The Chateau Diaries #157 You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, caution is advised!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would imagine that you just contact your bank/credit card company in order to stop the monthly payment.
Or, am I being overly stupid to think that that might be how it is done?
You can edit or cancel the monthly Patreon payments by yourself in your profile and membership settings.

60D8CA25-3E73-4897-AE3F-A07A6F9FE1C8.png

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just a small reminder of Stephanie Jarvis' response when her HMN nearly burned down in Januari 2017, but saved by her then guardians Frank & Ivo. She was "holidaying" in Venice at the time and reacted to the news about the fire with a mere '"h that's my nightmare! I am so sorry I can't come home to deal with it because I just spend my last 300 pounds on a Venetian crown". Yes, she's putting other people lives at risk, every single day. She does not care though.
Maybe thats one of the reasons she got rid of Frank and Ivo, spoiling her plans and not letting the fire take the whole Chateau.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Isn't this just playing the little innocent again? Look how naive I am. She went to Oxford for the love of God surely she is not that stupid.
Apparently SJ likes to repeatedly play that "poor me" role when it suits her purpose in life. BUT, those of us who recognise a fully fledged N player, know 100% better!

Reactions: 18
OK heating experts the thing I don't understand is why are the radiators at la la getting holes and leaking? They are only 16-18 years old. At school in my library I have radiators that must be 50 years old and they have never had holes, I been then 18 years and never seen a problem.
The ones in my house are from the 1920’s....just sayin....

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I would imagine that you just contact your bank/credit card company in order to stop the monthly payment.
Or, am I being overly stupid to think that that might be how it is done?
You have to do it through the Patreon website, editing your pledge.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
good god! i knew she was off her rockers but thats crazy. They aren't meant to be display pieces, put them somewhere ( it doesnt have to be displayed on a wall etc) that is easy to access and grab should there be a fire. The chateau is 40 rooms so there should be lots of fire extingushers everywhere. One per jete with a kitchen. a few in the kitchen and one in every room where there will be a open fire or stove and some small ones in guest rooms and in common zones where fires could happen and alarms for fire, CO2 or carbon monoxide in every room

I put my fire extingusher behind a door as its super easy to grab should I ever need it. But hey ho - beauty over practicality and saftey - thats so lieland!

No she didn't, she has had them for ages but she believed they clashed with what she thinks is pretty and be-au-ti-ful....

Reactions: 8
I really enjoyed Stephanie on ETC and discovered the Chateau Diaries and became an avid viewer-a bit of light relief in dark days. Like so many I really enjoyed her quirky sunny nature but as time went on it just began to seem phoney, the videos have now become very formulaic and forced, there is none of the original naturalness and the cast is dull. Quite frankly I have just come to think she is taking the piss so googled her, that led me here months ago. I always thought people who became patreons must be sad lunatics and always thought it was an odd premise but being nosey had to find out for myself just to realise it really is money for nothing now for the life of me can't find how you cancel. She clearly has never been poor or anything like and that is fine but she is actually tight with her own money, she also seems to discard people and although the super cheery facade doesn't ever slip it now seems forced like the high heels to do pretend work for CH4. The persona, the wardrobe all seem fake affected eccentricities to make her appear interesting where I suspect she is actually a neurotic husk of a human being. I used to think she was kind as well but that mask is fast slipping. I visited here months ago but didn't post as it seemed a bit hostile to newcomers but having read lots of posts now I realise that initial perception was wrong. The day that really finished me was when they were washing the tiles for the china room but in the end got bored and left it to some poor grey haired sap. Todays video was laughable she is so up her own arse. I would happily still watch her content if she wasn't milking the money from both patrons and the distasteful gift grab. At this point its seems most of the patrons are muling sycophants who would shower her in compliments even if she was gauging their eyes out with a spoon- in a nutshell it has become nauseating.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
OK heating experts the thing I don't understand is why are the radiators at la la getting holes and leaking? They are only 16-18 years old. At school in my library I have radiators that must be 50 years old and they have never had holes, I been then 18 years and never seen a problem.
I remember when they removed the radiators it was stated they put anti freeze in them and according to Google...
"Do not use automotive antifreeze in heating boiler systems. Some of these can clog the boiler heat exchanger. Some boiler antifreeze products can be tested for the level of rust inhibitor in the system, but not all; if yours can be tested, have that test performed every few years." Might this be the cause of the rust leaks? You be the judge.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Just a small reminder of Stephanie Jarvis' response when her HMN nearly burned down in Januari 2017, but saved by her then guardians Frank & Ivo. She was "holidaying" in Venice at the time and reacted to the news about the fire with a mere '"h that's my nightmare! I am so sorry I can't come home to deal with it because I just spend my last 300 pounds on a Venetian crown". Yes, she's putting other people lives at risk, every single day. She does not care though.
Wow. I rewatched recently the old old xmas diaires from her first yr - she used fake candles and said something about fire and not wanting to cause another like the one that burnt down the old wing in the 1900's - guess if it burnt down she gets an insurance sum for a fire and can swing on holiday and get drunk again without a care.

Reactions: 10
I really enjoyed Stephanie on ETC and discovered the Chateau Diaries and became an avid viewer-a bit of light relief in dark days. Like so many I really enjoyed her quirky sunny nature but as time went on it just began to seem phoney, the videos have now become very formulaic and forced, there is none of the original naturalness and the cast is dull. Quite frankly I have just come to think she is taking the piss so googled her, that led me here months ago. I always thought people who became patreons must be sad lunatics and always thought it was an odd premise but being nosey had to find out for myself just to realise it really is money for nothing now for the life of me can't find how you cancel. She clearly has never been poor or anything like and that is fine but she is actually tight with her own money, she also seems to discard people and although the super cheery facade doesn't ever slip it now seems forced like the high heels to do pretend work for CH4. The persona, the wardrobe all seem fake affected eccentricities to make her appear interesting where I suspect she is actually a neurotic husk of a human being. I used to think she was kind as well but that mask is fast slipping. I visited here months ago but didn't post as it seemed a bit hostile to newcomers but having read lots of posts now I realise that initial perception was wrong. The day that really finished me was when they were washing the tiles for the china room but in the end got bored and left it to some poor grey haired sap. Todays video was laughable she is so up her own arse. I would happily still watch her content if she wasn't milking the money from both patrons and the distasteful gift grab. At this point its seems most of the patrons are muling sycophants who would shower her in compliments even if she was gauging their eyes out with a spoon- in a nutshell it has become nauseating.
Welcome to the truth, enlightened side of Stephanie Jarvis and her CDs.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you for that. :love:
I obviously personally don't require that info but for sure, some people need to know that specific detail, like @Just Grift Wood would appreciate knowing.
All rather a sneaky imho.
That’s good info to save somewhere on tattle, maybe? Not sure how that works though.

Last edited:
  • Heart
we have a wiki for them listing the key info for newbies. It maybe helpful to check it out to understand some context sn lingo we use here
That’s good info to save somewhere on tattle, maybe. Not sure how that works though.

• Heart
OMG! This alone would stop me from ever sleeping in that building. I could never close my eyes under that roof if I thought there was a risk of an electrical fire breaking out while I slept. The timber is so old it could go up in flames before anyone woke up! There is truly something wrong with Fanny…building gardens and buying tat instead of making sure the house is safe, let alone warm.
Do they have smoke and carbon monoxide detectors? Or just fire extinguishers randomly?

Reactions: 7
Well, there you have it. The Shitoo will defo go back a couple of centuries in time to that quaint, "upstairs/downstairs" scenario.

Just a question, I imagine that all the garden staff only get paid by the hour, therefore, no outgoings for them during the winter months. And, as Pavlina is now on the books as a gardener, will she stay on at the HMN during winter because no guests, no gardening, no volunteers generally required, therefore how will she is able to afford her board and lodgings without an income?
To be fair there is gardening in the winter. Clearing brush, greenhouse, preparing beds, repairing and painting garden furniture, even building new planting areas, Ivy removal, raking leaves, etc. it just sucks because it’s cold and there’s no crop to get excited about.

Reactions: 17
Here’s my question. If YouTube dries up, what the hell is she living on? I still say she’s got some source of income she hasn’t disclosed. Maybe $5k a month for life from an annuity or something. If she’s not planning on working and the b&b makes $100k a year net (unlikely), what effing money is she going to use to simply maintain the dump? Oh and why can’t she use all of her YouTube money to fix the heating? Why can’t she use any of her YouTube money for that? Someone needs to ask that question. Don’t have enough in Patreon? Pay for it yourself. Don’t take three trips a month until you have fixed it. Get Potty’s money and Larkin’s money. They own it too.
All of that is just totally too sensible for SJ. She does not live in the “real world”🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️😂

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.