The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish! My renovations are being paid for by a home equity line of credit (heloc). No chateau delusions here. My husband was a residential contractor for many years and in his current position has a wonderful working relationship with the trades. Also, he has a close relative that owns a roofing company. We will do some of the work ourselves too. Hopefully everything will come together & stay on budget.

Sorry, I was wearing flip flops.
View attachment 1353029
Flip flops are my go to. Pruning the Rose's- wear flip flops. Watering my potager - wear flip flops. Climbing cliff faces to reach a holy grotto - wear flip flops. Catching snakes that have slithered into the house - wear flip flops. Chasing Mediterranean scorpions- wear flip flops. Walking the sheep - yeah, you've got it. You get my drift... however, going to the beach - GO BAREFOOT 😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I love winter and snow. I don't like summer. Thanks for the photo.
i like summer ..we also had 33 C today..this week we go to France...much hotter there..i dont mind..a swimmingpool, trees and no work or meetings will get me through the summer..just cocktails , our beloved restorants..meeting friends.. a good book and a dip in the pool from time to time..and Tattle of course ;) i cant wait..

• Heart
Reactions: 35
i like summer ..we also had 33 C today..this week we go to France...much hotter there..i dont mind..a swimmingpool, trees and no work or meetings will get me through the summer..just cocktails , our beloved restorants..meeting friends.. a good book and a dip in the pool from time to time..and Tattle of course ;) i cant wait..
Take some pictures. You can wear swimshorts if you want in the pool. No stress.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
View attachment 1353330
View attachment 1353318

View attachment 1353275
@danascookbook
15 hours ago
Admiring @marie_alexandrine_yvernault creations, that my beautiful @stephanieejarvis is wearing, as I, on the occasion of my doll’s @countessawess 40th bday party. Stones on silver gold rings and necklaces #mariealexandrineyvernault #galerie54 #stones #design #venice #friends #party @mariealexandrineyvernault #style
PALAZZO LOREDAN DELL'AMBASCIATORE
the vulgarity of it all..and the prentence....i always remember what my mother used to say...she wasnt fond of juwelry at all..she almost never wore the familypieces..she always said..when i go to a function and i wear my fake pearls..they all think they are real...but when my good friend..who was a farmerswife btw..wears her real pearls..they all say...look what she is wearing....they must be fake.....

Fanny....less is more...the bigger the stone..the faker it looks... 🙄 but again ...all is fake about that woman...so it maybe suitable..

• Heart
Reactions: 28
A friend's brother has a one room studio apartment in Venice. It has a small kitchen area, bathroom, small dining table, seating area with 2 sofa beds, and a small corner terrace over looking a canal. The studio is quite big and comfortably sleeps 4. In the Castello area, it is inside an old hotel ex-palace complex with a gym, pool, sauna, garden and cafe. Looks lovely in the photos; all original features, beautifully restored. The complex has its own boats, but you have to book them, or walk. But who could resist walking round exploring Venice?! Originally a time share, which no-one but him ever bothered to use, he was able to buy the other time-sharers out for a pittance. It cost him €28.000. He pays a yearly fee for maintenance. No idea what that is though. He has year round access and goes to Venice perhaps 4 or 5 times a year. The rest of the time, he let's friends use it, or let's it out to visitors like an Air B&B. Just think, €28.000 is 4 Ardmore vases!
Oh gosh!!! Only €28.000??? Unheard of for Venice standards, perhaps because of the time share. He was lucky indeed. Castello is a lovely district, not so well known by tourists, therefore rich in a more authentic traditional Venetiaon athmosphere.

Reactions: 11
Once again.... Cretin is an offensive and outdated term, as is "mongol" and "*******." I appreciate that the OP used it in error instead of "crouton".

View attachment 1353304
Calling someone un imbécile or idiot or crétin are all offensive. To a French speaker, the word crétin has no extra-offensive overtone as you are trying to suggest...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Calling someone un imbécile or idiot or crétin are all offensive. To a French speaker, the word crétin has no extra-offensive overtone as you are trying to suggest...
Is it considered acceptable for a French speaker to refer to a person with Down's Syndrome as a "mongol"?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I have made this cake.
Happy Juneteenth, from the fish shack, I'm exhausted. It's 85 F here and I won't be turning on the oven again until October.
Lots of nice cold fruit with Tajín.
A biiiiig black bean and corn salsa salad. With avocado and chipotle honey lime dressing. And blue corn chips. Hopefully will get us through August. 🥵
YUM!! Thanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I wish! My renovations are being paid for by a home equity line of credit (heloc). No chateau delusions here. My husband was a residential contractor for many years and in his current position has a wonderful working relationship with the trades. Also, he has a close relative that owns a roofing company. We will do some of the work ourselves too. Hopefully everything will come together & stay on budget.

Sorry, I was wearing flip flops.
View attachment 1353029
C'mon Jules only a few to go!! Watching and cheering.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
An Italian here. No butter or milk, there are 1000 recipes here, none of them containing milk. Ragu is not gourmet food, you've heard about cucina povera? it just takes long to cook and fyi it's also the meat sauce for lasagna. A very basic recipe indeed all Italians learn from home. An honest simple recipe here:
Bolognese Sauce (Ragu) Recipe ● MARCO BITES! - YouTube
Woww, are you Italian too? How nice. Anyway, thanks for this. It seems lately some fellow Tattlers thought I needed to be lectured in Italian cooking😜:giggle: Well, that's fine with me, I believe in free speech.
You are right, the ragù is not gourmet food, although in the Neapolitan version (or school if you like) it's not very poor, as the amount and variety of meats (never minced, but in big chunks) make it expensive. That's why it was the traditional Sunday or special occasions food.
Butter and milk? Certainly not.
Surprisingly I have discovered that Stanley Tucci has written an Italian cookery book and here is his recipe for a traditional Neapolitan ragù. I must say this is the simplified version, as in the old traditional one you need to add veal, (Italian) sausages and thick pieces of bacon and let the sauce simmer for 8 hours. But it gives you a good idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Flip flops are my go to. Pruning the Rose's- wear flip flops. Watering my potager - wear flip flops. Climbing cliff faces to reach a holy grotto - wear flip flops. Catching snakes that have slithered into the house - wear flip flops. Chasing Mediterranean scorpions- wear flip flops. Walking the sheep - yeah, you've got it. You get my drift... however, going to the beach - GO BAREFOOT 😘
In Florida we wear flip flops all year, we even have fancy flip flops!! Here in SW Florida it was 98f the pool was like a bath tub. I’m amazed that most of Europe survives with out air conditioning.

I don’t own a yellow dress.
Should have worn a yellow dress too ! :love:
Women's Elegant Loose Solid Color Dresses Fashion Crewneck Puff Sleeve Casual Short Sleeves Dress Summer Beach Vestido
https://www.walmart.com/ip/312226279

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I highly recommend Stanley Tucci’s “Searching for Italy” show that is on CNN. It’s on season 2 now. Just don’t watch it if you’re hungry. The food he tries looks delicious (most of it). I love him in anything, though. Big Night is one of my family’s favorite movies ever.

It is way too hot all across the US now for any footwear other than flip flops. It’s been 100 degrees in the Midwest for a week and the 10 day forecast shows just more of the same. That cake sounded delicious, and I had told my husband I’d bake a cake this weekend. Then I saw that turning on the oven was a bad idea. So maybe we will just get some ice cream tonight

For some reason in the Midwest we call the diggers “back hoes”. Since I’ve never had to think about how to spell that word I don’t have a clue if that spelling is correct, or why in the world we call them that. I’ve heard excavator when guys try and sound fancy, or want to charge more for something. But it’s usually a back hoe. I kind of like calling it a digger since that at least makes sense.

Asking a totally lame question but I truly haven’t figured it out myself…how do you guys save the link on tattle to open up to the CD thread? I’ve just been leaving my browser open which I don’t think my phone likes very much since this is the only site that freaks my phone out with pop up ads. But I find it difficult to find the current thread if I have to go back into tattle from the beginning. Is there a category I need to click on? I truly have looked around as much as I can. I always use my phone so I’m not on my laptop. No biggie if there isn’t an easy way to go straight to the current thread…it just takes me a bit of searching to find it sometimes.

Reactions: 9
In Florida we wear flip flops all year, we even have fancy flip flops!! Here in SW Florida it was 98f the pool was like a bath tub. I’m amazed that most of Europe survives with out air conditioning.

Women's Elegant Loose Solid Color Dresses Fashion Crewneck Puff Sleeve Casual Short Sleeves Dress Summer Beach Vestido
https://www.walmart.com/ip/312226279
Fancy flip flops…I’m dying. Lol…I totally know what you mean! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.