The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my goodness the Patreon video, thank you so much @ Lady Avonlea for sharing that! But oh why ,why ,why …Support squirrel 🐿 get it together ! he can’t even bother to iron his shirt he can’t even bother to brush his hair !not to mention the neck Scraggle oh it’s awful ….and he is such self-satisfied jerk! And SJ ICKKKK please wash your hair! They both look like they needed a hot bath a week ago. I saw at around 27:27 She needs to shave her neck even though she’s blonde, her menopausal neck hair is sprouting!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Yes I too love Bosham harbour.
Yes so do I. They live in Southbourne just along from Emsworth not Bournemouth. But you can cut down to the shore from there and walk right along but yes Bosham is my favourite. I def couldn’t afford to live there😢

Oh my goodness the Patreon video, thank you so much @ Lady Avonlea for sharing that! But oh why ,why ,why …Support squirrel 🐿 get it together ! he can’t even bother to iron his shirt he can’t even bother to brush his hair !not to mention the neck Scraggle oh it’s awful ….and he is such self-satisfied jerk! And SJ ICKKKK please wash your hair! They both look like they needed a hot bath a week ago. I saw at around 27:27 She needs to shave her neck even though she’s blonde, her menopausal neck hair is sprouting!
Menopausal neck hair😳. I need to go and find a magnifying mirror now.
phew I’m safe neck hair wise. Hers is really long isn’t it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Darling The Simple Life, I would hate to cause drama (hehe) but THE Grande Dame of Italian food cookery, herself, Anna Del Conte, insists upon the butter and milk for her ragu, straight from Bologna. I have blasphemed all my life with this recipe and I will not repent.

Ingredients
60g/2oz butter
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
60g/2oz unsmoked pancetta, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
400g/14oz lean chuck or braising beef, coarsely minced
2tbsp concentrated tomato paste
150ml/5fl oz red wine, such as a Sangiovese or a Barbera
2 pinches of grated nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground pepper
150ml/5fl oz meat stock
150ml/5fl oz full fat milk

You know I living for this ragu face-off! Wooden spoons drawn!

How does one go about joining, I have the transaction receipts and the postcard? I have a few words for our Stephanie Jarvis and co.
I must say I've never heard of her, as I live in Italy and she left Italy apparently in the 40ies. I'm not questioning that she may be THE Grand Dame of Italian food in UK, anyway there are so many different versions of ragù in Italy, the main two being from Bologna and from Napoli. I was referring to the ancient traditional recipe, especially the one my granny, from Napoli, prepared every Sunday and had learned from her mother, (she started the night before) so there may be other versions indeed. But the ancient philologically correct ones will not include milk or butter, which sound a more fancy and modern addition. By the way, the ragù alla blognese requires some dry white wine, while the napoletano one requires red wine. There are even so called white ragus, without tomato sauce. The versions are endless. But if you like this different version, who am I to say no? 🥰

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I must say I've never heard of her, as I live in Italy and she left Italy apparently in the 40ies. I'm not questioning that she may be THE Grand Dame of Italian food in UK, anyway there are so many different versions of ragù in Italy, the main two being from Bologna and from Napoli. I was referring to the ancient traditional recipe, especially the one my granny, from Napoli, prepared every Sunday and had learned from her mother, (she started the night before) so there may be other versions indeed. But the ancient philologically correct ones will not include milk or butter, which sound a more fancy and modern addition. By the way, the ragù alla blognese requires some dry white wine, while the napoletano one requires red wine. There are even so called white ragus, without tomato sauce. The versions are endless. But if you like this different version, who am I to say no? 🥰

Love it xoxo

Reactions: 11
Yes so do I. They live in Southbourne just along from Emsworth not Bournemouth. But you can cut down to the shore from there and walk right along but yes Bosham is my favourite. I def couldn’t afford to live there😢

Menopausal neck hair😳. I need to go and find a magnifying mirror now
The neck hair is different than the occasional chin hairs right? Asking for a friend. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Poor Matthias. Questions like this get you banned from Patreon! These are exactly the same kind of questions I asked, and then she reported me to Patreon for bullying and harassment. No questions allowed! It still amazes me that she bans people from giving her money just because she doesn’t like the questions.
Fanny is a dirty, puke.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Venetians or other Italians who know Venice well, would never go to that place, which, as some other said, is just for tourists who are really convinced they are served "traditional Venetian food". Even that pretentious place is smoke and mirrors. Take for example that awful "vitello tonnato", or as she said, "vettelo tonatto". It was hilarious as she said it was a traditional Venetian recipe. It is a traditional Piedmont recipe and it was very popular in the 80ies. You can find it everywhere, like cheap hotels and even hospitals, especially because, in its cheap version, it gives the opportunity of recycling meat leftovers. The horror though was the ignorant tourist's version was served to SmallpuppyFifi. It was a pond of what? liquid cream, where some meat was allegedly floating... bleah. The real and original recipe is thin slices of tender roasted veal covered (not floating) in a light brown sauce made with hardboiled eggs, capers, anchovy fillets, tuna fish and olive oil, blended together to a creamy consistency. And it's delicious.
But certainly not that liquid disgusting white cream.
Well, how could he eat all that cream if he's allergic to lactose???
This alone tells you how idiot they both are, while trying to convince the gangsta grannies they are connoisseurs gourmet. Not to mention the "spagheti bolonais", like they still call the spaghetti al ragù (a name nobody would ever use in Italy and it's only for American tourists).
Sorry if I mention this, but butter and milk in a ragù sauce is a blasphemy. You only use olive oil during the very long and complex preparation (the original sauce's recipe takes 4 hours or even more) and at the end you add a good sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.

Just a few words about the vase. It is so ugly and kitsch, despite the great craftmanship which must be acknowleged in everything is made in the Ardomore slave colony, because there is nothing authentic in it. Art is truth and there is no truth there. That is not African art, but a messy heap of fake symbols with no real tradition attached. It's a sort of medley of what colonialism THINKS would be African art. In fact she says the ideas are all hers. She has found this gold mine to dig into and sell to wealthy ignorant Western costumers who know nothing of art or the beauty of real African cultures.
If she were honest, she would let those artisans and artists free to create, not to transfer her ideas into potteries. And another thing I think I pointed out when SJ went to Ardmore. If those hideous things are sold at those unbelievable prices, are the artists paid a percentage - let's say 40 - 50% of it - or are they paid those shamesly low p/h wages which are less than one third of European and American standard? So her profit is monstrous and the poor people slaving for her are just exploited.
Look at the pure beauty of the real SA pottery someone posted here. Those vases, vessels and pots remind me of the Etruscan very precious black ceramics, with their elegant, essential lines and decorations.
Another proof that SJ is supporting racist activities, just like the awful Villotti thing.
Well, where are the accounts? Drowned in the lagoon?
By the way, a watertaxi ride is about €100 - 150. But Milady only travels in great style. With the oi polloi money. But that's just a detail.
I like the vase.

Yes, I'm aware you're all laughing, but I like the vase. In my defence, I have a deep appreciation of finely executed works of pottery. As I stated in a previous post, I teach ceramics part-time, sell my own work to collectors and have many decades of experience. As a ceramic artisan (with an arts degree in pottery), I can command quite high prices and could make a wonderful living from doing pottery should I choose to give up my day job. I admire the Ardmore glazing, which is truly superb, the craftsmanship of the piece itself and the talent and dedication of Ardmore Ceramic artisans. However, as I've also stated before, it's truly not worth €7000 or was it £'s? Half that and for a French chateau, it's out of place. The workers at Ardmore are not actually paid "slave wages" but three times and more the going rate for such work in South Africa. In the South African economic climate, that wage is something extraordinary. Being an Ardmore crafts-person must be a highly coveted position. However, we feel about the vase (and Fanny's ridiculous ownership of it), it is a beautifully executed piece.

Except for one thing...
The top of the vase is off kilter. Ever so slightly wonky, it means that the base clay structure has dried faster than the African animalistic and ornamental foliage additions and this wasn't noticed, or worried over, when it went into the kiln. In high end ceramics, Fanny's vase would be classed as a factory second.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
How many times did Philip say "favpurite" in the incredibly dull Patron video?

Thank God we were spared a glimpse of his nether regions encased in grubby linen.

He is such a know-nohing, precious, prissy prat.

Except for one thing...
The top of the vase is off kilter. Ever so slightly wonky, it means that the base clay structure has dried faster than the African animalistic and ornamental foliage additions and this wasn't noticed, or worried over, when it went into the kiln. In high end ceramics, Fanny's vase would be classed as a factory second.
Stephanie has form with factory seconds.

Three words:

Limoges. Slightly. Imperfect.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I am part of a group of current and former members to that are working to hold her accountable. She lied and mislead people and now she realizes that her back is against the wall when it comes to the early years of Patreon. The missing accounts if you will... We are not "a militia" at all and as I have said before. We don't want to "take her down" we just want to see admit what she did early on and what she likely continues to do.

Before we get slammed for still sending her money. This is a chess game and she has no idea who will be visiting her soon. You can't run if you are sitting face to face. You can't run from photographs, you can't run from Ian's wife shop, etc.
Not seeking to "take her down" but... can't you guys at least push her into her filthy moat as well while you're at it? 🙏

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Wowsers! So much neck hair!! Maybe Fanny wants to look like Snorts with his scraggely, mangey neck hair, and Phyllis wants to be like Fanny with long nails and rings and women's clothes!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
That was a curious bait and switch, you're right. Amaury FINALLY got around to demo the grand salon and repair the walls underneath.....and was called off to do this other BS. Why? Channel 4 didn't want to film the grand salon?
I think other problems were found that needed doing first. Like the rotten windows, but I'm sure there is more too.
I wouldn't be surprised if new panelling is bought for the salon, as the stuff they have is badly damaged. I think some of this 'bad panelling' maybe salvaged to be used in Fanny's bedroom?

Reactions: 12
Eyes on the prize.

Vitello tonnato is mayonnaise-based. We know he loves his Dutch mayo enough to place its plastic bottles on the carefully-curated tablescapes he creates. No silver salver for that. But his lies about allergies, as one of you geniuses noted long ago, are probably to get out of cooking duty. And to draw attention to his speshulness.
Ah interesting @billybudd. It looked like a béchamel type sauce to me on screen and I immediately thought 'ah ha gotcha'. He brings the worst out in me.
I've just looked up the recipe. Interesting. Might give it a whirl one day ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I thought it was Marcella Hazan.
She does both milk and butter and is considered very authentic.
I think maybe farther south people didn't have milk and butter and so cooked with it less?

Reactions: 6
Damb, where the hell are you guys from? 😂 I remember when we had three Channels. You had to get up to actually change them. No such thing as a remote. Then we got a 4th Channel which was WXIX (Fox) . Color TV was so big we raced home from school. They had to magnetized it a couple of days after they delivered it. I still cant tell you what that meant. I just remember it. I feel so old. Like when My mom use to tell me about her radio shows.
We only had 2 channels in NZ in 1978 - the additional 3rd channel was v. exciting. I think my family had the last black and white tv in the world- we only got a colour one because the Tisco man (TV repair) refused to fix it in the end. I remember being mind blown that Grover was blue and Oscar the Grouch was green.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.