The Chateau Diaries #154 Everything they do is waste - everything worthy is wasted on them

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I was the local Emmaus, I would be mad at Fanny and company. They use Emmaus as their dumping ground for broken, obsolete, dirty, unsuitable junk from the Shittoo. Fanny says there are 40 rooms at the Shittoo. Are 20 filled with dirty junk? It seems like all they do is move junk from one room to the other and then purchase more junk to replace what was thrown out. The attics still aren’t cleaned out.

Why doesn’t Fanny show us the room with the 6 month stockpile of grifted gifts and clean them out?

Having said that, I would consider becoming a Patron for a couple of months if Fanny and Phi Phi video themselves using the old, dirty facial steamer Fanny saved from the December 2021 attic cleaning and Phi Phi eats a bite of the 2011 chutney.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Grifters R Us
Fanny and Snorty are such gubbins to open up a gift shop at the shiteau.

I suggest they name the shop 'Gubbins' - perhaps in honour of Brenda Gibbons.

gubbins in British English
(ˈɡʌbɪnz)
NOUN informal
1. (functioning as singular)
an object of little or no value
2. (functioning as singular)
a small device or gadget (it will be small,)
3. (functioning as plural)
odds and ends; litter or rubbish
4. (functioning as singular)
a silly person -

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I have no problem with the shop selling some of the gifts - many of the letters say (words to the effect) “I hope this may be of use,” “pass it on to others”,etc. There are only so many aprons, tea towels, costume jewellery one needs.
I think they could make an online shop work with LaLa merchandise. The Andi pictures and Christmas paper (digital) seemed to have sold well. If people are silly enough to send silly gifts by post for 100s of dollars then she can do what she wants with them. It is the charity donation deception which annoys me. Given one super fan was desperate to “buy books from La La” then it could move a lot of weighty crap out of La La (and possibly allow the earth’s gravity to reset).

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Fire wood They use some but not that much... Probably are selling it... Or Rob Zombies Dad is selling it... Amoury was talking about installing a pellet boiler and buying a pellet making machine for his saw dust as he was burning barrels of saw dust... Should have saved the saw dust... They going to need a tit ton of pellets to heat that heap... Putting down tarps and then covering the piles... Hell put the piles where she wants a new garden kill the growth and store the saw dust... Put up some covered parking and solar panels on the roof...Whole system will pay for itself in like 3 years... She could have paid for half the system with how much they spent on sculptures... Which btw look like a pain in the ass to dust ... In a year they'll be just fuzzy dust covered lumps cast aside somewhere...

Reactions: 23
Earlier on in this thread someone mentioned the Souleiado Bag. I looked up the price and it converts to $180 A! It is a cloth bag. A metre of hand blocked Indian fabric was about $4A a few years back, and with inflation, I expect to pay a bit more when in India next. I know the fabric is made in France, but it is only cotton/linen blocked fabric. I used to help at a small NGO where beautiful bags were made(much more beautiful in style and work than SJ's) and something like the one SJ has would be created (and lined) in about 2/3 hours by very skillful sewers. Someone is having a lend here with those prices.

Reactions: 19
When I read the last thread, I read the info on the chapel restorer. I didn’t realize he was 78 years old and lived near the Shittoo. He has done some really impressive restoration projects and his offer to Fanny was very generous and kind. She has really screwed him over. He purchased things needed for the chapel for which she has refused to reimburse him. He offered his extraordinary skills and time to her for free but she has blown him off and treated him so shabbily and disrespectfully. This man is the same age as Isabelle and is in the community in which they reside.

What a jerk Fanny must be to screw over a neighbor/artisan like she has. She and Isabelle truly have no shame. I would be surprised if she ever paid him. I think she has let a couple years pass so he may be unable to do the work, even if he would still agree to do so. That way she can have a pity party for herself and spend the money shopping. I have a feeling that his perspective on poor little orphan Fanny has changed since he first met her and made the offer.

The one predictable thing about Fanny is how poorly she treats others who have offered her kindness, e.g, Ian, Selmar, Patrons who give her gifts and valuable antiques, the Venice lady who let Fanny stay at the chateau when she was being nasty in the bedrooms, the man who did the peacock chair and brought it to her, Ian who found pews for the church, The chandelier guy, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Name suggestions for the new Lalande gift shop:
*some of these could also work for Amaury & Natti’s pretend baby name.
-Tits for Tat
-Suckers
-Craptastic
-The Dutch Oven
-Lil’ Poops
-Lalande Grunge
-Smoke & Mirrors
-Just Gross
-Cooties
-Cash Grab
-Granny Chic
-Crotch Shots
-Fannys
-Scruffs
-Stankys
-Chateau Cat Pee
-Former Cholera Pit
-Marie Wiik’s Hopes & Dreams
-Slackers
-Swingers
-STD’s
-Henri’s
-Faux
-Just Spray a Lil’ Febreeze
-Rusty Trombone
-Dirty Sanchez
-Pretender to the Throne
-Overpriced tit
-tit & Shinola

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Fanny is really missing the boat with Nic the tree guy. I think a video(s) with him explaining about different types of trees, how to determine which trees to keep, signs of an unhealthy tree, biggest mistakes people make with planting/selecting trees, what to take into consideration with wildlife when thinning a forest or planting/ cutting down trees, goals of forest restoration, types of equipment used in forestry management, etc. would be great. He has years of boots on the ground experience and I think his advice would be trustworthy. He seems to have a keen interest and passion for trees, forestry, and wildlife living amongst the forest. He definitely has street cred and lots of different equipment.

Amaury would be a better person than Fanny to do such videos. Amaury could also speak with Nic about the best types of trees/wood to be used for woodworking, making furniture, flooring, firewood, etc. In one of the videos thus week Nic was talking about 2 trees that had been cut down that he and Amaury thought might be good for furniture or something like that. Why not do a video explaining why that tree was selected, what attributes did it have that would be desirable for woodworking, the age of it , the grain of the wood, etc,

What type of trees make up the percentage of the 40+ acres of trees? What do they want to plant and why? Which trees are less desirable and they want to cut down?

I bet Nic has some interesting stories to tell. Much more interesting than the porcelain fondler snorting and buying china and Fanny going into convulsions over a rosebud.

Amaury should follow up with a video on woodworking, etc. and display his knowledge and skills. Then Nutty can spoon feed him some ice cream and he can show us how many yards he can wander into the woods before his microchip alerts Ñutty.

I have no problem with the shop selling some of the gifts - many of the letters say (words to the effect) “I hope this may be of use,” “pass it on to others”,etc. There are only so many aprons, tea towels, costume jewellery one needs.
I think they could make an online shop work with LaLa merchandise. The Andi pictures and Christmas paper (digital) seemed to have sold well. If people are silly enough to send silly gifts by post for 100s of dollars then she can do what she wants with them. It is the charity donation deception which annoys me. Given one super fan was desperate to “buy books from La La” then it could move a lot of weighty crap out of La La (and possibly allow the earth’s gravity to reset).
Anything sold online would have to be digital downloads only. Some of her earliest Patrons are still waiting on their postcard from Fanny and the Argentenian bully cannot even handle opening boxes and looking up abbreviations for names of countries and states. Do you reallly think they could package and post products to sell? They still haven’t managed to install locks on the doors of the Shittoo. And Nutty is too busy tracking Amaury’s location 24/7 to even run the B&B 2 to 3 days per week. I can see it now, Fanny opens a box during the cadeaux and it is an item that should have been mailed to a customer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
A tailgate is a sporting event picnic type feast held before said event and gets its name from the food being spread across your truck’s lowered tailgate.
You worded it so nicely- I almost thought I must have been to a whole other thing- to the ones that involved adult beverages- Playing Corn hole or what’s the solo cup one??? Drinking games....oh and food!!! Lots of food- appetizers, bbq and all the sides!!! Redneck caviar!!! 😉
Pre-party before going into the stadium!!! Some just stay at the tailgate and watch on large TV’s set up for the game as well. Keep the party going! 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Mummy-Son🍼
With every vlog there are increasing Mummy-Son vibes between Fanny and Snorty. Please Mummy:
  • Can I have my own shop to play in. It will be like my own little lego dollhouse where I can polish and play with my porcelain
  • Let me lick the hedgehog spatula
  • I want chocolate chips
  • let me make vegan banana because mean Cuz Amuary won't like it
Educating Snorty 🏫 Today's lesson:
It’s for making samosa’s...what’s that?.… little Indian pastries…. I’ve never heard of them before!!

Dan - MIA :unsure:

• Another vlog with very little Dan time - just having a cuppa at the kitchen table and serving dinner. The end is nigh....
  • Amuary is doing everything - carpentry, watering the garden, deadheading plants, moving furniture, serving guests
  • Why isn't Dan watering the morning garden? We know he's not an early riser, but perhaps Dan's not staying at the shiteau anymore and therefore he's not there in time for the early morning watering of the Jardain Anglais ;)
Heat & Filming☀
Definitely filmed over a few different days - Fanny & Snorty just wearing same clothes on different days
  • Snorty wearing a cotton jumper (even if it did have holes in it), long trousers and closed-toed, flannel slippers during a heat wave?
  • Drinking hot tea & coffee and baking in the oven?
  • Footage of Nick the Tree Surgeon taken previously
  • Snorty appears to be wearing the same trousers to dinner that he worked in all day??
  • Fanny didn't film wandering the garden with her morning tea, chatting with Cuz, clearing out studio, eating 11 year old chutney at lunch, cleaning ice-cream maker, making ice-cream, making bread, chatting with Nic, eating bread & ice-cream, clearing out studio, setting table and getting ready for 7:30 p.m. dinner - all on the hottest day of the year.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Name suggestions for the new Lalande gift shop:
*some of these could also work for Amaury & Natti’s pretend baby name.
-Tits for Tat
-Suckers
-Craptastic
-Lil’ Poops
-Lalande Grunge
-Smoke & Mirrors
-Just Gross
-Cooties
-Cash Grab
-Granny Chic
-Crotch Shots
-Fannys
-Scruffs
-Stankys
-Chateau Cat Pee
-Former Cholera Pit
-Marie Wiik’s Hopes & Dreams
-Slackers
-Swingers
-STD’s
-Henri’s
-Faux
-Just Spray a Lil’ Febreeze
-Rusty Trombone
-Dirty Sanchez
-Pretender to the Throne
-Overpriced tit
-tit & Shinola
Those are great! :ROFLMAO:
A couple more for the list:
Grift 'n' Gift
Bric-a-Brac 'n' Bedbugs
The Camel's Toe
Brocunte
Tokens of My Deflection

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I always polished my childrens shoes, and when my Grand Children came along my Daughter didn't bother. So on the days I took them to school I polished their shoes.
They used to say you can tell a lot about a man by the state of his shoes.
I remember cleaning my girls little white leather Keds with some type of shoe cleaner I bought back then and they looked like new. This was when they went 3 days a week to Mothers Day Out at our church. Years later when I got to know some of the ladies better they said they remembered those clean tennis shoes/ not a scuff mark on them/ like they thought they were new each week! lol!!! It was worth it to get the leather ones because of the clean up being easy! The canvas ones could be washed but never looked like new again. I don’t think much attention is given to their own kids shoes. But when they are here / like you said @Elviemary/ I clean up their shoes! 😬😉💁🏼‍♀️

• Heart
They are definitely not organized enough to run a shop, especially if there is shipping involved!! They don’t have any customer service skills, this is going to die a quick death. They can’t even acknowledge packages that have been sent 6+ months ago! What a waste of time.

So are they just selling items they buy cheap and add a huge markup because they touched it?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Fire wood They use some but not that much... Probably are selling it... Or Rob Zombies Dad is selling it... Amoury was talking about installing a pellet boiler and buying a pellet making machine for his saw dust as he was burning barrels of saw dust... Should have saved the saw dust... They going to need a tit ton of pellets to heat that heap... Putting down tarps and then covering the piles... Hell put the piles where she wants a new garden kill the growth and store the saw dust... Put up some covered parking and solar panels on the roof...Whole system will pay for itself in like 3 years... She could have paid for half the system with how much they spent on sculptures... Which btw look like a pain in the ass to dust ... In a year they'll be just fuzzy dust covered lumps cast aside somewhere...
That's a lot of wood for just 2 or 3 working fireplaces in the entire shiteau: the winter salon, the front hallway/dining room and I think Fanny's bedroom. I've never seen a fire in the Grand Salon.

In all this little ex-laundry room's various incarnations, has no-one ever thought to scrub it clean of that filthy green mold?

Green mold often causes upper respiratory infections, Including bronchitis and pneumonia, as well as inflammation of the lungs. In some people it causes severe sinus issues, itchy skin rashes and hives.

View attachment 1355566

Oh wait, stupid me! It's Snorty that's going to be setting up, stocking and running the shop right? Just forget everything I wrote.
Who the hell is going to be shopping in that God forsaken neck of the woods anyway?
Phi phi needs to buy a Play School cash register for when he sits in his moldy abode as the bees buzz around and the crickets chirp, waiting....just waiting....and waiting....for anybody to drive up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.