The Chateau Diaries #157 You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, caution is advised!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here you go!
Thanks for sharing this

Aside from Amaury's "real persona" I appreciate his forthright conversation with his cousin. I have had that same conversation with a "visionary" like Stephanie. It's the visionary's job to work the street for the money and she is doing that. It's all about placement of that money. AND bringing the visionary over to the "dark side" of reality. Making the building pretty and looking a certain way is all nice but like Amaury said, fix the roof i.e. fix the envelope. Then do the pretty's. He has a much harder nut to spin than I did - family is involved. Do it once and do it right was my motto. Spend high once so you aren't spending less five times.
This does of course require the visionary to pull in the reins on other purchases. I found as the PM, just do it. The money will re-allocate itself and all will work out.

I do wonder how long till Tante et Oncle buy the niece out and install son as manager/owner.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Damn, Philip is caking on the anti-balding spray...
View attachment 1379682

€300.000 for the heating system. Can't be put in within a year, so it has to be put in over two or three years. Way to hook in Patreon members.
Don't watch Philip's singing at the end. It's just too nausiating. :sick:
Didn't know that Philip was a baritone. The way he struts around like a femme peacock, you'd think he prided himself in being a Soprano. :rolleyes:
Fanny is very overconfident about her long term appeal to Patrons. Patrons may be tired of her at some point and her revenues will plunge. She just doesn’t want to put in heating ever. Two of the three log burners will keep her warm and that is all that matters to her.

Like day drinking is not Fannys friend, hair in a can is not Snort’s friend. If they get desperate for content , maybe they can video local birds bringing sticks and twigs to cover Snorts ever growing bald spot. It would be like a Disney fairytale, so paaaaaaafect!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Thanks for sharing this

Aside from Amaury's "real persona" I appreciate his forthright conversation with his cousin. I have had that same conversation with a "visionary" like Stephanie. It's the visionary's job to work the street for the money and she is doing that. It's all about placement of that money. AND bringing the visionary over to the "dark side" of reality. Making the building pretty and looking a certain way is all nice but like Amaury said, fix the roof i.e. fix the envelope. Then do the pretty's. He has a much harder nut to spin than I did - family is involved. Do it once and do it right was my motto. Spend high once so you aren't spending less five times.
This does of course require the visionary to pull in the reins on other purchases. I found as the PM, just do it. The money will re-allocate itself and all will work out.

I do wonder how long till Tante et Oncle buy the niece out and install son as manager/owner.
It almost sounded like Anne Marie was a Tattler there for a minute. Trying to speak reason to the fool.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Amuary talks sense and Fanny should listen to him, but Fanny doesn't do things properly and doesn't have a sensible bone in her body
  • Do it properly from the start and install a system which you can add on
  • Spend the money when you have the money
  • Good roof and heating – are essential
Wonder how long Amuary will want to stay at the unheated dump??? Don't think he's keen of spending another winter being sick and freezing at the shiteau. Heck, it's June and Fanny is wearing a hot water bottle. However, she is installing a log burner in the Marquis Sitting Room so guess that's where Amuary & Natti are going to stay (atleast in winter)

What about the B&B guests who are wandering in the woods in the rain and come back into the shiteau with no heating?

Fanny doesn't want to sack everyone to get the work done. Don't think that will be an issue. I'll be surprised if Dan & Pavlina are still there by Christmas and the gardeners don't work in the winter.

Mummy & Percy
  • August & September at the shiteau
  • October & November in England
  • December at the shiteau (Let's hope Snorty's parents come for Christmas too) 🎄:ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Fanny is very overconfident about her long term appeal to Patrons. Patrons may be tired of her at some point and her revenues will plunge. She just doesn’t want to put in heating ever. Two of the three log burners will keep her warm and that is all that matters to her.
Stephanie is so very lucky that one of the three log burners will be installed in her very own office area, right outside her bedroom. She will stay snug and warm and so cozy all winter.

Also, did anyone notice when Steph and Amaury were talking about the dead bushes, Amaury said they should talk to Ombeline about it when she comes back next year? She must be a really good third gardener for Stephanie to keep her on the monthly payroll when she’s not even there. There’s a lot of BS going on in regards to that payroll.

2nd Also, is there no Patreon savings from the last two years except for the lake fund? Around $33,000 a month or so for about 2 years? Plus insane YouTube money, plus other well to do owners Nic & Potty?

WTF?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Snorty 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Fanny thinks Snorty's beanie is classic. No, Snorty's beanie is disgusting and rank.

Snorty - "300K, for that price just buy another house". Yah Snorty, you go do that! Use your allowance Squirrelboy and go buy your own 300K house. You lazy, infantile, unemployed, no talent, can't sing, porcelain polishing, music school dropout cum gigolo/beard.

Snorty sings - Time to Say Goodbye'. Please take the hint Snorty, it is indeed time for you to say goodbye! You're well past your sell by date!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
I rarely watch any of the videos anymore but I did watch a clip of the Patreon video today. And now for some reason I have an overwhelming urge to rewatch Grey Gardens. 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Stephanie is so very lucky that one of the three log burners will be installed in her very own office area, right outside her bedroom. She will stay snug and warm and so cozy all winter.

Also, did anyone notice when Steph and Amaury were talking about the dead bushes, Amaury said they should talk to Ombeline about it when she comes back next year? She must be a really good third gardener for Stephanie to keep her on the monthly payroll when she’s not even there. There’s a lot of BS going on in regards to that payroll.

2nd Also, is there no Patreon savings from the last two years except for the lake fund? Around $33,000 a month or so for about 2 years? Plus insane YouTube money, plus other well to do owners Nic & Potty?

WTF?
I caught that too. Who works for you one week a year? Grad student?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Most patrons are blinded by the smoke & mirrors and believe a phased approach makes paaaaafaaaact sense.
Most patrons are also deaf and seemed to enjoy Snorty's singing.

However these 2 patrons are a special kind of stupid (as interest rates a rising)......
Ronald M Cyr
If you have equity in the Chateau, can't you get a line of credit or a 2nd mortgage so you pay the heating improvements over a number of years?

Rachelle Leddy
Or a small business loan! Great idea

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Amaury "wants advice" about the dying bushes from Patreon or possibly from Ombeline "next year? Why not get Davy on the pink phone? It was his planting scheme after all?
Fanny and Fifi were so cold that they needed a hot water bottle and a beanie respectively - and yet neither thought, as Amaury did, to put on a jacket outdoors? Fortunately it was so effective that she was able to wear a strappy sundress indoors.
Snorty must be about to audition again - (perhaps for the part of a wailing banshee?) and took the opportunity to showcase himself at the end. What actually came across is that he has no idea about duetting in his efforts to "shine", by completely drowning out the other singer.

One final chorus and then "Time To Say Goodbye" indeed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Some patron's speak sense, but don't think Fanny is listening.....
Lenore Bauer
These are the realities and responsibilities of owning such a large property , of this age & history and construction type. I can only imagine what the monthly expense for this will be. As you started putting funds aside for the lake, perhaps you should start putting $ aside for future maintenance & repairs (roof, plumbing, wiring etc)

Thank God this patron isn't Fanny's real estate agent.....he's encouraging Fanny to continue travelling south each winter
Phillip Richardson
Are you over capitalising? Ask a Real Estate agent if you would recoup a €300k heating system. It seems the Geothermal is looking after the building already so adding a few wood burners seems like the sensible thing, anyway see how you go after one winter. Great entertainment btw with the mini performances - when will see the finished room?

Phillip Richardson
That’s fine if money is no object but it is here, not to mention the running costs! To go down this path you would expect at least some pay back and that will only come if you want to increase the B’nB business and run it as a full business. Preserving the building is important but braving the elements are secondary. Just think what you could do with that money, travel in winter to the Southern Hemisphere!

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
Thank You @ComtesseRose for creating a new thread with my nomination and a big thank you @MRShavershamsdress & @Lady Avonlea for coming up with the title as I couldn’t of said it better. I haven’t been to the lounge yet but I hope they serve virgin mojito’s as I don’t drink.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Dan lost 1,100 subscribers when he came clean about his marriage at the start of 2022. His viewership has also dropped between 35-50% in 2022.
Miraculously, in the past 2 month's Dan's gained back 1,200 subscribers.
Something smell's fishy! His vlogs are published irregularly, they're boring and his viewership is down dramatically, yet subscribers are up????
Could Dan be buying subscriptions?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Here’s my question. If YouTube dries up, what the hell is she living on? I still say she’s got some source of income she hasn’t disclosed. Maybe $5k a month for life from an annuity or something. If she’s not planning on working and the b&b makes $100k a year net (unlikely), what effing money is she going to use to simply maintain the dump? Oh and why can’t she use all of her YouTube money to fix the heating? Why can’t she use any of her YouTube money for that? Someone needs to ask that question. Don’t have enough in Patreon? Pay for it yourself. Don’t take three trips a month until you have fixed it. Get Potty’s money and Larkin’s money. They own it too.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Also, when she had the electrical fire at lie Lande while she was partying in Venice because it wasn’t done properly. I don’t know if she ever fixed it since she got the Patron funds.
I do know: she didn't. It involves rewiring at least the three-phase wires between the Larkin cottage where the main power comes in (and where the fire was) and the geothermal system it feeds (in the laundry room) That means breaking open a lot of things Stephanie Jarvis is not willing to break open once again, afraid of the disasters she will find there. None of the work done to this area before was done properly, so she's right about that: it would be a major project. She has put a veto on it, no matter the risks of another electrical fire. When he still worked there it was one of Ians high concerns, as he also needed more power coming into the shittoo for the two new gîtes he was working on and had to deal with the power supplier arranging that without any authorization from Stephanie Jarvis, being the one paying for it (well, have others pay it for he, as usual). Needles to say that up until now that hasn't happened either.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
On the subject of Larkin and Potty paying for their own home... Hell Mummy and Percy for that matter... Mummy may have prepaid but Jerry didn't... Anyway way back the Skankster was asking Larkin and Potty what renovations they wanted to see... Potty wanted a swimming pond and a tandori oven... The oven was like 3k or something... YouTube has videos on how to make one with cob aka mud for under 50 bucks but whatever... If you remember for channel 4 Skankanee filmed them cleaning up and draining the pond so Potty had his swimming pond... Selmar made a key for the sluese gate... Then the bimbo found out she needed a permit after she drained yet another pond... Here's the thing though if Potty wants a swimming pond and tandori oven at his vacation home he should pay for it... He should pay for maintenance... I have a swimming pond and it does take maintenance.. Everyone else wanted a pool and b&b guests expect a pool... These people can't keep a fountain from turning green so they buy more and the pool will need another gardener at least once a week to clean it and put in chemicals... None of this restoration... Yes the fishery needed maintenance but that could wait until after the heat... But Skankster will do anything for Potty and to get on Channel 4 so there's that...

Reactions: 24
Here’s my question. If YouTube dries up, what the hell is she living on? I still say she’s got some source of income she hasn’t disclosed. Maybe $5k a month for life from an annuity or something. If she’s not planning on working and the b&b makes $100k a year net (unlikely), what effing money is she going to use to simply maintain the dump? Oh and why can’t she use all of her YouTube money to fix the heating? Why can’t she use any of her YouTube money for that? Someone needs to ask that question. Don’t have enough in Patreon? Pay for it yourself. Don’t take three trips a month until you have fixed it. Get Potty’s money and Larkin’s money. They own it too.
Someone should also mention to her that we see through the I-cannot-sack-anyone nonsense, because we know she can and won't hesitate the moment someone loses his or her purpose for being there. Her "staff" at the same time should realize that the only reason they are there in the first place is creating content for her shitshow.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I do know: she didn't. It involves rewiring at least the three-phase wires between the Larkin cottage where the main power comes in (and where the fire was) and the geothermal system it feeds (in the laundry room) That means breaking open a lot of things Stephanie Jarvis is not willing to break open once again, afraid of the disasters she will find there. None of the work done to this area before was done properly, so she's right about that: it would be a major project. She has put a veto on it, no matter the risks of another electrical fire. When he still worked there it was one of Ians high concerns, as he also needed more power coming into the shittoo for the two new gîtes he was working on and had to deal with the power supplier arranging that without any authorization from Stephanie Jarvis, being the one paying for it (well, have others pay it for he, as usual). Needles to say that up until now that hasn't happened either.
In the USA Ian would loose his license for not bringing the system up to code... Idk what happens in France... Between the Flueries hanging rats nest of wires and Dan's hack job bs I was wondering if they get away with that why half of France hasn't went up in smoke... But again whatever...

Skankanee already said she isn't putting her own money into the shitshow... Apparently neither are Larkin or Potty...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.