The Chateau Diaries #154 Everything they do is waste - everything worthy is wasted on them

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here's a picture of the newest fountain she showed. She said it was going to be being picked up by Amaury's parents, so I guess she purchased it in the UK?
Meanwhile, no heat, damp and mold all over the building, a roof that looks as though it has seen better days and a major structural area with the chateau itself over in that corner where the terrace hasn't been finished...not to mention possible structural issues with the chapel (that have been mentioned here).

View attachment 1356164
That was also a really weird edit, why shove that photo in front of Amaury? 🤔

Reactions: 11
Why do I have the feeling that Flip is secretly filling Steffi with alcohol, to get more control over lalande..
he is charming her and she falls for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@mrsp67, you are so right about Stephanie’s dated old lady thrift store style. She can afford to step it up a bit. She could even do it at a thrift store, just not with the normal crap she buys. I also hate that ugly Souleiado “diaper bag” she loves to carry around. It’s probably new & expensive, but it looks old & really ages her. Dumpy, frumpy & dated.
Steff that as she's a Princess, and Princess Di had that exact bag in the 80's, she should have one too 😆 😆

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Honestly, The Squirrel Shop is absolutely ludicrous…on the level of Selmar and Taty’s chateau gofundme debacle. No one is going to go to a shop in the middle of nowhere. The only way it makes even a little sense is if the room is used as a place to fulfill online orders. But they have no business getting into that…they can’t even send a thank you card in a timely manner, let alone fulfill an online order. The place is crumbling around them and Squirrel is playing store keeper….it’s total insanity. Dan…Amaury…if this doesn’t open your eyes to the madness, I don’t know what will. Dan should be thinking “what the hell did I get myself into?” There are no adults in the room to keep SJ in check.
If they do intend to sell their ill gotten goods online, I would love to watch Philip properly package up a set of beautiful porcelain dishes or crystal champagne glasses so everything will arrive at some delusional U.S. granny’s house intact. Now that would be an entertaining CD video, or maybe they could set up a live webcam.

*ill gotten goods is also another Lalande gift shop name suggestion

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
How the hell are they going to provide water for this fountain in a yet to be created enclosed "room" area of the Forest Garden? There is currently no water supply to water the plants let alone, operate a fountain. :rolleyes:
This fountain would look far better in the veg garden, where there is an established water supply.
Hasn’t she already purchased one for the walled garden? To go with that hideous Chelsea Garden Show pergola thingy she bought?!?

Reactions: 14
I’ve only managed 5 mins of the flog so far!! 😆 My observations are …

That looks like large amounts of mould on the green wall ~ jeez 🤢 and wow, lucky Emmaus getting that pile of filthy crap! How generous of them to save their own bin space and instead dump it all off to a charity!
6F48ECA8-B29A-41ED-96BC-178D34F3E380.jpeg

FC2EC004-58AB-4E7B-83E4-97FE544D3ABE.jpeg

Also this comment is bang on … shampo, rinse and repeat indeed!

B4D4EC4B-FCCB-49AE-BBD1-2E0F4ED6A632.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
How the hell are they going to provide water for this fountain in a yet to be created enclosed "room" area of the Forest Garden? There is currently no water supply to water the plants let alone, operate a fountain. :rolleyes:
This fountain would look far better in the veg garden, where there is an established water supply.
Instead of a fountain, maybe just a fancy bird bath? No running water or electrical work needed. Amaury can manually refill it everyday whilst he’s watering the garden. Until he eventually just stops, then it can just be a beautiful piece of peacock poop covered sculpture amongst the weeds.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
View attachment 1356318Suzanne Gagne
prije 6 sati So… are you selling things people have given you.. would understand if you do… can’t keep everything really.

View attachment 1356319
Philip Janssen
4 hours ago
We would never sell a gift! We’ll be selling porcelain/crystal/etc and also our own merchandise that we’ll be creating

Their own merchandise.
??????????
They already have sold gifts they received via Tina's shop - we have the receipts courtesy of Miss Artemis. Just more lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes, I noticed a lingering shot recently in a Dan video, of his carefully replacing a wood chisel in its very expensive-looking carrying case with a dozen other matching wood-handled gleaming new metal blade wood carving tools. He then stroked them and closed the carrying case lid. Mmmm hmmm.
I notived that too @billybudd and forgot to mention. I took it that he was taking the 'mickey' out of Anne Marie's (rightlyfully in my opinion, we're talking DTM here), about people borrowing his tools and not returning them.
Anne Marie actually muttered the 'f' word in a clip about it. Said clip was left in. I thought 'blimey, someone has definitely pissed him off. No prizes for guessing who.
Hubby is a retired carpenter. Chisels can be very expensive but they are made to last a lifetime. Unless DTM is using them obvs.

It threfore begs the question, did Anne Marie bring all of his tools over, or has he been rewarded for arriving with new ones :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: As you point out, they were gleaming like new. Hubby's are well used and worn, could never pass for new.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
No tante and tantan are going to bring it in illegally. Stashed in their car.
I could be wrong but if this fountain is deemed to be worth over a certain amount will they have to pay import tax on it,

Reactions: 18
Should I ever boink with a boss of mine, can I also write „we“ and „ours“ the whole day?
You can always write to him...happy for you to pinch my words - no copyright infringement will be incurred.

Dear Mr Michael
I would very much like to apply for a job as your personal assistant. I have excellent writing skills, am extremely personable and find no chore too small to give my fullest attention. My previous employer commented on just how efficient I was with any tasks in hand. I take great pride in being
I take great pride in being able to anticipate what needs to be done before being asked to perform. I have excellent driving skills, am adept at sourcing via Amazon & other databases which may be of interest to you.

My inheritance from my uncle Louis who was in the Texan oil industry was given to me on the strict understanding that I would use the $ to travel and share my good fortune along the way.

My hobbies and interests include
Beatrix Potter
Aga cookers & copper based pans
Polishing my Lederhosen

I would very much like to have the opportunity of working with someone of your taste and artistic calibre.
Yours sincerely
Halycyon Organic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
You can always write to him...happy for you to pinch my words - no copyright infringement will be incurred.

Dear Mr Michael
I would very much like to apply for a job as your personal assistant. I have excellent writing skills, am extremely personable and find no chore too small to give my fullest attention. My previous employer commented on just how efficient I was with any tasks in hand. I take great pride in being
I take great pride in being able to anticipate what needs to be done before being asked to perform. I have excellent driving skills, am adept at sourcing via Amazon & other databases which may be of interest to you.

My inheritance from my uncle Louis who was in the Texan oil industry was given to me on the strict understanding that I would use the $ to travel and share my good fortune along the way.

My hobbies and interests include
Beatrix Potter
Aga cookers & copper based pans
Polishing my Lederhosen

I would very much like to have the opportunity of working with someone of your taste and artistic calibre.
Yours sincerely
Halycyon Organic
I tell you now something witch….. you are spot on.
Except for that Lederhose part. I never had any. They make my feet sweaty, then the Lederhosen start looking grimy. And the leather is also rubbing on my skin everywhere….

• Haha
They already have sold gifts they received via Tina's shop - we have the receipts courtesy of Miss Artemis. Just more lies.
Any news @Clara on the suggestion that gifts from the GAG are being sold in Tina's shop? Tina would surely suspect where these items originated and I would be surprised if she was complicit in this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I have an insatiable desire to cut off this blonde fluff. He would then (almost) look acceptable.

✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂

Screenshot (54).png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
@ComtesseRose thankyou for posting the missing 30 seconds. It seemed to me she has some lines in her head and was walking and talking and prepping dialogue in her head. Likely to be edited into a continuous sentence. So whoever edited did not cut the scene up. Who is doing her editing? Then again I could be wrong and she was liquored up.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I reckon it goes back to the care home days. I remember when Fanny was looking at furniture to buy (again) from a place builder Ian told her was closing down & she remarked on a dressing table saying it reminded her of ones in the home when people brought in furniture from their homes. I know this happens in the UK sometimes that people bring in their favourite chair or bits of furniture, ornaments etc. But obviously when that person dies & the room is needed to be turned round quickly then possessions have to be cleared as soon as possible. Wonder how many times the owners 'helpfully' suggested that they could get rid of furniture & ornaments if the family were too grief stricken or didn't have the means to do so? And wonder how much of the stuff was sold on?
Don't forget , some elderly have no relatives and they have jewellery like wedding rings , pearls etc. and Very expensive named pieces too!
Plus , when someone has dementia they give things away or put it in crazy places only to be found when all the stuff has to be moved when the patient dies.
One could reap a lot of money that way too.

she looks like she is going to collapse, dehydrated prehaps unable to think straight, pauses confusion on face. Heat stroke or alcohol. If she was heading to Nic dont believ she would have made it. Is this what was deleted out?
Maybe she saw the Tax Man coming through the forest ! :eek:🌲

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.