The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know how to read this from you lol. I listen to History of the English podcast and have many different types of dictionaries (some focusing specifically on etymology). I keep a book of words that interest me and I’ll look up their etymology or word origin. Not an expert but one of my interests. Truly have not come across the US programs vs British programmes before. I may have the interests of an 80 yr old (minus place setting and collecting dinnerware) but I’m a young 30 lol.
Shooting my mouth off, I apologize. The hobby horse I'm riding is the reaming the Brit OGs give/gave newbies back in the day, and I seem to have done the same thing.
There's a lot of that going around today.
One reason never to turn on Unignore.
Dearest Harp, it's a jungle out here and today I was one of the most flea-ridden denizens.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
May 15, 2020, Stephanie Jarvis was saying the quiet parts out loud, APARTMENTS. This is after she established a Patreon account.
It is worth re-watching. @17:45 Stephanie Jarvis shows new radiators waiting to be installed and sooooo much more.
However, the most interesting part of my post is who was commenting. Tatty had many ideas. Don't forget she is Gerry's neighbor.
So, Stephanie Jarvis how long have you, your mother and Gerry known Tatyana???

Tatyana Valda Belinda Hill
2 years ago
Don't apologise! These real-life tours are wonderful. A lot of us want our own châteaus. So, we understand. (Also, it's kind of like dreaming along with you to see what needs to be done.) If you saw the state the unfinished parts of my old house is in (not a château), you would feel better about a bit of mess in that wondrous place. xx

2 years ago
... It will be lovely if that section can be made for Gerald!!. And I can Imagine the section where the joists were out to be made into a small apartment for certain special, longer-term volunteers. Ohhhh, {ahem} I don't know who that might be {Cough=Cough=Selmar}... Also, I'd love if Norweigan Marie and Michael Potts could come back! And of course for Antoine, French Marie and TEN to stay on... Those are all my requests for the moment. <3

2 years ago (edited)
OH! and I almost forgot: Don't let you little mum leave. (Percy will just have to come back from South Africa.) She makes the vlogs extra good! And - coming from another dreamer - you need her to keep you grounded. (Don't show her this. LOL.) That's all for now <3 <3
Wow, love bombing at it's finest... Never seen Tatyana so chatty in real life. I've never trusted her.. I have good instinct clearly.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Logic tells me that Michael's lastest was a Patreon exclusive, but can any of his (former) Patreon members confirm it?

• Wow
Reactions: 14
View attachment 1345172

3 Comments and 3 replies, from Michael Petherick's latest flog...

Karen Petrie
1 year ago
Ohhhhh yessssss!!! 👏❤❤❤ I could listen all day. 🙏🥰❤

Addison Mullen
47 minutes ago
Did you time travel to comment...1y ago...?

Neiborhood Getz
1 year ago
Wonderful... Beautiful, Michael..

Addison Mullen
46 minutes ago

Angela Tatum
1 year ago
Beautiful. ♥

Addison Mullen
48 minutes ago
I wonder if the multiple comments today on Michael’s vlog that show they’re 1 year old is proof that he’s buying comments? The footage is clearly old…maybe the purchased comments are tied to the age of the footage? I don’t know….but it’s very weird. Something strange is going on.

Just an interesting tidbit…between Jan ‘21 - Jun ‘21, Michael released 14 videos. Keep in mind, he was in Madrid for several months during that time. Even though he was “sexing it up” in Spain, he still found time to release 14 videos. However, as of today, June, he’s only released 8 videos so far in 2022…including his “Fresh Start” video. And, two of the videos he’s released this year are of old footage…he’s really only made 6 new videos so far. What’s going on with the cottage? Painting the bedroom? The new staircase? There’s plenty of content…but I guess you need to be at Begmania to film it, instead of partying in London.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Apologies if this has been said already. When Dan says he has the Man Flu he doesn't mean he has actual flu. Man flu is a joke term for when a man has the common cold. It's a playful dig at the sort of men who are big babies and exaggerate their symptoms when they are ill. Dan is joking about flu but he could very possibly have had covid.
Thank you for clearing that up....
I thought everyone (as in world wide) knew what the “Man Flu” is.
It’s a cold!
😬
Gah!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I wonder if the multiple comments today on Michael’s vlog that show they’re 1 year old is proof that he’s buying comments? The footage is clearly old…maybe the purchase comments are tied to the age if the footage? I don’t know….but it’s very weird. Something strange is going on.

Just an interesting tidbit…between Jan ‘21 - Jun ‘21, Michael released 14 videos. Keep in mind, he was in Madrid for several months during that time. So, even though he was “sexing it up” in Spain, he still found time to release 14 videos. However, as of today, June, he’s only released 8 videos so far in 2022…including his “Fresh Start” video. And, two of the videos he’s released this year are of old footage…he’s really only made 6 new videos so far. What’s going on with the cottage? Painting the bedroom? The new staircase? There’s plenty of content…but I guess you need to be at Begmania to film it, instead of partying in London.
Karen Petrie
1 year ago
Ohhhhh yessssss!!! 👏❤❤❤ I could listen all day. 🙏🥰❤

Addison Mullen
47 minutes ago

qttJPGzPC2ZmL4EoV6zCehQ=s176-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Karen Petrie

👆 This is Karen Cbomb.
www.chateauxchronicles.com

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I've been thinking what is the common denominator between the chateau cult. And that is it. They are all LAZY. Tattlers have come up with umpteen ways for Fanny to have a profitable business - but she can't be arsed. A bit of cooking for guests & workshops in the early days - rest of the real work done by volunteers.
Now we have Dan (not the gardener/builder) who just wants quick results. Not the best. Just the least effort.
Maybe Amaury is not the master carpenter we've been told he is, but a bog standard one who was given a job beyond his capabilities. Bolstered up by Fanny (yet again) blowing smoke up someone's arse to get them to think they're better than they are & make her look all lovely & supportive.
Maybe that's why he's taking soooooo long to do the panelling?
Nati - slow as you like to open gifts, reply to emails - what does she do all day?
Snort Monster - lazy boy. Not out there putting himself about finding out about castings & getting his little baby hands dirty with any real work.
LAZY LAZY LAZY the lot of them.
Absolutely, quite obvious from the beginning from the state of the shitoo and grounds. The first time I saw it beyond appalled. All rooms musty and dirty the pretend tennis court overgrown and nasty. The kitchen = appalling, everything is pretentious in this misfit cult only several things are cemented in this lot grifting, drinking, laziness and swapping partners. 🤢🤮

• Heart
Can you imagine what Stephanie said to her perspective fancy Parisian lawyers when she inquired about us lil’ ol’ Tartlets? “Well, amongst other things, they photoshopped this otherwise beautiful picture of Davey looking at my bum and made it look like I pooped myself in my dressing gown at 3:45 in the afternoon, whilst I was working tirelessly on the restoration of my historic chateau.”
View attachment 1344129
...can only imagine what the lawyer/s thought after she brought this ridiculous picture to him/her...hope they at least got a decent hourly rate for this nonsense.

...parody and satire are rarely defamatory, and both are legal in the US. ...she would have to prove she was materially or financially harmed or that her personal reputation has/had been maligned or slandered. ...Not an easy task...and costly.

...most reasonable people...and the court...would see this as humor...tasteless, but funny...clearly a silly joke and therefore, not a legal issue.

...in fact...the more outrageous the material...the better...leaves no question regarding intent...and if in ‘any doubt’ or thought to have merit...add a disclaimer...

...sj is basically...an idiot...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Respectfully, I strongly object to the use of the word "woke" and also the idea that CD fans are poor old women.
"Woke" is a word of Afro American origin which has been coopted by right wing politics for use as political rhetoric to dog whistle racism, among other things.
In re grannies, it's more likely they are part of the world wide movement toward authoritarian aesthetics and rhetoric. That they have plenty of money. And are voting for demented ancien regimes like Jarvis' with their wallets.
@billybudd I nominated the quote as a thread title that @OneMoonbeam quoted in a post. I'm sure it was a lighthearted quote.
I thought, and still do, it would make an excellant thread title. I do not recogonise myself in any of your explanation for the term 'woke'.
As to 'grannies', come on, the term is always being quoted on here.
I cannot speak for @OneMoonbeam, but I think that maybe on this occasion, you are seeing offence where no offence was intended or exists. Your explanation of the term'woke' is how you view it. I don't.
Let's agree to disagree.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Shooting my mouth off, I apologize. The hobby horse I'm riding is the reaming the Brit OGs give/gave newbies back in the day, and I seem to have done the same thing.
There's a lot of that going around today.
One reason never to turn on Unignore.
Dearest Harp, it's a jungle out here and today I was one of the most flea-ridden denizens.
The flying monkeys are trying their hardest!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Rewatching that vlog from May 15, 2020, that @KiKiGee posted.

Gosh what a difference 2 years make. I remember when I first watched that vlog that mainly I was in awe and admiration of Fanny and mummeee dear because of how agile and how nimble they were, going up into those attics.
Now all I see is the literal tit that covers everything and unsurprisingly 2 years on from Fanny gushing and rhapsodising over her plans to utilise all that she hoards, nothing has changed. There has been no movement and as of yet v little improvement to these areas. I know I’ll never be rich as I tend to get rid of anything I don’t need and try not to keep it for a just in case situation but come on 90% of the crap she was exposing should have been binned or disposed of appropriately and not stored and forgotten about. What a tip.

Reactions: 20
Nah not a better person, but just a little concerned for people on the spectrum - enough to raise it as a question on this forum.
I've seen such ones so badly treated for what are essentially invisible disabilities. It's a very sad indictment on our society that so many people get bullied and 'gossiped about' who are on the spectrum, and in some cases that ill-treatment can build into difficult events, even run-ins with the law. In the accounting example if S is unable to coordinate (neurologically) as I suspect, and fails to get help to do so (also part of the issue with spectrum) then one can easily see how it could coast dangerously close to mismanagement of funds, sexual misconduct..etc. Neither of us are excusing bad behaviour at all, nor should we, which is why I think some of these posts here are very fair.
Let me define her spectrum = 🤑🤑🤑💰💰💰💸💸💸Money, Money, Money 👈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

@billybudd I nominated the quote as a thread title that @OneMoonbeam quoted in a post. I'm sure it was a lighthearted quote.
I thought, and still do, it would make an excellant thread title. I do not recogonise myself in any of your explanation for the term 'woke'.
As to 'grannies', come on, the term is always being quoted on here.
I cannot speak for @OneMoonbeam, but I think that maybe on this occasion, you are seeing offence where no offence was intended or exists. Your explanation of the term'woke' is how you view it. I don't.
Let's agree to disagree.
I did not take offense at you and meant to give none.
I respectfully explained the reasons for my disagreement with the nomination. I won't go over the explanation again, but I stand by every word of it. "Woke" is and is meant to be fighting words.

The flying monkeys are trying their hardest!
Perhaps I do not make myself clear.
The flying monkeys have nothing to do with this. If they exist.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Respectfully, I strongly object to the use of the word "woke" and also the idea that CD fans are poor old women.
"Woke" is a word of Afro American origin which has been coopted by right wing politics for use as political rhetoric to dog whistle racism, among other things.
In re grannies, it's more likely they are part of the world wide movement toward authoritarian aesthetics and rhetoric. That they have plenty of money. And are voting for demented ancien regimes like Jarvis' with their wallets.
I've always thought the high tier patrons are very ordinary middle class women and gay men needing a boost in their social contacts. They are buying a parasocial fake friendship. It's transactional to give Fanny money so you can call her a 'friend' and expect her to answer their every email, their gifts to be opened in due time, reserve a room for them when they want to come (in case of Jason Dubey even when nobody's home, but as a high tier patron he feels entitled to come anyway). These entitled Hyacinth Bucket's of North America who by accident and terrible injustice of life live amongst common people, have only common friends and live in common houses with their common families. They were born to a different life!

I can imagine the boasting how they're just got an email or are going to visit a dear friend, Lady Stephanie, and stay in her chateau :sneaky: (and understand how much she loaths them, basically giving them a finger in every possible turn.)

Some of them are clear narcs themselves asserting power over Fanny, we pay you jump -mentality, how many times we've read:
"I'm a high tier patron, why Nati isn't answering my emails?"
"I'm a high tier patron, I'm going to sort this out and call Stephanie."
"I'm a high tier patron, I demand an explanation."
"Did you see me?"
These people don't want to lose their faces, they suck it up when Fanny doesn't obey them.

But most of them are just people who in the back of their minds know they bring nothing to the table and would never get acquainted with people like her without a monthly donation. This is their only change to mingle with 'the upper echelon' people, which is a scam, real upper echelon people don't operate this way, but it's as close as they can get so they'll take it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
After seeing her act like a 4 year old (like Phyllis) with that stuffy hedgehog, I wondered if she has imposter syndrome, well that didn't fit. After googling it, I discovered Echopraxia.. talk on here about being on the spectrum would fall under this. I notice she's now behaving like Phyllis, when Potts is there she mirrors his actions... I think about her Mum sending her to a private schools Grad dance and told to be like them and mingle. When Petherick is there they are both flamboyant, she becomes his double... In the beginning, when she introduced herself, she was a completely different person. (Not diagnosing, just observations.) Oh, and constantly telling her aunt she wants to be like her, everything she does is based on what she remembered as a child at the aunts house etc... I'm not convinced she's one person... she's everyone she ever met.
A process of osmosis. In a nutshell, SJ is human litmus paper, soaking up and absorbing the personalities of those around her.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.