The Chateau Diaries #156 Believe your 👀, not SJ’s lies. The Chateau is filthy, gross and full of idiots!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching Sadies e-bike commercial: why does somebody, who is about to start a youtube channel about fitness, needs an e-bike to assist with paddling?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
ADHD was first diagnosed in the early 1900s. The first child I personally worked with who had a diagnosis of ADHd was in 1973. I do agree with you though, that she doesn't present as autistic in any form to me.
I’ve always felt and still do that she has a level of ADHD, I agree not Autism. Like all of these diagnoses they all have the stereotypical cliches ‘ADHD means hyperactive all of the time” but in fact it’s a multifaceted condition with a myriad of symptoms which almost all I see in her. All of which you’ve seen first hand Jeeves I’m sure, what a rewarding job to help children who are wired in such a way they rarely fit mainstream classroom schooling. I suppose we’ll never really know unless she gets diagnosed and flogs about it, I was diagnosed in my 40’s. I was getting a diagnosis for Dyspraxia (which I knew I had) and came out with a 100% ADHD diagnosis too 😳

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
As I explained earlier, I gave up on trying to understand the ins and outs of their rather perverse relationship a long time ago. They pretend to be best friends always but somehow it's clear to everyone involved that the bus doesn't stop there. The relationship between Stephany Jarvis and Potty takes precedence over all, once you know about it it's pretty explicit. It's not something that is ever discussed with the rest of the entourage though, they just blink and look the other way.
The answer is simple Oxford.Thats were it starts and ends.Once they have all been there that's it.Philip will never be fully in that circle of trussssttt!

Reactions: 21
They only have guests about 22/24 weekends a year, so not much walk-in trade. So it will primarily be online, but honestly why buy an old tea-cup from them when I can go to my own local charity shop, auction or estate sale and find the same thing?

If they start selling their own merchandise (ex: t shits, shopping bags, aprons, tea cups, wrapping paper, etc)
  • who is going to oversee the online site and handle customer inquiries?
  • where will they source the items from and what quantities?
  • what about quality control?
  • where will they store the products?
  • will they use a fulfillment house?
  • what type of POS system will they use?
  • what type of inventory system will they use?
  • who will maintain/update their website?
  • will Fanny refund items which arrive broken due to poor packing?
  • will they allow return items?
So many real business decisions and these 2 imbeciles don't have a clue and are both lazy. Running a real business is more than just making things 'pretty'. If this becomes a viable, commercial venture I'll eat my hat, but I firmly believe Fanny will quickly become bored of it all and this will die a natural death.
Even Philip seems enthusiastic buying and sourcing new trinkets as his new vocation it becomes difficult to find a steady supply if they want the selection to be curated but I guess everything they buy fits under the Lielande brand. TBH their crockery isn't that special, there are myriads of sets for sale especially if you're willing to buy only two cups and three saucers from one set. I can see how they tried to collect a beautiful mismatched set but their taste is too unfocused and fuzzy, most of all they don't have the patience to do it. They were hoping everything would miraculously go together without any further thought since they're such tastemakers. With older china there's always the question if the colors and glazing have lead in them, even the quantities are barely measurable, why voluntarily eat/drink lead when you can avoid it?

It shows how bored they are trying to pass time buying any cheap tit they remotely like. Now the cupboards are bursting.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
“Isn’t it beautiful when two disgusting and awful people find each other?” Chelsea Handler (who was on fire, by the way) regarding Ginni and Clarance f-n Thomas last night on Jimmy Kimmel. And, I thought to myself, that also could be said about a few people at lalaland. Because I don’t want to be the cause of anyone missing out on heaven, I won’t name names, but, we all know. So much disgusting behavior going on. And, what about all those people gathering around these disgusting arseholes and doing or saying nothing? I think those flying monkeys bother me more cuz I otherwise would like them but for the fact they are complicit with everything going on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The answer is simple Oxford.Thats were it starts and ends.Once they have all been there that's it.Philip will never be fully in that circle of trussssttt!
Not Stephending however SJ met Potts via Olly. After her marriage break up she went to live with him in London. At one of his work events (she invited herself) she met Potts. At Oxford she met Olly and Nic.

Reactions: 21
Can't believe I'm saying this but YES! Michael Petherick is 1000x better than Philip...
Well thank you soooo much for those lovely words about baby. Yes, he is indeed 10000x better than anyone…
Such words really warm my heart. ❤
That makes you also 1000x better than a lot of tattlers here.

...and I hate Michael!
Oh… well I take it back if you say such things

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I should have been clearer - the "ADHD" label per se wasn't attached until the early 80s, when Fanny was around 4 years old. Previously, children were identified as clinically hyperactive with attention and behavioural difficulties and often medicated. Methylphenidate (Ritalin ) has been introduced very much earlier than this. I don't recall what the child I knew was prescribed - maybe Dexedrine?)
You’re thinking of Benzedrine, not Dexedrine. I was diagnosed ADD in 1972 and began Ritalin at the same time. Within a year my parents had decided to change me from pharmaceutical therapy to talk therapy to learn coping skills to channel the energy. They hated the effect Ritalin had on me. At the time dosing effects for hyperactive children were not as well understood as they are now. I was on an extremely high dose that rendered me all but insensate. I think kids at the time were referred to as malcontent or maladjusted. Or something to that effect. ADD and ADHD as medical terminology was still years away. My school teachers also recommended my removal from the drug. I can still remember how sick I was, 50 years later. Probably has some to do with my lifelong reluctance to take medication.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh , hasn't Disney Prince lost weight ! probs cos he's the only man lifting his weight and doing a days work ...oh Phi Phi s mum must be sooo proud that her boy spends his day as a hoard clearer and plate handler then an unloved gigolo for Fanny by night ...A totally transactional relationship indeed ..! He thinks he's hit the jackpot ...free living ..able to practice bohemian asexual traits ..all the while playing master of the shitoo ..such naive delusion to observe ..one day he may grow chestnuts and put himself 1st to Fannys Menopausal aging demands ...then he will know it was never love ! he will be discarded as quick as day ..NEXT haha

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My grandchildren loved these... yes I’m one of the not so gullible grannies!
My favourite is the Koi carp. They did a fantastic job there as back in the day it was just a dusty old car park. See you're from the same neck of the woods as me.

Reactions: 7
Love the Potts Intel, it was the relationship between the three owners and an extra ex-husband that brought be to tattle in the first place. Trying to piece together the international backstory of SJ's life, it never would have happened just watching CD and it's way more interesting.

I am as fascinated as ever, can't wait to see what sends Phillip on his way as per Selmar and Marie. Am waiting in hope for Annaliese to have her big duck you moment to nasty Dan. Hope she bags a rich french dude with a big ... farmhouse. Can't wait to see what fuckery the unholy Nat and Amaury alliance brings. And I am highly anticipating caustic Mummy's return and how her reintegration to a very changed LL will be handled for the vlogs.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Why does Larkin hate Phi Phi so much? While Potts seems to tolerate PhiPhi?
Have you been watching Phillip at all 🤣 🤣 ???!!! Quite literally anyone with a brain who has seen through him would loathe the simpering fool.🤣 Probably can see how he's ingratiated himself into the chateau without contributing anything materially or financially. I'd be cheesed off if I owned a property & some waster had got his feet under the table.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Watching Sadies e-bike commercial: why does somebody, who is about to start a youtube channel about fitness, needs an e-bike to assist with paddling?
Same reason he wears pristine white Converse trainers when building stable dividers with Mick on Sunday. Little intention of doing much Work, just preening. His time is better spent with Ernest, who he seems to have a great relationship with.

Reactions: 8
Thanks for your tip. We are back in France in August and may take a stop in Nantes. Otherwise I may persuade some girlfriends to come for a weekend, flights reasonable from Dublin and the selection of shops are different to Dublin. The summer sales were on while we were there but Irish weather means we wear winter clothes for about 50 weeks of the year so summer clothing not the best for us. When do the winter sales happen in France, ours are immediately after Christmas.
Winter sales usually start mid-January. It's for a set time with each week making a bigger discount. It's still controlled by the gouvernement to a greater degree.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I would love to agree with you but I don't think there's a person who has such a grip on her life. Not even her mother can control her. Snorts is a soft inexperienced agreeable yes-man and Steph will ruin him, she's so much better in this game than him. She's had a lot of practice.
I don't believe for a moment that Snorts is inexperienced. I believe his yes-man attitude stems from a long history of manipulation on his part. Perhaps as a child and teen, he always got his own way with parents and grandparents. Perhaps he knows exactly what he's doing to Stephanie and there's no softness in it. His conniving is subtle, but it's there. His agreeableness in her machinations is in itself a manipulative move. His support of her drinking, outrageous spending, crazy schemes, maybe even meds is his way of ensuring that now his foot is in the door, it stays there. I agree with you that she will use it all against him... and her story will be one of being run ragged, of extreme tiredness, of loosing control of the decision making process, of placing too heavy a reliance on Philip, and by sharing her burden with him, unknowingly allowing herself to be controlled and influenced in such a manner.

Poor Stephanie - exit Snorty - cue tears. She may very well be better at the game, but there's no way he's going to go quietly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
ADHD was first diagnosed in the early 1900s. The first child I personally worked with who had a diagnosis of ADHd was in 1973. I do agree with you though, that she doesn't present as autistic in any form to me.
Out of curiosity did you succeed to teach your students with ADHD so well they went to Oxford? What I remember from my school days in the 80's they were just medically sedated and put to special groups. Today the understanding of the condition has improved leaps and bounds.

Reactions: 10
We all agree that we love our dear @Jules100 , but how much do we know about her?

Here is a little insight, about how she met the love of her life:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.