love of his life Stephanie Jarvis, who likes him best in tight leather jeans, no top and a bit of fur. She likes fur on all her "man", of which Larkin (I hate to admit) is the most masculine of them all, boring, but definitely masculine.
Oh god he sounds boring..

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It’s all lovely but when in the keys it must be Key lime pie
Love to hear your menu suggestions. Key lime pie loses its charm pretty quickly after your lips start to turn into ceviche. Pastry crust or graham cracker?

Reactions: 5
It’s about time isn’t it! It’s always hard with a divorced couple who gets to keep the friend. Usually you have to choose, at La weird they don’t.
Just guessing here but I would imagine that for YT revenue and continued patreon support for both SJ/Rural Life in France channels, they have devised a strategy between themselves in attempting to keep everybody appear "happy" or, at the very least, not make their viewers feel uncomfortable watching their vlogs.
Annalise needs to make money where she can in connection with her hairdressing skills. Pavlina got her's done too - 2 birds with on stone! And afterwards, Annalise had a few cocktails and then she and the boys got a plate of tuna pasta and a bowl of ice cream - what more could anyone desire?
Dan and Annalise have kept their break up really civil on the surface to date, BUT, who really knows what goes on behind closed doors - not me!
However, I was especially pleased that Annalise mentioned that Jack (I think) got a glowing report regarding him 100% speaking French at school - great achievement for such a young lad imho. He will be teaching his mum and dad to do the same before much longer. :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh god he sounds boring..
Because he is. I have never met a man before with less charisma . Even for a nerd he is beyond the most downplayed meaning of the word boring. I think what binds Larkin to Jarvis is that in a way he has never grown up to be a responsible adult either. He tries to act like one, sometimes, but he always fails. He's a child, a lonely and scared child who hides himself in board- and computergames.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.