The Chateau Diaries #154 Everything they do is waste - everything worthy is wasted on them

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even though I am rocking my fancy flip flops to Walmart! And I live in a very suburban home in Florida! I believe I am 100% more stylish than SJ. With her tacky old designer duds and her 30 year old designer heels ( not well kept) even her tacky cloth Solodad ( sp ) handbag. That matches nothing!! I can’t tell you how cringy she is. Please SJ get it together!! Stop allowing your bf to style you! Throw out your entire wardrobe and grab some nice jeans, a few blazers, some channel flats, we know you we can afford them! A nice blazer, ( Dior) or (Burberry) and some plane tshirts! You would look stylish no matter what you do!! Not a idiot old lady with your grandson or little brother. Maybe a LV cross body.
@mrsp67, you are so right about Stephanie’s dated old lady thrift store style. She can afford to step it up a bit. She could even do it at a thrift store, just not with the normal crap she buys. I also hate that ugly Souleiado “diaper bag” she loves to carry around. It’s probably new & expensive, but it looks old & really ages her. Dumpy, frumpy & dated.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Didn’t he do a vlog with Niki Positano about pizza or am I thinking of someone else?
OMG! You have me wondering if that was Dan! She absolutely did introduce a friend of hers and said he'd just moved to rural France and was starting a new channel. I watched some of his videos at the time she introduced him, and now that I really think on it, I wonder if it was him! I just don't remember his house being such a catastrophe, though, the way Dan from Chateau Diaries is/was. I know it was a little farm and needed work, but it wasn't unlivable like Dan's would have been. I remember the house of Nicki's friend was just out in the middle of nowhere, I don't remember trees and I don't remember the outside being dilapidated or anything.

I'm going to have to look into this, now. More to follow if I find something.

Reactions: 10
@Imperious Me said:
So if winter is best for travel vlogs, and summer is better for garden and woods... when do the renos in the chiteau and chapel take place? tattle.life/goto/post?id=10306673

Answer When Ch4 is ready to film & show them. All the patron paid projects are delayed & kept for Ch4.

Why didn't SJ initially tell her patrons that she wants them to donate money for her Ch4 projects? Why didn't she show them the progress of all these projects & why is she not telling them they have to wait months or years to see what they paid for?

She has been so disrespectful to her viewers & patrons so many times but one of the worst (apart from not showing the 2020 & 2021 accounts) is the patron paid projects she has reserved exclusively for Ch4. The garden, woods, building materials, sneak peeks & anything outside (& irrelevant) is for the patrons, cluttering & decluttering is for the viewers & all the inside projects are for Ch4. Ch4 films the beginning of all the projects (e.g. Gerry & Nati's apartment etc) & they wait until Ch4 is ready to film (& show) the next stages, this is why everything is delayed & why she gives her patrons so many excuses. SJ has promised them (Ch4) lots of future projects (while those who paid for it wait months or years until Ch4 has shown it). It's a slap in the face to all those who have helped her (them) earn money.

Gerry's apartment
Chateau DIY Series 2 Epidode 14 & 15 'Stephanie starts a project creating a tartan inspired apartment (Gerry's) shown on June 16 & 17 2022 (recording from last year). Patrons who asked about that & other projects had their comments blocked or deleted. Patrons only saw a sneak peek of the wallpaper & fittings (months ago) she bought for Gerry's bathroom. Was that not the apartment that was leaking months ago? Well her patrons will have to wait to see the completed apartment (& the Marquis apartment) later this year or early next year because the current CDIY series ended last week (ep 15). I fast fowarded to take these screen shots (I'm not too keen on DIY building shows) the laziest people (SJ & Phi) that never lift a finger were dressed up in safety gear desperate to be on TV & he is still addressed as Dutch BF. These screenshots are from a year ago, I suspect the apartment was completed months ago.

None of her current employees (apart from the Ians') would be paid if not for viewers & most of her projects would not be done if not for current & previous patrons so why the disrespect? It's annoying how she manipulated her audience to support her against Ch4 when she has always favoured Ch4 over her audience & people wonder why she & all her supporting acts are criticised. Disgraceful & ungrateful behaviour from all of them including her aunt, cousin, Nic & Marie & M Potts.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
OMG! You have me wondering if that was Dan! She absolutely did introduce a friend of hers and said he'd just moved to rural France and was starting a new channel. I watched some of his videos at the time she introduced him, and now that I really think on it, I wonder if it was him! I just don't remember his house being such a catastrophe, though, the way Dan from Chateau Diaries is/was. I know it was a little farm and needed work, but it wasn't unlivable like Dan's would have been. I remember the house of Nicki's friend was just out in the middle of nowhere, I don't remember trees and I don't remember the outside being dilapidated or anything.

Quoting myself - I see someone else thinks it was Dan, too! Weird.......
Hard to believe she would be friends with him! He's such a hot mess and she's.....not!

Reactions: 7
On reflection, just so sad really. They had been there 4 years at that point and the vlog is nearly 2 years ago.
He did admit to not having any kind of experience as a builder and, ultimately, they made many mistakes. It was very brave of them to relocate to France without having any kind of "real" language skills.
Made me actually laugh when Dan said he doesn't want to do things 3-4 times regarding the garden - as it turns out, building works too! My advice would have been, just google drought resistance plants would have been a good idea in order to save money in the long term.
And, Annalise backs Dan up 100% as "to be fair" Dan does work 24/7 - bless her. Although, he didn't seem to give her the same kind of respect in return - what's new there then?
They obviously made mistakes BUT, hey, they were young, naive and willing to make a go of it basically because they didn't have the funds to do otherwise!
TBH, Dan has always looked much older than his "real" age. And, his new teeth, imo, make him look even older! :unsure:
What a difference 2 years makes in a family's life. At the end of the day, just so incredibly sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
@mrsp67, you are so right about Stephanie’s dated old lady thrift store style. She can afford to step it up a bit. She could even do it at a thrift store, just not with the normal crap she buys. I also hate that ugly Souleiado “diaper bag” she loves to carry around. It’s probably new & expensive, but it looks old & really ages her. Dumpy, frumpy & dated.
Fanny doesn't carry round the Souliedo daiper bag as much as Snorts does. He's not being a gentleman in carry it for her, he secretly covers it. Recall he even took it back to the homeland when he took off to be in the gay play.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Only two messages left, @Jules100 😊 🎉 !!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

i wonder if Dan is sick. 🤔 He really does not look healthy. Perhaps that is why Annelise set him free to find himself. Catch up on what he missed out as a teen.

PS. Polish your shoes Dan.
Was thinking the exact same thing - do they not have shoe polish in France?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I never used shoe polish. For what? The only official invitations I’ve ever received were for funerals.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Even though I am rocking my fancy flip flops to Walmart! And I live in a very suburban home in Florida! I believe I am 100% more stylish than SJ. With her tacky old designer duds and her 30 year old designer heels ( not well kept) even her tacky cloth Solodad ( sp ) handbag. That matches nothing!! I can’t tell you how cringy she is. Please SJ get it together!! Stop allowing your bf to style you! Throw out your entire wardrobe and grab some nice jeans, a few blazers, some channel flats, we know you we can afford them! A nice blazer, ( Dior) or (Burberry) and some plane tshirts! You would look stylish no matter what you do!! Not a idiot old lady with your grandson or little brother. Maybe a LV cross body.
Unfortunately, I worked with an out-and-out younger, full on N female member within my team for 3 years - ultimately not my choice, it was an historical appointment but when she was initially selected by the former manager, I had given all my personal reasons why she should not be appointed - imho, pure N, without a shadow of a doubt and that she would be trouble in the longer term - which she was.
Actually, working with her for 3 years (after those that appointed her had flown the nest within months of doing so), dealing with her tipped me over the edge at the end. Nothing new there then!
But, she used to frequently come into the office with such odd/ugly clothes/footwear and OTT state how they were designer implying how she was such a fashionista and was able to spend huge amounts of money on them. Which she wasn't able to do in reality but for her own self esteem sake she thought she was doing. More fool her was what I always thought! One time, even in those belly dancing type shoes - I just thought, WTF?
BUT, when it came to paying everyday expenses, she always deferred to me for advice. I was generally zipping my mouth! Ordinarily, I would help absolutely anyone but her, I just thought, get on with it love as you adore lording it over absolutely everyone so you are not going to use me.
She once asked me what finance company I had used in connection in purchasing my brand new car. I took the absolute most pleasure in telling her, that I had paid cash. And, that I had never, ever had a loan in my entire life even though I had been a single mother for over 30 years. That shut her up!
Just like Stephanie Jarvis, all smoke and mirrors so that they can appear on the surface to be something that they are totally 100% not.

Reactions: 20
@Imperious Me said:
So if winter is best for travel vlogs, and summer is better for garden and woods... when do the renos in the chiteau and chapel take place? tattle.life/goto/post?id=10306673

Answer When Ch4 is ready to film & show them. All the patron paid projects are delayed & kept for Ch4.

Why didn't SJ initially tell her patrons that she wants them to donate money for her Ch4 projects? Why didn't she show them the progress of all these projects & why is she not telling them they have to wait months or years to see what they paid for?

She has been so disrespectful to her viewers & patrons so many times but one of the worst (apart from not showing the 2020 & 2021 accounts) is the patron paid projects she has reserved exclusively for Ch4. The garden, woods, building materials, sneak peeks & anything outside (& irrelevant) is for the patrons, cluttering & decluttering is for the viewers & all the inside projects are for Ch4. Ch4 films the beginning of all the projects (e.g. Gerry & Nati's apartment etc) & they wait until Ch4 is ready to film (& show) the next stages, this is why everything is delayed & why she gives her patrons so many excuses. SJ has promised them (Ch4) lots of future projects (while those who paid for it wait months or years until Ch4 has shown it). It's a slap in the face to all those who have helped her (them) earn money.

Gerry's apartment
Chateau DIY Series 2 Epidode 14 & 15 'Stephanie starts a project creating a tartan inspired apartment (Gerry's) shown on June 16 & 17 2022 (recording from last year). Patrons who asked about that & other projects had their comments blocked or deleted. Patrons only saw a sneak peek of the wallpaper & fittings (months ago) she bought for Gerry's bathroom. Was that not the apartment that was leaking months ago? Well her patrons will have to wait to see the completed apartment (& the Marquis apartment) later this year or early next year because the current CDIY series ended last week (ep 15). I fast fowarded to take these screen shots (I'm not too keen on DIY building shows) the laziest people (SJ & Phi) that never lift a finger were dressed up in safety gear desperate to be on TV & he is still addressed as Dutch BF. These screenshots are from a year ago, I suspect the apartment was completed months ago.

None of her current employees (apart from the Ians') would be paid if not for viewers & most of her projects would not be done if not for current & previous patrons so why the disrespect? It's annoying how she manipulated her audience to support her against Ch4 when she has always favoured Ch4 over her audience & people wonder why she & all her supporting acts are criticised. Disgraceful & ungrateful behaviour from all of them including her aunt, cousin, Nic & Marie & M Potts.
Are those the expensive boots she bought at Ians wife's shop?

Reactions: 8

It looks like he lost the original vlog...from this 👇

Reactions: 12
Cowboy Caviar?

Reminds me that I never watched brokeback mountain.. and I never went camping. Is it like this, making cowboy caviar?

I loved that movie!! Ellis
I’m a Birkenstock convert. I don’t like the look but boy are they comfortable. Took me years to buy a pair. Every time I went I. I would tell the sales assistant I can’t spend that kind of money on something so ugly😂. Now I won’t wear anything else. I see they have brought out walking shoes. I’m definitely going to invest in a pair of those. Stephanie should too! 😂
my husband wears his with socks, he has work ones garden ones and house ones, I’m to vain!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
As the subject of summer footwear and flip flops is still rolling along - initial thanks to @Jules100 - I'm with @Kickintheass on Birkenstock Ghizeh (graceful taupe this year) there are no others and my podologue approves (also totally agree on the Dijonnaise). I do like an ankle bracelet, and have a nice selection bought at beach markets over the years but, I wonder if I'm now too old... 2 buckets full of beach flip flops in the garage and it's always tempting to pop into Decathlon on the way to the beach to view the different colourways. How many of you know, and can do, la dance de la tong? Bing, bang, bong 🎶 Two and a half months more of summer, will the flip flop discussion last that long 🤣🤣🤣
After all this talk of flip flops I opened an email from Fatface with a 20% off summer essentials. Flip flops are obviously essentials and to my horror I don’t think I have any left. I was very restrained and have only ordered one pair😂

I’ve had Cowboy Caviar many times, lol. Often at reunions and tailgates.
I am learning so much about American food on here today which s making me hungry but Cowboy Caviar at Tailgates😳. What is a tailgate.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.