The Chateau Diaries #155 Snorty is a big time vlog killer! Just like 11 year old preserves he is not good

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Phil and Angelina Balerina who are a painful watch on Chateau Life host music events and take months of planning / meetings mayor involved etc not they are the gold standard of doing anything but shows you cannot just invite a load of people to your crib and NOT PLAN.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Have you noticed all her new dresses this summer are some form of toille de joye?
I wonder if they are zara dresses?
Tbh, they all look second hand to me but I do know that this season's fashion is "milk maid" with puffy sleeved style type dresses/blouses for some unknown reason - just why as not particularly flattering for most body types.
But obviously, that style is generally only for those in their 20/30 and into their early 40's being the norm! I personally don't shop at Zara basically because I am not 20/30 or even just into my early 40s. Can't even be bothered to look on Zara's website for clarification either. Sorry @Albee? :love:

Reactions: 10
Maybe Nicholas Fairtradecoffee could do the guided tours through lalande for the Patreon partey?
Wouldn’t Young Nick be a far better fit avec La Lande and for La Cougar than her prematurely balding, pretentious, charity shop scrounger, alcohol enabling pisshead of a current squeeze !

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Of the 3,500 Patrons, I wonder how many actually watch the weekly Patreon vlogs? As of a moment ago, last night's vlog appears to.have had 791 views - less than 25% - and obviously some of those views should be discounted from the patron rollcall.

Strictly speaking, because an opportunity to attend the "annual Garden Party" is part of the membership spiel from the lowest tier (Peasant Patrons?) up to the heady heights of Dauphin and Dauphine, every supporter via Patreon should be made aware of the event with some sort of cheery e-communiqué. Who am I trying to kid? This is Lalande, home of incompetence, inefficiency, laziness and an arrogant disregard for common courtesy.

In any event, I can't believe the take up will be anything other than tiny. But Ken, the dodgy retired pastor with his questionable wardrobe will be there, so that's nice.

And if Stephanie thinks announcing this proposed gathering in some way abrogates her of the legal obligation of the Association's officers to hold an AGM and provide a financial report, she's even more of a bloody fool than I thought.

Reactions: 23
Possibly a couple of stupid questions on my part
1. Can you not buy the wood trimmings Amaury is making?
2. Will she need a permit for a 3 day event?

I’m wondering if she did some planning with Selmar’s girlfriend some months ago on how to conduct an event. I have a vague memory she mentioned they discussed something. I’m imagining Natti being besieged with emails with questions about wheelchair access, transport from the train station, where to stay, can I come for all 3 days, etc. If Natti has been managing the patreon list with email addresses a simple flyer with basic info could have been sent out. Well at least a date has been set.
Basic questions:
• What are the Covid restrictions/host requirements for such an event?
• Will there be an admission fee?
• Will visitors be charged for their lunch?
• What about vegan/vegetarian/options?
• Will dietary restrictions be catered to?
• Will alcohol be served?
• Will there be anywhere to park?
• Will there be a parking fee?
• Access for those with a disability?
• Apart from tours, will there be activities for the patrons?
• What measures will be taken to ensure the comfort of guests?
• Will there be adequate seating?
• Will visitors have access to fresh water?
• What security measures will be taken to ensure the safety of guests?

Burning questions:
• Will the porta-potties be hung with chandeliers?
• Will they be wallpapered?
• Will The Little Shoppe of Horrors be open by then?
• Will Kirsty bring her sheep?
• Will all the Ians be present?
• Will Baghead be wearing a bag?
• Is Tess invited?
• Does the square root of 225 equal the number of Snort's brain cells ?
• What happens if someone hides in the woods and wait until dark?
• Will that someone please put Fanny out of our misery?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I wonder if you are able to bring a hive of bees into France from the UK?
SJ honey.png

About the bees. Yesterday's patron flog, @14:58 Stephanie Jarvis acts as if this is news.

We have already heard about the bees, @4:24. 👇

Reactions: 21
The sad (funny) things is there is no Financial gain on the Channel 4 thing, they are not paid to be on the show, but they do have a contract hence why she cant show anything or get any other brand deals (paint company's, wallpaper) fanny has never had a sponsors and i bet its because shes awful to work with, she will wont the most for very little.
Aren't the Fleuries still on Chateau DIY? They have sponsors.

Reactions: 12
I am in no way an expert on business and taxes but I found the company that aunty and uncle own with Anne in the UK in the gov website ( it is public knowledge)

It seems that the nursing home was pre-existing prior to the Richmond family and was ran by a A. Roden. The home was called the depperhaugh. The Andre Rhoden resigned as director in 2001 but now seems to be the accountant. The Richmond are the sole director of the company. It changed its name to the OAK GRANGE HOXNE LTD. in 2009 but weridly this only lasted from 28th jan 2009 to 2nd feb 2009. It does't say when it changed the name to the current one.

Anne Marie was appointed as a director of the company on 8th October 2015 but isn't listed on the official gov website until 8th June 2016. It has his address listed in Suffolk and was notified as a person with signifcant control in Nov 2021. ( note how does this legally work now as his main address is no longer in the UK)

I have linked the gov website - if anymore who is interested in this stuff has any insight please add.

OAK TREE BARNS LTD. overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

The only other thing is a outstanding legal charge attached to the company - it seems unpaid dues are owed to the bank from 2011 and may also include another company in these charges. - there is no £ defined in this.
I found quite a lot of publicly available account information about Amury and family's business (post 811 thread 100) or search Depperhaugh and my member name.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm Irish and roasting a new potato is sacrilegious to us. A good new potato should be simply steamed with some mint and served with sea salt and quality butter. A meal in itself.
I'm of Irish descent too. Memories from my childhood. Huge pots of "ordinary" fluffy type potatoes all scrubbed and boiled in their skins, then served from the pot (personal option to peel or otherwise), with lashings of butter, boiled bacon (aka gammon these days) and fresh cabbage/leeks/sprouts from the garden. Simply delicious. Totally, nectar from the Gods.
New potatoes hadn't even been invented in those days. Different types of seasonal potatoes were just that - seasonal! 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It’s all smoke and mirrors. She doesn’t know if it’s 1,2 or 3 days or which of those days it will be. She is just putting it out there. No solid date for planning. She knows not a lot of people will pitch but is making a big song and dance about it. I hope the whole of @Isabelle6541 group arrives. There will be some hard question to has to answer. Oh and she hangs the Marquise apart like a carrot in front of everyone. The room 3000+ patrons have paid for can be seen if you arrive at the chateau.
All of us that have the ability to go have sent emails. We are all planning hotel, cars, etc. I will be there if I get a golden ticket.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I agree. @JackSpratt's hubby comes in very useful for "real world" in any down to earth reality, self employed scenario and not Lie Lie Land's version.

I also agree that the last minute, additional wood adornment (whatever it is called), requested by SJ is totally unnecessary and obviously time consuming to be hand made by Amaury, when in actual fact it could be purchased far cheaper and less man hours involved. Jeez, it's a bloody HMN, not Versailles. AND, was never, ever installed in that room in the first instance, therefore not restoration. Just another flight of fancy in SJ's fake magical mindset.

Just out of interest, what exactly is the Marquis' apartment as it has always looked to me to be what the original owners would have used as an Estate Office. Was it ever let as a B&B bedroom in the past? As always, just so very confusing. AND, why a hidden door - where is that going to lead to?
Hidden door is for SJ's next tryst.

• Haha
The sad (funny) things is there is no Financial gain on the Channel 4 thing, they are not paid to be on the show, but they do have a contract hence why she cant show anything or get any other brand deals (paint company's, wallpaper) fanny has never had a sponsors and i bet its because shes awful to work with, she will wont the most for very little.
Strange how the Fleuries have secured sponsors isn't it then even though they too appear on CDIY?
Therefore, one wonders how they do that. I personally feel basically because they have always been totally transparent and will dedicate themselves to properly featuring their sponsors in a professional and forthright open manner, perhaps?
If I were a sponsor, that is exactly what I would be seeking and wishing to put my money into - a stable, professional environment with positive, future growth without becoming involved with the unnecessary drama surrounding the HMN and Stephanie Jarvis' shady morals. 😁

Reactions: 15
All of us that have the ability to go have sent emails. We are all planning hotel, cars, etc. I will be there if I get a golden ticket.
You can forget your underpants, it doesn't matter, nor does Fanny wear them.
You must not forget the equipment: Quickly go shopping.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Give your husband my regards. I've been binge-watching The Repair Shop and thinking about all the things it means, without ever going offpiste into Big Idea Land.
One of the things it means is the honorable life of artisan workers, putting all their love and energy into solder joints. I love it when those guys take apart an old machine and either dis or bow down to the previous repairers and makers. Sometimes they say to the customer, your grandfather who made your mechanical toy boat was a genius. They can tell from looking at the circuitry.
Love it. Love it. Love it. All that honorable creative work to make sure things run properly, First law of heaven is order.
Love that show! Of course, it doesn’t hurt that Will Kirk is so adorable.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'd say that it's the perfect opportunity for the group of patrons that is trying to get her to own up to her "mistakes" and hold her accountable. To go there and ask all the annoying questions Stephanie Jarvis deletes and blocks online, but can't ignore when asked directly. Also, as this "party" will be the yearly by law mandatory meeting of members of her association, maybe they can put some of these subjects on the official agenda and even try to have a vote to get management replaced :) Wishful thinking, I know, but hey, why not?
A lot of spoke via zoom last pm. If I get the golden ticket I will be there. Some of us have the money and can make the time to be there. Also traveling with our reporter as the plus one for one of us will be the icing on the cake. Hi SJ! I can’t wait to meet you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
SJ called a date to make sure families with childeren couldn't come.
1. She hates childeren
2. Middle aged and older people have more disposable income.
It's a smart and diplomatic move tbh.

So since La Jarvis bookmarks my comments, here is some advice from someone with a degree(s) in international business, marketing & communication
Gurl no, eeew no, just no.
A tour and some light lunch is a duck you to all the people who made it possible to buy the antiques, art, holidays, expensive wine etc (@Lady Avonlea has the spreadsheet in case you forgot)
If you want to sustain this lifestyle use the patreon day as a try out to make your Royal dump an event Venue for events which suits the Lalande narrative. Costume balls, themed parties.

Reduce the number of visitors to 100/150.
Run to the Marie, fire department, insurance companies to get everything in order.
Talk with neighbouring sites and come to an agreement that your guests can stay there and they are shuttled back and forth to your place by said hosts.
Hire sufficient staff, security, rent out all the rooms and appartments.
Book musician/DJ
Book dancefloor
Organize ball (what kind of theme)
Lighting/decor/flowers
Plan the food for breakfast and dinner and make arrangements for their deliveries. Inform the local bakery on time so they can schedule it too.
Plan a day activity
Plan a evening activity like movie night out in the back.
Order bracelets which can't be taken off, so you will know who is on the guesstlist and who is not.

All the patreons will be blown away and they will certainly return. After the event, you sit down and see how much everything has costs you. So you know exactly what the basic costs are.
You then squeal how much you have enjoyed it and start planning your next event, larger and charge fully let's say 750 for 3 days and 2 nights.
Do this a couple of times a year and you don't have to open your B&B, make much more money, and have always something to film. Plus you actually will support local business.

While at it, ask Ian to finish the appartment asap another room to rent out!

Ps my consultancy fee is €275 p/h ex VAT, you got it for free 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
You know what I find disgusting?
That Stephanie no longer can muster up enough enthusiasm - on a vlog, which she can edit until she gets it right - for the spinning web of lies for the people who are paying for her lifestyle. She can't even stray from her usual "Parfect", "It's a dream", "It's a fairy tale" long enough to wax poetically about what the farm lifestyle is like and, instead, is now resorting to using her cousin to do so for her.

Pathetic.

Reactions: 22
I am in no way an expert on business and taxes but I found the company that aunty and uncle own with Anne in the UK in the gov website ( it is public knowledge)

It seems that the nursing home was pre-existing prior to the Richmond family and was ran by a A. Roden. The home was called the depperhaugh. The Andre Rhoden resigned as director in 2001 but now seems to be the accountant. The Richmond are the sole director of the company. It changed its name to the OAK GRANGE HOXNE LTD. in 2009 but weridly this only lasted from 28th jan 2009 to 2nd feb 2009. It does't say when it changed the name to the current one.

Anne Marie was appointed as a director of the company on 8th October 2015 but isn't listed on the official gov website until 8th June 2016. It has his address listed in Suffolk and was notified as a person with signifcant control in Nov 2021. ( note how does this legally work now as his main address is no longer in the UK)

I have linked the gov website - if anymore who is interested in this stuff has any insight please add.

OAK TREE BARNS LTD. overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

The only other thing is a outstanding legal charge attached to the company - it seems unpaid dues are owed to the bank from 2011 and may also include another company in these charges. - there is no £ defined in this.
You know, thinking about the name Oak Tree Barns for a nursing home company…the connotation of barns being used to warehouse money making livestock. That just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.🤨🤨🤨

• Sad
He's had more holidays in this last year than my husbands had in the last five! As you say he's working for one customer, not running jobs for several clients at the same time as working on bigger renovations. Definately a bit OCD going on there too. He'd have a fit is he saw inside the back of husbands van, that get's worse as the week goes on and by the weekend it looks like someones thrown a grenade in the back.
I totally agree, Amaury Richmond has had more holidays than any privately employed employee that I have ever heard of in my entire life, e.g. 5 weeks total max in any given year (unless you operate in the USA). He must be reaching at least 3 so far this year and it is only June.
Self employment is a total different kettle of fish. I know as my XH was a self employed builder and to get him to take time off during the summer months for family holidays was a total nightmare. Reason why he was ultimately an X amongst other reasons, of course!
Amaury is an onsite carpenter for the HMN. Therefore, no travel time or fuel expenses to be considered either, maybe why he has been given the job of watering the plants, perhaps?
Full time, self employed tradesman's van looks like your husband without a shadow of a doubt. BUT, I would hazard a guess that your husband truly knows exactly where whatever he is looking for, is too. It's a given.

You know what I find disgusting?
That Stephanie no longer can muster up enough enthusiasm - on a vlog, which she can edit until she gets it right - for the spinning web of lies for the people who are paying for her lifestyle. She can't even stray from her usual "Parfect", "It's a dream", "It's a fairy tale" long enough to wax poetically about what the farm lifestyle is like and, instead, is now resorting to using her cousin to do so for her.

Pathetic.
Sorry, but you forgot the constant use of the word "magical" in Stephanie Jarvis' every other sentence too, didn't you? :love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.