Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

billybudd

VIP Member
I think most, if not all, of the other Chateauverse owners put that bunch of clowns to shame with what they all manage to achieve.
Just looking at the Rosieres' CDIY ep on the award they received for sensitive historic resto.

It's a national award.
Amy describes how discreetly the locals scoped them and their resto out -- the national award came as a complete surprise.
It's not clear to me what the criteria are or even what the award is -- among the things she and Marc are doing is restoring the chateau as a local economic power, through the future establishment of vineyards. Marc is French, unlike most kleptocratic chateau developers.
Just saying. There is another model for chateau restoration and the people of France, on a local and on a national level, are quick to perceive, appreciate, and reward it.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
  • Snorty says, ‘I’m a happy man’. I say, that’s debatable son!
  • When I’m a 47 year old, I want a companion who has had some life experience, and who is cultured and knowledgeable and you can carry on an interesting, in depth conversation with – not a juvenile companion who: .
    • Can’t remember the name of his favourite Venetian restaurant
    • Doesn't know the name of his favourite wine
    • Eats the same spaghetti meal every time (that's what little boy's do)
    • Races the luggage trolley in the airport like a 10 year child with ADHD and ants in his pants
    • Is a kept playmate who isn’t in a position to pay for his own meal, let alone my meal
  • What the heck was Fanny doing with that napkin and her bosom?
  • "We should be making each part of the world we are part of beautiful for future generations"!!! WTF is Fanny smoking, because that sure isn't her mantra when it comes to Lie Lande???
  • There may be fruit on her father’s walnut trees, but it's not the first time Fanny’s had fruit(s) while at Lie Lande.
  • They need a smaller lake – so it’s a pond!!!
  • £42.00 for an ugly, yellow loo brush???? I wonder what antiques and jewelry they actually purchased this trip and have squirreled away???

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Nick the tree surgeon is the only one getting anything done. I quite liked his outfit today. The Jack Daniels T-shirt cut into a wife beater with the distressed pants, boots and leather belt is a look I would rock. I’m not kidding.
I've read on Frank's instagram recently that Nick the tree surgeon saved their cat, who got stuck in a tree. That, in my book, makes him a hero no matter how he looks...

Mmm, I suspect they were there for some time palazzos window-shopping.
No, she actually was there for only two days. And instead of immersing themselves in beautiful art and architecture, they went tat-shopping. Waste is their middle name, as we all know by now. Everything the do is waste and everything worthy is wasted on them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

lolander

VIP Member
Respectfully, I strongly object to the use of the word "woke" and also the idea that CD fans are poor old women.
"Woke" is a word of Afro American origin which has been coopted by right wing politics for use as political rhetoric to dog whistle racism, among other things.
In re grannies, it's more likely they are part of the world wide movement toward authoritarian aesthetics and rhetoric. That they have plenty of money. And are voting for demented ancien regimes like Jarvis' with their wallets.
I've always thought the high tier patrons are very ordinary middle class women and gay men needing a boost in their social contacts. They are buying a parasocial fake friendship. It's transactional to give Fanny money so you can call her a 'friend' and expect her to answer their every email, their gifts to be opened in due time, reserve a room for them when they want to come (in case of Jason Dubey even when nobody's home, but as a high tier patron he feels entitled to come anyway). These entitled Hyacinth Bucket's of North America who by accident and terrible injustice of life live amongst common people, have only common friends and live in common houses with their common families. They were born to a different life!

I can imagine the boasting how they're just got an email or are going to visit a dear friend, Lady Stephanie, and stay in her chateau :sneaky: (and understand how much she loaths them, basically giving them a finger in every possible turn.)

Some of them are clear narcs themselves asserting power over Fanny, we pay you jump -mentality, how many times we've read:
"I'm a high tier patron, why Nati isn't answering my emails?"
"I'm a high tier patron, I'm going to sort this out and call Stephanie."
"I'm a high tier patron, I demand an explanation."
"Did you see me?"
These people don't want to lose their faces, they suck it up when Fanny doesn't obey them.

But most of them are just people who in the back of their minds know they bring nothing to the table and would never get acquainted with people like her without a monthly donation. This is their only change to mingle with 'the upper echelon' people, which is a scam, real upper echelon people don't operate this way, but it's as close as they can get so they'll take it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

Iolair

VIP Member
There's a YTuber called ZOT, he covered the Freedom rallies in Ottawa this winter... anyways, he is in Europe, and visited Northern Ireland... it looked so bleak, I couldn't believe it looked like that.
Belfast is bleak, Londonderry is worse. However, away from the cities, the countryside is stunning. If you've ever seen Game of Thrones, most of "the North", much of the Dothraki homelands and North of the Wall were filmed in NI, so you can see by that how beautiful it is... when it actually stops raining.

50795371168_ed532ecebd_b.jpg
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg
FB_IMG_1622536279234.jpg
FB_IMG_1622536103743.jpg
image-asset~3.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Can’t remember the name of his favourite Venetian restaurant
That whole "our favorite Venetian restaurant" thing and trying to pretend that they know their way around was a big 'f**k you' to the one who introduced them to it in the first place, the same person that did not want Stephanie Jarvis and her habit of loudness in her bedroom ever to stay in the same building again: Tess' mother. They have no shame, really, as this mother is the one paying for the party they were invited to in the first place.

• Heart
  • Wow

Jules100

VIP Member
…6. Tess looks miserable, she is a perfect example of how you can have looks and still not be attractive. Personality rules. And no, it does not help that she dresses like a tart, it screams look at me, and then her sour face says don't look at me! She will never be happy, she just want people to blame. I shall not visit Venice just right now...bet they are loud and embarrasing 🍸 :sneaky:
I think Tess likes to dress like she’s in Moulin Rouge or working in an old timey fancy bordello. She carries around that spooky doll because it’s the vessel that contains what’s left of her soul.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

OhIDontKnow...

VIP Member
Well I’ve been digesting the last few videos, I watched the grab but on super high speed and fast-forwarded a bunch. Given markers like Grants arrival and departure, Aunt and Uncles arrival and surely departure, the age of the plants in the garden, Nutti’s trip to Rome, Michael Potts presence in several videos, and DTMs ghosting, I think we’re seeing a two to three week time line wiggle. I think JasonCanYouSeeMe helped with the distortion correction. They’ve done a pretty good job of controlling the social so as not to out themselves. I wonder if there was a direct order to not reveal a trip to Venice?

As for Fanny, she might have spent a couple hours in that hallway, but I’m having a hard time remembering her accomplishing anything for at least a month. Same for Anne Marie. They were supposedly done for tv, but I guess not really done? He’s had a full year to get that paneling in the Grand Salon going. There won’t be anything for Fanny to do while he’s accomplishing that. Carole from Chateau de la Ferte is hand-building missing moldings, scraping, sanding, painting, and gilding her salon while her husband tears out the floors, replaces beams and restores the parquet flooring. They also grow a garden, mow their own grass, and clean Ivy off walls at the same time they are doing the inside.

So I’m wondering, where the hell are all of them and what have they been doing?

• Heart

Iolair

VIP Member
Bonjour fellow historic chateau appreciators,
First post here (have lurked for some time now) and thank you to people here for amusing me no end! and I'll add some of you have opened eyes to the reality of the CdlL situation. I'm just an Aussie living in the UK, no connection to any of the CdlL-ers, just a lover of history, design and beauty. Grant (whom I also don't know in person) is totally representative of the good natured, helpful, altruistic Aussie battler - and he's one of my favourite on her channel. I can see why he travels to help out, and that he does so to enrich himself by working away in France - so her use of him in that way seems ok to me, unlike some of the others who seem to have no life of their own and are a little lost, which over time it appears they hang-off her personality, which is a little erksome to watch, but then again sometimes people with issues need a place to regiment them and take them out of real-life... maybe that is what we see on S's channel - a place for the aimless to wander and be told what to do??maybe

I started watching in the early days from the ETTCh, which led me to S's insta ( that singles event she held made me truly feel for this unusual/eccentric woman)...back when she filmed phone/portrait style. I especially enjoyed her informative textile and historic logs , she gave a lot in those and I found them great. But... as so many others like me... after a while I started wondering how strange were her relationships and setup with cobuyers, freeworkers and frollicks.

One day (when Mason's strangeness jammed my cognition) I started googling to try finding out who her boyfriends were, which is what found me this site, and I've periodically returned to read all your opinions since then...getting more and more bemused by some of the antics, especially when she took up with the young one. In all honesty I enjoy the joy she spreads, but she seems to cross boundaries often, and when she started the grab-channel gift openings I really started to dislike what I saw in her. As someone who is surrounded by many peo ple on the spectrum I honestly think she has a number of things and isn't she also diabetic/autoimmune issues? For that reason I can't be too harsh on her, save for how she is taking peoples money and possibly(unproven) mis-accounting for it. It certainly explains how she has lived with mess, can't tidy, is constantly in attention deficit, and cannot coordinate things - why I think she relies so heavily on Nuttela, Niq and Potoi especially... that and a mother who holds her to high standard to which she seems constantly fail.

So there it is, be kind to her for the things she can't help, hold her accountable for the mis-accounting, but just also bear in mind, everything you do comes back to you. And in all that stay joyful X
Regarding Grant Hill -

For those who don't know, in Australian colloquialisms an "Aussie battler" in an underdog. The battler is an ordinary working class person who works extremely hard for very little return; one who struggles on through continuing hardships, despite setbacks and with little or no indication of success, and one who perseveres despite adversity.

This in no way describes Grant Hill. Aussie "battlers" do not own multi-million dollar farming properties outside Bathurst in NSW. Aussie battlers do not have million dollar homes with in-ground pools, nor do they brag about having travelled to 22 countries in the world, and they certainly don't vacation in Thailand, the UK, the USA, Spain or France. Aussie battlers are not altruistic because, most often, they could never afford to be. They don't buy, renovate and sell for profit 7 to 10 homes per year to help fund their lifestyle and under no circumstances does the Aussie battler own their own vacation home in France.

Unlike Grant.

• Heart
  • Haha

OneMoonbeam

Chatty Member
Nah not a better person, but just a little concerned for people on the spectrum - enough to raise it as a question on this forum.
I've seen such ones so badly treated for what are essentially invisible disabilities. It's a very sad indictment on our society that so many people get bullied and 'gossiped about' who are on the spectrum, and in some cases that ill-treatment can build into difficult events, even run-ins with the law. In the accounting example if S is unable to coordinate (neurologically) as I suspect, and fails to get help to do so (also part of the issue with spectrum) then one can easily see how it could coast dangerously close to mismanagement of funds, sexual misconduct..etc. Neither of us are excusing bad behaviour at all, nor should we, which is why I think some of these posts here are very fair.
We are not going "Woke" whilst grannies are going broke just to feed Fanny's addiction to worthless junk.

• Heart
  • Haha

JackSpratt

VIP Member
Hate to burst her 'i'm so far up my own arse' bubble but those Torelli biscuits you can buy in LIDLs when they have their Italian week.

• Haha
  • Heart

Trengilly

VIP Member
I agree.
He is always either inappropriately dressed or, totally scruffy. AND, that stringy/straggly/very much in need of attention hair is absolutely awful - needs a good chop.

Personally, I think @Jules100 is a total bitch for not leaking her humidity control haircare routine for Phyllis's sake. Someone needs to do an intervention. Annalise must be rotten to the core to let him wander around like that with frizzy hair and boot polish pressed into the scalp.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
Judging by her skin and dirty yellow hair in the red dress photo she is already run ragged. I just can't imagine taking PhiPhi and introducing him to others at Tess's birthday party as my boyfriend. And it is not the age difference that is a problem for me (been there, done that), it is his unsophistication, his immaturity as a 25, his neediness, which I have the problem with. It is also his lack of financial stability and lack of employment. What the hell subject could he converse about at a party - hedgehogs, cutlery, second hand shops, china? Anyone with half a brain would turn away from him at that party.
Tess Hoffman has a toy doll she carries around.
Snorty is Fanny's version of a toy doll, but he's more irritating because you have to feed & listen to him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Venice i& the Lake (or Canals and Frogs)
Yeah nice try Fanny. We did some big old clearing out. It was soooo tiring that we needed to have a holiday. Flim flaming the patrons that they only went for a tiny ickle trip. Nothing to do with Tess' birthday, nah, big old co-incidence that. Oh & look at us, despite quaffing wine & fancy meals - we're still really, really interested at what the peasants serfs people are up to back on the farm. Meanwhile back to Venice & shops & water taxis & the hyperactive toddler racing Mummy on the travelator, icky dry as a bone hair flying in the wind. Bless him.
Lake update..more delays - but yet again Tattlers prod a stick in Fanny's cage & she jumps. I'm think next what we need an update on..🤔🤔
oh yeah..WHERE ARE THE ACCOUNTS Fanny???

• Heart

Isabelle6541

Natty the Pregnant Bully, is that you?

Isabelle, could we just clarify, are you part of the dissenting patreon militia who are attempting to call out The Grand High Witch herself, Stephanie Jarvis?
I am part of a group of current and former members to that are working to hold her accountable. She lied and mislead people and now she realizes that her back is against the wall when it comes to the early years of Patreon. The missing accounts if you will... We are not "a militia" at all and as I have said before. We don't want to "take her down" we just want to see admit what she did early on and what she likely continues to do.

Before we get slammed for still sending her money. This is a chess game and she has no idea who will be visiting her soon. You can't run if you are sitting face to face. You can't run from photographs, you can't run from Ian's wife shop, etc.

• Heart