The Chateau Diaries #155 Snorty is a big time vlog killer! Just like 11 year old preserves he is not good

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One more topic from the Patreon video. Wood dentil moulding is commercially made and available. Fanny made the remark about turning the Shittoo into a museum with all the custom woodwork, etc. Again, it is a farmhouse. She is collecting money to restore a farmhouse. There was no need for custom dentil moulding and other elaborate wood work and expensive tapestry wallpaper in the Marquis suite. There is certainly no need to create a secret door in the suite.

Fanny is decorating and creating a mini Versailles motif in many of the Shittoo rooms.
Reality check: You can get 5 1/2 feet of dentil molding online for $66 (US), €62.66. £53.80.
I don't know why Amaury is making it.
I'm not sure I'd rule it out as inappropriate for the shitoo decoration wise. But it certainly is not "restoration". We have a hint of what the ancient woodwork at Lalande looked like in the ox-blood painted rafter Ian discovered, hand decorated in white with a wild flower motif. Which we're still waiting for a carbon-dating on, which Jarvis promised years ago.

My benchmark on what is appropriate for a 13-17th century fortified farmhouse is based on the meticulous restoration by
New York preservation architect Joseph Pell Lombardi of his fortified farmhouse in the Auvergne, the Chateau du Sailhant.

The story of his resto is fascinating, and a catalog of best practice. For example, the two dining rooms of the chateau had been used as grain storage bins during the 19th century when the chateau literally was used as a barn. Neither was original as dining rooms either. Its 19th century owner medievalized it, as was the fashion. What do you do? What is the "appropriate" or real restoration?

He hired a local researcher to dig out all references to the chateau and its enviro from documents ranging through its 1,000-year history and pre-history.
He learned French.
He personally visited every single one of the 40 chateaux in the Auvergne open to the public, to see what was locally appropriate.*
He did the infrastructure first.
Etc., etc., etc..
What he has come up with is admirable and charming with a period appropriate version of a Hugh Hefner bedroom.
The salon has a telescope and the library a child-sized model car.
It is not my taste, but it is in perfect taste. And, it is quite grand, using lots of very well restored and maintained panelling and inexpensive brocante furniture of the neo-Gothic persuasion.
My favorite room is the light and airy library, with reasonably upholstered neo-Gothic furniture made by a local artisan from wood beams salvaged from the WWI bombing of Reims Cathedral. The rest is way too warlord and macho for me.

So I dig where Jarvis is coming from, in furnishing her place in a more feminine and homely style.

I have to say I can't tell if the panelling at Sailhant has dentil carving on it, but the place is full of panelling and I think it is period(s) appropriate. None of it is painted, though, it's all brilliantly polished, and very grand.

I've seen a really ancient chateau down there somewhere, whose name I have forgotten, beautifully renovated with well pointed old stone and modern rustic furniture, like tree trunk beds, with gorgeous textured textiles in all shades of lime render and stone. Brilliant and more my style.

The point being, one 21st century expert has restored his fortified farmhouse in the middle of nowhere grandly. But it's not Versailles grand, it's earlier grand. And if one wished to restore Lalande to "appropriate" fortified farmhouse style, it would and could be grand.

* Of all the Lalanders, only Davy has done this, and made the point to Jarvis that her local reference is the world famous Renaissance gardens at Chenonceau, designed by and for two women, Diane de Poitiers and Catherine de Medici.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Is that the guy from Edinburgh? I cant help but watch him in morbid fascination.
He's not "from" Edinburgh, just lives there. This recent vlog he did explains it - it was a Q&A, where he answered a question about his accent, which, apparently, isn't at all like the accent of Birmingham, England, where he's from.
I'm with you - I can't help but watch him, either.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So forgive me if I'm a bit slow to catch on... the Patreon visits... each brings a plus one...it's mid week so there will be more rooms available and over a 3 day period, but surely, not everyone will board there, they may possibly just visit for a few hours? I'm being generous here as she mentions they can accept a few hundred per day. Nutti is going to be the one who will sift through the visitors and the boarders and organise into groups for the tours? Caterers? since when do they have caterers? Interesting that she thinks parking for 3 thousand patrons rocking up ( as if) is the safety issue and not the amount of people gathered together in a building that doesn't appear to have any fire exits notices on display. Madam needs to be up bright an early for those 3 days. Everything she said about the visits were emphasized with 'hopefully'. Can't run a business on a fingers crossed basis. I wonder if Jason has booked his stay yet?
My understanding was It’s being restricted to 200 hundred per day on first come first served basis. They’ve to email Nati on a special email which is hilarious 😂😂😂😂 .
Sounds like they’ll be allocated a day, during which access will be only a few hrs ( I’d say a maximum of four) to carry out the tours and ‘lunch’. None of the rooms will be rented as they are apparently part if the tour, so anyone going will have to find accommodation elsewhere. Hopefully the lovely glamping site up the road will do good business, if anyone makes the effort to go.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Spot on. And to add to her misery: Stephanie Jarvis still has no clue that her Argentinian Bully has no organizing skills whatsoever and she leaves it to that dimwit to collect data for the patron open day? That must be the clearest indication she has no intention of ever going through with that event. She will blame the mayor's office for not giving her the right permits, so sad...but not her fault, obviously...

She promised Matt she would look into buying it, said she would buy it, so he already dropped it off. But she hasn't paid for it yet and is too busy lazy to get the paperwork done. She figures she perhaps can get a better deal elsewhere and will leave it up to Matt to come back for it. That's what I heard.

She will not be there. Seriously. Some kind of emergency will be made up. Maybe even another (short) hospital episode.
Which is why she was quick to point out that it may not be her who does the tours but that people from the vlogs will be there...

Reactions: 12
My understanding was It’s being restricted to 200 hundred per day on first come first served basis. They’ve to email Nati on a special email which is hilarious 😂😂😂😂 .
Sounds like they’ll be allocated a day, during which access will be only a few hrs ( I’d say a maximum of four) to carry out the tours and ‘lunch’. None of the rooms will be rented as they are apparently part if the tour, so anyone going will have to find accommodation elsewhere. Hopefully the lovely glamping site up the road will do good business, if anyone makes the effort to go.
Ooooooh this doesn't bode well. 🙈 Thanks x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Everything is that workshop, to me anyway, just looks too perfect, too clean like it's hardly every been usedif at all. I do wonder he's ever had to work to a deadline for a customer. He should try living in my world, my poor husband trying to keep on schedule when customers keep f'kin it up all the time. I just wonder if he's just been playing at it and this is the first 'real' large scale work he's ever taken on. Something just doesn't add up to me.
Think I said this a while ago. It seems lik
@JackSpratt I wonder if he's just been a fabricator, making just window and door frames, i think its clear he wasn't worked on major projects before, too much of a perfectionist, time is money but i guess when its not your money there is no problem.
didn't he fit a new window in fannys London flat?
Again you can see he has no experience working with a client, he should be keeping fanny in check with deadline, as hes the one with the skills out of the two of them.
I think the kids in this family are spoiled rotten. Indulged by wealthy parents who have earned enough cash to support their children in their 'hobbies'. So both Fanny & Cuz have been allowed to follow their dreams with no need of actually earning any cash to support themselves. Coupla bums the pair of them.
Frankly if Amaury was on piecework rate he'd have gone bust by now.

Reactions: 13
Strange how the Fleuries have secured sponsors isn't it then even though they too appear on CDIY?
Therefore, one wonders how they do that. I personally feel basically because they have always been totally transparent and will dedicate themselves to properly featuring their sponsors in a professional and forthright open manner, perhaps?
If I were a sponsor, that is exactly what I would be seeking and wishing to put my money into - a stable, professional environment with positive, future growth without becoming involved with the unnecessary drama surrounding the HMN and Stephanie Jarvis' shady morals. 😁
I don’t think sponsors will be flocking to advertise with a woman who has a boyfriend young enough to be her son, keeps an inn without permanent, trained housekeeping staff or hygienically schooled kitchen staff. It’s not de rigeur to have such a high profile establishment run by a motley crew of unvetted “volunteers”. The whole farmhouse needs a deep scrubbing and it needs fastidious attention by cleaners familiar with the habits of her vermin.

Reactions: 15
Maybe that's how they will get do it. Select the very special patreons ( who pay way too much) and gift a lot. Have them tour and lunch and then have them give them whatever gifts they have smuggled over and maybe have them on a grabeux. Carefully select where they can see and deflect that the grand salon isnt ready and they want it to be a suprise. Stephanmemem will probably be there as she wants all the praise and gifts that the dauphines will bring

Reactions: 11
Of the 3,500 Patrons, I wonder how many actually watch the weekly Patreon vlogs? As of a moment ago, last night's vlog appears to.have had 791 views - less than 25% - and obviously some of those views should be discounted from the patron rollcall.

Strictly speaking, because an opportunity to attend the "annual Garden Party" is part of the membership spiel from the lowest tier (Peasant Patrons?) up to the heady heights of Dauphin and Dauphine, every supporter via Patreon should be made aware of the event with some sort of cheery e-communiqué. Who am I trying to kid? This is Lalande, home of incompetence, inefficiency, laziness and an arrogant disregard for common courtesy.

In any event, I can't believe the take up will be anything other than tiny. But Ken, the dodgy retired pastor with his questionable wardrobe will be there, so that's nice.

And if Stephanie thinks announcing this proposed gathering in some way abrogates her of the legal obligation of the Association's officers to hold an AGM and provide a financial report, she's even more of a bloody fool than I thought.
I agree 100% with everything you have said.
Apart from -
This is Lalande, home of incompetence, inefficiency, laziness and an arrogant disregard for common courtesy.
It is simply Stephanie Jarvis' total lack of respect or care of absolutely anyone else in her life, but, herself. END OF STORY!

Reactions: 13
To refer back later when she mentions the party on the vlog today. I had to photo my screen as my phone would not let me log in for some reason. I know they are hard to see.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
My bet: the event will be cancelled two days before because the portable toilets couldn't be delivered. Maybe the delivery van will be to broad for the bridge over the moat or something ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Which is why she was quick to point out that it may not be her who does the tours but that people from the vlogs will be there...
Honestly, if they just have a cardboard cutout of SJ for photos, her patrons probably wouldn’t know the difference. Someone could just stand in the background saying “paaaarfect!” and her patrons would squeal in delight!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
4072f3ae-554a-4cf6-aa1f-e468a5f37c4f_text.gif

Interesting timing and a hard sell.
The guests have gone into overdrive hyping Chateau de LaLande.

Doreen, 👇 dark hair, seated in the middle.
Ardmore vase look (2).png

Doreen's IG post...
1656000253521.png

@myloveaffairwithlifeblog
5 hours ago
Recently I got to spend some time at this special place that reignited my spirit & soul. Perhaps it was the gentle melodic whispers from the forest, or the beauty of the peacocks, the old Chapel, or maybe the embroidery of the rich history and wisdom that echoes within the deep château walls. I will never know the reason, but what I do know is the way I felt. Like another twinkle just added to my heart and for that, I am thankful for the 10 dreamy mornings I had at the château. One morning I even had a sweet little bird fly in my room to say hello and for a second, I thought to myself, "where the heck am I living in ??!!" Especially with my surroundings, it was as if I was a Disney princess inside a fairy tale book! 😂👸Vibes that gave me an injection of laughter again.💞 I just hope the people of Ukraine, and for the women and girls in Afghanistan soon they too will be able to have laughter and peace that I am fortunately blessed with. It is unbelievable such atrocities is still being allowed to happen. My heart weeps for these strong people. #nowar #peace #peaceforukraine #nowarinukraine #morelovelesshate . . . . . #grateful #peaceful #happiness #gratitude #mornings #summertime #positivevibes #summersineurope #france #château #history #visitfrance #frenchchateau #frenchlifestyle #crozon #lalande #stylistlife #stylistlifestyle #stylist #setdesigner #lifestyleblogger #igfrance #igzurich #igtoronto #ighker

1656000529092.png

Denise Crowley
3 hrs
@bubblepic53
Beautifully written, it is a magical place that you cannot put your finger on it, but it has very peaceful and happy vibes, so tranquil as soon as you enter the gates, we were only there such a short time, but loved it so much we hope to return, I to hope the people in the Ukraine find peace again, our hearts go out to them all xx

...and then comments from CD's latest flog...

Amanda Hutchinson
8 hours ago
@Ruth Bernstein Interesting synopsis of assumptions.. The truth is (we stayed last year) it is indeed the same as any other Bed and Breakfast; but the chateau is really special. It has a peaceful aura that is totally relaxing. Not sure where you got the idea it's six hours from 'anywhere'.. where is 'anywhere'? It's about ten minutes from a decent small town and restaurants. Dinner is not 'extra' it is part of the package - unless of course you would choose to opt out but not sure why you should do that? The company is good and interesting and very jolly and yes, the company of the owner is usually to be expected as with any other Chambre d'hote that you would stay at in France; but not sure why that would be so important anyway other than she is interesting and as welcoming as any other Chatelaine would be. We didn't go for the 'experience' and my husband had not seen any of the vlogs or the TV.. we are not that interested in the celebrity culture and we didn't meet anyone that was when we were there. We are far more interested in meeting interesting people who have done interesting things and that is what we found. We were interested in the Architecture and the history and were happy to have met those involved in the restoration. Entertainment? what the heck? It's not a Disney venue.. There are books to be read; woods to be walked; rivers to cross.. time to sit and listen and just stop.

There is a poem by a famous woman called WH Davies (my favourite book is Supertramp by WH Davies). I tend to live my life by this poem when I forget that there is a world out there to stop and listen to: “What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare. No time to stand beneath the boughs And stare as long as sheep or cows. No time to see, when woods we pass, Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass. No time to see, in broad daylight, Streams full of stars, like skies at night. No time to turn at Beauty's glance, And watch her feet, how they can dance. No time to wait till her mouth can Enrich that smile her eyes began. A poor life this if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.''

So basically - that is what you do, and I am certain that it's better for your mental health than worrying about the lack of 'entertainment'.. We stayed because it is a beautiful chateau; one of many - but I think one of the best. France is full of them. We went on from there to stay with friends on the way to the South of France who have three. Not sure what you mean about behind the scenes interaction either? We were not restricted in exploring the grounds, including the walled garden and the house is open to wander around - obviously observing the same protocol of polite behaviour that you would as a guest in anyone's home. If you are staying in someone's home as a guest that is what you are... wherever you are. It's a very normal household.

👇 Noelene's YT account was established, yesterday, June 22, 2022.🤔

Noelene
17 hours ago
I was a guest there yesterday and the day before. It's absolutely beautiful and peaceful! You can lay around reading in a luxury room, walk around the grounds, sit by the fountain, have a look at the chapel, drive 10 mins to a nearby village for groceries and antique shopping .. or drive 45 mins to the charity shop they have shown before.

Caroline also had something to add.

caroline gooder
2 days ago
@Oliver Pavic They only eat several meals with the guests and Philip will give a tour, but it's not like you are living there unless you become a volunteer. Stephanie says its a big place so often you don't see everyone all the time

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I'm of Irish descent too. Memories from my childhood. Huge pots of "ordinary" fluffy type potatoes all scrubbed and boiled in their skins, then served from the pot (personal option to peel or otherwise), with lashings of butter, boiled bacon (aka gammon these days) and fresh cabbage/leeks/sprouts from the garden. Simply delicious. Totally, nectar from the Gods.
New potatoes hadn't even been invented in those days. Different types of seasonal potatoes were just that - seasonal! 😁
@Kickintheass That is the way my mother used to do it and I do too!!The mint brings out the newness I think!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
View attachment 1364781
Interesting timing and a hard sell.
The guests have gone into overdrive hyping Chateau de LaLande.

Doreen, 👇 dark hair, seated in the middle.
View attachment 1364725

Doreen's IG post...
View attachment 1364716
@myloveaffairwithlifeblog
5 hours ago
Recently I got to spend some time at this special place that reignited my spirit & soul. Perhaps it was the gentle melodic whispers from the forest, or the beauty of the peacocks, the old Chapel, or maybe the embroidery of the rich history and wisdom that echoes within the deep château walls. I will never know the reason, but what I do know is the way I felt. Like another twinkle just added to my heart and for that, I am thankful for the 10 dreamy mornings I had at the château. One morning I even had a sweet little bird fly in my room to say hello and for a second, I thought to myself, "where the heck am I living in ??!!" Especially with my surroundings, it was as if I was a Disney princess inside a fairy tale book! 😂👸Vibes that gave me an injection of laughter again.💞 I just hope the people of Ukraine, and for the women and girls in Afghanistan soon they too will be able to have laughter and peace that I am fortunately blessed with. It is unbelievable such atrocities is still being allowed to happen. My heart weeps for these strong people. #nowar #peace #peaceforukraine #nowarinukraine #morelovelesshate . . . . . #grateful #peaceful #happiness #gratitude #mornings #summertime #positivevibes #summersineurope #france #château #history #visitfrance #frenchchateau #frenchlifestyle #crozon #lalande #stylistlife #stylistlifestyle #stylist #setdesigner #lifestyleblogger #igfrance #igzurich #igtoronto #ighker

View attachment 1364731
Denise Crowley
3 hrs
@bubblepic53
Beautifully written, it is a magical place that you cannot put your finger on it, but it has very peaceful and happy vibes, so tranquil as soon as you enter the gates, we were only there such a short time, but loved it so much we hope to return, I to hope the people in the Ukraine find peace again, our hearts go out to them all xx

...and then comments from CD's latest flog...

Amanda Hutchinson
8 hours ago
@Ruth Bernstein Interesting synopsis of assumptions.. The truth is (we stayed last year) it is indeed the same as any other Bed and Breakfast; but the chateau is really special. It has a peaceful aura that is totally relaxing. Not sure where you got the idea it's six hours from 'anywhere'.. where is 'anywhere'? It's about ten minutes from a decent small town and restaurants. Dinner is not 'extra' it is part of the package - unless of course you would choose to opt out but not sure why you should do that? The company is good and interesting and very jolly and yes, the company of the owner is usually to be expected as with any other Chambre d'hote that you would stay at in France; but not sure why that would be so important anyway other than she is interesting and as welcoming as any other Chatelaine would be. We didn't go for the 'experience' and my husband had not seen any of the vlogs or the TV.. we are not that interested in the celebrity culture and we didn't meet anyone that was when we were there. We are far more interested in meeting interesting people who have done interesting things and that is what we found. We were interested in the Architecture and the history and were happy to have met those involved in the restoration. Entertainment? what the heck? It's not a Disney venue.. There are books to be read; woods to be walked; rivers to cross.. time to sit and listen and just stop.

There is a poem by a famous woman called WH Davies (my favourite book is Supertramp by WH Davies). I tend to live my life by this poem when I forget that there is a world out there to stop and listen to: “What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare. No time to stand beneath the boughs And stare as long as sheep or cows. No time to see, when woods we pass, Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass. No time to see, in broad daylight, Streams full of stars, like skies at night. No time to turn at Beauty's glance, And watch her feet, how they can dance. No time to wait till her mouth can Enrich that smile her eyes began. A poor life this if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.''
So basically - that is what you do, and I am certain that it's better for your mental health than worrying about the lack of 'entertainment'.. We stayed because it is a beautiful chateau; one of many - but I think one of the best. France is full of them. We went on from there to stay with friends on the way to the South of France who have three. Not sure what you mean about behind the scenes interaction either? We were not restricted in exploring the grounds, including the walled garden and the house is open to wander around - obviously observing the same protocol of polite behaviour that you would as a guest in anyone's home. If you are staying in someone's home as a guest that is what you are... wherever you are. It's a very normal household.

👇 Noelene's YT account was established, yesterday, June 22, 2022.🤔

Noelene
17 hours ago
I was a guest there yesterday and the day before. It's absolutely beautiful and peaceful! You can lay around reading in a luxury room, walk around the grounds, sit by the fountain, have a look at the chapel, drive 10 mins to a nearby village for groceries and antique shopping .. or drive 45 mins to the charity shop they have shown before.

Caroline also had something to add.

caroline gooder
2 days ago
@Oliver Pavic They only eat several meals with the guests and Philip will give a tour, but it's not like you are living there unless you become a volunteer. Stephanie says its a big place so often you don't see everyone all the time
The Disney princess juju is powerful.
Fortunately I grew up far away from movie theaters, though I wanted nothing more than to live in America and listen to Elvis and go to the movies.
I wouldn't let my little girls participate in any of that. It's the beginning of all kinds of damaging political thinking.
I read that Markle loved Moana, I think it is, one of the brown princesses. So I watched it. So super clever with the animation and commodification of Polynesian/Pacific navigation and culture which is basically my happy place. And absolute tit as a story for girls.
For the fairy tale magic of La France Profonde, Perrault is the go to. And for the Berry, the amazing movie of one of the most popular novels in France, which really conveys the magic of the Lalande region as we can see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.