The Chateau Diaries #154 Everything they do is waste - everything worthy is wasted on them

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dear, departed mother (known locally as the Southern Belle from Hell for her adherence to southern tradition) always said making mayonnaise was simply too easy to use store bought. However, if you were short on time Hellman’s would do in a pinch, but you would need to add a little lemon juice. She also made her picnic potatoes au gratin with Velveeta Rotel dip as the cheese sauce. Trashy, maybe, delicious definitely.😝
The Southern Belle from Hell! You inherited the title? And the picnic taters recipe? Please share.
Here's a super trashy White Trash cookin' summer squash casserole recipe from the late Delta princess, Julia Reed. Heart attack on a plate!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

i wonder if Dan is sick. 🤔 He really does not look healthy. Perhaps that is why Annelise set him free to find himself. Catch up on what he missed out as a teen.

PS. Polish your shoes Dan.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Falling out over the flip flops discussion.
I've worn nothing but since I started working for myself aged 40.
In a previous incarnation, I named myself after a fancy flip flop.
Clearly, the fish shack is going to have to have some themed partays this boiling hot summer.
Knickers not optional, since we are anti Stephanie, after all. Flip flops not required, but if you know what's good for you....the knicker police will also be checking out your feet.
But fancy flip flops party, I think. The higher the platform, the closer to God. I'm thinking mini red hot chili pepper LED lights on mine. And glow in the dark rave toenail polish. And an ankle bracelet, perhaps Polynesian navigator style....
Crimes against humanity I have loved buffet, I think. @BlessingoftheHounds, you made me schnork the organic hibiscus tea, and not for the first time. My candidate, as always, my beloved lime jello salad, with pineapple, cottage cheese, and horseradish.
We may have to name a room -- or the drag queen starring in it -- Velveeta Rotel.
And a very speshul room in the back, with a password and a safe word, named Miracle Whip.
As the subject of summer footwear and flip flops is still rolling along - initial thanks to @Jules100 - I'm with @Kickintheass on Birkenstock Ghizeh (graceful taupe this year) there are no others and my podologue approves (also totally agree on the Dijonnaise). I do like an ankle bracelet, and have a nice selection bought at beach markets over the years but, I wonder if I'm now too old... 2 buckets full of beach flip flops in the garage and it's always tempting to pop into Decathlon on the way to the beach to view the different colourways. How many of you know, and can do, la dance de la tong? Bing, bang, bong 🎶 Two and a half months more of summer, will the flip flop discussion last that long 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The Southern Belle from Hell! You inherited the title? And the picnic taters recipe? Please share.
Here's a super trashy White Trash cookin' summer squash casserole recipe from the late Delta princess, Julia Reed. Heart attack on a plate!
I’ve never been too much of one for tradition, though I keep to a few. I have been told by those in the know that I am very much my momma’s child. The potato recipe is simple. Make a batch of Velveeta Rotel dip, boil 5-6 unpeeled russets in salted water to just cooked through but not soft. Drain and cool, it’s your choice whether to peel or not at this point, cut into bite sized chunks and fill a 2qt ir larger casserole. Pour over dip and bake at 375 degrees til top is browned and bubbly. The addition of sausage in winter makes a hearty main dish casserole with crusty bread.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Didn’t he do a vlog with Niki Positano about pizza or am I thinking of someone else?
Yes he did, I think, and it looked like it was going to be an occasional collaboration but nothing ever came of it. He's too tied into the tit'o now and perhaps Nikki saw where that was going...

Reactions: 13
As the subject of summer footwear and flip flops is still rolling along - initial thanks to @Jules100 - I'm with @Kickintheass on Birkenstock Ghizeh (graceful taupe this year) there are no others and my podologue approves (also totally agree on the Dijonnaise). I do like an ankle bracelet, and have a nice selection bought at beach markets over the years but, I wonder if I'm now too old... 2 buckets full of beach flip flops in the garage and it's always tempting to pop into Decathlon on the way to the beach to view the different colourways. How many of you know, and can do, la dance de la tong? Bing, bang, bong 🎶 Two and a half months more of summer, will the flip flop discussion last that long 🤣🤣🤣
I’m a Birkenstock convert. I don’t like the look but boy are they comfortable. Took me years to buy a pair. Every time I went I. I would tell the sales assistant I can’t spend that kind of money on something so ugly😂. Now I won’t wear anything else. I see they have brought out walking shoes. I’m definitely going to invest in a pair of those. Stephanie should too! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’ve never been too much of one for tradition, though I keep to a few. I have been told by those in the know that I am very much my momma’s child. The potato recipe is simple. Make a batch of Velveeta Rotel dip, boil 5-6 unpeeled russets in salted water to just cooked through but not soft. Drain and cool, it’s your choice whether to peel or not at this point, cut into bite sized chunks and fill a 2qt ir larger casserole. Pour over dip and bake at 375 degrees til top is browned and bubbly. The addition of sausage in winter makes a hearty main dish casserole with crusty bread.
Ded. I'm ded, browned and bubbly. Gotta have me some.
Doing @C'est moi's special flip flop dance de la tong for you and your mama. (Slopes off to Google la dance de la tong....also, never too old for an ankle bracelet. You can still flirt with your feet. I find sticking to sailor man types takes the hootchie element out of it.)

Get it Frenchies. No Polynesian navigators like the Frenchies. Favorite perfume, Comptoir Sud Pacifique Motu.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
My dear, departed mother (known locally as the Southern Belle from Hell for her adherence to southern tradition) always said making mayonnaise was simply too easy to use store bought. However, if you were short on time Hellman’s would do in a pinch, but you would need to add a little lemon juice. She also made her picnic potatoes au gratin with Velveeta Rotel dip as the cheese sauce. Trashy, maybe, delicious definitely.😝
Makes me think of our “Redneck Caviar” the salsa and bean dip- ever had it?
Sonetimes called Cowboy Caviar.
Recipes on Pinterest! 💁🏼‍♀️
I’m going to have to make some!!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Makes me think of our “Redneck Caviar” the salsa and bean dip- ever had it?
Sonetimes called Cowboy Caviar.
Recipes on Pinterest! 💁🏼‍♀️
I’m going to have to make some!!!
The Homesick Texan, Lisa Fain, wussed out and calls it "Texas Caviar". One of the greatest of the many incarnations of Rotel. And black-eyed peas. Boy is that stuff good.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It could have been such a nice sunday.. until the self proclaimed trademark queen popped up. She annoyed the hell out of anyone with all her tips about trademarks and she sent also books about that topic to lalande.

We try to avoid her as much as possible.
Sorry 20 seconds in and I just glazed over, even SJ looked like she had trouble looking as if she cared.

Reactions: 7
Cowboy Caviar?

Reminds me that I never watched brokeback mountain.. and I never went camping. Is it like this, making cowboy caviar?

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Wow
What an utterly useless vlog! Weak advice that went nowhere, and was ignored by Jarvis, who went on the steal someone else's copyrighted artwork as their trademark logo.
Exactly, the original The House of Scalamandre bedroom Peacock wallpaper that Steve from M&M copied/created a logo from for the HMN. They were using it at one time on everything.
Funny, how we don't see that featured on anything anymore. ;)
I still wonder whether Steve was dragged into that debacle too for copyright infringement as the creator - of course, we will never know the full story.

Stephanie Jarvis, being the N she is, just feels that she is so above copyright and filming permission issues simply because she is a "successful" YTuber!

PLUS, not being totally transparent with her Patrons, the Association or paying the appropriate taxes and fully adhering to French employment laws.
God alone only knows how many fines she has incurred to date for late submission of her accounts, added to which, additional legal/accountancy fees too. I'm surprised that her pink phone hasn't exploded yet! Or, hasn't been broken by her throwing/stamping on it in a fit of rage. 😁

You just need one truthful one for others to be brave enough to share.
I sincerely hope so, fingers crossed. 😁

Reactions: 15
Even though I am rocking my fancy flip flops to Walmart! And I live in a very suburban home in Florida! I believe I am 100% more stylish than SJ. With her tacky old designer duds and her 30 year old designer heels ( not well kept) even her tacky cloth Solodad ( sp ) handbag. That matches nothing!! I can’t tell you how cringy she is. Please SJ get it together!! Stop allowing your bf to style you! Throw out your entire wardrobe and grab some nice jeans, a few blazers, some channel flats, we know you we can afford them! A nice blazer, ( Dior) or (Burberry) and some plane tshirts! You would look stylish no matter what you do!! Not a idiot old lady with your grandson or little brother. Maybe a LV cross body.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Didn’t he do a vlog with Niki Positano about pizza or am I thinking of someone else?
Yes I think it was a bit of staged vlog where it was obviously a staged oh how can we make a pizza, oh someone who will know is Nicki..as if they were friends. But I guess it was good cross promotion. It seems so long ago that he was playing happy families. I watched his Q&A with him & Annalise again & it seems so sad that they'd been through so much together to get to where they were. I don't want to speculate on what happened but I wonder if they will get back together. They say in this vlog that the renovation will take...forever..

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I wonder why a guy who “gave” Stephanie a $23,000 chandelier has to use a YouTube comment to ask her to email him?

9EF6576D-A1C1-4E73-BB6B-E0C012EC1D81.jpeg

(From Thursday’s vlog)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I've had the original blackberry jam cake recipe with the boiled caramel icing for like 40 years. Could never manage the icing -- always turned into burned hard crack I had to chisel out of the saucepan.
The cream cheese caramel icing really saved my bacon. Don't add the cream -- too runny -- just cream cheese, sugar, salt, salted caramel. People groan when they eat it.
One year (it's a special request birthday cake for a rellie) I actually sent away for foraged Kentucky black walnuts to make it, and Bella Viva's orgasmic white raisins. Good way to make a $60 cake, it was AWESOME.

[/QUOTE]
Yes! That boiled icing was terrible and usually turned hard on me, too - ON THE CAKE itself! We usually made it for family reunions or the holidays. Now, everybody's making Red Velvet cakes.......My father liked blackberry jam cake, which is really just a spice cake, when you get right down to it, but he hated that icing (it was my mom's relatives who made it all the time and one of the things he missed when he and my mom divorced! My dad was a city guy, from Louisville and my mom was more of a country girl from Lexington). I really like that cream cheese version you posted - thanks for the tip about not adding the cream. I have cousins in Paris and Versailles, right outside of Lexington, who have huge black walnut trees. I came home with a good sized bag full in 2019! I remember as a kid, sitting out with my great grandma and a bunch of her daughters (one of which was my grandma) and watching all of them pick black walnuts and gossip about all the other family that wasn't there! I thought it would give me a great feeling to do it myself, as I had watched my female relatives do it 40 years ago - they were brutal to pick! Oh my God, I needed a sledge hammer to crack them open! My husband would pound them and I'd pick out the nut.........tiny pieces! I'll never do that again.....and it's was just as well, my husband isn't a fan of black walnuts, anyway, but he'll eat them!

Those golden Thompson raisins are good! I've never gotten the brand you have linked to here, but Trader Joe's has them occasionally. They are much larger than the typical golden raisins I typically get!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm almost hesitant to dip my toes into mayonnaise tattling but I was reminded of Dan's short-lived YT cheffy channel (7 episodes, just over 4,600 subscribers). Here he is, making aioli. Well presented, knew what he was doing, no faffing about. Pretty darnn good.

What a difference a year makes. In so many ways, and none of them good.

(I was also reminded of a CD vlog with the Chatelaine of Chaos skipping around the Lalande kitchen while extolling the virtues of the thermomix for making mayonnaise, something - apparently - she'd never mastered before. Absolute tosh and twaddle, of course: it's the simplest thing in the world to make "by hand" (although I do sometimes use either a liquidiser or an immersion stick blender!).
Just one year. That man today (and with new teeth) looks at least ten years older.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.