The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Vase. Reminds me of a story......so Stanley comes home with a bouquet of flowers for lovely Stella. Stella says to her friend " now I have to lay on my back with my legs open all weekend". And her friend says. " what's a matter, don't you have a vase?"
One of my fave Sophie Tucker jokes!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
On another note. There is currently no work being done. The timeline has seriously been messed with, and there was no first of the month update or accounts presented in the last Patreon. Shall we take bets on what Patreon will be?

I’m betting Interview with PhiPhi. 🤮
I hate to keep harping on this, but it keeps harping on me.
I do believe Amaury's watering the Jardin Anglais is the evidence of that. Indeed the whole establishment of the garden in the summer of unprecedented drought and heat in France is evidence of that.
And where is he getting the water? Is the irrigation system in the potager working or did that also fail -- along with the resto of the terrace wall by the ancient masonry people? (SJ said that was a failure, she wasn't going to make the guys famous on YT by going into it, the architect was going to supervise their redoing it, which the arch negotiated. When and where is this going to happen, the one bonafide restoration, aside from the chapel, Jarvis has undertaken?)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I hate to keep harping on this, but it keeps harping on me.
I do believe Amaury's watering the Jardin Anglais is the evidence of that. Indeed the whole establishment of the garden in the summer of unprecedented drought and heat in France is evidence of that.
And where is he getting the water? Is the irrigation system in the potager working or did that also fail -- along with the resto of the terrace wall by the ancient masonry people? (SJ said that was a failure, she wasn't going to make the guys famous on YT by going into it, the architect was going to supervise their redoing it, which the arch negotiated. When and where is this going to happen, the one bonafide restoration, aside from the chapel, Jarvis has undertaken?)
Amaury fills the water bowser up from the moat, as seen is several recent vlogs. Dan showed the watering system in the potager in action briefly in his latest vlog yesterday.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The Ardmore vase brings the story of the emperor's New clothes to mind

Currently melting at a Dordogne pool side. The pool terrace surface is sole of the feet burning. Beautiful campsite with shady spot for our van. Off for a cold drink.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Apologies if this has been said already. When Dan says he has the Man Flu he doesn't mean he has actual flu. Man flu is a joke term for when a man has the common cold. It's a playful dig at the sort of men who are big babies and exaggerate their symptoms when they are ill. Dan is joking about flu but he could very possibly have had covid.
Possibly, Annalise was ill for a few days and apparently the boys both had chicken pox last week too

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I nominate for a thread title. Sorry couldn't find the emoji for thread
Respectfully, I strongly object to the use of the word "woke" and also the idea that CD fans are poor old women.
"Woke" is a word of Afro American origin which has been coopted by right wing politics for use as political rhetoric to dog whistle racism, among other things.
In re grannies, it's more likely they are part of the world wide movement toward authoritarian aesthetics and rhetoric. That they have plenty of money. And are voting for demented ancien regimes like Jarvis' with their wallets.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Let me state that I am not a clinical psychologist and in no way capable of diagnosing anyone who is on the spectrum but I do have experience of those who are and I do not think Fanny fits into this category. Yes she has many issues that have been discussed very eloquently in previous threads but imo being on the spectrum is not one of them. But as it is so large there may be traits that she exhibits that are atypical.
I do agree that there are people who sadly get bullied and gossiped about because they are on the spectrum but I don’t think this is the case for Fanny, it is other personality traits that are causing her problems and dictating her lifestyle.
After seeing her act like a 4 year old (like Phyllis) with that stuffy hedgehog, I wondered if she has imposter syndrome, well that didn't fit. After googling it, I discovered Echopraxia.. talk on here about being on the spectrum would fall under this. I notice she's now behaving like Phyllis, when Potts is there she mirrors his actions... I think about her Mum sending her to a private schools Grad dance and told to be like them and mingle. When Petherick is there they are both flamboyant, she becomes his double... In the beginning, when she introduced herself, she was a completely different person. (Not diagnosing, just observations.) Oh, and constantly telling her aunt she wants to be like her, everything she does is based on what she remembered as a child at the aunts house etc... I'm not convinced she's one person... she's everyone she ever met.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Forgive me if I am wrong, but I've always assumed you have to join Tattle to lurk, not lurk then join???? 36 minutes to lurk isn't that long, why, we've got Tattlers on here that lurked for months, me included :unsure:
Well I lurked for months- and finally joined- still messed up my screen name- shouldn’t have included “lurker“ on it as now I’m here. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Never could think of a good name- maybe “Suthern Looker” would’ve worked (many moons ago) but I’m too old for that!!! 🤣🤣🤣
***Tom Petty was right- “having good looks has its limits”! I should’ve been “PettyGurl” as I find so much wisdom in his lyrics! *swoon*

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
whatever one posts here will be reviewed by many people who don’t know you - already I’ve had a few trying to guess my motives…it’s the nature of tattle….gossip is never fruitful, nor does it make true friends of people. The truth, that’s a different thing entirely.
Mmmm. You might wish to look into the sociology of gossip. It exists to corroborate morality. One reason true gossip must be based on facts. One reason there was so much xenophobia here originally is identity is one of the values it's meant to corroborate. Ruh roh.

Reactions: 7
I lurked from the beginning! when a lot of people joined and started posting attachments and I couldn't view them I decided to create an account so I could happily lurk! Sometimes I wish I was still a lurker, tattle does take up time, time which I would usually use to read a good book, expand my knowledge on (war) history, architecture, life of historical figures, psychological problems/illnesses, serial killers, earth, universe, theology. I believe my brain has lost a few points since I started watching SJ.
For real!!!
I don’t watch soaps-
so this is my guilty pleasure indulgence!
Better than a soap opera! 😬
Can’t make this s-s-stuff up!!!
🤣🤣🤣
But it has cut into my reading time!
I did prefer reading mysteries and psychological thrillers. This has some of all of that too!!! 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 15
View attachment 1345172

3 Comments and 3 replies, from Michael Petherick's latest flog...

Karen Petrie
1 year ago
Ohhhhh yessssss!!! 👏❤❤❤ I could listen all day. 🙏🥰❤

Addison Mullen
47 minutes ago
Did you time travel to comment...1y ago...?

Neiborhood Getz
1 year ago
Wonderful... Beautiful, Michael..

Addison Mullen
46 minutes ago

Angela Tatum
1 year ago
Beautiful. ♥

Addison Mullen
48 minutes ago
Pardon my French, but what in the hell is going on???!!! Michael literally just released a video that was made entirely of footage he filmed back in August 2020…over a year ago! Almost two years ago! What is he doing? A month ago, he announced a “new era” with the camera purchase….but he posts a video of unreleased footage that’s almost two years old? I posted a screenshot of the video he released in August 2020 (“Epic Lake District Adventure”) and a screenshot of the video he released today…his clothes are identical. Michael…why buy a brand new camera but not use it? Why are you regurgitating old news? Too busy playing with Florian in London to make new content? He could have at least explained it was old footage. Instead, it’s like he’s trying to pass it off as something new…like he just visited Beatrix Potters cottage. Unbelievable.

Screenshot from August, 2020

98FD390A-91D5-42F6-B059-2BCAF9228805.jpeg

Screenshot from vlog released today

D1D758AE-B847-48AB-A76B-F036834C81C5.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Please. Some of us are veterans of the days when every other comment here by Britannia Uber Alles was how the "gangster grannies" were all dumb Americans.
Dumb, certainly. Long term memory? You bet.
I don’t know how to read this from you lol. I listen to History of the English podcast and have many different types of dictionaries (some focusing specifically on etymology). I keep a book of words that interest me and I’ll look up their etymology or word origin. Not an expert but one of my interests. Truly have not come across the US programs vs British programmes before. I may have the interests of an 80 yr old (minus place setting and collecting dinnerware) but I’m a young 30 lol.

Reactions: 8
May 15, 2020, Stephanie Jarvis was saying the quiet parts out loud, APARTMENTS. This is after she established a Patreon account.
It is worth re-watching. @17:45 Stephanie Jarvis shows new radiators waiting to be installed and sooooo much more.
However, the most interesting part of my post is who was commenting. Tatty had many ideas. Don't forget she is Gerry's neighbor.
So, Stephanie Jarvis how long have you, your mother and Gerry known Tatyana???

Tatyana Valda Belinda Hill
2 years ago
Don't apologise! These real-life tours are wonderful. A lot of us want our own châteaus. So, we understand. (Also, it's kind of like dreaming along with you to see what needs to be done.) If you saw the state the unfinished parts of my old house is in (not a château), you would feel better about a bit of mess in that wondrous place. xx

2 years ago
... It will be lovely if that section can be made for Gerald!!. And I can Imagine the section where the joists were out to be made into a small apartment for certain special, longer-term volunteers. Ohhhh, {ahem} I don't know who that might be {Cough=Cough=Selmar}... Also, I'd love if Norweigan Marie and Michael Potts could come back! And of course for Antoine, French Marie and TEN to stay on... Those are all my requests for the moment. <3

2 years ago (edited)
OH! and I almost forgot: Don't let you little mum leave. (Percy will just have to come back from South Africa.) She makes the vlogs extra good! And - coming from another dreamer - you need her to keep you grounded. (Don't show her this. LOL.) That's all for now <3 <3

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I've just seen this weather map with high temperature warnings across la belle France..
Don't fry.
It's been 40°+C all week here, but at least we're all equipped with AC, patio misters, and pools.
I hope the folks in France can find some respite. Back in the day, during heat waves when I had no AC I would keep spare bed sheets in the fridge and spend as much time in larger grocery stores and shops to take advantage of their AC.

Pardon my French, but what in the hell is going on???!!! Michael literally just released a video that was made entirely of footage he filmed back in August 2020…over a year ago! Almost two years ago! What is he doing? A month ago, he announced a “new era” with the camera purchase….but he posts a video of unreleased footage that’s almost two years old? I posted a screenshot of the video he released in August 2020 (“Epic Lake District Adventure”) and a screenshot of the video he released today…his clothes are identical. Michael…why buy a brand new camera but not use it? Why are you regurgitating old news? Too busy playing with Florian in London to make new content? He could have at least explained it was old footage. Instead, it’s like he’s trying to pass it off as something new…like he just visited Beatrix Potters cottage. Unbelievable.

Screenshot from August, 2020

View attachment 1345247

Screenshot from vlog released today

View attachment 1345248
Has he fallen out with his new main squeeze s can't use the London footage?

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.