The Chateau Diaries #155 Snorty is a big time vlog killer! Just like 11 year old preserves he is not good

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we know what these killer dogs are yet. Could be a gun dog breed which is why the Peacocks could be at danger. I had a springer spaniel who caught the cockerel which belonged to the childrens petting garden in a pub once. The cockerel was winding him up by walking up and down in front of him outside the safety of the garden but my dog somehow slipped his lead and collar🤦‍♀️
Augh no!! So embarrassing, My Dalmatian jump out at a road stop place, they sold pies and drinks, but I didn't realize they were known for all the pet rabbits they allowed to roam... freakin' dog saw the rabbits before I did and flew out the van. He would not come back and everyone (picnic tables all over) was baying at me to get my dog under control, stupid witch etc... was awful, both kids and me were in tears by the end and we left with no pie... 😂 Fortunately he didn't catch any though.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Reality check: You can get 5 1/2 feet of dentil molding online for $66 (US), €62.66. £53.80.
I don't know why Amaury is making it.
I'm not sure I'd rule it out as inappropriate for the shitoo decoration wise. But it certainly is not "restoration". We have a hint of what the ancient woodwork at Lalande looked like in the ox-blood painted rafter Ian discovered, hand decorated in white with a wild flower motif. Which we're still waiting for a carbon-dating on, which Jarvis promised years ago.

My benchmark on what is appropriate for a 13-17th century fortified farmhouse is based on the meticulous restoration by
New York preservation architect Joseph Pell Lombardi of his fortified farmhouse in the Auvergne, the Chateau du Sailhant.

The story of his resto is fascinating, and a catalog of best practice. For example, the two dining rooms of the chateau had been used as grain storage bins during the 19th century when the chateau literally was used as a barn. Neither was original as dining rooms either. Its 19th century owner medievalized it, as was the fashion. What do you do? What is the "appropriate" or real restoration?

He hired a local researcher to dig out all references to the chateau and its enviro from documents ranging through its 1,000-year history and pre-history.
He learned French.
He personally visited every single one of the 40 chateaux in the Auvergne open to the public, to see what was locally appropriate.*
He did the infrastructure first.
Etc., etc., etc..
What he has come up with is admirable and charming with a period appropriate version of a Hugh Hefner bedroom.
The salon has a telescope and the library a child-sized model car.
It is not my taste, but it is in perfect taste. And, it is quite grand, using lots of very well restored and maintained panelling and inexpensive brocante furniture of the neo-Gothic persuasion.
My favorite room is the light and airy library, with reasonably upholstered neo-Gothic furniture made by a local artisan from wood beams salvaged from the WWI bombing of Reims Cathedral. The rest is way too warlord and macho for me.

So I dig where Jarvis is coming from, in furnishing her place in a more feminine and homely style.

I have to say I can't tell if the panelling at Sailhant has dentil carving on it, but the place is full of panelling and I think it is period(s) appropriate. None of it is painted, though, it's all brilliantly polished, and very grand.

I've seen a really ancient chateau down there somewhere, whose name I have forgotten, beautifully renovated with well pointed old stone and modern rustic furniture, like tree trunk beds, with gorgeous textured textiles in all shades of lime render and stone. Brilliant and more my style.

The point being, one 21st century expert has restored his fortified farmhouse in the middle of nowhere grandly. But it's not Versailles grand, it's earlier grand. And if one wished to restore Lalande to "appropriate" fortified farmhouse style, it would and could be grand.

* Of all the Lalanders, only Davy has done this, and made the point to Jarvis that her local reference is the world famous Renaissance gardens at Chenonceau, designed by and for two women, Diane de Poitiers and Catherine de Medici.
Quoting self, how too charming.
I know less than nothing about French Renaissance style (you can buy resin "French Ren" panels off the internets for $199!!!).
Here's a pdf I downloaded. Guess what? It looks nothing like Lalande.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Maybe that's how they will get do it. Select the very special patreons ( who pay way too much) and gift a lot. Have them tour and lunch and then have them give them whatever gifts they have smuggled over and maybe have them on a grabeux. Carefully select where they can see and deflect that the grand salon isnt ready and they want it to be a suprise. Stephanmemem will probably be there as she wants all the praise and gifts that the dauphines will bring
Maybe they could have a grab bag gift swap and if you get your own gift back you get to draw twice!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I have the same suspicions about this guy. It sure seems like he takes pride in his work and it does not make any sense to me to waste that on her dump of a farmhouse. It must be something in his personal life, as he's not the nice guy he portrays to be. His continuing involvement with the Argentinian Bully is another clue to what he is like in real life. He obviously inherited the same Biglio gene from his mother as his cuz did from hers: the charm away gene that creates smoke and mirrors all around.
That's not just smoke and mirrors Clara, that's warning bells and whistles!

Reactions: 15
QUOTE="The Simple Life, post: 10361399, member: 319802"]
Thank you, great find! In fact one of the characteristics of Italian food and cooking - and Italian culture in general - is the unbelivable number and varieties, even whitin a small area. Due to the great variety of the territory, climate, microclimate, soil etc. there are thousands of different recipes of the same dish, like pasta, rice, meat, fish, vegetables, cakes and pastries and they can vary greatly even from one town or village to the next one.
But what is not very well known is that in Italy there are about 500 types of cheese and many of them are DOP (protected origin denomination). Many of them are produced only in a very small area, like many types of wines or olive oil, or ham and salami that are not enough to be exported, just like some fruit and vegetables which are grown in small areas and are of a superior quality.
Unfortunately our government, like the past ones, has not helped our agriculture, as if the foolish project were to destroy as much as possible of it. I don't want to discuss this here, but it's very sad.
It's true of France too. The traditional dish from the area I live in is Cassoulet (that narrows the area down) and every mamie has her own recipe. As does every butcher. Each town has it's own twist with ingredients. The best Cassoulet I have had is from Castelnaudary, and I've tried a few! De Gaulle famously once said - "how can you govern a country that has more than 246 varieties of cheese". That was probably 70 or 80 years ago and there's a hell of a lot more out there now. Sadly, imho, France has somewhat lost the plot when it comes to food. What was once considered the gastronomic capital of the world has now succumbed to McCain oven chips being de riggeur in just about every household in France. New build houses no longer have operational kitchens, just a scullery type thing in the corner with a microwave (same thing happened in the UK 20 years ago. That was one of my cues to get out). France is, I believe, McDonald's biggest global success story! The country where it was said it would never take off!!! Granted, there are still some shining stars and gems but you have to seek them out like buried treasure. This is why tit'o-lane fanny could do so much better. The veg garden is in no way exploited enough. Local produce is out there and available but, like the current generation of French house"people" (note I did not use the term housewives or femme de foyer in French) she is lazy and tight with the money. And frankly couldn't give a duck.

Sorry, I copied this over from the last thread. I took so long compiling my response it timed out. New thread already. Again.
[/QUOTE]
Informative post, thanks.
Your description of all the versions of the same dish in Italy reminds me of the variation in Stuffing recipes in North America. Some people put sausage in theirs and others include nuts and dried cranberries; some like it soggy and some dry. No matter what, every family defends their own family recipe, and would die on that hill.

Not quite as interesting as the food in France and Italy!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Add the leaflets to the plane with the banner!!
I'm thinking fake road blocks on all routes to the chateau. Road closed due to flooding, or fire, trees down or mass infestation of wild rabid squirrels. Someone official looking to redirect traffic away from the shiteau. Patrons will try to phone the HMN but as the phone is always off the hook, no-one will answer.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I think the biggest puzzle is where Fanny has been or is at the moment after her Venice shenanigans. All of the vlogs released in the last 2 weeks are at least that in age so there has been nothing new or current on CD or f/b in that time. I don’t watch grabeaux at the shittoo so can’t comment on when that was filmed but something is afoot and I don’t think she has been at the shittoo at all.
100%. I think she films a maximum of two days a week. Even then she’s late uploading at times.
Her method now is to wear the same dress on recording days and record enough to keep the wheels moving with the agenda being garden, mealtimes and following either Amoire or Nick the Tree Surgeon around. Rinse and repeat.
I think she focuses more on what to leave out of her week rather than what to show now. Keeping any excuse for a party and subsequent hung over mornings under the radar. I think ‘under the radar’ being the key phrase here!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh she will not advertise this very well as she doesn’t want anyone to pitch up. 😂
...what with all the flights being cancelled all over the world...most who even attempt to book for this fiasco...will never arrive...
...she knows exactly what she’s doing...

...snake...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
A 4 hour drive is Nothing to Aussie's ..... we have to travel far for everything so it will be a snip for us !
God this is going to be good if it happens! :ROFLMAO:
TRUE! 🇦🇺
Example:
Me - Oh my mate Jacko phoned and we're invited to his place for a bbq this coming Sunday.
N-Irish Other half - Doesn't he live way out Woop-Woop in the back of beyond?
Me - Yep! Should be fun and it's only an eight hour drive there and back.
N-Irish Other half - FFS! This bloody country is out to kill me!

• Haha
  • Heart
She wants people to be there in order to top up her coffers. They'll be expected to pay for food, drink and parking. Whatever she can put a price tag on, she will. Ten minutes one on one with Stephanie? €40 thank you. Exclusive photo with Stephanie? That's €15 thank you. Autographs? €10 thank you. Bottled water? €5 thank you. There's nothing in her nature to suggest otherwise. She'll think it all a messy business, and she truly doesn't want to go through with it, but she'll reason it's only one day out of her life, and think of all that lovely money she can put towards the chateau restorations Swiss bank account.
You mean like the chateauverse version of ComiCon? ChateauCon…wait!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I agree, he seems like an extreme hobbyist. By that, I mean he is very good at it, but could he earn a living at it with the pace at which he works. He is pretty ocd and perfectionistic with his work.
He reminds me of Michael Petherick. As in, tried a bit of everything and got lots of experience in many things under his belt.

🎉 congrats @Albee on your VIP status, whoop 🎈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm Irish and roasting a new potato is sacrilegious to us. A good new potato should be simply steamed with some mint and served with sea salt and quality butter. A meal in itself.
Must be Kerry Gold Butter. Nothing but the best for Irish potatoes.

But are you aware, strange but true, that most Irish seed potatoes are grown Cyprus and imported into Ireland? Cyprus is the biggest producer of Irish potatoes.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
FWIW, I'd love to see Amaury take over the shittoo and make it self-sufficient. Bees and swallows all the way, dentils, forever.
I think the idea of Amaury's filling the place with his own woodwork is fantastic, whether I care for it or not. Maybe like Budo at French Farmhouse Diaries, he's setting up to teach woodworking workshops and sell woodworking plans and designs. That would be a good use of the chateau, the environment, and Amaury's talents, however mean a drunk he is.
I am fantasizing about what he should do with the redwood timber Nick is curing and has set aside for milling.
To which end, the master carpenter of Eureka, CA, the galactic capital of redwood panelling and gorgeousness. Envisioning the winter salon, completely tricked out in redwood bookshelves and panelling. Any chatelain of the last 500 years would have had a cabinet of curios, a portal to the new world and all who strode upon her.
I'd have a nice globe in there. Really, really good ambient and spot lighting (Jarvis has no clue about this, had those awful pool table spotlights over the coffee table, for starters, make an aging woman look 600 years older). Really really clean new down filled sofas and really really clean cushy carpets. Some references to the Lalande forest and the wildflower motif on Ian's oxblood-painted rafter and the water police survey guy's endangered species at Lalande. I'd spend some money and have a good artist make good lithographs of all the critters, plants, and bugs. Carry Akroyd if we're spending money.
Yeah, it would be modern but rustic and also super cushy.
Can someone please refresh my memory on which video she enumerated the endangered species?
Here's this series on the master redwood craftsman Eric Hollenbeck.
https://www.discoveryplus.com/video/the-craftsman-us/creating-the-craftsman

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hey kid, be a sport and one day if you are really bored, take a nice, looooong drive and take a gander at the dump up close and personal. Tell us how it really looks outside??? Please????
Yes!!! Up close and personal! And you MUST buy yourself a souvenir from the Shop! A nice chutney.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
wow my fruits you are on fire...i couldnt agree more..just reading 20 pages behind...you all are so spott on..i dont think i have to add something..that patreonsmidweek..i bet she shits her pants by thinking about it.. :LOL: and i also wonder what excuse she will put out..to skipp it...no matter what the outcome is..i bet she is gonna loose patreons...the people who attend will be hugely dissapointed..and the one not able too will also be...there is nothing to gain for Fanny ...she can only loose..or you do it properly..or you dont do it att all..there is nothing in between...silly twit..

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Amaury Richmond is a director of Oak Tree Barns too, isn't he? Good sleuthing, the plot thickens.
He is indeed. But it was more the fact that the family may have been using their accountant's info from their businesses to help Fanny wriggle round Association rules by making herself the sole person who takes all decisions, doesn't require an audit etc. I'm not a financial expert in any shape or form but it seems that if there is an angle this family will get round paying their way. The care home business seems to have been the real money spinner for the Jarvis/Richmond families.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.