The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Indeed. It certainly destroyed me for a while. So when you see the red flags of the same type of behaviour playing out again it is plain to see.
This was what Marie wrote at a time when she thought she'd made a lifetime friend & had got a proper role in the chateau. Whether or not she is a likeable person or seems weak she was conned by Fanny & used as a cast member for her vlogs. Read this and see how she was embedded into the fabric of how the chateau ran at one time. Then death by a thousand small cuts, oh we need your studio, oh Nati is now doing bookings, emails blah blah..and so it goes.
It's so sad. Maybe I'll take my time and read the Maries blog.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I remember the shitolaine saying that she had only 2 bad experiences with work away volunteers and had to ask them to leave. I’m wondering what the problem was? 🤔 may be they just didn’t want to do the work that she asked them to do which is NOT renovating or restauration or ‘special favours’
She said one volunteer had a drinking problem and was asked to leave.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I wonder if Michael already has one of these

View attachment 1352028

Would match all the other Spode in his collection...
Thank you so much, what a lovely soßiere. I don’t think we, I mean baby has it yet. You surely can also put some sort of Creme soup in it, like creme ala fromage with some freshly made cretins on it, from crunchy French baggets.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I remember the shitolaine saying that she had only 2 bad experiences with work away volunteers and had to ask them to leave. I’m wondering what the problem was? 🤔 may be they just didn’t want to do the work that she asked them to do which is NOT renovating or restauration or ‘special favours’
If you use the search function here, you can read all about it. She had many more bad experiences, she just doesn’t like to admit they were mostly her own fault. The two she was referring to must have been the homofobic woman who abused her guardians and the other one a guy who came with a friend that Stephanie Jarvis fancied, so she had to get rid of the one to be able to “sleep” with the other.

She said one volunteer had a drinking problem and was asked to leave.
She wasn’t lying, he did have a drinking problem and used to pee on the kitchen floor. Yet, the reason for sending him away (or let his friend do that) was that he saw right through her intentions and called her out on it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Maybe they were asked to leave after they complained to Work Away and they banned Stephanie

Reactions: 13
Wasn’t it the other way around?

that the volunteer asked them to leave the chateau because of their drinking problems? :p

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'll save you some time.
Fast forward, this week's IG bio:

1655559577247.png

@mariewiik1
Currently trying to figure out what to do with my life. 🧡 31 & Scandinavian Florist turned Instagrammer @mariewiiksdiary
www.patreon.com/mariewiiksdiary?fan_landing=true

👇This Account is Private.

1655559643692.png

@mariewiiksdiary
  • 172 posts
  • 39 followers
  • 109 following
Marie Wiik | the full story
Behind the scenes of @mariewiik1
Diary video’s sharing my life with you all.
Access via Patreon subscription
www.patreon.com/mariewiiksdiary

👇This from her patreon account.

1655559643692.png

Marie Wiik’s Diary
are creating short videos on Instagram!

She has 113 patrons, paying her monthly but only 39 followers on IG???

Do not forget Kelsey.

1655559410658.png

1655559472649.png

1655559494614.png

1655559521468.png

@wherekelseyis
9 months ago
I was EXPLOITED! July 29, 2016: Tons of great reviews should mean it’s safe, right? WRONG! I was told I could paint and decorate before I arrived. On the way “yea, just tell us what you want to do”. But, no. I had to do the laundry for 17 turning BnB bedrooms and cleaning each room/en suite bathroom. Plus, all the breakfast/lunch dishes for 15-30 ppl. They kept promising me “oh after tomorrow” etc. You’re supposed to work 4-5 hrs/day with 2 days off/wk. But, I was always pushed to do more by her lieutenant mother. “The bedding on the line is dry” at 7pm, after working since 10am. I didn’t get any days off either. Yet, three British guy helpers could paint the barn from 9-12 and then go frolicking during afternoons, even using the host’s car. Despite the host’s daily trips to town, it took a week to get a card when my great uncle died. Looking back, idk how I even managed to stay the whole two weeks. Maybe it was the false promises of decorating/painting another day. Maybe it was the vivacious and entertaining host who threw costume dinner parties, karaoke nights, and once or twice took some of us on mini excursions to a winery and festival. I wanted to leave soon after I arrived, but I felt a responsibility to my word. I was naive. They had a helper come to cook for everyone, but she was nasty. It didn’t matter, they needed her because they were short staffed. I wish I had left early. That was when I learned to look out for myself. I’m embarrassed by the amount of hours they made me work. I was exploited. It’s humiliating. This host now has a massive following from being on a television show, and I’m sure, totally unaware of being exploitive because as she said “why complain if people are willing to come work for free”. They claim they don’t have the funds to run the chateau, but she also can travel to 5 star hotels, own plethoras of designer clothes and shoes, all while still owning a flat in London! #priorites #workaway #helpx #workexchange #cultureexchange #frenchchateau #chateaudiy #escapetothechateau #escapetothechateaudiy #travelstories #travelingsolo #liveandlearn #lifelessons #exploited #workawayadventure #chateaudelalande

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
I almost melted.
👏👏👏
Another good one Julie!
Meth Lab explosion! 😮
And on the mini excavator!
Surprised you weren’t wearing a dress (fugly yellow) and heels like Fanny!!!
You were being all “Fancy Nancy“ with the wine glass! 😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Speaking of Selmar.
The situation about Selmar drives me crazy. There is so much here that a story can be written.
Someone wrote here that she was attracted to Stephanie (to CD and ETTCDIY) by the story of a strange woman who gathers people and volunteers from all over the world in her chateau.
Well yes. And I was fascinated by that detail because I would be scared. You never know who these people are and what their intentions are. I really admire her there.
My main question (I’m not defending SJ) is how to explain to someone like Selmar or FRK that it’s time to leave?

Because, yes, LL is Stephanies house and everyone else is passing by.
In addition, all the volunteers who come, come with the assumption that they will be there for a while and that they have to move on. Selmar and FRK obviously had nowhere to go, they saw money, there is room for living, something is happening non-stop and they saw themselves there. They thought that in that space and crowd, they do not bother, and do not cost much, but contribute.
At one point, when you have guests who have stayed too long, you have to be "rude".
And that's what happened. In LL they were rude to them. Now the only question is: How rude?
And yes, I think we need to hear that story because SJ used them both for her own personal gain.

Maybe I'll start writing that story.
I'm old enough to remember when she started bullying Selmar on camera; I can't remember a similar narrative arc for Marie -- even though she had Pheeph get rid of Marie, as she did Nati/Selmar.
She let Matt the digger, who displayed a serious mean streak, and Dan, in an early airing of his mean streak, play cat's paw with Selmar in re the parking space for the camper. Clever, a permanent spot for the camper was exactly the pressure point to weasel on. In another subsequent video, similarly discussing trees Nick needed to cut down for the safety of the camper, Jarvis just stomped Selmar. It was awful.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
OMG

Its been a very cold winter don't you think so far?
Now they are talking about the power going off !!!
Still, with my knowledge of "How to Feel and Get Warm in a French Farm House in Winter" I am getting out the hot water bottles and lots or rugs to drape over me , hubby and our dog Yum Yum ! 😁
I am sure we have had winters as cold as this but I think as we get older we feel it more. I have a Golden Retriever who sleeps on the end of my bed and keeps my feet warm. If I didn't have him I would have to get an electric blanket. The power price here is pretty static but I think they want to increase it to cover the cost of sharing with the mainland! Oh and hot water bottles can be dangerous....take care.

Reactions: 10
It is indeed sad. Juxtapose those diary entries side by side with Fanny blowing smoke up Marie's ass about her abilities & talent. We Tattlers could sit in the cheap seats laughing at her creations but ultimately we weren't pretending to be Marie's great friend. A true friend is honest. That's never a word that resonates in Fanny's lexicon.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
tomorrow-eventually.gif

himym-ha-burn.gif

From Dan's latest flog...

Francophile
16 hours ago
I quote " I see you folks tomorrow" ha ha ha more like in 3-4-5-6-7-8-9 days. it's nice to see you working on your home and not at La La Land and the Queen of gimme gimme.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I almost melted.
@Jules100 i think this is your best one. Bravo. I think we can have a competition with your southern most chateau and the lie Lande chateau to see who gets the restoration oops I mean renovation work done first. Keep us posted on your progress. I bet there won’t be any high heels in sight.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
View attachment 1352313

View attachment 1352332

From Dan's latest flog...

Francophile
16 hours ago
I quote " I see you folks tomorrow" ha ha ha more like in 3-4-5-6-7-8-9 days. it's nice to see you working on your home and not at La La Land and the Queen of gimme gimme.
Yeah that is pretty annoying. I used to respect the fact that he would put something out everyday. Lower the expectations if you can’t keep your word. Not showing up when you say you will means you have actively disappointed someone. Pretty stupid to piss someone off, who you actually want to follow you, by not keeping your self determined schedule.

Reactions: 16
Hmmm, good question. I don’t remember and I’m not sure which video it was.
Edit: it might very well have been the carte du séjour. That’s the residency permit, right?
Yup. They come in varying forms depending on whether the Prefecture thinks you're worthy! All renewable under the brexit agreement. Permanent, certified, earning your own living are 10 years. Then I believe they are 5, 3 and 1 year. If fanny has French nationality why has she applied for a carte de séjour? I remember (vaguely) the vlog when she kept going on about collecting it. As a French citizen she doesn't need it. More smoke and mirrors.

Reactions: 12
Yup. They come in varying forms depending on whether the Prefecture thinks you're worthy! All renewable under the brexit agreement. Permanent, certified, earning your own living are 10 years. Then I believe they are 5, 3 and 1 year. If fanny has French nationality why has she applied for a carte de séjour? I remember (vaguely) the vlog when she kept going on about collecting it. As a French citizen she doesn't need it. More smoke and mirrors.
Yes I could never understand that one with her.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.