The Chateau Diaries #156 Believe your 👀, not SJ’s lies. The Chateau is filthy, gross and full of idiots!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That makes perfect sense. Larkin was the knight in shining armor who took out a mortgage to help Fanny get the farmhouse, helped in the initial renovation, and gave money to Fanny personally ( he had just purchased a car for her a couple of years ago) and helped pay a lot of the overhead. I am sure after Daddy died, the pressure on him to help Fanny and maintain the dump increased significantly.

Fanny probably continued to love bomb him and play the little orphan who needed to be rescued. But suddenly, she comes into crazy amounts of YouTube and Patreon funding, and he was probably tossed aside as he was not needed financially, etc. Fanny begins to place her garish decorating plans into place at the Shittoo without consulting him and has steamrolled Larkin into making lots of decisions that devalue the place or cannot be maintained in the future or didn’t bother to consult him at all.

Then he has to watch videos with 25 year old boy band reject Snorts going freely into his family’s cottage and walking around like he was that Marquis. Punchable faced Snorts has crawled all over the Shittoo and knows everything about everything. He is super nosy. If just watching Snorts in 30 minute videos pisses us all off, being around him for hours or days would be intolerable.

I would imagine that the fight at Christmas was about concubine Snorts acting like he owns the place and being bossy and entitled, and Larkin was fed up with him and feeling like he was being excluded from using the property that he had to pay for with a mortgage and has been a financial and mental albatross for the past 15 years, especially dealing with constant “emergencies” created by Fanny. Snorts encourages Fanny’s reckless spending and poor decorating decisions. And since the YouTube channel exploded, all of a sudden the place is over run with the Tartan terror visiting frequently, cuz has moved in, Mummy has an apartment made for her, etc.

The 50% Shittelaine has taken over 90% of the Shittoo and Larkin feels pushed out.

Potts only owns 10% so he doesn’t care and Fanny renovated an apartment for him. But now Fanny and Potts own 60% of the Shittoo and will always stick together so Larkin is now in the minority on a property he has been responsible for 15 + years. He feels pushed out. It is no longer his home and he lost control. And he has dealt with Fanny calling him 3 times per day for years. I imagine this shitshow situation the past 2 to 3 years has put additional stress on his marriage. Fanny puts them in legal jeopardy constantly with her decisions.
I’m very curious to know how it was decided to squeeze Pottsies 10% of the shitoooo out of Larkin’s mortgaged 50%. Surely the mortgage holder has some say in that. Unless Nic has paid it off already? At which point you wonder what hold Fanny used to accomplish the asset transfer?

Reactions: 17
Same reason he wears pristine white Converse trainers when building stable dividers with Mick on Sunday. Little intention of doing much Work, just preening. His time is better spent with Ernest, who he seems to have a great relationship with.
I stopped watching Sadie when his work truck was stolen and all his tools. Next thing you know, Sadie was begging people to send money to help him. What a grifter! I suspect his vehicle was repossessed. I don’t think he has any work ethic at all and he strikes me as one of those guys who takes longer in front of mirror than their partner. If I remember correctly, they then had a coastal vacation somewhere because they were so stressed out and deserved a break. FU! Stress? I’ll give you stress…mother fkrs.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m very curious to know how it was decided to squeeze Pottsies 10% of the shitoooo out of Larkin’s mortgaged 50%. Surely the mortgage holder has some say in that. Unless Nic has paid it off already? At which point you wonder what hold Fanny used to accomplish the asset transfer?
According to Clara, Larkin paid off the mortgage himself. I think Potts became 10 percent owner in 2017 or 2018? I think it may have had to do with Larkin marrying Marie and IJ and Fanny were worried Marie would take over the Shittoo and Larkin was still under Fannys influence and agreed to sell 10% to Potts? Or have I misremembered? That is my best guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Hi! Long time lurker here, once-in-awhile, and a long time watcher of CD. I think I’m going to finally give it up. I can’t watch those hands and that black fingernail polish anymore! Totally grossed me out! What in the world! Why would a successful, grown woman ruin herself with this dude? She’s going to regret it at some point - I’m sorry! Also, why in the world didn’t she stick with Potts? He’s hot and grown up and they are actually a good match in the style and looks department though Potts could totally land himself a gorgeous, talented, successful and MATURE woman! Gosh I’ve “forgiven” this thing, and that thing, over the years - none of us are perfect right? Plus, I find differences to add interest but SHEESH I can’t take this dude anymore! So disappointing.

Whew! That is all. Thanks for “listening”!
Totally Agree @ u forget sj has narcissistic traits ..not able to truly show mature love ..these exes I would suggest reached their tolerance level at feeling empty whilst being her partner ..or perhaps they wanted a family ? sj is playing mum to phi phi ..soooo he serves a purpose..gives her meaning to boss him around ..and he can be an actor ..with pretend posh bourgeoisie accent ! such a player both of them ! if not for the grubby shitoo I'd suggest ..both of them would not see any attraction in each other ..? both settling ..cos its the best they can get sadly

• Heart
Believe me, what she is using to control him might not be too shocking to us, it has kept him from producing other table setting bs on 'his' yt channel. He is only allowed to venture out to what she wants him to venture out to, ergo if and when it suits her narrative.

Nothing Squirrelpants Cameltoe is doing will ever make Larkin very happy, but at least we know he's learning something from the love of his live: how to manipulate reality into a narrative that comforts him. I on the other hand will never give up on touting the obvious in reply: Larkin f'ing hates you, boy.
My thoughts too... since when did he become Larkins spokesperson..25K that's quite a few Donation acknowledgements they should still have..I doubt they are available for scrutiny though... He really thinks he is on the big boys table, sorry PhiPhi go back to your high chair and rattle.

So far behind....again! Congrat Linus on your VIPness :D:D
yes Congratulations @Linus ..

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Love the Potts Intel, it was the relationship between the three owners and an extra ex-husband that brought be to tattle in the first place. Trying to piece together the international backstory of SJ's life, it never would have happened just watching CD and it's way more interesting.

I am as fascinated as ever, can't wait to see what sends Phillip on his way as per Selmar and Marie. Am waiting in hope for Annaliese to have her big duck you moment to nasty Dan. Hope she bags a rich french dude with a big ... farmhouse. Can't wait to see what fuckery the unholy Nat and Amaury alliance brings. And I am highly anticipating caustic Mummy's return and how her reintegration to a very changed LL will be handled for the vlogs.
If you haven’t already watched them, the “interviews” with Olly and Potty are enlightening. Particularly to understand the saviour complex her Oxford friend Olly has with her. I still have a hunch that something happened during the Oxford years to make these men so protective despite a marriage post university.
In addition to the @Clara Burnett intel over time; I am still intrigued by SJ’s pronouncement on her the vlogs multiple times, her and Nic will live in old age together. Quite a promise for Marie to sign up her pension for!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Why does Larkin hate Phi Phi so much? While Potts seems to tolerate PhiPhi?
I would guess if Potty is still dipping his wick its not tolerance but peacock strutting given that Phiphi is not impressing anyone with his tail feathers. Let's be honest there is no comparison between the two of them, even conversationally and humour. I know who I'd rather chat to over a coffee.

Reactions: 22
View attachment 1372464
isabel andrade
prije 55 sekundi
wow phillip not a manicure too,

View attachment 1372465
Wildflower wind
prije 1 minutu
Why does Philip want to get rid of everything.
Because he gets his jollies shopping !!! he knows they need space for his purchases ..I feel he is spraying his .....man essence ..around to make it harder to rid the shitoo of him in a moment ..give him time to retrieve his stuff tit ...stay another day etc ...planting his roots ...for longevity or so he thinks ??

Reactions: 15
I would guess if Potty is still dipping his wick its not tolerance but peacock strutting given that Phiphi is not impressing anyone with his tail feathers. Let's be honest there is no comparison between the two of them, even conversationally and humour. I know who I'd rather chat to over a coffee.
But who would you rather dance a Charleston with?

If you haven’t already watched them, the “interviews” with Olly and Potty are enlightening. Particularly to understand the saviour complex her Oxford friend Olly has with her. I still have a hunch that something happened during the Oxford years to make these men so protective despite a marriage post university.
In addition to the @Clara Burnett intel over time; I am still intrigued by SJ’s pronouncement on her the vlogs multiple times, her and Nic will live in old age together. Quite a promise for Marie to sign up her pension for!
I think Fanny has played Nic, Ollie, and potts against each other in the past.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
They only have guests about 22/24 weekends a year, so not much walk-in trade. So it will primarily be online, but honestly why buy an old tea-cup from them when I can go to my own local charity shop, auction or estate sale and find the same thing?

If they start selling their own merchandise (ex: t shits, shopping bags, aprons, tea cups, wrapping paper, etc)
  • who is going to oversee the online site and handle customer inquiries?
  • where will they source the items from and what quantities?
  • what about quality control?
  • where will they store the products?
  • will they use a fulfillment house?
  • what type of POS system will they use?
  • what type of inventory system will they use?
  • who will maintain/update their website?
  • will Fanny refund items which arrive broken due to poor packing?
  • will they allow return items?
So many real business decisions and these 2 imbeciles don't have a clue and are both lazy. Running a real business is more than just making things 'pretty'. If this becomes a viable, commercial venture I'll eat my hat, but I firmly believe Fanny will quickly become bored of it all and this will die a natural death.
This is my point as well! They have shown time and time again that they are incapable of doing the very basics of running any kind of business handling emails, phones and accounting for the bnb and the day to day management of the chateau. Running a shop is legit work…

She has no clue what it is or where it is.

If she gave him a BJ, a shyster might give some tit advice.

WTF???? A heat wave just went thru France!!! How damn cold can it be??? Fanny is a Fruit Loop.
Heatwave !!! poor neglectful animal husbandry ..too !
sj brags about surviving heatwave then chirps ..how good that sheep are only now being shawn ! even Grant weeks ago said sheep needed shearing back then ! not her 1st priority hey ..if she made moolah from sheeps back i would bet her fav mug that those sheep would have been shawn on time ? poor suffering sentient creatures being at her mercy ..oh I mean neglect

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Who knows why any of these characters feel the way they do. Jealousy? Larkin's influence on the charlataine over the years has faded considerably. He has tried to make it look like that was his own choice, but it's not that easy to forget how much he has invested (time as well as money) in the LaLa project, that has more or less become unusable for his part of the family. They can't freely spend time there anymore without being sucked into the amoral shenanigans of Stephanie Jarvis and her LapSquirrel, who have put the eyes of the world on his holiday home, scrutinizing every single move he makes, bagged or not bagged.
This makes my thought of her saving Patreon money to buy out the other investors make even more sense. She doesn't need him anymore so discard... he loses all the emotional investment but gets his money back. :(

Reactions: 11
Maybe Larkin was more than happy to offload some of the responsibility, if there was another investor willing to carry some of the burden... It wasn't a successful venture till 2+ years ago... thank you Patreons.

It may be that baghead was in need of money so this was an opportunity to get some quick without jeopardising his main living quarters in Belgium.

This makes my thought of her saving Patreon money to buy out the other investors make even more sense. She doesn't need him anymore so discard... he loses all the emotional investment but gets his money back. :(
I don’t think she would buy him out because she likes to have control over Larkin and would not want to lose the narc supply she has been getting from him for decades. Also, she wants to spend her money on herself, not the Shittoo. The patreon/ YouTube money flow will slow down or stop eventually, and she will need his help again, financially and otherwise. With her repeated comments about them growing old together, she is in it for the long term. She loves having someone to call 3 times per day. The fact that he has a wife and she can interfere or complicate their marriage just gives her bigger rush.

Reactions: 20
Wow!!! Yesterday's, 6/27/22 gift grab, was a hot mess. Stephanie Jarvis was M.I.A., again.

1537897334238.gif

GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks Heeey people how re you all?
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks *are
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks Salut tout le mode
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks I have been creting SLIDES for a FREE EVENT this Wednesday!
Edward Kenneth Hello @GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks Hope all is well.
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks @Edward Kenneth thank you yes! I do lives here on yt every tuesday 12 noon UK time

đź‘Ť
Diana Elizabeth Bashford Hello every one. How are you all.
Diana Elizabeth Bashford Please remember to press the thumbs up button
DeAnn P @diana Elizabeth Bashford Done
Judith Barden @ Diana Elizabeth Bashford thank you for the reminder

200w.gif

Percy Attfield Hi everyone.
Isabelle Jarvis Good evening everyone
Philip Janssen Hi everyone!!

2020-goodbye-july-hello-august-animation.gif

Percy Attfield @diana Elizabeth Bashford both of us are well.
Percy Attfield @Annette sharrock bonsoir, we are both well thank you.
Percy Attfield @Sandra butcher we are well thank you.
Priscilla Catania Hi from NY! When are Percy and Isabelle coming to the chateau?
Percy Attfield @priscilla Catania we hope sometime in August.

wow-will-smith.gif

annette sharrock @Philip Janssen hello hows you
Philip Janssen @Annette sharrock A bit under the weather, but getting better :)
Sweet Baby J @Philip J you should always take a Covid test if you have symptoms & maybe a 2nd if you’re still having symptoms a few days later.
Philip Janssen @Sweet Baby J Definitely, but this is an allergic reaction
Sweet Baby J @Philip J, do you know what got you this time?
Philip Janssen @Celeste I’m on the mend! But getting better :)
M Parker @Philip Janssen I'm sorry to hear you were poorly.

FavoriteHardtofindAyeaye-size_restricted.gif

Ossian Lore @Philip Janssen you know about the history and structures of the chateau dont you? i have a reconstruction drawing im working on, think I can push the chateau's age back a century or two.. interested?
Percy Attfield @Ossian Lore Do you have proof the chateau is older than what our documents state
Ossian Lore not documentary proof Percy, but the building itself has some interesting hints
Philip Janssen @Ossian Lore That’s so cool!
Percy Attfield@ Ossian Lore Buildings speak

04c111c5-254c-4625-8f16-29ea4c9523f7_text.gif

Jean Minnifee @Philip will you be doing anymore videos on your channel?
Philip Janssen @Jean Minnifee I will! I have three videos filmed, but it’s very difficult to find the time to edit them!
KeyAnguishedFly-max-1mb.gif

M Parker @Philip Janssen hi Philip! Before I forget, I DM'd Stephanie a link earlier today; a favorite Instagramer of mine is hosting a giveaway. She designs beautiful fabrics from her paintings. She is a
M Parker @Philip Janssen her paintings and now fabrics are just amazing. But I think some designs would make absolutely stunning table covers for a Garden Party or some of the panels for cushions.
M Parker @Philip Janssen anyway, I thought it worth mentioning! It's a giveaway so you all could win some truly lovely fabrics
Philip Janssen @M Parker Thank you! I’ll tell Steph! Super thoughtful of you :)
M Parker @Angela Pa her giveaway is on Instagram and all you have to do is follow her and her collaborator friend(can unfollow later if you don't like) and comment which of her fabrics you like best.
M Parker @Angela Pa I did forget that part lol. Julia Allison Cost
Angela Pa @M Parker I will subscribe

GrotesqueUntriedHatchetfish-size_restricted.gif

Sweet Baby J Philip really loves keys
Philip Janssen @Sweet Baby J Luckily it isn’t! :)
Sweet Baby J I hope you’ll open my special package soon
Sweet Baby J @Philip J are you putting anything from today’s gifting in the new shop
Philip Janssen @Sweet Baby J We don’t and won’t sell gifts!
Philip Janssen @Sweet Baby J I though you mentioned in last week’s video that you were 15, or am I mistaking you for someone else? Sweet Baby J @Philip J, not me, I wish! Ha! Philip Janssen @Sweet Baby J My mistake!
Sweet Baby J @Philip J, love that little black sign, where did you end up putting it?
Philip Janssen @Sweet Baby J On the side of the fridge!
Sweet Baby J @Philip J, is the disco tape still keeping the peacocks away?

he-aint-coming-no-coming.gif

Dru A Any word on when the chapel will be worked on ywt?
Philip Janssen @Dru A The chapel restorer keeps promising new dates and doesn’t actually start. As soon as he starts, it’ll be on the vlog :)

ezgif-4-50ae46bdd577-1590594453.gif

John Yapp I love the genuineness of Stephanies unwrapping comments plus the others, they must feel a bit drunk with stuff after a while… great gifts I must say!
Linda Lord I was shocked on Sunday by the amount of crockery that you have in the chateau. In the current climate of poverty maybe it is time to stop asking people to send you things that you don't need.
John Yapp I noticed that Linda Lord
Philip Janssen @Linda Lorde 1. Most of those things we bought ourselves and 2. We never ask people to send us anything :)
Peggy Vick & Linda Lord Stephanie has NEVER asked for anything, & is in fact embarrassed, but so appreciate people who love her.
Jean Minnifee Linda Lord they don’t ask anyone to send them things. That’s mean to say that
Sarah Bee Linda Lord I'm confused at how you think the impoverished will benefit from things like Christmas Plates, Scarves, and Paintings.

troll-train-train-ride.gif

Peggy Vick Anyone see an ad yet❓. YTUBE isn’t putting them on❓‼. This channel is to raise money for charity, but YTUBE no ads.
keith j I rewatch episodes, watch ads, click on ads, and email links to friends...my continued effort to 'say thanks"
M Parker @Peggy Vick but even days without ads, it helps to watch because it keeps the numbers of watches up enough that YouTube keeps the channel in Monetary Level, meaning it qualifies for ads.
M Parker @Lisa Kilmer if you're referring to Sarah bee, just ignore; they've popped back on to troll occasionally since 2020 if I'm remembering correctly.
Peggy Vick @M Parker, It’s sad that people are so miserable, they want to spread their own misery
Lisa Kilmer @M Parker There was another person who seemed confused. Trolls are sad
M Parker @Peggy Vick also people belong to businesses where they're hired to troll vlogs that are getting more popular. Dreadful way to make a living. Used to bother me badly, but learning slowly to ignore.

1656416351823.png

M Parker Is Tye wearing a Ranger's Outfit? Can't quite see.
Philip Janssen @M Parker I think so!
Mary Beshay TY that's so funny, it's a beanie. it's name is inside that tag
M Parker @Philip Janesn as @mary Beshay mentioned, there should be a name inside the Tye Beanie Baby Squirrel's Tag

reaction-shade.gif

Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts she could go atop the christmas tree
Ossian Lore tea cosy you could fit the peacock under it!
Sweet Baby J @Philip J, is that big doll an unusual lamp shade?
Gillian Wheeler so disappointed that Stephanie didn't put the tea cosy on her head

200w (1).gif

Charlotte Dickens I thought Nik hated the whole idea of the Cadeaux and yet he's been sent a gift?
Philip Janssen @Charlotte Dickens As the ad revenue gets sent to charity, he’s very happy about the good we’re doing (
Charlotte Dickens @Philip Janssen that's quite a turn around .
Philip Janssen @Charlotte Dickens €25k a year for charity is something to be happy about! :)
kris morris @Charlotte Dickens, have you understood why this cadeaux occurs and money sent to charities each month?

7883dc30-f865-474c-8aeb-9956497f4175_text.gif

Patrick Lallier Philip do you have a breed of dog in mind the moment Stephanie says yes?
Philip Janssen @Patrick Lallier I have a few in mind! A dog like Ziggy would be great for example :)
Patrick Lallier Is Ziggy a vischla (sp?
Philip Janssen @Patrick Lallier I believe so!
Patrick Lallier Did anyone else see the latest How to Renovate… when sweet Ziggy wanted to follow Phillip up his ladder?
Philip Janssen @Patrick Lallier Too cute!

417ddd43-b58c-4f0a-915b-8ebe0c91d7ba_text.gif

Jelena Novakovic There are 2K people who have yet to click 'like' - easy to do!
Dru A @Jelena Novakovic I never understand why people watching don't like
Jelena Novakovic @Dru A I've always clicked 'like' before the start, as I know I'm going to like it, otherwise I wouldn't be here! 2,500 people watching, under 500 like, so 2K need to get 'liking!'
Dru A @Philip Janssen you need to explain how liking the videos helps with the money raised for charity
Philip Janssen @Dru A Likes help with the YouTube algorithm - more views mean more money for charity :)

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif

Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight everyone thank you for being here.
Philip Janssen Thank you all so much
Percy Attfield Thank you for joining us. Bey now

200.gif

Cathy Miller Click "like" before you go!
Dru A I know but so many don't thumbs up the vlogs
Dru A Like the video please!!!
Peggy Vick HIT LIKE

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
My favourite is the Koi carp. They did a fantastic job there as back in the day it was just a dusty old car park. See you're from the same neck of the woods as me.
Sadly was only there for a holiday. Brexit and CoVid Made me rethink retirement plans

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.